• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Next Pokemon Thread V: Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Station [UNOVA ONLY]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gritree

Lieutenant
I see:

Cilan-
1st-pansage, as i don't see it evolving at least till the 8th gym
2nd-Crustle, i see this evolution near the 6th gym
3rd-stunfisk, of course nothing much
4th-durant or heatmor, the other will be owned by iris, at least i hope
5th-basculin, i see cilan seeing his basculan again and capturing it again, if he dosent, then a purrloin to show him getting over his fear of them
6th-if a 6th pokemon is captured by cilan, i hope its a archen, the reason for this is (?)

James-
1st-cofagrigus, probably at the end of the show, otherwise it will stay as a yamask
2nd-reuniclus, captured as a solosis probably, after it was abandoned by its old trainer, evolves into its final form in a battle against that trainer
3rd-tirtouga, captured at the same time as cilan's archen, this causes a huge rivalry between the pokemon, they always battle eachother in double battles even if ordered to attack a different pokemon, and evolve into there final forms and settle there differences defending there trainers together.
4th-ferrothorn, to carry on the tradition of a grass type pokemon that attacks james, plus the way he captures it is by trying to protect it from team plasma
5th-elgyem, sences a sweet boy inside and befriends him, though isn't offically captured till a couple of episodes later

iris-
1st-Axew, although it aspires to be a haxorus, it dosent evolve, and helps iris prove that even though she didn't reach the goal of evolving it she still helped it become strong as it could be
2nd-excadrill, nothing much
3rd-emolga, same
4th-durant or heatmor, opposite to cilan
5th-vanillite, captured to overcome her fear of ice-types
6th-while not a pokemon, i really wish for WISHFUL SHIPPING, signified by them capturing to pokemon which often fued but they help them make peace, showing how they work well together (hint, hint)

Ash-
1st-pikachu, now while we know he won't evolve, if he was too evolve, i think it would be before there battle for champion, in which they win, thanks to his new powers
2nd-oshawott, can't explain why
3rd-serpirior, evolves to help ash in the battle against team plasma
4th-emboar, same as snivy
5th-unfezant, will evolve while in a gym or protecting him, at least showing how it cares enough for ash as to use it strength to help him any way she can
6th-scraggy, can't see it as a scrafty unless axew evolves as well.
7th-seismitoad, don't know why
8th-leavenny, same
9th-boldore, unless he trades with trip briefly.

Jessie-
1st-swoobat, while battling team plasma
2nd-munna, she probably will capture it for murshana for the dream mist, but grows attached to it
3rd-lilligant, as she will find it a cute, elegant pokemon to have by her side
4th-probably not.

Proffesser zegar-
1st-sigilyph, because he is an odd man
2nd-klinklang, as a klink, was his child-hood friend

Pierce-
1st-bisharp, used to fight against team plasma
2nd-braviary, used as a mode of transprt and scouting pokemon
3rd-throh, strength used for building the equipment(vehciles) used by team rocket in unova

Team Rocket grunts who fight team plasma-
Ekans, Koffing, Beedrill, timburr and patrat (though all in great numbers)

Team plasma grunts-
Trubbish, lillipup, liepard, boldore, darumaka and ducklett (all in great numbers) (ducklett by one trainer who battles ash in a triple battle, the three ducklett the ones that caused trouble in the previous episodes)

I also hope max appears with-
1st-Gallade, evolved from his ralts
2nd-wooper, not sure
3rd-deerling, needs a unova basic pokemon
and i hope he and ash battle as they promised they would

Brock should appear too to help ash out with training maybe, and he captures a foongus perhaps, to help him with the spores they can use for his doctoring.

TheSirPeras

The end of an era

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Kiba was being sarcastic since people haven't quit predicting teams with Hoenn pokemons.

..and?

I'm among the people who think Hoenn Pokemon will make it back onto the main cast. So since that is my belief, they will be involved my speculation. If people don't like it, then that's their problem.. doesn't mean myself or anyone else should remove them from their speculation.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
..and?

I'm among the people who think Hoenn Pokemon will make it back onto the main cast. So since that is my belief, they will be involved my speculation. If people don't like it, then that's their problem.. doesn't mean myself or anyone else should remove them from their speculation.

And what? you didnt understand he was being sarcastic according to your post.

While he is being sarcastic once again, believe in that or not, till its confirmed we shouldn't be speculating on that, people should speculate on the current arc, aka till the Isshu league.

Haunter ゴースト

till its confirmed we shouldn't be speculating on that, people should speculate on the current arc, aka till the Isshu league.

I suppose this is understandable, but no confirmation is needed to guess that possible R/S/E remakes will spark off Hoenn Pokemon returning at somepoint in Unova.

I personally think it's acceptable to have Hoenn Pokemon in the speculation at this point, if somebody added a bunch of Kanto/Johto Pokemon on the other hand, i'd probably go crazy unless they had a decent reason, which I doubt.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Well I'm actually fine with Johto, Kanto, wtv pokemons aslong as they are captured pokemons not new captures, by that I mean I can see old pokemons from every region being used in a filler arc like they were used in the last league.

What if there isn't a remake and people are speculating for nothing? what if it works like last time and even if there is a filler arc, nothing will get captured but rather old pokemon gets brought back and evolve/learn new moves.

Again I think people should comment on the curent arc and that is all, after we are close to the league and we get confirmation for Hoenn remakes sure.

Not that I care about that anymore, was just explaining Kiba point.

Haunter ゴースト

Fairplay I suppose, and yes in all honesty I can see any Pokemon returning for a filler arc, I just mean that by previous saga similarities, it seems quite likely that remakes will be made, which would be more sensible for Hoenn Pokemon to be showcased more rather than other regional Pokemon.

But eh, i'll wait despite how much im anticipating R/S/E remakes...

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
And what? you didnt understand he was being sarcastic according to your post.

While he is being sarcastic once again, believe in that or not, till its confirmed we shouldn't be speculating on that, people should speculate on the current arc, aka till the Isshu league.

At least one person gets my sarcasm.... & agreed.

..and?

You honestly think Hoenn Pokemon will return during the Unova Saga? I think they will return after the Unova League. And as of right now, everything seems to be pointing in my favor since only Unova Pokemon are appearing. We are halfway through the saga & we have only seen Pikachu & Meowth in the Unova Region... And I don't think they will even go to Eastern Unova for a Filler Arc, since even if they do go there, there still won't be older Pokemon there. It was already said that Pokemon from other regions cannot be found in Unova. If they go to some other region that features them or they go Hoenn, then fine but trust me, I am 100% certain that we won't see older Pokemon in the flesh in Unova until after that saga is over.

I suppose this is understandable, but no confirmation is needed to guess that possible R/S/E remakes will spark off Hoenn Pokemon returning at somepoint in Unova.

I personally think it's acceptable to have Hoenn Pokemon in the speculation at this point, if somebody added a bunch of Kanto/Johto Pokemon on the other hand, i'd probably go crazy unless they had a decent reason, which I doubt.

Confirmation is needed. I'm waiting until they are confirmed, so I don't constantly post the same teams with minor tweaks in them like most of you guys do. At least when its confirmed, I'll have some solid back-up, instead of being "Oh, -This Gen III Pokemon-, just fits him cuz of possible Hoenn-remakes". Well I've always had solid back-up in my predictions since at least they were within Pokemon native to the region, unlike older Pokemon since they live like thousands of miles away.

The thick-heads of some people here is really bugging me. How can you expect older Pokemon to suddenly appear just because of some remakes that aren't even confirmed. It will feel out of place for Hoenn Pokemon to suddenly appear just for the sake of speculating their possible capture.

I honestly want to see an moderator's opinion on this.

Grey Wind

I don't see the problem with speculating Hoenn Pokemon. So what if it isn't confirmed that there are going to be remakes? That's the point of this entire section- speculation.

I understand your point that old Pokemon don't appear in Unova, but it doesn't necessarily have to be in Unova. It could be a post-league arc- that's still part of Best Wishes. Plus, an egg could easily be given by a foreigner or something like that. There are ways around the 'only Unova Pokemon' thing. It doesn't matter if someone chooses to speculate that Ash/Iris/Cilan is going to catch a Pokemon. It's just their speculation. Sure, some speculation is ridiculous, but this isn't entirely unprecedented.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
I don't see the problem with speculating Hoenn Pokemon. So what if it isn't confirmed that there are going to be remakes? That's the point of this entire section- speculation.

I understand your point that old Pokemon don't appear in Unova, but it doesn't necessarily have to be in Unova. It could be a post-league arc- that's still part of Best Wishes. Plus, an egg could easily be given by a foreigner or something like that. There are ways around the 'only Unova Pokemon' thing. It doesn't matter if someone chooses to speculate that Ash/Iris/Cilan is going to catch a Pokemon. It's just their speculation. Sure, some speculation is ridiculous, but this isn't entirely unprecedented.

You've proved my point. I said I was fine with Hoenn/Older Pokemon Appearing after the Unova Saga, which would be after the Unova League. Look at the first post:

You can speculate what Pokemon they're going to catch, release, or give away, and what their teams will be by the end of Unova.

This means that team speculation must be what they will have by the end of Unova, not Best Wishes, Unova. Like I said, I am fine with anything post-Unova, but right now we're in Unova. I understand if they expected it to happen post-Unova but this thread covers anything until the end of Unova. It's kind of odd to even consider older Pokemon appearing in the flesh in Unova considering the circumstances.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
If munna is caught so help me I hope they have it do to someone what Black's does to him in the manga...sucks thier brain dry.

then again that could just be me in abit of rage from seeing that stupid krok again, i hope scraggy fights you in clay's gym and kicks you through the roof!

Lol what's with the croc hatred???

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
I shall put this in the most subtle way I can I WANT ASH TO CAPTURE A STINKING LEGENDARY I DON'T CARE WHAT AS LONG AS HE CATCHES ONE!!!!! nothing major I think the musketeer trio plus keldeo would be interesting catches. I can easily see some old guy telling him about the legend of the trio and then one by one capturing them to show them not all humans are bad. I don't know why but I can see keldeo being the most naive of that group and the most trusting.
and all of his pokemon evolving:)
everyone else I don't care about to come up anything yet.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Sure, some speculation is ridiculous, but this isn't entirely unprecedented.

*Remembers Zorua speculation* Sis, I hope you're not calling me out. :(

But speaking of Krokorok: I wonder how it would fit in Ash's team. I've always been against Ash capturing it since he already has a Ground-type Pokemon, but I've started to think about its personality and how it can be very competitive (especially against Pikachu). If Ash does capture it, then I think its rivalry with Pikachu might actually increase. We've already seen something similar at the start of this saga between Pikachu and Oshawott, but Krokorok's dislike of Pikachu might actually prove to be more entertaining.

Ash:

Pikachu
Unfezant
Dewott/Samurott
Tepig
Snivy
Scraggy
Leavanny
Gigalith
Palpitoad
--------------

Iris:

Axew
Emolga
Excadrill
Mienshao
Rufflet
Kingdra (Gets as an egg/catches Horsea at the beginning of the possible filler saga. It becomes her focus throughout and evolves twice.)
-----------------

Cilan:

Pansage
Dwebble
Stunfisk
Lillipup/Herdier
Marshtomp (Gets as an egg and then evolves)
--------------------

Jessie-

Swoobat
Petilil/Lilligant
------------------

James-

Yamask
Cottonee/Whimsicott
Cacnea (Gets from Gardenia. This will never happen, I know. Hopeful thinking...)

james11797

I see:

I also hope max appears with-
1st-Gallade, evolved from his ralts
2nd-wooper, not sure
3rd-deerling, needs a unova basic pokemon
and i hope he and ash battle as they promised they would

I like the way you think max but i don't see that happening till ash finally grows up and becomes 11 or some thing but just a few minor changes
Max-
1st- Gallade- I like this yes goes there before even going to professors burch
2nd- Treeko- seemed kinda fascinated with ash's so why not
3rd- Salamence- a good dragon for him
4th- Panpour- idk a random water pokemon
5th- a baby pokemon

Now some more familiar faces
Ash-
Pikachu- done
Unfezant- i am so tired of the writers not giving this bird some air time, oh and regional bird
Samurott- Ash needs a fully evolved water type
Pignite- seems like a good fit
Serperior- now i know what you are thinking but i can see it happening but if no evolution snivy all the way
Scrafty- just can't see it staying a scraggy until the league
Leavanny-friendship enough said
Palpitoad- love this pokemon man no evolution no evolution
Gigalith- now i don't care how he get's it just get it

Iris-
Haxorus- axew wants to be a haxorus let him
Excadrill- done
Emolga- done
Hydreigon- maybe a gift or something
Druddigon- she seemed to conect with that one girl's druddigon

Cilan-
Pansage- just a good fit no evolution
Crustle- dweeble needs to evolve
Stunfisk- done

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Lol what's with the croc hatred???

It's not so much hatred, more so irratation of the one with sunglasses as Ash had his chances to get the thing, he didn't take any of them and we haven't seen the thing in like what 40 episodes? Yet I don't understand why people want him to get it still.

If he had captured it as a sandile i'd be more inclined to accept it, but since it evolved and were getting past clay, i'm gonna go with no since i'd rather his last three gym battles not be cheapened by someone Ash didn't train himself like the togekiss situation with Dawn.

Chomper4

I think the krokorok in the latest merchandise that I saw hints the sunglasses krokorok

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
I shall put this in the most subtle way I can I WANT ASH TO CAPTURE A STINKING LEGENDARY I DON'T CARE WHAT AS LONG AS HE CATCHES ONE!!!!!

I shall also put this in the most subtle way I can...

ASH IS NOT NOW NOR WILL HE EVER BE GETTING A LEGENDARY!!! ANYONE WHO THINKS HE WILL IS A FOOLISH CHILD THAT WAS NEVER PROPERLY EDUCATED IN THE ART OF LOGIC AND COMMON SENSE!!!

Also, I've given a little more thought to the idea of Ash getting a second Electric-type. For example, Ash hears of a Pokemon that has no weakness (Eelektrik/Eelektross) and decides he wants to capture it, which he does. However, when he introduces it to the other Pokemon, it starts attacking them with Charge Beam, Acrobatics, Spark, whatever, and Ash realizes it's too wild for him to control. Once League time rolls around, Ash realizes Eelektross could be his ace in the hole if he could get it to obey, so he has Juniper get in contact with Fennel to see into its dreams with Musharna. Ash sees Eelektross as a Tynamo being mistreated after a loss to a Golett or any other Ground-type. Seeing this, Ash spends the night with Eelektross to show it can trust him. This does not sit well with Eelektross, and so it attacks him, but Ash is not deterred, causing it to reconsider its stance on being a trained Pokemon and give Ash an honest try. Eventually, it loses the semifinal round for Ash, but he only praises it for trying its best, bringing a sort of closure to that story arc.

Wow, sorry for the fanficcy post, but my point is, as long as it's portrayed as an ace in the hole/last resort Pokemon, Ash could get another Electric-type. Of course, the odds are about thrice that of a shiny Pokemon in-game, so I'm not holding my breath.

But speaking of Krokorok: I wonder how it would fit in Ash's team. I've always been against Ash capturing it since he already has a Ground-type Pokemon, but I've started to think about its personality and how it can be very competitive (especially against Pikachu). If Ash does capture it, then I think its rivalry with Pikachu might actually increase. We've already seen something similar at the start of this saga between Pikachu and Oshawott, but Krokorok's dislike of Pikachu might actually prove to be more entertaining.

Odd, I don't recall Krokorok ever showing signs of dislike towards Pikachu.

Last edited:

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Actually KibaLG8, they only specified that Pokemon originating from other regions are 'rare' in Unova, not that they can't be found at all.. For all we know, the East of Unova could be the only recorded habitat of other Pokemon in the anime, which would still make them rare in the whole Unova region.

Juputoru's original post said we could discuss Pokemon captures/evolutions in Unova.. and last time I checked, 'Eastern Unova' is a part of the Unova region. So if we choose to believe until further notice, that older Pokemon will pop up in Eastern Unova, then we are well within our rights to predict main cast positions for them.

I'm not here saying it will happen because of a remake, i just think it will happen before the gang leave Unova, regardless of any Gamefreak creations..

Status
Not open for further replies.