• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Next Pokemon Thread V: Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Station [UNOVA ONLY]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snorby

Snorby
I'm pretty sure that the "Oshawott project" episode is supposed to air this Sunday. However, I can't seem to find it on the Pocket Monsters site anymore, which is the site that had the upcoming Pokemon Smash episode title on it. I wonder if it was just a rumor; for the sake of this thread, I really hope it was.

Edit: Nevermind, I found it. It seems the Oshawott project was an Oshawott car.

[IMG139]http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z401/artsofluc/13393674310025t.jpg[/IMG139]

So it really was a gimmick. But it seems that Oshawott is still incredibly marketable.~

That is a kick-*** car. Also, while Oshawott was also very marketable, our friend Chimchar was too.

dman_dustin

The way I see it, the writers made Cilan mention that Snivy left it's original trainer purely to portray that a trait Snivy's (in general) hold is run away from their trainer's if they arn't worthy enough. The whole point was to show that Ash was a worthy trainer to her by the end of the episode.

I have to agree with this.

People seem to be hinged on the entirety of Cilan's word as absolute truth. When really it was probably just the Snivy species in general not necessarily Ash's Snivy.

I still say even if Snivy "abandoned" her trainer, since we don't know the details, I don't think we can say for certain that any storyline involving Snivy "abandoning" Ash could ever happen, and have it make sense.

As Pepsi said, we aren't going to get an episode about Snivy's trainer, at least come up with something more creative.

The car was shown on Pokemon Smash #88, which was the "Oshawott project" episode. Nothing else was mentioned as far as I can tell, so I don't see what else the project could be.

Unless the Oshawott project was mentioned in #88 as an upcoming "event".

But I guess the car classifies as an....Oshawott project.

A million dollars says that if I were to drive that car in the US, I would get insulted and by insulted, I mean INSULTED.

Edit
Oh yeah transformers x Pokemon crossover confirmed

Last edited:

Dax

Legend
That car is ****ing awful but it speaks about how popular Oshawott is. I think his popularity won't allow him to evolve. He's clearly a money machine. I hope he gets a plane and an island next.

DMerle

Guess who's back
People seem to be hinged on the entirety of Cilan's word as absolute truth. When really it was probably just the Snivy species in general not necessarily Ash's Snivy.

I still say even if Snivy "abandoned" her trainer, since we don't know the details, I don't think we can say for certain that any storyline involving Snivy "abandoning" Ash could ever happen, and have it make sense.

As Pepsi said, we aren't going to get an episode about Snivy's trainer, at least come up with something more creative.

This is what i've thought all along, also most people only started "thinking" of this theory around the time of the VS Suwama episode when the exact same thing happened to Tepig. Such creativity eh.

Unless the Oshawott project was mentioned in #88 as an upcoming "event".

But I guess the car classifies as an....Oshawott project.

There's a chance it could be something else, so we can be hopefully optimistic.

A million dollars says that if I were to drive that car in the US, I would get insulted.

And Killed.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
That is a kick-*** car. Also, while Oshawott was also very marketable, our friend Chimchar was too.

I know he was. But did Chimchar have a car modeled after him? ;)

As for the Oshawott project: I don't know what to say. It seems silly for Pokemon Smash #88 to have "Mijumaru project" in its title, only for the hosts to mention the "upcoming project" in passing. It's like making an announcement about an announcement. As I understand it, the Oshawott car was built because Smash's Oshawott was sad due to him being excluded from the Movie 15 promotion. It was essentially a project to make Oshawott feel included since the car will be promoting the movie (and Smash). If there's something more to this, I'm sure someone would have posted it by now; PS episode #88 aired a day or so ago, after all.

Lorde

That car is ****ing awful but it speaks about how popular Oshawott is. I think his popularity won't allow him to evolve. He's clearly a money machine. I hope he gets a plane and an island next.

Stay pressed all your life, hon.

I read something about new Pokemon merchandise being revealed (something about a Fraxure toy); does anyone have an image of that?

Zariful

Next Capture Ash - Onix
Scenario: ash and co go through that onix cave thing. Ash takes note of the power they have and near the end challenges the leader. Oshawott volunteers to show Piplup up. through some struggling Oshawott wins and ash catches Onix

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I wonder if this disastrous erm "incredible" marketing technique is enough to make people realise that they won't evolve the little guy.. he's just TOO marketable and popular, like Piplup was..

Snivy and Pignite, on the other hand.. I can see them going places..

MrLuigi1046

All Hail Lord Goomy!
I wonder if this disastrous erm "incredible" marketing technique is enough to make people realise that they won't evolve the little guy.. he's just TOO marketable and popular, like Piplup was..

well IMHO what i think this is for is to give oshawott the final push before it evolves in to dewott and maybe to samurott

I'm older than 10 and I think the car is pretty dang cool. I wouldn't drive it around town and stuff, but I would like to have it. Like a collectible or whatever.

PrinceGray

Anti-Hero of Serebii

Nope! I still see him evolving.

Lorde

Oshawott volunteers to show Piplup up. through some struggling Oshawott wins and ash catches Onix

But why add more wood to the fire?

You make it sound like it's a bad thing when it isn't. If people can tolerate Pikachu - who has been in the main cast for more than a decade for the very same reason - they should be able to tolerate everything else. I think the fanbase has become incredibly whiny lately; it's as if the writers can't please anyone these days.

Still waiting for the images of the new Pokemon toys.

jrizza88

Meteorite
But why add more wood to the fire?

You make it sound like it's a bad thing when it isn't. If people can tolerate Pikachu - who has been in the main cast for more than a decade for the very same reason - they should be able to tolerate everything else. I think the fanbase has become incredibly whiny lately; it's as if the writers can't please anyone these days.

Still waiting for the images of the new Pokemon toys.

So true! I feel like everyone is criticizing every little thing lately, and it is very annoying. The fact that people are so quick to attack people with different thoughts and ideas is just sad to see.

DMerle

Guess who's back

People are always gonna be critics, it doesn't mean we're not thankful. I mean i'd say this sub-section of the forum is like 50% news and discussion of it and 50% new ideas/improvements.

Grei

not the color
The only thing that car promotes is gay pride.

Well, that was rude. :/ I'm tempted to report this homophobic post, but I may not.

Next Capture Ash - Onix
Scenario: ash and co go through that onix cave thing. Ash takes note of the power they have and near the end challenges the leader. Oshawott volunteers to show Piplup up. through some struggling Oshawott wins and ash catches Onix

Please no. I'd rather not see Ash get Onix. Not only would it be an incredibly weird Pokemon for him to have, it would also be entirely redundant. At least with Krokorok we got an interesting creature with various possibilities for bringing something new to the team. Ash already owns a rock, he doesn't need another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.