• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Next Pokemon Thread V: Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Station [UNOVA ONLY]

Status
Not open for further replies.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Guys, remember that in the anime, some Pokemon that evolve by trading in the games evolved in the anime without trading.

I could see Boldore get a random non-trade evolution.

XxEpicsxX

I just don't care
They could do something creative with Boldore's evolution. They could go the Misty's Politoed route, or they could involve Trip's Conkeldurr/some other trade evolution pokemon that's already been traded. Just have Pikachu use a Thunderbolt, then Conkeldurr blocks it with his pillars, and it hits Boldore, so then they have some of the special trade machine energy that's still with Conkeldurr hit Boldore and makes him evolve. Bam! Evolution. Just because Trip has Conkeldurr absolutely in no way means that Boldore can't still evolve, even if it is through someone else.

dman_dustin

Just because Trip has Conkeldurr absolutely in no way means that Boldore can't still evolve, even if it is through someone else.

I do have to wonder what the point of Trip having Timburr/Gurdurr/Conkeldurr if it was never going to parallel Ash's Roggenrola/Boldore/(Gigalith?), seems rather pointless, maybe Tynamo or Meinfoo (if it had to be a fighting type) would've been a better choice.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I do have to wonder what the point of Trip having Timburr/Gurdurr/Conkeldurr if it was never going to parallel Ash's Roggenrola/Boldore/(Gigalith?), seems rather pointless, maybe Tynamo or Meinfoo (if it had to be a fighting type) would've been a better choice.

Whats the point? its a pokemon like any other and a strong one that they decided to give him...those two would have been a better choice in what comes to your taste, I personally prefer Conkeldurr to those two.

Yes they lost an obvious cool storyline(and I think I was one of the first to suggest it even) am I a little annoyed they aren't evolving together? sure but its nothing major, could and should have been used though, still its not a reason for Shooti not to have a Conkeldurr but have a Mienfoo instead.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Guys, remember that in the anime, some Pokemon that evolve by trading in the games evolved in the anime without trading.

most if not all of those instances involved Items, which allowed said pokemon to cheat and bend the rules.

Considering that the two bugs (Shelmet and Karrablast) got a trade focused episode even though they could've bent the rules then too due to the "electrical surge" mentioned in the pokedex for one of them that causes them to evolve. (there's a pikachu scenario for ya.) if Boldure doesn't evolve correctly I for one will be agitated.

shelldude400

If Trip explains how Gurdurr evolved into Cokeldurr, then maybe Ash could do the same. I mean, who the hell would Trip trade and trade back with? The only person I could think of would be Juniper :/
Tbh though, Boldore didn't evolve that long ago :p
I'd prefer a starter evolution from Oshawott/Snivy over Boldore becoming Gigalith..
I'd rather him evolve right before the league or in the potential filler, maybe he trades it to Oak for something? Or maybe he Oak's it and it evolves under Oak's care like Brock's Onix... Or maybe there's a special cave in another region or something >_<

Chomper4

If Trip explains how Gurdurr evolved into Cokeldurr, then maybe Ash could do the same. I mean, who the hell would Trip trade and trade back with? The only person I could think of would be Juniper :/
Tbh though, Boldore didn't evolve that long ago :p
I'd prefer a starter evolution from Oshawott/Snivy over Boldore becoming Gigalith..
I'd rather him evolve right before the league or in the potential filler, maybe he trades it to Oak for something? Or maybe he Oak's it and it evolves under Oak's care like Brock's Onix... Or maybe there's a special cave in another region or something >_<

There are many possibilitiea for Boldore to evoolvw

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
So this is Bianca, Jessie, James and Burgundy

Bianca: Six pokemon
- Emboar
- Cinccino
- Escavalier
- Whimsicott: Needs to debut and would be great with her, sharing a ditzy personality.
- Reuniclus: Needs to debut and would be okay with her, would show up at the league when Ash has a 6on6 with her.
- Braviary: Needs to debut and would be a powerful out of the box critter for her, presented as Rufflet before the league.

Jessie: Two pokemon
- Swoobat
- Eelektrik: Fits.
James: Two pokemon
- Yamask: Keep it floating, fits good with their hit and run strategies.
- Klang: Floating normally inanimate pokemon, sounds like Weezing and Chimecho to me, but not as redundant as Ferroseed would be.

Burgundy: Three pokemon
- Samurott: The only change. Cilan has now commented on Burgundy and Dewott's growing bond, so why wouldn't it evolve?
- Sawsbuck
- Stoutland

G50

No longer posting

It could be that it was only being set up for a potential Conkeldurr/Boldore rivalry later on. They could have an intense battle (and a non-trade evolutiion), and then battling again in the league.

Chomper4

If anything, there might be a non trade evolution for Boldore. Unless Trip explaons why his Gurdurr evolved.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I guess what I want to know is why introduce trade evolution (I know about the whole Karrablast/Shelmet thing) if it's not gonna be used properly...was the whole it needs to be trade to evolve thing only true to the Bugs in this show? I know this means Gigalith for Ash is slim, but I'd rather it evolve the proper way then evolve because the writers felt it needed too

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
So this is Bianca, Jessie, James and Burgundy

Bianca: Six pokemon
- Emboar
- Cinccino
- Escavalier
- Whimsicott: Needs to debut and would be great with her, sharing a ditzy personality.
- Reuniclus: Needs to debut and would be okay with her, would show up at the league when Ash has a 6on6 with her.
- Braviary: Needs to debut and would be a powerful out of the box critter for her, presented as Rufflet before the league.

Jessie: Two pokemon
- Swoobat
- Eelektrik: Fits.
James: Two pokemon
- Yamask: Keep it floating, fits good with their hit and run strategies.
- Klang: Floating normally inanimate pokemon, sounds like Weezing and Chimecho to me, but not as redundant as Ferroseed would be.

Burgundy: Three pokemon
- Samurott: The only change. Cilan has now commented on Burgundy and Dewott's growing bond, so why wouldn't it evolve?
- Sawsbuck
- Stoutland

Given they barely appear, I dont see Team Rocket catching more pokemon. OR having theirs evolve.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Pokemon Kids June set

AAPF said:
Bandai will release the following Pokemon Kids Keldeo Set in June 2012.
Will edit the rest of lines and upload the image soon.

[ Keldeo Set 11 lines ]

#025 Pikachu (new pose), #542 Leavanny, #639 Terrakion, #646 Kyurem, #647 Keldeo
and 6 more

Swadloon will probably evolve in May/June, ofc this isn't a sure thing, since female Unfezant comes out in the April set and she evolved in February and some pokemon from the February and April sets haven't even appeared, Eelektrik from the November set hasn't appeared either.

Seems like they are starting to lack pokemons and they migth start repeting some pokemon, I believe Pikachu was in the April set and is in the June set too apparently.

Last edited:

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
Pokemon Kids June set

Swadloon will probably evolve in May/June, ofc this isn't a sure thing, since female Unfezant comes out in the April set and she evolved in February and some pokemon from the February and April sets haven't even appeared, Eelektrik from the November set hasn't appeared either.

Seems like they are starting to lack pokemons and they migth start repeting some pokemon, I believe Pikachu was in the April set and is in the June set too apparently.

Great~~~~*sarcasm*

So poor Kurumayu won't be seen likely until it evolves in June then......

Him and Kenhourou are tied for most neglected reserve.....

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Like I've said we don't know that, this sets come out each two months so it can evolve anywhere from April to June most likelly, it will probably be before the set come out, so either April or May but we know that already since the tournament takes most of April.

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
Like I've said we don't know that, this sets come out each two months so it can evolve anywhere from April to June most likelly, it will probably be before the set come out, so either April or May but we know that already since the tournament takes most of April.

Nope.

The Don-A-Might final is the first week of April.

The other 3 weeks are open to possibility, albeit one ep is a fossil episode likely.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Nope.

The Don-A-Might final is the first week of April.

The other 3 weeks are open to possibility, albeit one ep is a fossil episode likely.

Oh made the math wrong, then yeah he can evolve in April but Tepig might be the one to evolve in April due to the calendar unless its a diferent Pignite.

(I would be happy if they evolved one each month).

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Why not just have two evolution's in one month, it's no different then the time Boldore->Crustle->Accelgor and Escavalier happened all in a round (funny thing that they all fought in a tag battle as well)

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Why not just have two evolution's in one month, it's no different then the time Boldore->Crustle->Accelgor and Escavalier happened all in a round (funny thing that they all fought in a tag battle as well)

I said I wouldn't mind one evolution each month and by that, I meant, continue evolving things now, still the league not talking about Leavanny and Pignite in particular.

As far as I'm concerned I would have liked the spoiled pokemons to have evolved already and we got 4 of those spoilers done(Krokorok,Unfezant, Boldore and Crutle) but the episodes have been pretty awesome latelly with probably the Afrobulls one being the only meh one, so I'm fine with them, they could have evolved Tepig in that episode to make it less meh and start an arc for Oshawott to evolve too.

I still hope Oshawott sees Tepig evolve and is influenced by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.