• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Next Pokemon Thread V: Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Station [UNOVA ONLY]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CovertNinja

Pokemon Master
Ash:
Pikachu - Derp
Unfezant - ummmm....
Dewott - I really want this to happen, seems more realistic than Samurott now
Pignite - All second stage starters would allow for more reserve evolution
Servine - see Pignite
Scraggy - evolves next generation
Leavanny - need i say more?
Palpitoad/Seismitoad - could go either way
Gigalith - this would be epic.
Krookodile - have you seen the new opening?
New Capture (Only 1 of these) - Aron, Eevee, Riolu, Beldum
New Evolutions (Only 1 of these) - Totodile -> Crocnaw, Corphish -> Crawdaunt, or Gible -> Gabite

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
They have stopped doing it since Greatest Everyday. If they are putting one Pokemon in advance then why not others?

This is exactly what I tried pointing out before. I'm honestly surprised that people are still grasping at straws. A day ago, those same people were raving about how the new Opening would spoil everything, and now they're saying that there's more spoilers to come. Talk about hypocrisy.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
They have stopped doing it since Greatest Everyday. If they are putting one Pokemon in advance then why not others?

If the opening roster only covers until the start of the World Tournament, then they can update it after the tournament to include the team until the league.

Snorby

Snorby
Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa. Just because people don't think Oshawott will evolve doesn't mean they hate it. I'm just looking at it logically: Ash always has a few unevolved Pokemon in each region and Oshawott seems to be one of the most reasonable in this. It's little and cute, gets good marketing, and is popular. Sure, it's evolutions are too, but with Ash already having several evolved Pokemon it just makes sense to me for Oshawott to stay unevolved. I love Oshawott, both as an individual and as a species; I have no reason to want him not to evolve. I just don't think it will happen.

I didn't say they dislike Oshawott, they dislike the prospect of it evolving.

★ Mr. Mime ★

Man of Mystery
I'm surprised that Krokorok will be evolving since I didn't think it would.

Krookodile actually doesn't look too bad with the SG's, I thought he would look dumb.

Grei

not the color
This is exactly what I tried pointing out before. I'm honestly surprised that people are still grasping at straws. A day ago, those same people were raving about how the new Opening would spoil everything, and now they're saying that there's more spoilers to come. Talk about hypocrisy.

And if they're wrong, then so be it. You're wasting your time trying to convince people that they're wrong, especially since proving them wrong will make them unhappy. Just stop.

... I expected this to spoil more evolutions. ._. This is a letdown. Here's to hoping we for some reason get a new opening near the end of BW2... or go to Hoenn or something...

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
While High Touch was heavily edited, it didn't have any spoilers in it's initial airing. They spoiled Mamoswine 8 episodes later due to an error, which took them two episodes to correct, and after that Piloswine had evolved into Mamoswine.

Together had a lot of spoilers AND was edited heavily, but it was the first opening of the series.

Snorby

Snorby
Upon closer inspection, it looks as if Krokorok gets new shades when he evolves. No wonder he looks like a boss now! I wonder if he rages because his sunglasses break, evolves, learns outrage, and calms down when Ash runs to the Mart and buys him new shades. xD

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Okay I know I just said Krookodile is awesome...but looking at that team, the league still looks too far away for Ash

Watch dman be super ticked now that they had that Jaws guy debut Krookodile even though they were just going to evolve Ash's Krokorok anyway

Upon closer inspection, it looks as if Krokorok gets new shades when he evolves. No wonder he looks like a boss now! I wonder if he rages because his sunglasses break, evolves, learns outrage, and calms down when Ash runs to the Mart and buys him new shades. xD
Not sure what your looking at, but those are the same glasses...the red just blends into Krookodile's skin tone

papermic

I'm fine with ash's team now! I was thinking Palpitoad would evolving soon two arms would not be useless , but I'm fine with Krookodile, oshawott and maybe snivy if she changes her moveset!

Grey Wind

YAY Krookodile.

This, along with my previous statement, basically just prove that the people who are declaring that Oshawott won't evolve (As if they write the show) are all hypocritical haters that think they know everything. (The Exception this is The 4th Kira, who actually has logical and reasonable arguments.) Now I want Oshawott to evolve even more just because it will be a slap in the face to those supercilious haters.
Hey now. Plenty of people give very good reasons for Oshawott not to evolve, don't make blanket statements like that. And honestly, it's the people who want Oshawott to evolve that annoy me more. I've seen a lot of people in here insisting that Oshawott will definitely evolve and spamming constantly about it without any sort of argument to back it up. I mean, it's nice to speculate and have hope but some people take it far too seriously.

I've made it clear from the start that I want Ash with Samurott, but I think it's pretty unlikely considering how marketable Oshawott is (and yes, that means a lot). I could see it potentially evolving once, but I really don't see Samurott as likely any more, sadly.

Snorby

Snorby
Okay I know I just said Krookodile is awesome...but looking at that team, the league still looks too far away for Ash

Watch dman be super ticked now that they had that Jaws guy debut Krookodile even though they were just going to evolve Ash's Krokorok anyway

Not sure what your looking at, but those are the same glasses...the red just blends into Krookodile's skin tone

Ah, I see... Well either way, they look cooler without red frames XD

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
YAY Krookodile.

Hey now. Plenty of people give very good reasons for Oshawott not to evolve, don't make blanket statements like that. And honestly, it's the people who want Oshawott to evolve that annoy me more. I've seen a lot of people in here insisting that Oshawott will definitely evolve and spamming constantly about it without any sort of argument to back it up. I mean, it's nice to speculate and have hope but some people take it far too seriously.

I've made it clear from the start that I want Ash with Samurott, but I think it's pretty unlikely considering how marketable Oshawott is (and yes, that means a lot). I could see it potentially evolving once, but I really don't see Samurott as likely any more, sadly.

Admit it. You secretly stan for Oshawott.

I agree with everything else you said though. A lot of Dewott/Samurott fans believe Oshawott will evolve, but they usually can't come up with a solid argument. I try to reason with these people using cold-hard facts, but it doesn't always go so well; people tend to label me a "troll" when I try to persuade them to see things from a different perspective.

dman_dustin

If the opening roster only covers until the start of the World Tournament, then they can update it after the tournament to include the team until the league.

I definitely agree.

People let's look at this logically.

Why would Krokorok be the only evolution from now till the league. It doesn't make any sense, can you honestly expect there to be no more evolutions, or even another final capture?

We already know 5 episodes of Best Wishes Season 2.

1. Cynthia & Meloetta.
2. Dawn, Piplup vs Pansage.
3. Onix
4. Larvitar & Cubchoo
5. Dragonite

Before I continue to speculate let's go over some things.

The Greatest Everyday had 3 team changes: Infernape, Torterra, and Togekiss. The opening aired first with DP158 and Togekiss showed up in the 14th episode.

However it should be noted that Quilava, as well as Chansey were not revealed in the opening.

Next with: Seven Colored Arch, it can be argued that there were 6 team changes revealed with it. Though 5 only count as spoilers.

We have Boldore (who just evolved within the episode), Crustle, Krokorok, Unfezant, Leavanny and then Pignite.

First aired with BW061/BW063 (depending on which format you prefer, original format, or updated format to ignore the Plasma Rocket episodes). Which basically means that Pignite showed about 16 episodes after the airing had revealed it.

Which means that spoilers only reveal approximately 15 episodes in advance.

Because of how heavily advertising the World Tournament is within the actual opening, it could be safe to say that if the world tournament is 5 or even 6 episodes.

That really only leaves approximately six episodes after the world tournament Junior Cup for episodes revolving around maybe evolutions/captures. 2 or 3 episodes of that 7 are going to revolve around the Team Rocket-Meloetta plot. One episode if not the final episode of the World Tournament is going to revolve around Dawn saying goodbye to everyone and heading back to "Hoenn."

So yes, I think it's quite obvious why there's only one revealed spoiler, the first 15 episodes are packed with stuff, that unless more Pokemon were to evolve, or be captured in those episodes, it was only possible to spoil Krookodile.

However that doesn't mean anything, we still have an unknown number of episodes afterwards where a whole lot of evolutions and a few captures can take place. Late October and afterwards.

Granted I do lose faith in Ash ever having Serperior and Samurott EVER, since only quick evolutions would be able to make that happen.

But then again we don't know when the League will take place, and definitely IF 6th gen begins in Late September of 2013 then we have a whole bunch of unknown episodes to sit through. And the longer they hold off the league, the less time they have to do anything afterwards.

So we might not actually get to the league until April of next year, which is fine with me since they would only be able to fill all that extra space with filler as well as conclusions.

There still needs to be approximately two more Don George hosted events, that might take place before the League.

So yeah, just because Krookodile is the only spoiled team change, doesn't mean it's going to be the only one, if we assume Best Wishes season 2 will be between 30 and 50 episodes. Even if it's only 30 episodes, that's 15 episodes that could have new evolutions and new captures beyond Krokorok evolving into Krookodile.
---------------------------

With all that said, I think the most intelligent way to evolve Krokorok is to have it evolve in the World Tournament Junior Cup. Maybe my hope of Krokorok evolving to take down Drayden's Haxorus, isn't entirely a pipe dream now.

I try to reason with these people using cold-hard facts,

Look unless you work specifically for Pokemon Anime, and know the entirety of 5th generation, you cannot say that Oshawott isn't evolving, is some cold hard fact.

It will always be speculation.

The writers and producers decide to evolve or not to evolve a certain Pokemon. Not you or your "cold hard facts."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.