• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Next Pokemon Thread V: Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Station [UNOVA ONLY]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chomper4

Really? Only one evolution for the three starters. Huh, well the one I always thought for the starters were:
Samurott-Pignite-Snivy
I also thought Iris would get more pokemon, at least the same amount as Cilan.

Thta happens to be my prediction as you already know, but you are free to talk about it.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Chimchar didn't evolve until "Evolving Strategies" which was after the 7th gym and he still evolved before the league and ended up being Ash's Powerhouse Starter of Sinnoh.

The big difference though: There was a year of development going on between the seventh gym, and the eight gym in Sinnoh. Seeing how we would've had 5 gyms in one year if it weren't for reschedualing of some of the episodes. I don't see there being such a thing happening for Ash in Unova, there's simply no way they're going to stretch a gap that long..

There are a quite a few moments in which pokemon can evolve, they are:

- Driftveil Gym Battle: Confirmed Boldore
- In between Driftveil and Mistralton: Leavanny
- Mistralton Gym Battle: Unfezant
[]^ Two in twenty odd episodes, counting starts from Boldore?
- Mistralton City:
- In between Mistralton and Icirrus: Gigalith
- Icirrus City (including Dragonspiral Tower): Dewott
- Icirrus Gym Battle: Pignite
[]^ Three evolutions in thirty something episodes?
- In between Icirrus and Opelucid: Scrafty
[]^ One in 10'ish episodes?
- Opelucid Gym Battle:
- Opelucid City:
- In between Opelucid and League: Samurott
[]^ One in fifteen episodes?
- League:
- Post-League Filler:

Though this might seem like a lot, we could expect to see this rundown being dun to the league in little over 50/60 episodes. If we want:
- Unfezant
- Samurott
- Pignite
- Servine
- Scrafty
- Leavanny
- Seismitoad
- Gigalith

Then that's NINE evolutions.. That's an evolution almost every fifth episode, which is NEVER going to happen.. And then we're also forgetting about Iris as well, which might add two evolutions if Axew is to fully evolve.. Considering we're supposed to be expecting Unfezant, Leavanny, and Gigalith from Ash, how much else should we expect?

If we expect the following, with Samurott happening after Opelucid City:
- Unfezant
- Samurott
- Pignite
- Snivy
- Scrafty
- Leavanny
- Palpitoad
- Gigalith

If we expect this, then there would be 6 evolutions in 50/60 episodes, which is doable. One in about ten episodes is reasonable.

And yes, I think it's only around 75 episodes until the league, and that is a broad estimate..

Ash by the time he reaches Opelucid City:
- Pikachu, Unfezant, Dewott, Pignite, Snivy, Scrafty, Leavanny, Palpitoad, Gigalith.

Thta happens to be my prediction as you already know, but you are free to talk about it.

I don't think you're far off, well, aside from Sigilyph that is.. I see it having zero chances of joining Ash's team.. As we already have a team member that barely looks like anything animate: Boldore.

Chomper4

The big difference though: There was a year of development going on between the seventh gym, and the eight gym in Sinnoh. Seeing how we would've had 5 gyms in one year if it weren't for reschedualing of some of the episodes. I don't see there being such a thing happening for Ash in Unova, there's simply no way they're going to stretch a gap that long..

There are a quite a few moments in which pokemon can evolve, they are:

- Driftveil Gym Battle: Confirmed Boldore
- In between Driftveil and Mistralton: Leavanny
- Mistralton Gym Battle: Unfezant
[]^ Two in twenty odd episodes, counting starts from Boldore?
- Mistralton City:
- In between Mistralton and Icirrus: Gigalith
- Icirrus City (including Dragonspiral Tower): Dewott
- Icirrus Gym Battle: Pignite
[]^ Three evolutions in thirty something episodes?
- In between Icirrus and Opelucid: Scrafty
[]^ One in 10'ish episodes?
- Opelucid Gym Battle:
- Opelucid City:
- In between Opelucid and League: Samurott
[]^ One in fifteen episodes?
- League:
- Post-League Filler:

Though this might seem like a lot, we could expect to see this rundown being dun to the league in little over 50/60 episodes. If we want:
- Unfezant
- Samurott
- Pignite
- Servine
- Scrafty
- Leavanny
- Seismitoad
- Gigalith

Then that's NINE evolutions.. That's an evolution almost every fifth episode, which is NEVER going to happen.. And then we're also forgetting about Iris as well, which might add two evolutions if Axew is to fully evolve.. Considering we're supposed to be expecting Unfezant, Leavanny, and Gigalith from Ash, how much else should we expect?

If we expect the following, with Samurott happening after Opelucid City:
- Unfezant
- Samurott
- Pignite
- Snivy
- Scrafty
- Leavanny
- Palpitoad
- Gigalith

If we expect this, then there would be 6 evolutions in 50/60 episodes, which is doable. One in about ten episodes is reasonable.

And yes, I think it's only around 75 episodes until the league, and that is a broad estimate..

Ash by the time he reaches Opelucid City:
- Pikachu, Unfezant, Dewott, Pignite, Snivy, Scrafty, Leavanny, Palpitoad, Gigalith.

I don't think you're far off, well, aside from Sigilyph that is.. I see it having zero chances of joining Ash's team.. As we already have a team member that barely looks like anything animate: Boldore.

And your thoughts on Krokorok, Zweilous, Elgyem, and Klang for Ash, Iris, and Cilan?

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Heres my full gang prediction:

Ash:pikachu Unfezant Oshawott Pignite Snivy Scraggy Leavanny Palpitoad Gigaloth Krokorok Sigilyph
Iris:Haxorus Excadrill Emolga Zweilous
Cilan: Pansage Crustle Stunfisk Elgyem Klang

And your thoughts on Krokorok, Zweilous, Elgyem, and Klang for Ash, Iris, and Cilan?

As I said, I expect 75 episodes to be the most we have left until the league, whatever happens afterwards (filler saga?) is fair game, so until the league, 8 evolutions, for me, would be the max. Krokorok can be caught late, as I still see it somewhat possible that the writers intented for it to 'grow up' as a wild pokemon as to not clutter Ash's already crowded team.

I count nine evolutions (not counting Sandile > Krokorok, but counting Klink > Klang).. and five captures, which means fourteen team building episodes in what I could only see as 75 episodes left. That's one every five episodes, which is simply too much for me. Unless you'd go on record and say that Cilan and Iris catch Klang and Zweilous as they are, reducing it to twelve team building episodes, which would still be a lot.

But, if you'd go on record to say that these are your post league predictions, or end of series predictions, then I'd say that most are possible, except for Sigilyph, silly you..

Chomper4

As I said, I expect 75 episodes to be the most we have left until the league, whatever happens afterwards (filler saga?) is fair game, so until the league, 8 evolutions, for me, would be the max. Krokorok can be caught late, as I still see it somewhat possible that the writers intented for it to 'grow up' as a wild pokemon as to not clutter Ash's already crowded team.

I count nine evolutions (not counting Sandile > Krokorok, but counting Klink > Klang).. and five captures, which means fourteen team building episodes in what I could only see as 75 episodes left. That's one every five episodes, which is simply too much for me. Unless you'd go on record and say that Cilan and Iris catch Klang and Zweilous as they are, reducing it to twelve team building episodes, which would still be a lot.

But, if you'd go on record to say that these are your post league predictions, or end of series predictions, then I'd say that most are possible, except for Sigilyph, silly you..

And I also think the Krokorok Ash might catch is the sunglasses one.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
And I also think the Krokorok Ash might catch is the sunglasses one.

...I think that's what he was getting at by the whole "growing up as a wild Pokemon" thing...

KKS-Lapras

Based on what you guys have been predicting in the past few posts, there's something you're leaving out as a possibility. There could be multiple evolutions in the just one episode.

Plus with Chargestone Cave and the Ice Mountain coming up, that could add to the stretch between episodes.

Last edited:

I've seen this picture on here quite a bit and I really wonder why Gothita is with Iris, Emolga, and Axew. I always liked the idea of Iris with Gothita, but i'm fairly certain her time to catch one has come and gone. I could see it being a late capture, but if not, I don't see it happening at all. As for Chandelure, why it's with Fennel and Juniper, I have no clue. I liked the idea of Ash with it, but now that I think about it more, Trip has a Lampent and it will surely evolve soon and if not, by the league. They already share the Snivy and Pidove lines. I don't think the writers will have them share anymore. I would like to see an episode, though, that had Chandelure under the ownership of either Juniper or Fennel, or it be wild and Fennel and Juniper show up for some reason.

dman_dustin

The longest gap between gyms so far is Burgh and Elesa and let's look at a run down of what happened.

- We got 1 capture from Iris and 2 captures from Ash
- We got a tournament arc with our rivals
- We got a Meowth "filler" arc
- We got some development for some of the Pokemon (Axew, Scraggy, Oshawott, Tepig(?)
- We got at least one hour special of a two parter
- A whole crap load of debuts

The only thing that we didn't get was an evolution (though since Pidove and Sewaddle evolved before the gap started) one can easily see why nothing evolved, since the starters are probably never going to evolve before the 4th gym. And nothing else would've made sense to evolve (except maybe Axew)

What did we get between Elesa and Clay? Well episode to episode, we didn't get anything except a two parter, if we include said episodes, we get 2 badges and an evolution.

Although I guess the Chili episode counts as development for Pansage since it is learning Rock Tomb.

So what should we get between Clay and Skyla? I think at least 2 evolutions (of Ash's) and maybe a capture for both Cilan and Iris, I also think that it probably won't be until March or April that we'll see Ash battling Skyla.

Hopefully Axew can evolve between Clay and Skyla, but since it's the only one who can evolve on her team, who knows.

Assuming Team Rocket's Pokemon don't evolve in the Kami Trio, then I would assume we'd also see their Pokemon evolved, in the last Team Rocket episode prior to Skyla (just a prediction; though who knows it might be until after Skyla).

I say 2 Pokemon of Ash's should evolve, because Ash is really the only person who can evolve Pokemon at this moment. Cilan has Pansage and Dwebble, but from what I see in the predictions, no one's expecting them to evolve, and since they only evolve once, they could probably afford to wait a little longer.

Iris only has one Pokemon but it can evolve twice unlike Cilan's Pansage and Dwebble, so it could evolve before Skyla, but since again it is her only Pokemon, and if they don't care about Fraxure too much, they could just quickly evolve Fraxure and keep it an Axew for the moment.

So which 2 Pokemon should evolve between Clay and Skyla for Ash? Swadloon is a forerunner, I would be surprised if anyone (except a starter) evolved before it. Even Tranquill which hasn't done anything of real value since the Archen episode.

The 2nd one should be Tranquill (after Swadloon), and hopefully we'll get a nice tournament between Clay and Skyla where Ash will really use his Tranquill in.

If a starter evolves (as well) or in place of Swadloon or Tranquill, then I'll accept that just fine.

From Skyla and Brycen (which I think will air after the movie), I kind of expect 3 evolutions (from Ash), all the starters or if a starter already evolved in place of Swadloon or Tranquill prior to Skyla then either one will evolve as the 1 of 3 evolutions I picture.

I also expect either Cilan or Iris to get a new Pokemon either by capture (if they didn't catch anything between Clay and Skyla) or by evolution. I'd place imaginary bets of imaginary money with Dwebble over Pansage but I'd be pleasantly surprised if it was Pansage. This is also the time I expect Axew to evolve (most likely to save Iris from some bad event).

I kind of also expect Ash to get his final Unova Pokemon during this gap, if not the between Brycen and Drayden.

Between Brycen to Drayden. I sort of expect this gap to take the longest, and from August of 2012 (Brycen's gym), I don't see Drayden happening until February or March of 2013.

In this gap, I would see, Palpitoad (if it will), and Boldore evolving (granted Boldore could evolve earlier which is fine, but if Boldore does evolve before Brycen or even before Skyla, anything that didn't at the time of my prediction will be shifted forward, so Tranquill would assuredly evolve before Brycen, and a starter would assuredly evolve for the first time before Drayden). And finally any starter that evolved before Brycen will evolve again, giving Ash a final evolved starter by Drayden.

Between Drayden and League:

If Scraggy evolves, it will be now, but first it will be Iris's Fraxure evolving into Haxorus.

And Ash will also fully evolve another of his starters.

So if my predictions are right:

[spoil]
By Skyla the Main Group's Pokemon will probably be:

Ash:
Pikachu
Unfezant
Oshawott
Tepig
Snivy
Scraggy
Leavanny
Palpitoad
Boldore

Iris:

Axew or Fraxure
Excadrill
Emolga
Maybe a new capture

Cilan:

Pansage
Dwebble
Stunfisk
Maybe a new capture
----

By the time the gang reaches Brycen:

Ash:
Pikachu
Unfezant
Dewott
Pignite
Servine
Scraggy
Leavanny
Palpitoad
Boldore

Iris:

Fraxure
Excadrill
Emolga
??? Pokemon

Cilan:

Pansage or Simisage
Dwebble or Crustle
Stunfisk
??? Pokemon

When we reach Drayden:

Ash:

Pikachu
Unfezant
Samurott
Pignite
Servine
Scraggy
Leavanny
Palpitoad
Gigalith
??? Pokemon

Iris:

Fraxure
Excadrill
Emolga
??? Pokemon

Cilan:

Pansage or Simisage
Crustle
Stunfisk
??? Pokemon

Before we get any surprise league evolutions (the equivalent of around the Buck episode):

Ash:

Pikachu
Unfezant
Samurott
Pignite
Serperior
Scraggy or Scrafty
Leavanny
Palpitoad or Seismitoad
Gigalith
??? Pokemon

Iris:

Haxorus
Excadrill
Emolga
??? Pokemon or ??? Pokemon's evolution

Cilan:

Pansage or Simisage
Crustle
Stunfisk
??? Pokemon or ??? Pokemon's evolution
[/spoil]

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.

I haven't....

Hmmmm it has the Best Wishes logo, so Pignite "could" be Ash's. But I also don't think Samurott is Ash's since I think its way too early, if it was a Dewott, I could believe it. Sandile & Munna were always in merchandise, well its Krokorok & Munna now but still, having them in merch for this long still makes me believe they won't be caught. Thanks for the picture though, the Pignite could still be Ash's though.:)

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever

dman_dustin

I haven't....

Hmmmm it has the Best Wishes logo, so Pignite "could" be Ash's. But I also don't think Samurott is Ash's since I think its way too early, if it was a Dewott, I could believe it. Sandile & Munna were always in merchandise, well its Krokorok & Munna now but still, having them in merch for this long still makes me believe they won't be caught. Thanks for the picture though, the Pignite could still be Ash's though.:)

Since middle starters tend to get screwed over, and this might happen before the movie, it MIGHT be possible.

Oshawott would have to evolve in January and that would leave about 15-20 episodes as a Dewott. Not likeable by no means impossible. Especially if they reach the 8th gym near the time the movie comes out.

I do find it curious that the Snivy line isn't on there though.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
If munna is caught so help me I hope they have it do to someone what Black's does to him in the manga...sucks thier brain dry.

then again that could just be me in abit of rage from seeing that stupid krok again, i hope scraggy fights you in clay's gym and kicks you through the roof!

KKS-Lapras

I really hope Ash does catch Krokorok at some point, it just fits him.

Iris -

:612: The little guy dreams of evolving to let it. I can see it evolving once near the 8th gym and again not long before Iris leaves the group. Possible moves include Dragonpulse, Incinerate, Focus Blast (i can see iris teaching it a fire or fighting type move to help against Ice types), Draco Meteor (taught to it around time ash is training for 8th gym)

:530: Fully evolved so not much happening there. Can see it learning a powerful new move like giga impact

:587: Again cant do anything evolution wise but could learn a new move like Acrobatics

Iris should catch another dragontype pokemon due to her wanting to be a dragon type trainer and maybe a 3rd generation starter if any remakes come out (which i personally think is doubtfull but ya never know)

Cilin -

:512: Can see this evolving alongside Pansear and Panpour as part of an aggrement between the brothers.

:558: I picture this as a late evolution sometime near the league.

:618: Cant evolve but may learn some new moves.

Like Iris i can see Cilan with another pokemon or two. But unlike Iris i wouldnt mind if he just stuck with the three he had

Gazdust

Yeah just like how Pansage, Dwebble, & Stunfisk help with cooking. Cilan catching a Fire-type just for helping him with cooking is a stupid idea & I think 90% of the users here would agree.

I didn't mean that I want it to be caught to only help Cilan cooking but could be a powerhouse also it could help Tepig learn a move like Flamethrower or something else, just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.