• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Next Pokemon Thread V: Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Station [UNOVA ONLY]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zariful

theres two. BW206 & 208. We know he's using leavanny in the first and hopefully oshawott if he faces dawn. there doesnt seem to be anyone here who's a big enough threat to cause krokorok to evolve. except for maybe trip but I want him to win so I would hate for krokorok to evolve just to lose. to me an evolution during the tr plot is more likely

S208 ? why not 207 hmmm well u never know til we watch maybe krokorok doesn't lose

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Here's something that I noticed.

Some people want Oshawott and Seismitoad, one evolves and one doesn't but that logic is flawed.

Palpitoad and Korokorok share Ground-typing so technically, Palpitoad should never evolve due to Krookodile. So then that leaves Oshawott to evolve. Krookodile also means no Scrafty as Krookodile and Pignite happen.
XxEpicsxX would argue that Palpitoad is a Water type first and a Ground type second... I don't exactly understand the point of that myself, it's not like if it were Ground first it would be any different. But then she goes further in saying Krookodile/Pignite prevent Scraggy from evolving, thus rendering her Leavanny=Snivy and Palpitoad=Oshawott notion flawed, as how can two Pokemon prevent Scraggy from evolving, Pignite would work in a sense since him and Scraggy are secondary Fighters, but Krookodile couldn't by this logic as it's a Ground type first and Dark type second, while Scraggy is a Dark type first. You know...I think this whole thing is confusing me... why would Leavanny prevent Snivy, seeing as he's a Bug type first...

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
theres two. BW206 & 208. We know he's using leavanny in the first and hopefully oshawott if he faces dawn. there doesnt seem to be anyone here who's a big enough threat to cause krokorok to evolve. except for maybe trip but I want him to win so I would hate for krokorok to evolve just to lose. to me an evolution during the tr plot is more likely

Well, despite the evolution Monferno lost to Paul's Electabuzz, after defeating an already weakened Ursaring. Same thing happened to Swaddlon. Unless the battles keep being 1 vs 1, I can see Krokorok evolving in Krookodile and then losing.

fuzzyshaymin

Shiny hunter
I'm sorry you guys but Oshawott won't evolve, He's comical relief, alot like Meowth. Snivy might but i doubt it since shes already a beast. and i dont think much else will happen for ash. Pignite might evolve but i doubt since Bianca has one.

Iris....ohhh Iris. Remember how May's Torchic evolved 2 episode before they booted her off. THAT'S WHATS GONNA HAPPEN WITH AXEW. and she's just gonna befriend that Dragonite. and Excadrill and Emolga can't evolve. and i Don't think much else will happen there

Cilan- Pansage might evolve, but i'd like to see him get a Troipus cause it's something that just fit's him.

Zariful

I'm sorry you guys but Oshawott won't evolve, He's comical relief, alot like Meowth. Snivy might but i doubt it since shes already a beast. and i dont think much else will happen for ash. Pignite might evolve but i doubt since Bianca has one.

Iris....ohhh Iris. Remember how May's Torchic evolved 2 episode before they booted her off. THAT'S WHATS GONNA HAPPEN WITH AXEW. and she's just gonna befriend that Dragonite. and Excadrill and Emolga can't evolve. and i Don't think much else will happen there

Cilan- Pansage might evolve, but i'd like to see him get a Troipus cause it's something that just fit's him.

what r u a psychic ? Being a comic relief indicates nothing Oshawott ca still evolve

what r u a psychic ?

People.

STOP. RESPONDING. WITH. THIS. CRAP. PLEASE.

Everyone pulls the "wat r u psychic" junk these days. That's not a counter argument. That's being butt hurt.

Being a comic relief indicates nothing Oshawott ca still evolve
Sure, he can. Any pokemon can evolve, so long as it's possible. But nothing indicates that he will, and many things indicate that he won't. (besides comedic relief)

Last edited:

Luthor

two others strike me as being a large enough threat apart from trip(though trip certainly is possiblity) to lead to the krok evo.The first would be iris and her dragonite the other is not technically in the tornament.I know it's a long shot but if Ash were to win this small tournament and battle Alder then that might be the battle in which the krok evolves.Ash would still lose against but it would might make him less outmatched.

Zariful

People.

STOP. RESPONDING. WITH. THIS. CRAP. PLEASE.

Sure, he can. Any pokemon can evolve, so long as it's possible. But nothing indicates that he will, and many things indicate that he won't. (besides comedic relief)

lol okay i won't mention anthin bout a psychic again. What indicates he won't ?

What indicates he won't ?

Money. I'm sure the writers consider money more important than pleasing a bunch of 20 year olds. Because that's the only thing Samurott will do.

PrinceGray

Anti-Hero of Serebii
Money. I'm sure the writers consider money more important than pleasing a bunch of 20 year olds. Because that's the only thing Samurott will do.

And what will you say/do if he in fact does evolve to his final form?

You're a noob so I will go ahead and remind you not to pass off your opinion as a fact. Thank You.

I will say

"Nice, he evolved. Now watch him lose all his battles like Torterra, so Emboar can take over and look better than him in every concievable way."

Cause, you know that'll happen.

You're a noob so I will go ahead and remind you not to pass off your opinion as a fact. Thank You.

Explain what a noob is. I don't even think it means anything.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Samurott might not be cute, but is "cool". I hope at least for a Dewott. Imagine him freaking out if he loses both scalchops...

*cues sequence*

Dewott (in his Pokespeech): Eeek, where are my scalchop? *runs around, looking frantically for them* Ah, here's one! *takes it and places in the designed "slot"* Eheheh! But... where is the other? Eeek! Where is it? *restarts running around*

*end of sequence*

Yep. It could be comic despite the evolution.

Samurott might not be cute, but is "cool". I hope at least for a Dewott. Imagine him freaking out if he loses both scalchops...

*cues sequence*

Dewott (in his Pokespeech): Eeek, where are my scalchop? *runs around, looking frantically for them* Ah, here's one! *takes it and places in the designed "slot"* Eheheh! But... where is the other? Eeek! Where is it? *restarts running around*

*end of sequence*

Yep. It could be comic despite the evolution.

There's already someone else running around with a Dewott.

Don't call people noobs, it is gravely offensive (even though it isn't an offensive word). You might not know but a lot of people start posting in the forums after lurking for years. I am a big example. I have lurked since 2008 before joining. Yes he passed his opinion as a fact but that doesn't make his opinion any less logical.

And there is one thing, especially what icks me is your signature. You assume people who say 'Oshawott won't evolve' as haters. No these people definitely want Oshawott to evolve as much as you do. But the reason they claim so is Oshawott's anime status. In case you have not seen it, Oshawott is currently the anime's only comic relief, and not to mention is slowly turning into a mascot-like character like the way Piplup did. Now why do you think Piplup didn't evolve? Things just happen that way.

Of course one can still be optimistic and hope for Oshawott's evolution, it isn't wrong. But do understand that not everyone is of the same opinion. People might be tired of the writers failing them by not evolving Oshawott till now, and hence people are convinced that it won't evolve in the future any time soon. I am too of the same opinion, but does that make me a hater? No.

Let's be friendly to each other and not call names.

Last edited:

PrinceGray

Anti-Hero of Serebii
Don't call people noobs, it is gravely offensive. You might not know but a lot of people start posting in the forums after lurking for years. I am a big example. I have lurked since 2008 before joining. Yes he passed his opinion as a fact but that doesn't make his opinion any less logical.

And there is one thing, especially what icks me is your signature. You assume people who say 'Oshawott won't evolve' as haters. No these people definitely want Oshawott to evolve as much as you do. But the reason they claim so is Oshawott's anime status. In case you have not seen it, Oshawott is currently the anime's only comic relief, and not to mention is slowly turning into a mascot-like character like the way Piplup did. Now why do you think Piplup didn't evolve? Things just happen that way.

Of course one can still be optimistic and hope for Oshawott's evolution, it isn't wrong. But do understand that not everyone is of the same opinion. People might be tired of the writers failing them by not evolving Oshawott till now, and hence people are convinced that it won't evolve in the future any time soon. I am too of the same opinion, but does that make me a hater? No.

Let's be friendly to each other and not call names.

Well, if my signature offends anybody then they must be new to the Internet. Don't make assumptions out of what isn't there please.

Well, if my signature offends anybody then they must be new to the Internet. Don't make assumptions out of what isn't there please.

Um, is that all you have read from that post? I think I raised a point and you just ignored it.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
@Dracoflare: Well, I've seen several people with PrinceGray's signature, so at this point I'm not surprised. But instead of "haters" is not better "sceptic"?

Status
Not open for further replies.