• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Next Pokemon Thread V: Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Station [UNOVA ONLY]

Status
Not open for further replies.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
All birds evolve fully and baby pokemon eventually evolve. Also Staravia isn't a basic pokemon.
The otter learning hydro pump really lowers it chances, if it evolves the only move to top it is hydro cannon.... and they don't wanna make Ash OP.
I really have doubts about Axew evolving, I think the merchandise might be towards Drayden if he's at the world tournament (has it been confirmed?). I still have hopes for Scraggy though, and I hope it doesn't stay tied to Axew. Problem is the Krok needs to evolve before the Scrag can >_<
The merchandise is a lie....
EDIT: Dangit, Ninja'd...

Pretty sure Axew is still likely for evolution. I guess they really are showing every detail about Dragons taking a long time to train. And since they are promoting B2W2, then Drayden would most likely have Druddigon, Flygon, & Haxorus in his team.

deoxys4ever

pokeshipper
Meloetta ->First Legendary Pokémon and first Psychic. Like someone else said, if Iris can get a Dragonite why can’t Ash own a Meloetta?
maybe because if ash caught meloetta it would mean he would have too treat it just like pikachu and bring her whereever he goes because she's a legendary not just a normal pokemon.

Last edited:

shelldude400

Pretty sure Axew is still likely for evolution. I guess they really are showing every detail about Dragons taking a long time to train. And since they are promoting B2W2, then Drayden would most likely have Druddigon, Flygon, & Haxorus in his team.
I really hope the merchandise does show it, but Axew is nearly a mascot and has learnt giga impact :/
maybe because if ash caught meloetta it would mean he would have too treat it just like pikachu and bring her whereever he goes because she's a legendary not just a normal pokemon.
If Ash were to do anything with Meleotta, I'd say she'd be like Noland and Articuno, will listen to Ash but not be captured by him. She could follow him wherever he goes though xD

Zariful

I really hope the merchandise does show it, but Axew is nearly a mascot and has learnt giga impact :/

If Ash were to do anything with Meleotta, I'd say she'd be like Noland and Articuno, will listen to Ash but not be captured by him. She could follow him wherever he goes though xD

Meleotta reminds me of Aipom I'm thinking she will ask to battle with ash when he is in a huge pickle

Snorby

Snorby

And it wouldn't count to his team of 6 because he would not own it, just use it.

shelldude400

And it wouldn't count to his team of 6 because he would not own it, just use it.

If he didn't use it for gyms and stuff I think it would be perfectly fair for him to command it on occasion. Otherwise they'd have to make him catch it :p

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
I think there are three ways possible for the writers:

1. Ash catches her (I hate "it") at one point, use her like any other Pokémon, and if he goes to another region he oaks her or takes her with him. The fandom might not like the "oak" part, but remember that Legendary Pokémon are exactly like normal Pokémon, only rarer and with peculiar abilities

2. Ash catches her, bur releases her before finishing the series. There are chances for a return, like Charizard

3. Ash simply "borrows" her power without catching her, like he did with Larvitar back in Johto

Seriously, I'd like to see Ash commanding a Legendary for once.

Zariful

I think there are three ways possible for the writers:

1. Ash catches her (I hate "it") at one point, use her like any other Pokémon, and if he goes to another region he oaks her or takes her with him. The fandom might not like the "oak" part, but remember that Legendary Pokémon are exactly like normal Pokémon, only rarer and with peculiar abilities

2. Ash catches her, bur releases her before finishing the series. There are chances for a return, like Charizard

3. Ash simply "borrows" her power without catching her, like he did with Larvitar back in Johto

Seriously, I'd like to see Ash commanding a Legendary for once.

All three options would be epic to see ! I personally favor the first one

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
What are the chances of you oversearching for Lucario and Eevee though? I know that most of these are animé related, and I'm not saying that this doesn't suggest at least an episodes worth of dedication, but what are the chances of by searching further on these two pokemon that are pokemon are getting overlooked?

Just making sure we aren't staring blindly at one thing if you understand what I'm saying..
Well yes I have overlooked certain things and here's the list and why:

-Movie tie-ins: Basically most of cast mons are getting some form of merchandise near the movie's relase and early August.

Note: There's an interesting thing though; Boldore* and starters are getting toys but rest of Ash's Pokémon aren't. Even if there are ones that aren't obviously movie tie-ins I consider them to be due to their release date.
*There are two figurine relases around August, one Crygonal and one Boldore.
There is also a My Pokémon Collection set for Boldore, Crustle and two of Muskeeter trio for August 2012.

-Meloetta's Sparkling Recital tie-ins: There are simply so much mascot and starter Pokémon that are getting toy releases due to this(and nothing else, even Piplup isn't getting toy sets outside of these) I don't think this is worth discussing.

-Oshawott Toys: Do I even need to explain this one?

-Pikachu Toys: Read above.

Regadless, outside of those, here are things getting more than one set. Most of these are old anyways, but regardless, this is still something I should do, at least for sake of equality:

Zoroark:
--Pokemon Kids Meloetta Pirouette Formes Set: August 2012
--My Pokémon Collection: December 2012

Sewaddle:
--Waza Attacks Museum: Release date unknown.
--Figure Monster Collection: 15 December 2012

Gothita:
--Halloween Set: September 2012

Chandelure:
- Figure Monster Collection: 20 October 2012
-Part of Subway Masters Pokémon Partners set: Release date unknown.

Deerling:
-Summer form; --Pokemon Kids Meloetta Pirouette Formes Set: August 2012
-Spring form;-Waza Attacks Museum: August 2012

Joltik:
--My Pokémon Collection: 4th week of September 2012

Minccino:
--Pokemon Chara Watch NEXT BW Smile Collection: September 2012

Pansage(aside from movie tie-ins):
--Part of Pokémon Partners: Second week of September.
--Waza Attacks Museum: October 2012
--Pokemon Key Reel Hodler: October 2012

Scraggy(aside from movie tie-ins):
-Waza Attacks Museum: December 2012

Axew(aside from movie tie-ins):
--Waza Attacks Museum: August 2012

Other species in the cast:

Snivy(aside from movie tie-ins):

Emolga(aside from the movie tie-ins):

Krokorok:

Leavanny:

Krookodile:

Other interesting stuff:
Bisharp:--Waza Attacks Museum: August 2012
Escavalier:--Waza Attacks Museum: October 2012
Female Jellicent, Cofagrigus: My Pokémon Collection: September 2012
Accelgor, Vullaby: My Pokémon Collection: October 2012
Beheeyem, Archeops: My Pokémon Collection: November 2012
Haxorus, Cincinno: My Pokémon Collection: December 2012
Fire Starters Plush rerelease: December 2012

My Pokémon Collection is not all too accurate as you know, since they are releasing all of the Unova lines.

Last edited:

Sarefan

Hylden General.
I think I've said something along similar lines... But that relates al the way back to the Rayquaza we saw in Sinnoh and would make the TR plot look incredibly contrived:

Record Meloetta's song so TR can control the Kami Therians
- Awaken the Kami Therians from the Undella Bay Area.
- Control the Kami Therians with Meloetta's song
- Let the Kami Therians wreak havoc among the world with vicious winds strong enough to upset the Ozone sphere.
- Angry Rayquaza into coming down to earth.
- TR uses the Kami Therians in order to capture the newly arrived Rayquaza.
- Ash and co come inbetween with Meloetta and stop TR from their grandest scheme ever...

If this happens, then I'm a genius. If TR succesfully capture Rayquaza and move their plot to Hoenn, then I'm withdrawing all my complaints I've ever filed against the writers.
A Rayquaza in Sinnoh? I can't seem to remember that ... Well, just a vague shot of a Rayquaza captured, but wasn't that before a movie? O_O

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
A Rayquaza in Sinnoh? I can't seem to remember that ... Well, just a vague shot of a Rayquaza captured, but wasn't that before a movie? O_O

Rayquaza appeared in Malice in Wonderland as a part of Mismagius' nightmare AND appeared in Where No Togepi Has Gone Before! attacking Team Rocket's literal rocket building in addition to cameos in the beginning of The Rise of Darkrai and Zoroark: Master of Illusions.

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Well yes I have overlooked certain things and here's the list and why:

-Movie tie-ins: Basically most of cast mons are getting some form of merchandise near the movie's relase and early August.

Note: There's an interesting thing though; Boldore* and starters are getting toys but rest of Ash's Pokémon aren't. Even if there are ones that aren't obviously movie tie-ins I consider them to be due to their release date.
*There are two figurine relases around August, one Crygonal and one Boldore.
There is also a My Pokémon Collection set for Boldore, Crustle and two of Muskeeter trio for August 2012.

-Meloetta's Sparkling Recital tie-ins: There are simply so much mascot and starter Pokémon that are getting toy releases due to this(and nothing else, even Piplup isn't getting toy sets outside of these) I don't think this is worth discussing.

-Oshawott Toys: Do I even need to explain this one?

-Pikachu Toys: Read above.

Regadless, outside of those, here are things getting more than one set. Most of these are old anyways, but regardless, this is still something I should do, at least for sake of equality:

Zoroark:
--Pokemon Kids Meloetta Pirouette Formes Set: August 2012
--My Pokémon Collection: December 2012

Sewaddle:
--Figure Monster Collection: 15 December 2012

Gothita:

Chandelure:
- Figure Monster Collection: 20 October 2012
-Part of Subway Masters Pokémon Partners set: Release date unknown.

Deerling:
-Summer form; --Pokemon Kids Meloetta Pirouette Formes Set: August 2012
-Spring form;-Waza Attacks Museum: August 2012

Joltik:

Minccino:

Pansage(aside from movie tie-ins):
--Part of Pokémon Partners: Second week of September.
--Waza Attacks Museum: October 2012

Scraggy(aside from movie tie-ins):
-Waza Attacks Museum: December 2012

Axew(aside from movie tie-ins):

Other species in the cast:

Snivy(aside from movie tie-ins):

Emolga(aside from the movie tie-ins):

Krokorok:

Leavanny:

Krookodile:

Other interesting stuff:
Bisharp:--Waza Attacks Museum: August 2012
Escavalier:--Waza Attacks Museum: October 2012
Female Jellicent, Cofagrigus: My Pokémon Collection: September 2012
Accelgor, Vullaby: My Pokémon Collection: October 2012
Beheeyem, Archeops: My Pokémon Collection: November 2012
Haxorus, Cincinno: My Pokémon Collection: December 2012
Fire Starters Plush rerelease: December 2012

My Pokémon Collection is not all too accurate as you know, since they are releasing all of the Unova lines.

Alright, so based on there being more promotion towards Eevee and Riolu as species, you deduce that there is a bigger chance of them having a bigger role in the animé. Well, I can say that's fair. I didn't mean to offend you in any way.

Sarefan

Hylden General.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Alright, so based on there being more promotion towards Eevee and Riolu as species, you deduce that there is a bigger chance of them having a bigger role in the animé. Well, I can say that's fair. I didn't mean to offend you in any way.

Don't worry, you didn't : P.

Still somebody needed to post all of these in a single post for easy reference, so I got that out of the way.

Snorby

Snorby
If he didn't use it for gyms and stuff I think it would be perfectly fair for him to command it on occasion. Otherwise they'd have to make him catch it :p

This is what I mean, it would be like Max as a pokemon, except much less annoying.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Meleotta reminds me of Aipom I'm thinking she will ask to battle with ash when he is in a huge pickle
Thats true and i feel that has a high chance of happening. And if Ash does catch it, he wouldn't use her against normal opponents but the ones like Tobias who themselves use legendary pokemon.

Also in the battle against Tobias, it is to a certain pointed out that though Ash has pokemons which can help him take down a legendary pokemon (like Charizard, Sceptile, Pikachu and possibly Infernape and Snorlax), but he would struggle if he has to fight more than one in a battle.
And with the number of trainer usable Legendaries having increased thanks to all these generations, my guess is that the writers had decided to surely utilize them from the moment onwards Tobias made its appearance in the Sinnoh League. So, Ash catching at least 1 legendary wouldn't be that much of a problem.

And if we take into account of all the previous legendary pokemons that appeared in the anime and have fought Ash in an official battle, i think Meloetta would feel to be quite weak compared to them. So, i think she would be perfect for Ash. Also at the end of the gen, Ash can send Meloetta to Oak where not only Oak would be able to study Meloetta's nature and habits easily, but Ash's other pokemons would also look after and protect Meloetta from danger.

On another note, if we think about it from the start of the series, isn't this the first time in the TV anime series that a legendary pokemon has interacted to Ash at this level.
Even though it is pretty common in the movies (his interaction to Mewtwo, Celebi, Latias, Shaymin, and in the upcoming movie Keldeo), it is the first major one in the TV series.
It is impossible for Ash to catch a befriended legendary in the movies, but it would be possible in the TV series though.

Last edited:

Lukah

Ash's team has a lot of great Pokémon, it has a lot of potential, but the writers need to take this Season 2 opportunity to turn things around. We need to see Ash training his team, not only evolving it. We all liked seeing Ash training with Turtwig Energy Ball and Brave Bird with Staravia. Scraggy learned Focus Blast in the Donamite Tournment and Ash didn't train with Scraggy once since that arc. It's so frustrating. Let's hope the writers take a clue and start doing that.

My ideal team is,

Pikachu
Scrafty - I see him evolving 2 to 4 episodes before the Unova League.
Pignite - I don't see why Pignite needs to evolve. Emboar will never be as strong and charismatic like Infernape and Charizard, so no need to try. And he's body right now is already capable of all the moves it needs to be awesome.
Samurott - I get it that Oshawott is turning more and more like Piplup and it's so so very marketable, but the problem is Oshawott is not strong in his form and the writers are not trying to make the impression he is strong yet. Samurott has a lot of potential. It would be so funny to see the playful Miju in his final form with the white stache. He needs to be a powerhouse in the League and to me that's the only way.
Serperior - Snivy is the HBIC and Serperior is the hottest ***** ever. To me this is the most obvious decision the writers need to make, and everybody would be happy.
Krookodile - Already annouced, and we should expect it to happen in the PWT.
Boldore - Should stay the same. I like his move set right now and there's no reason to dedicate a whole episode to his trade, except because Gigalith is awesome.
Palpitoad - I can see him staying as he is. Funny looking and unremarkable.

Unfezant and Leavanny are already in their final forms, and if I could, I would leave them out of Ash's team forever. Leavanny is so random and Unfezant will go down as the most pathetic Flying-type Ash has ever had. Maybe if there was still the Rocket's Hot Air Balloon, but even then, it's ugly and useless. And if I could bring one pokémon back to evolve like Quilava, I would bring back Gible. Gabite would be a great Pokémon for Ash to have and would be fun to see Iris squeeze him until he Draco Meteors her face. I see a lot of people that want Croconaw, but I'm cool with Crocodile as he is.

I can see Pikachu, Scrafty and Samurott being the Powerhouse Trio of this generation. Like Infernape, Pikachu and Gliscor.

dman_dustin

Why are you talking about it as if Ash has ever planned on rotating pokemon before Unova? Yes, he had to swap pokemon out during the end of Johto, and swapped Bayleef out during the Tauros Tournament, and the Whirl Cup, but he didn't rotate throughout Johto at all.

Ash had 6 pokemon, Tauros tournament happened:
- Well, I'll sent you Heracross for Tauros then! :D
- Ash send Tauros back as well, killing Heracross off from the team until the Johto League effectivily, so that doesn't count as rotation.
- Ash captured Noctowl, and thus he has six again.
- Ash enters the Whirl Cup, and swaps Bayleef for Kingler for a match and back: Would you seriously call this rotation?
- Ash ditches Bulbasaur, he has five pokemon again.
- Ash's Phanpy hatches: He has six pokemon again.
- Ash arrives at Blackthorn. Ash needs to swap two pokemon out because of Charizard and Snorlax.

If you call all of this rotation, I'm miffed, because I see no other forms of 'rotation' ever being used outside of picking teams for leagues, which also happened in Sinnoh.

I see rotation as being as switching around the pokemon in your team constantly, and not in the Johto instances of switching a team slightly around in order to fit the situation/battle, as in what Ash did with Kingler. So, in my opinion, rotation didn't 're-enter' the scene, it entered it, and all other forms of 'rotation' that happened before it have happened since the Indigo League and haven't ever left the show, not even in Sinnoh considering he used reserves in that league as well. Meaning he had to swap out Sinnoh members of his team as well.

I have no idea what you're arguing here.

1st Gen- Ash caught more than the usual 6 Pokemon, but only kept around 6 Pokemon (I think excluding Pikachu)
2nd Gen- Ash caught 6 Pokemon
3rd Gen- Caught 5 Pokemon + 1 if you count Aipom
4th Gen- Obtained 6 Pokemon
5th Gen- Caught 9 Unova.

Look at 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gen, Ash only caught 6 Pokemon at most in those specific generations.

Which means the writers clearly had a severe limit to what they could give to Ash because the concept of rotation didn't re-enter the anime until 5th gen.

No don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Ash didn't just start to properly rotate "AGAIN" but rotation regardless of Ash not using the method was introduced in 1st gen.

2nd Gen....well there was Heracross but it didn't show up until the league.

Third and Fourth Gens- The concept of Ash with more than 5/6 generation Pokemon didn't even seem to exist. On top of that Ash had to get rid of Gliscor before the writers gave Ash Gible.

Which means as my point was, Ash could catch a Riolu, because of the format of 4th gen didn't allow him the opportunity to try and catch any Pokemon he came across in 4th gen.

So the point I'm making only applies to someone's logic "Ash catching a Riolu isn't happening because that ship set sail." It didn't and also there's absolutely nothing preventing it from happening.

What I'm not arguing is "Ash WILL and HAS TO catch a Riolu because of rotation."

IcySealeo

Now that I think about it, Dragonite can be a very good addition to Iris' team. Dragonite can be Axew's model, and teach him how to become a better dragon, and he can train with him and maybe teach him how to control moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.