• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Next Pokemon Thread (Updated!) **YOUR OPINION =/= FACT!**

• Thread starter Potentate Carpathia
  • Start date

May Ketchum

Dawn IS my world....
I don't see anmd I can't envision Dawn with Aipom. And Riolu has just an even chance of going to Dawn or Brock as it could go to Ash, he's not going to get every Pokemon

Final Teams

Ash
Pikachu
Staraptor
Torterra maybe Grotle
Inferape maybe Monferno
Ambipom
Croconaw (Totodile seriously needs more face time)

Dawn:
Prinplup maybe Empoleon
Lopunny
Pachirisu
Floatzel
Cherrim/Roserade
Ponyta/Rapidash

Brock
Sudowoodo
Toxicroak
Happiny
Crandios/Rampardos

James:
Mime Jr./Mr. Mime
Carnivine
Skorupi
Snover (maybe from the Gardenia trade)

Jessie:
Wobbufett
Dustox
Stunky (replaces Seviper)

Anonymous Trainer

<-----Facewall
as fun as it is to bash fanatics, let's try and keep it positive, to a degree.

a water type? i actually agree with Anonymous Trainer on that one. buizel or bust.

but i'd rather have a different type than water this time, like, DRAGON for one? now that would be cool....

I'd love to see him with Gabite at least, but you know, the forbidden type rule. After Paul saw how Cynthia's Garchomp trashed everything he threw at it, knowing him he'll more likely turn up with one since there is no restraint from those particular types.

I mostl agree with you, but I don't see Chimchar evolving. I dunno why, but I just do.

Chimchar has a better chance to evolve all the way than Turtwig. Like what Almighty Zard said, Paul's Torterra screwed it over. Turtwig might make it to Grotle, but it can be only lucky to go to Torterra. Personally I think both Chimchar and Turtwig evolving fully would be awesome.

Last edited:

niedude

Don't forget to grin
I don't see anmd I can't envision Dawn with Aipom. And Riolu has just an even chance of going to Dawn or Brock as it could go to Ash, he's not going to get every Pokemon

Final Teams

Ash
Pikachu
Staraptor
Torterra maybe Grotle
Inferape maybe Monferno
Ambipom

Dawn:
Prinplup maybe Empoleon
Lopunny
Pachirisu
Floatzel
Cherrim/Roserade
Ponyta/Rapidash

Brock
Sudowoodo
Toxicroak
Happiny
Crandios/Rampardos

James:
Mime Jr./Mr. Mime
Carnivine
Skorupi

Jessie:
Wobbufett
Dustox

*ignores stupid dawn obsessed comments* seviper wont get replaced this soon, ESPECIALLY since she is the only pokemon jessie uses nowadays, if a jessie pokemon is getting released is dustox (with a small chance of woboffet beeing trade back for lickytung)and totodile isnt coming back!

May Ketchum

Dawn IS my world....
And then he'll trash Paul with four final forms, Staraptor, Torterra, Infernape and Ambipom, and have Pikachu there to sweep up the rest

niedude

Don't forget to grin
And then he'll trash Paul with four final forms, Staraptor, Torterra, Infernape and Ambipom, and have Pikachu there to sweep up the rest

Ash will never get a torterra, it was already unlikelly cause none of ashs grass types evolved more than once, and I see a big bayllef redo on turtwig ever since I laid my eyes on grottle(it reminds me of baileef thing for some reason)

Edit:Except sceptile that is

char-cario

Turtwig will evolve. Sure, he got caught in the same circumstances as Bulbasaur, but IMO, the little turtle doesn't seem as stubborn as Bulbasaur, and he is much more affectionate to Ash. Plus, with Torterra, you get an instant playground for the small pokemons, and instant transportation.

Last edited:

niedude

Don't forget to grin
Turtwig will evolve. Sure, he got caught in the same circumstances as Bulbasaur, but IMO, the little turtle doesn't seem as stubborn as Bulbasaur, and he is much more affectionate to Ash. Plus, with Torterra, you get an instant playground for the small pokemons, and instant transportation.
My edit-before-u-posted-says-hi, I forgot about sceptile but no main character/rival had a sceptile so, ha!

And Bayleaf tries to kill Ash everytime she sees him

Whats that got to do with anything?

Anyway, ash wont get a torterra!!

May Ketchum

Dawn IS my world....
He was a rival to Ash like Paul is, but he wasn't featured for very long, I'm not comparing Tyson to Paul

niedude

Don't forget to grin
He was a rival to Ash like Paul is, but he wasn't featured for very long, I'm not comparing Tyson to Paul

Exactly, Tyson was not nearly as important as Paul, heck he is not as important as Richie(I love richie but the poor guy is only featured in chronichles epis so no one will forget him)

And Pauls most important pokemon is torterra, Tysons was not (right?)

TurtleKing

The King of Turtles.

Final Teams

Ash
Pikachu
Staraptor
Torterra maybe Grotle
Inferape maybe Monferno
Ambipom

Dawn:
Prinplup maybe Empoleon
Lopunny
Pachirisu
Floatzel
Cherrim/Roserade
Ponyta/Rapidash

Brock
Sudowoodo
Toxicroak
Happiny
Crandios/Rampardos

James:
Mime Jr./Mr. Mime
Carnivine
Skorupi

Jessie:
Wobbufett
Dustox

OMG. Where is your common sense?

uber gon

Accept Change
Ash will probably have Monferno and Grotle this season, then an Infernape and Torterra next season.

ground tamer

Hahahahahaha
This is what i think will happen with Ash's team.

~ Chimchar will prob. evolve within the next few episodes. The whole Charmander redo thing but with an evolution seems really likely to me.

~ Turtwig will prob. not evolve. Like people have stated, Paul's Torterra has screwed it over. In the end a battle with Torterra and Turtwig will prob. happen with Turtwig putting up a good fight, but eventually losing.

~ I think that Staravia won't evolve. It really doesn't get much battle time compared to Aipom and all of his other pokemon.

~ Aipom will most likely evolve in the episode with it and Buizel. After that i have no idea what will happen to it.

~ Pikachu...(no comment)

~ His final pokemon...this is a hard choice for me because his team has a few staple types. I will say either Gastrodon or just an extra spot for his Oak'ed pokemon. Both seem unlikely though...

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Ash;
Pikachu
Torterra (Turtwig might evolve all the way)
Staraptor (Staravia could evolve)
Monferno/Infernape (Chimchar could evolve)
Phione (IT'S NOT LEGENDARY!!!)
Ambipom (Aipom was captured with the sole purpose of evolving in Sinnoh)

Dawn;
Empoleon (Piplup will evolve IMO)
Floatzel (I could see Buizel evolving)
Pachirisu
Lopunny (IIRC the Tag Battle prize is a Soothe Bell?)
Vespiquen (I see kind of a Jessie/Dawn rivalry here)
Ponyta (I dunno)

Brock;
Sudowoodo
Chansey (Flirting with Nurse Joys a'la Hassle in the Castle)
Toxicroak (OUCH)
Probopass (Not completely out of the question)
Ninjask (I could always see him catch a Nincada)
Shedinja

Jessie;
Seviper
Dustox
Wobbuffet
Combee (Male)

James;
Cacnea (Maybe the upcoming episode won't be him giving it to Gardenia, but rather Gardenia helping him train Cacnea)
Carnivine
Mr. Mime (Bonsly evolved, so why not Mime Jr.?)
Stunky (James; Go, Stunky! Stunky; PFFFT! Meowth; Wow, James, you stink! James; How would you know? You don't even have a nose!)

day_macca

Boulder Trainer
Ash

Only ones that will evolve will THIS series:

Turtwig --> Grotle
Chimchar --> Monferno
Aipom ---> Ambipom (if there is no trade which I hope there isn't)
Staravia --> Staraptor (but it will be underused)
'Wildcard' - Hopefully a Nosepass --> Probopass :)

Dawn

Piplup --> Prinpulp
Buneary ---> Lopunny
One more - Ponyta or Combee (f)?

Paul

Elekid --> Electabuzz (though I think we may not see it) ---> Electivire
Murkrow --> Honchkrow
'Replacement for Chimchar' ---> Magby, Magmar, Slugma?