• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Next Pokemon Thread V: Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Station [UNOVA ONLY]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shirou456

I just can't at the people who believe that all of Ash's reserve Pokemon will reach their final forms. So far, the only one that is confirmed to reach its final form is Swadloon, but that's not surprising when you consider that Bug-types evolve quickly and without much training. However, Palpitoad, Boldore and Krokorok aren't so lucky because they're rarely used in battle. Boldore could evolve into Gigalith if it were traded, which seems easy enough at first, but I doubt that it'll even happen now that we know that Trip's Timburr has already evolved into Conkeldurr (a trade with Trip was the ideal method of evolution for Boldore). But regardless, I don't think that all of Ash's reserve Pokemon will evolve.

1. He JUST got Krokorok, we have no idea what will happen with it.
2. So...Trip is the ONLY citizen in ALL of Unova...no the WORLD that Ash can trade with then? That's so sad that trainers can only trade with trainers who have trade Pokemon (I feel sorry for all those Machokes, Haunter, Seadra etc then with trainers with such a low contact list...).
3. I mean it's entirely possible Palpitoad can evolve.

Look, I'm not saying they all will evolve, any will evolve, only one will evolve but that's the thing...we have no idea how the writers will treat them. I mean they evolved Sewaddle because it';s a bug and because it's a relatively boring pokemon as far as Grass or Bug types go, but it has a fun and cool evolution. Seismatoad is pretty popular so who is say (especially since no one in the total Unova cast has a Tympole line pokemon other than Ash...no reason to not evolve it). Gigalith is also pretty popular and there are other story lines you can pursue with trading (like evolving but a permanent trading leading to some emotional dilemma between Ash and Boldore). Who knows? I mean with BW2 coming out, this saga could be much longer and they are just waiting to evolve em. Let's not count out evolution completely right now.

#mytwocents

k6666

Pikachu Fan
i think the following Ash's pokemon who will reach the final evo and who dint

1 Tepig->pignite->Emboar ( another fire who abandoned by their trainer who always reach they final form eg : charizard , infernape)
2 Swadle -> sawdloom -> Leavany (another ash bug type pokemon :D / replacment for snivy so she no need to evolve )
3 Plapitoad -> seismotoad -> (replacement for oshawott so he not gonna evolve)
4 Krookorok ->Krookodile (how wonder full if this happen / maybe replacement for scarggy so he not gonna evolve
5 Pidove -> tranquill ->unfezant (already happen)
6 Boldore -> Gigalith->( i can see that happen)
7 Pikachu ( never gonna evolve :D)
8 Oshawott ( ash water starter never evolve :D eg : totodile and squirtle )
9 snivy ( another ash bulbasaur i think)
10 Scarggy ( maybe he gonna evolve somday but not sure ) :D

harsh551

pokemon master
i think ash required a second fire type
chandelure will be nice addition to his team ,but i think writer will give him darumakka in future

Haunter ゴースト

i think ash required a second fire type
chandelure will be nice addition to his team ,but i think writer will give him darumakka in future

Personally I don't think Ash needs another fire type, nor do I think he needs anymore Pokemon in BW at all, he has a lot of Pokemon as of right now and anymore is only going to look messed up with the lack of development, screentime and action each Pokemon gets.

If for whatever reason Ash 'releases/gives for training' a Pokemon, then i'd say he should catch another.

G50

No longer posting
I dont think Ash needs another fire type. I think one Pokemon might learn a fire type attack, maybe Krok or some other, but I don't think Ash needs more Pokemon at the moment.

I think one of Ash's Pokemon will learn Incinerate (hopefully).

I do agree that he doesn't really need another fire type really.

I dont think Ash needs another fire type. I think one Pokemon might learn a fire type attack, maybe Krok or some other, but I don't think Ash needs more Pokemon at the moment.

I'm still keen on krok learning fire fang. but o agree he doesn't need a 2nd fire type. if he was gonna happen it would of already

I'm just wondering...do people just join bandwagons? Lately all I'm seeing is Ash is destined to get Emboar while Snivy and Oshawott rot in their own forms...

depressing isn't it. I'm still hoping we get all the starters in their middle forms by the league. then they can evolve further in a potential filler

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
The main reason why I think Pignite will evolve into an Emboar, Palpitoad will evolve into a Seismitoad, why there won't be a fire type caught and why Oshawott and Snivy won't evolve...Is all for marketing. We know Ash will have a leavanny soon right? So Snivy doesn't need to become a Serperior or be the evolved grass type of this region, this could apply for Oshawott and Palpitoad. And since there isn't a fire type already caught, and since Tepig will evolve soon, I think Tepig will be the fully evolved fire type powerhouse this saga and no other fire type will be caught.

Oshawott-Palpitoad=Oshawott for marketing, Palpitoad evolves for power
Snivy-Leavanny=Snivy for marketing, Leavanny for power
Pignite=Pignite evolving for power.

The one thing though that can be spotted about this though is that another fire type could still be caught, and either Oshawott or Snivy could still evolve. Though I doubt this and believe my pattern has a good chance of happening. Then reserves like Boldore and Krokorok can evolve, Scraggy will stay the way it is and most of the things will be alright.

Zariful

I'd like litwick on the team so when it has group interactions it will pull pranks on it's teammates until learns not to be such trouble

Ugh i'm starting to become chomper only with the obsession over litwick

Last edited:
All in their middle forms would be good, everyone would evolve :) It would show how all of them are getting stronger.

the starters In their middle forms, most of the reserves fully evolved with maybe either boldore or krokorok staying as is and scraggy unevolved. its a good team in my opinion. then a couple of the starters evolving again in a filler

Except Scraggamuffin (lol) could stay like this till the filler saga

I want scraggy to evolve eventually but near the end of the filler to symbolise it growing up

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
1. He JUST got Krokorok, we have no idea what will happen with it.
2. So...Trip is the ONLY citizen in ALL of Unova...no the WORLD that Ash can trade with then? That's so sad that trainers can only trade with trainers who have trade Pokemon (I feel sorry for all those Machokes, Haunter, Seadra etc then with trainers with such a low contact list...).
3. I mean it's entirely possible Palpitoad can evolve.

I know that Chomper thinks Krokorok will get special treatment, but to me, he's just another Pokemon that Ash will rotate around. And I said that Trip would be the preferred person for Ash to trade with because it would actually mean something since Ash and Trip are rivals. I don't think that the writers would have Ash trade with some random nobody since most of Ash's Pokemon evolve when someone important is involved (i.e. Team Rocket, a Gym Leader, etc.). And I only see Palpitoad evolving as a way to appease the fanbase, but since the writers don't care about what fans want, it probably won't happen.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
You know, I like Palpitoad, but it's evolution is really debatable...since we barely see it, nothing will get stale about. I mean I hope it get's a 4th move like Sludge Wave... And don't go telling me that Ash talked about Seismitoad being Palpitoad's evolution, otherwise we'd have had a Quilava and Feraligatr in the Johto league. I like Seismitoad, but I'm 50/50 on it right now.

You know, I like Palpitoad, but it's evolution is really debatable...since we barely see it, nothing will get stale about. I mean I hope it get's a 4th move like Sludge Wave... And don't go telling me that Ash talked about Seismitoad being Palpitoad's evolution, otherwise we'd have had a Quilava and Feraligatr in the Johto league. I like Seismitoad, but I'm 50/50 on it right now.

we rarely saw tranquill and swadloon and they get evolutions. palpitoad should evolve eventually because it gains so much from it (arms,vastly better moves)

Status
Not open for further replies.