• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Next Pokemon Thread V: Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Station [UNOVA ONLY]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Thanks for posting an explanation, but you seem to have missed the main point of the argument.

The thing is, no more than two of those have been on the team at the same time. I don't think you're understanding Kira's (and my) argument; it's not about the fact that Ash hasn't captured an Electric Pokemon in fifteen years, it's mainly about Pikachu. Pikachu is Ash's starter Pokemon, and will always be on his team. Yes, Ash has seven Water types, but they rarely overlap. Pikachu won't come off Ash's team, so an Electric type will always overlap. I highly doubt they'll have another Thunderbolter on Ash's team.

And that's the truth tea. When all is said and done, I doubt the writers will have Ash capture another Electric-type Pokemon since it would just overshadow Pikachu, which wouldn't be a good thing since Pikachu is, and has always been, the most marketable Pokemon in the anime.

Haunter ゴースト

It's quite clear Pikachu would lose it's spotlight have Ash ever catch another Electric type, hence why we tend to get other characters with the 'mouse Electric' Pokemon each saga, this way other Electric types are on the team, yet they arn't as important.

Dawn - Pachirisu

Iris - Emolga

Im surprised May never caught Plusle or Minum to be fair.

dman_dustin

The thing is, no more than two of those have been on the team at the same time.
Krabby and Squirtle don't count? Snivy and Sewaddle, and Oshawott and Palpitoad don't count?

I don't think you're understanding Kira's (and my) argument; it's not about the fact that Ash hasn't captured an Electric Pokemon in fifteen years, it's mainly about Pikachu. Pikachu is Ash's starter Pokemon, and will always be on his team.
Dawn's starter was Piplup and she caught Buizel, even if it was for trade purposes she still had 2 water types.

Ash having another electric type isn't going to hurt anyone including Pikachu, because even if Ash were to have a 2nd electric type, the only one who is going to overshadow the other is going to Pikachu, Pikachu freaking overshadows the other types not just a hypothetical 2nd electric type.

Especially since in Unova he has 2 grass types, no he doesn't have a grass bug Pokemon, he really only has 2 grass types. And until Swadloon evolves or learns some bug types and replaces razor leaf, Swadloon will always be treated like a grass type along with Snivy. At the very least Palpitoad's main typing is pretty much even, but if it learns muddy water, or another water type, that'll be a 2nd water type along with Oshawott.

Pikachu won't come off Ash's team, so an Electric type will always overlap.
Your point? Ash had Charizard and Pidgeotto for a long period of time, sure that was Kanto, but Ash also had Gible and Torterra on the same team in Sinnoh, plus let's not forget about Gliscor, granted it wasn't on the team with Torterra or Gible, it was still three ground types total in Sinnoh.

If Ash can have all these overlapping other types except electricity, that's pretty stupid idiotic writing. If they don't give a damn about the other types lapping, why the hell do they have the right to care about electric types overlapping?

I highly doubt they'll have another Thunderbolter on Ash's team.
Who said anything about thunderbolt? I specifically said that said electric type would have electric moves that Pikachu most likely wouldn't learn. All it needs is one, and if its part psychic, part ghost, then it could have 1-3 of those type moves, and then the possible last move could be a wildcard type move.

Last edited:
By the end of the league the pokemon i can see Ash having are

;025; As Ash's signature pokemon nothing drastic is going to change. Maybe learn a move like Dig, Brick Break or Return just to give it a bit more variety.

:503: Ash already has two fully evolved grass starters and two fully evolved fire starters. Its time for the water type to get some love. Maybe learn scald or ice beam

:499: Can see it evolving once. Keeps most of its focus on fire type moves and leaves the fighting type to scraggy. Maybe learn Arm Thrust or Heat Crash

:495:Cant really see Snivy Evolving. Instead just focusing on gaining power as is. Maybe learn Mega/Giga drain

:521: Gonna go all the way sometime around 6th gym. Dont care how or why it evolves just as long as its not another pokeringer contest. Maybe learn Pluck or Aerial Ace

:542: With Snivy not evolving it leaves Swadloon free to evolve. In terms of moves it may learn Grass Knot or X-Scizor

:536: With Oshawott evolving all the way Palpitoad will probably stay the way it is. In terms of moves maybe Muddy Water, Hyper voice or Earth Power

:526: Can really see this going all the way. May evolve after trading or might just evolve naturally. Possible moves include Rock Slide, Iron Defense or Rock Polish

:559: Probably wont evolve but if it does then will be near or just after the league. May learn Payback, Drain Punch, Head Smash or Bulk up

Ash may get another pokemon around the time of 8th gym/ league. Possibilities include :613: or :624:

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I think Palpitoad could still be a jerk if it evolved into Seismitoad. I don't understand why a lot of people insist that a Pokemon will lose its personality upon evolving. While it's been true in a few cases, it doesn't always happen.

I'm not saying its personality would change, i'm just saying i don't think it'd come off as cool as a Seismitoad..

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
:503: Ash already has two fully evolved grass starters and two fully evolved fire starters. Its time for the water type to get some love. Maybe learn scald or ice beam

lool, totally agree xD the last time ash's water Pokemon evolved was in the first season, Krabby.
After that nobody xD
Squirtle
KINGLER
Lapras
Totodile
Corpish
Buizel
Oshawott (hopefully --> Dewott-->Samurott)

lool, totally agree xD the last time ash's water Pokemon evolved was in the first season, Krabby.
After that nobody xD
Squirtle
KINGLER
Lapras
Totodile
Corpish
Buizel
Oshawott (hopefully --> Dewott-->Samurott)

Oh my gosh, they really haven't evolved. I've liked all of his Water-Pokemon as is and am okay with them not evolving. I know this isn't a good argument, but I can't really see Ash with a Feraligatr or Crawdaunt, for example. I've also liked how they've made his Water Poke's strong without evolving, example: Corphish. BUT, the writers might also have not been evolving them for a reason; so they can make a super awesome SAMUROTT!

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
Oh my gosh, they really haven't evolved. I've liked all of his Water-Pokemon as is and am okay with them not evolving. I know this isn't a good argument, but I can't really see Ash with a Feraligatr or Crawdaunt, for example. I've also liked how they've made his Water Poke's strong without evolving, example: Corphish. BUT, the writers might also have not been evolving them for a reason; so they can make a super awesome SAMUROTT!

yeah i agree. in my opinion, the water pokemon were the ones with the best personalities xD
squirtle- childish, always joking, "rivalry" between bulbasaur
kingler- nothing much actually
lapras- the lost pokemon that only needed a bit of love :)
totodile- same as squirtle. always having fun, dancing, laughing, always happy
corpish- freaking bad*****
buizel- also freaking strong bad*****

they were the ones that always gave me joy when watching them. per example, the bird pokemon didnt have a lot of personality.
the grass pokemon did have personality (bulbasaur was the protective guy, chikorita/bayleef loved ash, sceptile was another bad*****, turtwig protected pokemon, but as torterra he didnt have much)
fire pokemon were normal
donphan and gliscor were rlly childish
butterfree/heracross were okay. heracross was awesome cuz of the eating thing.
gible was okay, kinda imitated turtwig.
muk was plain awesomeness
tauros and snorlax were okay. aipom was always joyful

yeah i agree. in my opinion, the water pokemon were the ones with the best personalities xD
squirtle- childish, always joking, "rivalry" between bulbasaur
kingler- nothing much actually
lapras- the lost pokemon that only needed a bit of love :)
totodile- same as squirtle. always having fun, dancing, laughing, always happy
corpish- freaking bad*****
buizel- also freaking strong bad*****

they were the ones that always gave me joy when watching them. per example, the bird pokemon didnt have a lot of personality.
the grass pokemon did have personality (bulbasaur was the protective guy, chikorita/bayleef loved ash, sceptile was another bad*****, turtwig protected pokemon, but as torterra he didnt have much)
fire pokemon were normal
donphan and gliscor were rlly childish
butterfree/heracross were okay. heracross was awesome cuz of the eating thing.
gible was okay, kinda imitated turtwig.
muk was plain awesomeness
tauros and snorlax were okay. aipom was always joyful

The ones I always loved the most (other than the water ones) were the ones used less than the others. I always loved Hearacross, Gliscor, Donphan, Snorlax, and Glalie.

The ones I always loved the most (other than the water ones) were the ones used less than the others. I always loved Hearacross, Gliscor, Donphan, Snorlax, and Glalie.

Seconded Heracross & Donphan are my two faves of Ashes. I always wished they were used more in Johto.

Thats why im glad Ash is rotating his team these days

TheSirPeras

The end of an era

my favorites from ash are Butterfree, Pidgeot, Heracross, Glalie, Bulbasaur and Cyndaquil.
1. Glalie
2. Bulbasaur
3. Pidgeot
4. Butterfree
5. Heracross

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
Personally, the unova pokemon that have the most personality are:
-Oshawott
-Scraggy
-Snivy
-Tepig
-Palpitoad
I pray we seem some personality from Tranquil, Swadloon and Boldore soon.

dman_dustin

I'm not saying its personality would change, i'm just saying i don't think it'd come off as cool as a Seismitoad..

I kind of disagree, unless having no arms makes you a badass.

I prefer Seismitoad over Palpitoad for many reasons, but I don't see how it would be less cool than Palpitoad. Sure I guess it would lose it's unusual face (like Tympole had) and became more of a Toad looking animal. But still there are various things they can do to make Seismitoad. If Scraggy doesn't learn it and Palpitoad evolves, there is drain punch. There's also Poison Jab. Plus in maybe a filler episode, Seismitoad could fight like a Sumo Wrestler similar to Snorlax.

But right now, I don't care, I'll care more when we reach Mistralton Gym and none of the starters have evolved yet, nor anyone else.

I kind of disagree, unless having no arms makes you a badass.

I prefer Seismitoad over Palpitoad for many reasons, but I don't see how it would be less cool than Palpitoad. Sure I guess it would lose it's unusual face (like Tympole had) and became more of a Toad looking animal. But still there are various things they can do to make Seismitoad. If Scraggy doesn't learn it and Palpitoad evolves, there is drain punch. There's also Poison Jab. Plus in maybe a filler episode, Seismitoad could fight like a Sumo Wrestler similar to Snorlax.

But right now, I don't care, I'll care more when we reach Mistralton Gym and none of the starters have evolved yet, nor anyone else.

I just find Seismatoad unappealing. I would die (exaggeration) if his Palpitoad evolves. lol! Palpitoad's already strong as is, and if Oshawott evolves fully, then I definitely don't think he will because Ash most likely won't have two fully evolved Water Pokemon.

Chomper4

I just find Seismatoad unappealing. I would die (exaggeration) if his Palpitoad evolves. lol! Palpitoad's already strong as is, and if Oshawott evolves fully, then I definitely don't think he will because Ash most likely won't have two fully evolved Water Pokemon.

Not feeling that Palpitoad will evolve either.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan

Got to agree with dman, Seismitoad is much better then Palpitoad in my opinion, like I've said before I like Palpitoad but Seismitoad is much more of a badass and menacing, he can pull that off a lot better.

Oh and answering other people, cmon guys are going to start the its strong as it is argument again...? just like with Snivy? so pokemons don't get **** because they are strong already? I think Palpitoad will evolve, I think all the reserves will evolve once atleast(all fully imo, Scraggy might be the exception if Axew doesn't evolve either).

I still want every pokemon caught right now to evolve atleast once, I'm fine with future pokemons not evolving but this one I want them, I'm fine with Dewott, Pignite and Servine like I've said before.

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Hey hey hey, Seismitoad is beast lol.

I'll take Seismitoad over Samurott anyday(Sorry not obsessed like most of you guys lol).

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Personally, the unova pokemon that have the most personality are:
-Oshawott
-Scraggy
-Snivy
-Tepig
-Palpitoad
I pray we seem some personality from Tranquil, Swadloon and Boldore soon.

Palpitoad has a personality? The only thing Palpitoad has is 3 wins in a row.xD

Not feeling that Palpitoad will evolve either.

Agreed.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
i wonder if Palpitoad will get a fourth move soon at least.

I'm indifferent about it, while i'd prefer it and Oshawott both evolve to compensate for all previous water pokemon not evolving, bar Squritle and to a lesser extent Corphish, if Palpitoad doesn't evolve i won't complain about it...as long as Oshawott still makes it to the final form even if it's gotta take the Charizard/mamoswine route to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.