• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Next Pokemon Thread V: Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Station [UNOVA ONLY]

Status
Not open for further replies.

G50

No longer posting
I know so many people are used to their being 1 main starter in each region, and thinking there is only one.

I seriously am doubting there is "1" only.

Oshawott and Tepig look to Both be Ash's main starter, but for opposing reasons.

There are a few tell-tale signs that seem to indicate this.

G50

No longer posting
The 3 starters are getting focus, Oshawott, just stands out more due to his personality.

==============

Basically what I'm saying -

Oshawott - Comic/Personality/selfishness/Most fillers/If you do use the game comparison - Bianca - Fire, Trip - Grass, Ash - Water

Tepig - A lot of Main Battles/Gym Battles/Favorite for use in battles/If you do use game comparison - Pansage and Tepig are both in the Gang's group. Only Starter singled out for his type.

Both - Used together a whole lot, Gang talks about them a lot, both have awesome personalities, but Tepig is 10x cuter due to not being a show off, does have a little bit of comical in him as well. Weakest rivals of Ash&Friends have the Fire and Water starter. Both of their evolution lines have had terrible treatment.

Battle/Move development is huge throughout the Anime for both.

Snivy on the other hand has had the feel of getting left behind the 2 of them constantly, but on the one hand has been like an "Older Sibling" to the others, making this so confusing to begin with... -.-

Did I miss any?

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
I thought Burgundy battled Chili and picked up the Striaton badge simply coz she was there.. Unless I missed something where she actually said she was collecting them all?

It's like the Luke situation. People assume he'll be in the league, but as far as I know he only entered the Don Tournament to improve the battle scenes in his movies and there's absolutely nothing pointing towards him returning.

Unless like I say, I missed something there too..?

I'm in the same camp as well. I thought Burgundy's only reason for getting that badge was because she wanted revenge and he was the Gym Leader there. But since he was out, she just battled his brother instead. I really don't think she will be in the League and that she will mostly be a recurring rival for Cilan.

As for Luke, I think he was a 1-arc character and that he won't show up ever again, much like Holly in DP. Luke seems more like he is more into movies than actual battling.

Bel and Trip will most like serve as Ash's rivals at the League and a small chance that Cheren could be introduced as well if Trip isn't his replacement.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
She's Cilan's rival, not Ash's.

Did you read the part where I said that she may become Ash's rival at the Pokemon League since it appears that she's also collecting badges? It's true that we've only seen her with one so far, but I'm pretty certain that she'll have a few more when we see her again. I just don't think it's fair to say that her Dewott won't be as important as some of the other fully-evolved Starter Pokemon if it evolves into Samurott.

I don't get why you want Oshawott to stay as it is, seems like you care more about getting a little giggle from Oshawott then Ash furthering his dreams.

I actually understood what you were trying to say until I read this part. I just find it ironic that you believe that Ash will achieve his goals if his Oshawott evolves; it's as if you think Oshawott is the answer to all the anime's problems. And here I thought that I was obsessed with Oshawott, but I guess I'm not really his biggest fan. :(

I really don't think she will be in the League and that she will mostly be a recurring rival for Cilan.

People thought that Conway was going to be a recurring character for Dawn, yet he ended up battling Ash at the Pokemon League. :confused:

Last edited:

Morcombe

==============

Basically what I'm saying -

Oshawott - Comic/Personality/selfishness/Most fillers/If you do use the game comparison - Bianca - Fire, Trip - Grass, Ash - Water

Tepig - A lot of Main Battles/Gym Battles/Favorite for use in battles/If you do use game comparison - Pansage and Tepig are both in the Gang's group. Only Starter singled out for his type.

Both - Used together a whole lot, Gang talks about them a lot, both have awesome personalities, but Tepig is 10x cuter due to not being a show off, does have a little bit of comical in him as well. Weakest rivals of Ash&Friends have the Fire and Water starter. Both of their evolution lines have had terrible treatment.

Battle/Move development is huge throughout the Anime for both.

Snivy on the other hand has had the feel of getting left behind the 2 of them constantly, but on the one hand has been like an "Older Sibling" to the others, making this so confusing to begin with... -.-

Did I miss any?

You do have a point but wasn't Snivy considerably stronger than both Oshawott and Tepig when they were caught, I still think of Snivy as the strongest of the three, it had a good win the Don battle as well.

I like all 3 of em but I think it's time for at least one of them to evolve before the fifth gym.

Demonsead

Hoenn Challenger
I'm in the same camp as well. I thought Burgundy's only reason for getting that badge was because she wanted revenge and he was the Gym Leader there. But since he was out, she just battled his brother instead. I really don't think she will be in the League and that she will mostly be a recurring rival for Cilan.

As for Luke, I think he was a 1-arc character and that he won't show up ever again, much like Holly in DP. Luke seems more like he is more into movies than actual battling.

Bel and Trip will most like serve as Ash's rivals at the League and a small chance that Cheren could be introduced as well if Trip isn't his replacement.

Cheren's not showing up thanks to trip existing.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Cheren's not showing up thanks to trip existing.

We still got Barry even though Paul was introduced.

I say the same could happen here.

Also to one of the above statements: It's been established that Burgundy's beef is specifically with Cilan, not Ash. Conway was totally ambiguous until the League came around.

Last edited:

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
I know so many people are used to their being 1 main starter in each region, and thinking there is only one.

I seriously am doubting there is "1" only.

Oshawott and Tepig look to Both be Ash's main starter, but for opposing reasons.

There are a few tell-tale signs that seem to indicate this.

While Mijumaru and Pokabu seem to be favored now, and may even evolve first, that does not mean, after that occurs, later on, Ash will not favor/focus on Tsutaaja and she can and will also evolve.

Demonsead

Hoenn Challenger
We still got Barry even though Paul was introduced.

I say the same could happen here.

Also to one of the above statements: It's been established that Burgundy's beef is specifically with Cilan, not Ash. Conway was totally ambiguous until the League came around.

Not my point. Barry and Paul have very different characters and personalities. Trip is a Cheren clone.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Not my point. Barry and Paul have very different characters and personalities. Trip is a Cheren clone.

The main point is despite Barry being the main rival in the games, they still introduced Paul. Barry could have been easily phazed out after Paul was brought in, but they still brought him in. He's a game character and they wanted to showcase him.

Personalities aside, Cheren can still be introduced even though we have Trip.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
The main point is despite Barry being the main rival in the games, they still introduced Paul. Barry could have been easily phazed out after Paul was brought in, but they still brought him in. He's a game character and they wanted to showcase him.

Personalities aside, Cheren can still be introduced even though we have Trip.

No thank you. Cheren has been replaced by Trip.
They brought in Barry because he and Paul were nothing alike.
Trip and Cheren are way too similar.

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
No thank you. Cheren has been replaced by Trip.
They brought in Barry because he and Paul were nothing alike.
Trip and Cheren are way too similar.

They can still bring in Cheren.

All they have to do is tweak his personality a bit, to not be such a serious guy like Shooti, maybe nicer and more helpful.

phantasystar69

Ash

[IMG139]http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/25.png[/IMG139][IMG139]http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/3/36/Spr_5b_521_f.png[/IMG139][IMG139]http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/503.png[/IMG139][IMG139]http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/500.png[/IMG139][IMG139]http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/495.png[/IMG139][IMG139]http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/560.png[/IMG139][IMG139]http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/542.png[/IMG139][IMG139]http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/536.png[/IMG139][IMG139]http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/526.png[/IMG139][IMG139]http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/575.png[/IMG139][IMG139]http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/632.png[/IMG139][IMG139]http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/623.png[/IMG139]

Pikachu-Will evolve soon.....not
Unfezant-will face off against trips
Samurott- will fully evolve and be the main starter
Emboar- will get a better treatment than torterra
Snivy- staying put
Scrafty-will evolve to show growth similar to gliscor
Leavanny-will evolve soon.
Palpitoad-staying the same if oshawott evolves fully
Gigalith-Trade Evolution
Gothorita- I have a feeling ash may get it in an upcoming episode. Seems to bond with scraggy. If not it will go to Iris. Ash's first Psychic type.
Durant- Ash's first steel type. Can be caught later in the series.
Golurk- Ash's first Ghost type. Trip has two ghost types, so this allows ash to showcase the golett line. Luke showed golett, so this can allow ash to evolve golett and show of golurk.

Last edited:

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I think if they were going to use Cheren at all, then he would've been involved from the start, instead of Trip being created with exactly the same personality. There is now absolutely no reason to introduce Cheren, even with a different personality, because his role is taken up.

The best we can hope for with him is a movie opening battle against the playable boy (his name escapes me right now). I believe the only main character from the games that still has a high chance of appearing is Hilda. In fact, I hope she's the league rival (like Harrison, Tyson and Tobias) this time around because we need a threatening female rival for once.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
It took Barry over 100 episodes to appear in DP.

I remember for the longest time we assumed Barry would never show up either.

dman_dustin

Or Cheren is the worst possible character Gamefreak has ever created, and he doesn't need to show up.....[/bias]

It would be nice if we knew which of the starters was going to evolve first, because it'll be interesting to see how that unfolds in the Pokemon Fandom. OH *BLEEP* not Snivy!!!!!!!!

Which reminds me, it'll be interesting to see the changes of people's predictions if Snivy does actually evolve. Since some of you don't want Snivy to evolve.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I think if they were going to use Cheren at all, then he would've been involved from the start, instead of Trip being created with exactly the same personality. There is now absolutely no reason to introduce Cheren, even with a different personality, because his role is taken up.

The best we can hope for with him is a movie opening battle against the playable boy (his name escapes me right now). I believe the only main character from the games that still has a high chance of appearing is Hilda. In fact, I hope she's the league rival (like Harrison, Tyson and Tobias) this time around because we need a threatening female rival for once.

I don't see Trip as a Cheren clone. If Cheren were to appear, they might change his personality a little so as not to clash with Trip's personality.

It could be like a "Barry & Paul v2.0".

Good speculation on Hilda as a rival for Ash during the league. Ash could like, make it to the Top 2 and finishes runner-up to her.

I mean, Hilda is the female player in BW and she gets strong against Team Plasma in the games. Also, she looks very tomboyish.

As for that "playable boy" mentioned, his name is Hilbert.

Status
Not open for further replies.