• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Next Pokemon Thread V: Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Station [UNOVA ONLY]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Well, that was rude. :/ I'm tempted to report this homophobic post, but I may not.

Please no. I'd rather not see Ash get Onix. Not only would it be an incredibly weird Pokemon for him to have, it would also be entirely redundant. At least with Krokorok we got an interesting creature with various possibilities for bringing something new to the team. Ash already owns a rock, he doesn't need another one.

I agree, then people would start saying Boldore will be traded off for good to evolve

dman_dustin

Well, that was rude. :/ I'm tempted to report this homophobic post, but I may not.

Not that I think we should get on a debate. But I disagree with your misinterpretation.

IT is a fact that there are people who will KILL you for being gay. Do not even try to deny it. That's what DMerie was saying.

Driving the Oshawott car is pretty much a big sign to those discriminate bastards who kill people who are different. You can be killed by idiots by driving that Oshawott car. If you think a man can drive that Oshawott car in a place where all these murderous homophobes live and get off scot-free, you are mistaken.

I wish people would stop misinterpreting people. Dear Lord, this where flaming and insulting come from.

EpicSquirtle

No looking back
I don't think Oshawott is evolving. Ash always has atleast one starter that never evolves.

Ash's Sinnoh and Hoenn teams say hi! Anyway I still think Oshawott has a good chance to evolve. People are acting like just because he's in a piece of advertisment means that he has no chance of evolving. Also he has had some everstone icecream good development episodes and would be great if it was expanded on to greater heights

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
You know that is a good point. Ash's starters fully evolved in both AG and DP.

It would almost be backwards if all 3 didn't fully evolve.

You know that is a good point. Ash's starters fully evolved in both AG and DP.

It would almost be backwards if all 3 didn't fully evolve.

Actually, giving Ash all three starters gives them a reason to NOT fully evolve them. When he has less starters, the writers would look like idiots if they didn't fully evolve them, hence AG and DP where Ash didn't have all three but the ones he had evolved all the way.

I'm also pretty sure the only reason Ash got Torterra was because they didn't want to leave it in that awful Grotle form.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Actually, giving Ash all three starters gives them a reason to NOT fully evolve them. When he has less starters, the writers would look like idiots if they didn't fully evolve them, hence AG and DP where Ash didn't have all three but the ones he had evolved all the way.

I'm also pretty sure the only reason Ash got Torterra was because they didn't want to leave it in that awful Grotle form.

I think they wanted Ash's Sinnoh team to look really strong.

Anyway Ash evolves most of his pokemon now, if his BW Pokes don't mostly evolve it'll be seen as another Johto-era mistake.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan

Why? you didn't make any point with that, besides saying that lits fine to evolve two but its not fine to evolve three and they are stupid if they don't evolve those two but they aren't if they don't evolve three.

Again don't take your opinion on pokemon designs as the general opinion, people liked Grotle.

Anyway Ash evolves most of his pokemon now, if his BW Pokes don't mostly evolve it'll be seen as another Johto-era mistake.

He just hasn't evolved 3 of his pokemon...

Tepig evolved
Sewaddle evolved
Pidove evolved
Sandile evolved(yes it was tks to him and Pikachu)
Palpitoad is an evolved pokemon
Roggenrola evolved

Sure he needs to evolve the rest atleast once imo and fully evolved two or three more atleast but you can't compare it to Johto, you can't compare anyway since the number of pokemon isn't the same...

7-1

Last edited:
I think they wanted Ash's Sinnoh team to look really strong.

That's what I'm talking about. They evolved Grotle to give Ash that "strong looking" team, however only Infernape qualfied as legit strong. The rest of Ash's DP team was mistreated, especially Torterra who never got a win.

Johto had one evolution and Ash has already way surpassed that in BW, unless you're talking about the starters?

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
But why add more wood to the fire?

You make it sound like it's a bad thing when it isn't. If people can tolerate Pikachu - who has been in the main cast for more than a decade for the very same reason - they should be able to tolerate everything else. I think the fanbase has become incredibly whiny lately; it's as if the writers can't please anyone these days.

Still waiting for the images of the new Pokemon toys.

Not really new but what people have been referring to http://pokemonfigure.blogspot.com/2012/05/pokemon-kids-meloetta-pirouette-formes.html

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I don't know to me it seems as if this would be a nice pattern concerning the non-staters.

(In the order caught)

Unfezant - Fully Evolved
Scraggy - 1 more stage to be fully evolved
Leavanny - Fully Evolved
Palpitoad - 1 more stage to be fully evolved
Gigalith - Fully Evolved
Krokorok - 1 more stage to be fully evolved

So the next one, fully evolves. (Come on Reuniclus!)
then finally a not fully evolved pokemon for his last capture.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Johto had one evolution and Ash has already way surpassed that in BW, unless you're talking about the starters?

Well HGH, some people are saying Ash's Unova Starters will end up as this - Snivy, Emboar, Oshawott.

That definitely reminds me of Kanto, where Ash had 3 starters but the only one who fully evolved (or even evolved at all) was the Fire-type.

My guess is that the writers are handling the starters badly and they're dumping most of the evolutions on the reserves.

(I'm starting to give up on Oshawott evolving altogether after the revelation of that Oshawott car on Pokemon Smash)

In Hoenn and Sinnoh, as CyberCubed said - Ash had less starters, and they all fully evolved (Sceptile, Torterra and Infernape).

HGH, as you said, they gave Ash Torterra cos they didn't want to leave it as Grotle and they wanted to give him a strong-looking team. However, Torterra was treated badly after fully evolving, he never won any battles other than against Team Rocket.

shelldude400

Well HGH, some people are saying Ash's Unova Starters will end up as this - Snivy, Emboar, Oshawott.

That definitely reminds me of Kanto, where Ash had 3 starters but the only one who fully evolved (or even evolved at all) was the Fire-type.

My guess is that the writers are handling the starters badly and they're dumping most of the evolutions on the reserves.

(I'm starting to give up on Oshawott evolving altogether after the revelation of that Oshawott car on Pokemon Smash)

In Hoenn and Sinnoh, as CyberCubed said - Ash had less starters, and they all fully evolved (Sceptile, Torterra and Infernape).

HGH, as you said, they gave Ash Torterra cos they didn't want to leave it as Grotle and they wanted to give him a strong-looking team. However, Torterra was treated badly after fully evolving, he never won any battles other than against Team Rocket.

I thought Torterra and Infernape were really marketable as well, which is why they fully evolved them, and the bird always fully evolves. Gligar's evolution needed to be shown as well :p

Name a pokemon in Unova on Ash's team more marketable than Oshawott. I don't think there is one.
They made a car out of Oshawott... they made a Pikachu car ages ago... I swear Oshawott is doomed.
It will possibly learn Hydro pump as Ash's water starters seem to know..(wait did Totodile know it? 0_o)

Onto the merchandise:
If it had just Scrafty or just Fraxure in it, I'd say they get a COTD episode, but the fact is both of them are in it. Scrafty already had a COTD episode, Fraxure hasn't been shown yet. I truly take this as a sign that Scraggy and Axew might evolve, but I dunno what Axew will do as a Fraxure if it doesn't have a pokeball...(maybe Iris puts it in one?)
Must.. Know.. August.. Episodes...
I find it weird that we get the Dub name for the Virbank gym episode before that episode is even released 0_o

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I thought Torterra and Infernape were really marketable as well, which is why they fully evolved them, and the bird always fully evolves. Gligar's evolution needed to be shown as well :p

Name a pokemon in Unova on Ash's team more marketable than Oshawott. I don't think there is one.
They made a car out of Oshawott... they made a Pikachu car ages ago... I swear Oshawott is doomed.
It will possibly learn Hydro pump as Ash's water starters seem to know..(wait did Totodile know it? 0_o)

Onto the merchandise:
If it had just Scrafty or just Fraxure in it, I'd say they get a COTD episode, but the fact is both of them are in it. Scrafty already had a COTD episode, Fraxure hasn't been shown yet. I truly take this as a sign that Scraggy and Axew might evolve, but I dunno what Axew will do as a Fraxure if it doesn't have a pokeball...(maybe Iris puts it in one?)
Must.. Know.. August.. Episodes...
I find it weird that we get the Dub name for the Virbank gym episode before that episode is even released 0_o

Virbank City is Tachiwaki City's English name btw.

Due to the Oshawott car, I'm giving up on Oshawott evolving altogether.

I bet the writers will officially make an excuse why Oshawott is "not allowed to evolve". They might think Dewott/Samurott doesn't suit Ash at all.

shelldude400

Virbank City is Tachiwaki City's English name btw.

Due to the Oshawott car, I'm giving up on Oshawott evolving altogether.

I bet the writers will officially make an excuse why Oshawott is "not allowed to evolve". They might think Dewott/Samurott doesn't suit Ash at all.

I knew Tachiwaki was Verbank, that's why I mentioned it >_>
I used to believe Snivy wouldn't evolve due to the short time that BW was taking, but now that it's longer, I consider it. Snivy is also disappearing off posters and other things, making me consider it becoming Servine, but no further. I just remembered Emboar was in that merchandise, so I think either we see Bianca again, or Pignite evolves in August (which would be quick I suppose.. :p)
MERCHANDISE FTW <3
Oshawott is doooooooomed

I don't think Oshawott is evolving. Ash always has atleast one starter that never evolves.

actually the past 2 generations every starter ash had fully evolved so I'm hoping all of them will evolve at least once this gen

Status
Not open for further replies.