• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Next Pokemon Thread V: Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Station [UNOVA ONLY]

Status
Not open for further replies.

shelldude400

I already mentioned my thoughts about Meleotta a page or so back :)
If the new rival has Samurott, Oshawott's chances are lowered even more, and possibly so are Burgendy's. What might happen is a repeat of in Sinnoh when Dawn had Piplup, Kenny had Prinplup and Barry had Empoleon. Ash has Oshawott, Burgendy has Dewott and new rival has Samurott. It's a possibility.
Since Oshawott learned Hydro Pump, I find it's even less likely to evolve. There is no water type special move to top Hydro Pump other than Hydro Cannon, which I doubt they'd teach a Dewott.
Oshawott is a lost cause IMO...

never say never.

Meloetta doesn't strike me as some all powerful legendary like Arceus, and as for the Regi's and Darkrai, let's think about this.

We all know how strong Brandon's regi's were, Regice was the only one who got beaten on screen and that was because he sent it against Pikachu with no prior combat training, or spamming of the same strategy he used to do in Ash the first two times they went at it with the others, and we all know Regirock was shown to be the strongest due to how many kills it had as well as the implication of knocking out reggie's entire team.

Darkrai on the other hand, won most of it's fights using one strategy, Torkoal (Still wanna know who had Ash catch this thing.) and Gible had no chance regardless so they weren't put under by sleep, but Sceptile ironically woke up and beat Darkrai's butt down with leaf blade, damage issues aside from the previous attacks caused by Heracross (I doubt Gible's Rock Smash did much) yet healed by dream eater, that showed how flawed that strategy was, if Ash had brought Noctowl or had a pokemon that couldn't be put to sleep he could probably beat Darkrai down quicker if they ever meet again (ironically enough Primeape has one of those sleep nullification abilities) Latios beat Sceptile easily cause it was weakened so the only real win it had was against Swellow before Pikachu came in and drew with it.

Legendaries that have an effect on the earth or time and space, yeah thier probably not going to be owned, but I fail to see how one that simply sings is a powerful threat.

As for Ash having to carry it with him everywhere, that's not true. Just cause a pokemon has a crush on him doesn't mean it will follow him everywhere and even if TR was stupid enough to try and storm Oak's lab, Bulbasaur would lead the ranch pokemon against them like he did when Butch and cassidy tried to rob the place, so i don't think they'd be so stupid to do that.

Not to mention there's that Heatran owned by that one random kid in the Sinnoh League and if one counts Phione as a legendary, Buneary did beat one. So if Ash could catch a legendary (maybe not now but in the future), it'd probably be a lesser one like Heatran or like the ones you mentioned. It really isn't all that unbelievable or impossible. I mean some of the things the writers are already doing were considered unbelievable or impossible at one point.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
The writers will never give Ash or any main character a legendary. There is a 0.0000000001% chance of him getting a Meloetta IMHO.

A few years ago we thought there was a 0.0000000001% chance of ...

- A character commanding a Legendary Pokemon they've legitimately caught (we've had 3 Trainers not counting Noland)
- A Main Character catching a Dark Type Pokemon (Ash himself has one. As his main reserve no less.)
- A Main Character other then Ash catching an Electric Type Pokemon (3, with two also being regional Electric Rodents)
- A Main Character catching a fully evolved 3 stage Pokemon (Dawn was first, and now we have Iris)
- A Main Character with a fully evolved Pseudo Legendary Pokemon (because the Iris thing is happening)

So basically the writers are saying " Screw the Rules. We need to sell more plushies. " at every possible turn and breaking traditional conventions in doing so.

I guess we'll see how it plays out over the next few episodes. Iris and Cilian both are overdue for a new Pokemon each and will likely have it before the Tournament. Even so it'd be strange for them to get a Pokemon and Ash to get nothing on this three month detour. I see him making one more catch in Eastern Unova.

Zariful

M
K

If the new rival doesn't have Samurott Ash has a high/er chance of getting it. If he does I think he'll end with Dewott so he can "showcase" all the middle stage starters.[/QUOTE]

I agree on the second part though a legendary traveling with da crew is a first so maybe ash may end up catching her(I hate it too) . To me the sky is the limit in the anime

Shraeder

It's Lit
A few years ago we thought there was a 0.0000000001% chance of ...

- A character commanding a Legendary Pokemon they've legitimately caught (we've had 3 Trainers not counting Noland)
- A Main Character catching a Dark Type Pokemon (Ash himself has one. As his main reserve no less.)
- A Main Character other then Ash catching an Electric Type Pokemon (3, with two also being regional Electric Rodents)
- A Main Character catching a fully evolved 3 stage Pokemon (Dawn was first, and now we have Iris)
- A Main Character with a fully evolved Pseudo Legendary Pokemon (because the Iris thing is happening)

So basically the writers are saying " Screw the Rules. We need to sell more plushies. " at every possible turn and breaking traditional conventions in doing so.

I guess we'll see how it plays out over the next few episodes. Iris and Cilian both are overdue for a new Pokemon each and will likely have it before the Tournament. Even so it'd be strange for them to get a Pokemon and Ash to get nothing on this three month detour. I see him making one more catch in Eastern Unova.

I wasn't on this forum 3 years ago so I kind of didn't think about that stuff XD.
There's always that 0.00000001% chance it will happen:). I still don't think they would give him a legendary though.

★ Mr. Mime ★

Man of Mystery
If the new rival has Samurott, Oshawott's chances are lowered even more, and possibly so are Burgendy's. What might happen is a repeat of in Sinnoh when Dawn had Piplup, Kenny had Prinplup and Barry had Empoleon. Ash has Oshawott, Burgendy has Dewott and new rival has Samurott. It's a possibility.
Since Oshawott learned Hydro Pump, I find it's even less likely to evolve. There is no water type special move to top Hydro Pump other than Hydro Cannon, which I doubt they'd teach a Dewott.

Sadly, I'm starting to feel the same...

As bad as I wanted to see Ash with at least a Dewott I fear that Oshawott is cursed to stay as is.

I still have an inkling of hope left, but after it learned Hydro Pump my hope for an evolution dropped considerably... :(

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."

I so don't want this to happen.
Why are Ash's water type pokemon shafted in one way or another?
No evolution : Squirtle, Corphish, Buizel, [Oshawott, Palpitoad]
Lack of screentime : Kingler, [Palpitoad]

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Hm… I read somewhere that the company who directs the anime production has some chapters ahead to what they're showing us. What if we enter in their studios and "borrow" proofs and the cancelled episodes and dispel this dreadful Water curse? Who's with me? XD

jrizza88

Meteorite
Hm… I read somewhere that the company who directs the anime production has some chapters ahead to what they're showing us. What if we enter in their studios and "borrow" proofs and the cancelled episodes and dispel this dreadful Water curse? Who's with me? XD

Wait, you mean somehow access everything and change the fate of the anime!?

Crimson_Blazer

Arent meloetta and all those event pokes referred to as Mythical pokemon now? Not legendary? Maybe thatll give some creedance for ash catching her as he wouldnt own a legendary...i dont think itll happen regardless but its food for thought..

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Let's just say… make some fanservice (Team Plasma and N, a real Team Rocket plan if the current one fails, breaking old curses…) *mischievous look*

jrizza88

Meteorite
Let's just say… make some fanservice (Team Plasma and N, a real Team Rocket plan if the current one fails, breaking old curses…) *mischievous look*

If we could pull that off, I would have respect for you no matter what forever for coming up with this idea! haha. I'd make all his Pokemon evolve all the way, and then randomly catch a cute Cubchoo to have that be the unevolved cute pokemon! lol... or even give an Oshawott to Cilan so all the little kids in Japan can get their Oshawott fix

drinky93

Game Completor
is it confirmed iris is going to capture the Dragonite or will she just be "borrowing" it?

It seems a big jump for her to own a dragonite without going through its pre-evolved stages.

But I guess Iris is due for a stronger pokemon, her excadrill seems to underachieve something shocking

And Cilan, His pokemon are fastly falling behind, a good strategist can only keep weak pokemon for so long. What's the most likely new addition for him?

Zariful

If we could pull that off, I would have respect for you no matter what forever for coming up with this idea! haha. I'd make all his Pokemon evolve all the way, and then randomly catch a cute Cubchoo to have that be the unevolved cute pokemon! lol... or even give an Oshawott to Cilan so all the little kids in Japan cj get their Oshawott fix

I'd have oshawott evolve first and then all the way Samurott. Ash's Samurott FTW! Screw what others think I will continue to believe in Samurott til the end of best wishes

Zariful

Come on writers break the rules and led Ash capture Meloetta, isn't a big deal!! Even Nurse Joy got a Latios back in Sinnoh!!

Oh yeah good times! Just give ash Meloetta she followed him and his poke ball will be the perfect Hidding spot from the rockets

PAndrews

Why are his chances lowered then? People said the same about Turtwig when it was revealed that Paul had a Torterra, yet that didn't stop Ash from getting one, along with Gliscor and even a Staraptor despite Barry having one. And Piplup would have evolved if not for the everstone and Kenny's Prinplup evolved in the end ;).

And does it matter that Hydro Pump can't be topped? Phanpy knew earthquake back in Johto, but still evolved.
Fire Pledge is weaker then flamethrower, but they still gave that to Pignite upon evolving. I wouldn't be surprised if Snivy and Oshawott both evolve and gain the pledges too.

In the end this has become the saga that using things like "they never before" has lost all meaning, we'll just have to wait and see what the writers have planned with Oshawott, because at this point its pretty much impossible to predict with certainty.

Oh yeah good times! Just give ash Meloetta she followed him and his poke ball will be the perfect Hidding spot from the rockets

Not only that, but if they do want to revert TR back to their goofy ways after the TR plot has finished, then having them constantly trying to steal Meloetta would make far more sense then a Pikachu.

Squaaah

Why are his chances lowered then? People said the same about Turtwig when it was revealed that Paul had a Torterra, yet that didn't stop Ash from getting one, along with Gliscor and even a Staraptor despite Barry having one. And Piplup would have evolved if not for the everstone and Kenny's Prinplup evolved in the end ;).

And does it matter that Hydro Pump can't be topped? Phanpy knew earthquake back in Johto, but still evolved.
Fire Pledge is weaker then flamethrower, but they still gave that to Pignite upon evolving. I wouldn't be surprised if Snivy and Oshawott both evolve and gain the pledges too.

In the end this has become the saga that using things like "they never before" has lost all meaning, we'll just have to wait and see what the writers have planned with Oshawott, because at this point its pretty much impossible to predict with certainty.

This. The only thing we can say with any certainty is that Oshawott (or anyone else for that matter) wont evolve before Krookodile. Every argument put forward has been essentially guess work, and reading far too much into things. The two saga's before have been 190 odd episodes, and seeing as we've had no sign of Gen 6 coming soon, the likely hood is that Ash's current roster will be around for 100 more episodes, whatever those episodes entail, so there's still plenty of time for anything to happen.

As for Ash catching a legendary, I'd love to see a scenario where he catches one of the stronger ones, like one of the legendary birds and has a rough time taming it and controlling its power to show that these pokemon aren't ones you can just catch and sweep with, and that in order to use its power Ash has to work extra hard.

shelldude400

Not only that, but if they do want to revert TR back to their goofy ways after the TR plot has finished, then having them constantly trying to steal Meloetta would make far more sense then a Pikachu.

Paul rarely used his Torterra at all. Phanpy was a baby hatched on screen. And fire pledge appears to be stronger than flame thrower in the anime judging by the fact it seems to be a finishing move. Uhm you think Dawn actually had a choice to give Piplup the everstone? The writers wanted to keep it as a Piplup to squeeze out all it's marketability. Staraptor is a regional bird, they all fully evolve, and how often did Paul use the Gliscor too? And those two aren't starters anyway.
I knew Kenny's Prinplup evolved, so Burgendy's Dewott could evolve into Samurott while Ash has Oshawott. Same thing with Dawn, Kenny & Barry.
You can't predict anything on this show with certainty, (except for Krokorok evolving xD) that's why we speculate ;D

Snorby

Snorby
Speculations should have something to back them up. Being a possibility doesn't back any speculation.

Alrighty then!

-This goes until October 2012, when the merchandise has been released.-

Pikachu
Unfezant
Dewott- The Oshawott family merchandise, I'm thinking we might get something like Turtwig's evolution where Oshawott evolves in the presence of NewRival, and NewRival's Samurott teaches the new Dewott how to battle with two shells. At this Dewott learns X-scissor (over Razor Shell) and starts attempting to perfect it. Attacks: (Hydro Pump, X-Scissor (imperfect), Aqua Jet, Tackle (replaced by retaliate fairly soon.).
-Pignite
-Snivy
-Scrafty- The Scrafty mercendise Axew gets attacked by a wild Beartic, and Scraggy evolves to defend his friend. Attacks: Head Smash/Zen Headbutt, Hi Jump Kick, Focus Blast, Scary face/Darkmove
-Leavanny
-Boldore
-Palpitoad
-Krookidile- Evolves in TWT, learns Outrage because the opponent stole his glasses. Attacks: Stone Edge, Outrage, Bulldoze, Crunch (to be replaced with Foul Play later)

This not only has evolutions, but reasons! Better?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.