• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Next Pokemon Thread V: Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Station [UNOVA ONLY]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Too many fully evolved species.

Leaves very little room for growth or improvement.

Someone is always going to get shafted in the evolution department.
It's sad when you think about it though since your right...

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
It's sad when you think about it though since your right...

It depends, his prediction might work for an end of region team, but I think we have a good year of anime in Isshu still, after the Isshu League.

Such a team is overpowered, at least by the standards the writers have for Ash at Pokemon Leagues.

If anyone else had that team at the League, the writers would see no harm.

Joltik-Kid

It depends, his prediction might work for an end of region team, but I think we have a good year of anime in Isshu still, after the Isshu League.

Such a team is overpowered, at least by the standards the writers have for Ash at Pokemon Leagues.

If anyone else had that team at the League, the writers would see no harm.
Which doesn't make much sense seeing as how overpowered Ash's team was in Sinnoh... but I guess the problem there was the writers decided let's have some random guy enter the league with a Darkrai who happened to win all the badges this guy needed...he must have started later then Ash or enter a lot of regional gyms, because you figured the gym leader Ash fought would mention some guy who uses a legendary Pokemon

MrLuigi1046

All Hail Lord Goomy!
Too many fully evolved species.

Leaves very little room for growth or improvement.

Someone is always going to get shafted in the evolution department.

Did you read the reasons yet, scraggy is going to evolve at the end so he has enough time, krokorok will evolve around the 8th gym and best wishes is rumored to be 3 years so there is enough time there. Happy?

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
Which doesn't make much sense seeing as how overpowered Ash's team was in Sinnoh... but I guess the problem there was the writers decided let's have some random guy enter the league with a Darkrai who happened to win all the badges this guy needed...he must have started later then Ash or enter a lot of regional gyms, because you figured the gym leader Ash fought would mention some guy who uses a legendary Pokemon

Well his Sinnou team had room to improve.

Gible could have evolved once at least between capture and the league, or even inside the league.

Also Buizel could have evolved.

So in that sense his team had some balance in evolved/weaker species.

Ash's core Sinnou team, outside of the 'old' reserves he called in/upon, was not the best it could've been.

Joltik-Kid

Well his Sinnou team had room to improve.

Gible could have evolved once at least between capture and the league, or even inside the league.

Also Buizel could have evolved.

So in that sense his team had some balance in evolved/weaker species.

Ash's core Sinnou team, outside of the 'old' reserves he called in/upon, was not the best it could've been.
Well they were good, they just didn't get too much time to shine outside of Ash's battle of Paul...in fact, only Gible and Staraptor got 2 battle each in the league...we didn't get to see who Ash used in the match with Snorlax...

dman_dustin

I don't see how razor leaf is a staple!
I agree, unlike water gun and flamethrower, razor leaf isn't on the same level. First off not as many grass types can learn razor leaf as water type learning water gun, and flamethrower.

@ dman dustin i don't think the pidove line can learn twister legally
I could've swore Ash had more than just Snivy that could learn twister, oh well, might've been thinking of a different move then.

Joltik-Kid

I agree, unlike water gun and flamethrower, razor leaf isn't on the same level. First off not as many grass types can learn razor leaf as water type learning water gun, and flamethrower.
But Bulbasaur and Bayleef both still have the attack...if it weren't for Leaf Storm, Torterra would of had the attack too. It works for long range

Chomper4

I think Pignites moveset ia more of Flame Charge, Rollout, Arm Thrust, and Flamethrower.

dman_dustin

But Bulbasaur and Bayleef both still have the attack...if it weren't for Leaf Storm, Torterra would of had the attack too. It works for long range

I don't want Leavanny treated like a grass type, and energy ball works just fine, the problem lies in Leavanny being a physical attacker, and not really giving it the moves it would need to pull that off.

See with a moveset of: Leaf Blade, Razor Leaf, Energy Ball, String Shot, it wouldn't have X-scissor which is basically Leavanny's best bug type move.

X-Scissor, Razor Leaf, Energy Ball, String Shot, wouldn't give Leavanny either another bug type or physical. While razor leaf works on attack strength rather than special, and while it can cut things, it still is another grass type, and I'd think that Leavanny would have 2 bug type moves, one grass type, and one other type.

And: X-Scissor, Shadow Claw/Cut, Razor Leaf, String shot, gives away Leavanny's decent grass type attack. It's already bad enough bug bite which debuted in the anime WITH Ash's Sewaddle was replaced with energy ball, rather than Energy Ball replacing razor leaf, I get that razor leaf can cut things, but I can't care too much since, X-scissor, Shadow Claw/Cut could do the same thing, and I'm not entirely sure if they could pull of Leavanny and Razor leaf, unless it launches razor leaf from its scythes (while I admit that would be cool, its unnecessary).

And I don't want String shot, to go away since that has more real life applications even if it is a status moves, and I even said why I don't like status moves (though not in this thread).

So right now, personally the best moveset for Leavanny, bar some really cool B2W2 move tutor moves is: X-Scissor, Energy Ball, Shadow Claw/Cut, String shot

Joltik-Kid

I don't want Leavanny treated like a grass type, and energy ball works just fine, the problem lies in Leavanny being a physical attacker, and not really giving it the moves it would need to pull that off.

See with a moveset of: Leaf Blade, Razor Leaf, Energy Ball, String Shot, it wouldn't have X-scissor which is basically Leavanny's best bug type move.

X-Scissor, Razor Leaf, Energy Ball, String Shot, wouldn't give Leavanny either another bug type or physical. While razor leaf works on attack strength rather than special, and while it can cut things, it still is another grass type, and I'd think that Leavanny would have 2 bug type moves, one grass type, and one other type.

And: X-Scissor, Shadow Claw/Cut, Razor Leaf, String shot, gives away Leavanny's decent grass type attack. It's already bad enough bug bite which debuted in the anime WITH Ash's Sewaddle was replaced with energy ball, rather than Energy Ball replacing razor leaf, I get that razor leaf can cut things, but I can't care too much since, X-scissor, Shadow Claw/Cut could do the same thing, and I'm not entirely sure if they could pull of Leavanny and Razor leaf, unless it launches razor leaf from its scythes (while I admit that would be cool, its unnecessary).

And I don't want String shot, to go away since that has more real life applications even if it is a status moves, and I even said why I don't like status moves (though not in this thread).

So right now, personally the best moveset for Leavanny, bar some really cool B2W2 move tutor moves is: X-Scissor, Energy Ball, Shadow Claw/Cut, String shot

I could live with that...just I have this odd feeling with Razor Leaf, I hope I'm wrong though

Zariful

I could've swore Ash had more than just Snivy that could learn twister, oh well, might've been thinking of a different move then.

can't any fire type learn Flamethrower except Rotom fire ?

Yeah sadly only Snivy can learn twister . If she does learn it I'd love to see a Twister and Leaf Storm combo

Chomper4

So far for Ash, Iris, and Cilan combined, we have

Basic: Oshawott, Snivy, Scraggy, Axew, Emolga, Pansage, Stunfisk
Stage 1: Pikachu, Pignite, Palpitoad, Bolodre, Krokorok, Crustle
Stage 2: Unfezant, Leavanny

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Since Leavanny's moveset is the talk, I want him to have Leaf Blade, Enery Ball, Struggle Bug, and String Shot.

Since Leavanny's moveset is the talk, I want him to have Leaf Blade, Enery Ball, Struggle Bug, and String Shot.

replace leaf blade with x-scissor and maybe keep bug bite over struggle bug then you get the moveset I want.

Crazed Apple

Dondake~!!
I really want one of Ash's pokemon to learn Shadow claw. Either it being Leavanny or Krokorok, I just want someone to get it. After seeing Simisage use it, Shadow claw would work better with Krokorok, but I guess they could always change the animation for Leavanny similar to how Air cutter's animation was so dynamic.

As with the movesets...(since a lot of people are taking a swing at it)

Leavanny- Energy ball, String Shot, X scissor/Leaf blade, Shadow claw/Poison Jab

Krokorok- Stone Edge, Dig, Crunch/Thunder fang, Shadow claw/Foul play

I really want one of Ash's pokemon to learn Shadow claw. Either it being Leavanny or Krokorok, I just want someone to get it. After seeing Simisage use it, Shadow claw would work better with Krokorok, but I guess they could always change the animation for Leavanny similar to how Air cutter's animation was so dynamic.

As with the movesets...(since a lot of people are taking a swing at it)

Leavanny- Energy ball, String Shot, X scissor/Leaf blade, Shadow claw/Poison Jab

Krokorok- Stone Edge, Dig, Crunch/Thunder fang, Shadow claw/Foul play

I'd be happy with leavanny learning shadow claw. X-scissor, energy ball, shadow claw and string shot woulf be a decent move set. and as for krok stone edge, dig, fire/thunder fang and foul play would be sweet

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
So far for Ash, Iris, and Cilan combined, we have

Basic: Oshawott, Snivy, Scraggy, Axew, Emolga, Pansage, Stunfisk
Stage 1: Pikachu, Pignite, Palpitoad, Bolodre, Krokorok, Crustle
Stage 2: Unfezant, Leavanny

Emolga and Stunfisk, should be under unable to evolve. And you forgot Excadrill.

Zariful

I'd be happy with leavanny learning shadow claw. X-scissor, energy ball, shadow claw and string shot woulf be a decent move set. and as for krok stone edge, dig, fire/thunder fang and foul play would be sweet

yeah we all have to admit that was pretty epic when simisage did it. I'd take a liking if Krokorok learned Foul Play

Status
Not open for further replies.