• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Next Pokemon Thread V: Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Station [UNOVA ONLY]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shraeder

It's Lit
So I see no reason that Oshawott and Snivy's possible evolutions can be restricted due to their popularity
There isn't a reason, it's just what the writers would do if they are trying to advertise. Honestly, I think Samurott is the most marketable of the starters' final evolutions, with Serperior at a close second, and Emboar kinda far behind(cuz it's fat XD)

Last edited:

Crazed Apple

Dondake~!!
Is anybody else's view of this saga going down? I mean, with the lack of screentime for the reserves, destroying almost all of Ash's intellegence from DPPT, and now not evolving Boldore even though he/she would be perfect for Ash's team? I have a feeling they should have started out with a new trainer this time.

Now the only remaining evolution I can hope for is Krookodile.....

Even with all the let downs, I'm still looking forward to the league. I have a feeling we might see some great battles with the reserves. If the league doesn't live up to expectations ( the bare minimum is Sinnoh league quality battles), then I will acknowledge this saga as a disaster.

I'm hoping for it's evolution as well....

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Here’s Dento!!!!:
[img139]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/512.gif[/img139][img139]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/558.gif[/img139][img139]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/618.gif[/img139][img139]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/581.gif[/img139][img139]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/599.gif[/img139]/[img139]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/608.gif[/img139][img139]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/510.gif[/img139]/[img139]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/517.gif[/img139]
The / means either or.

Grei

not the color
How do you make the pokemon show up in posts? I can't find that option.

The people who have animated sprites of Pokemon in their posts are going to other sites which host them, and copy+pasting the URL in brackets to make the images appear. The animated sprites aren't hosted by Serebii.

[quote="Shraeder, post: 14434729"]Actually in terms of popularity in Japan, Serperior is more popular than Snivy, ranking number 6 on the list, while Snivy came in at number 7. Oshawott tied for 8th/9th, and Samurott was number 24. So,in Japan, Oshawott and Snivy's evolutions are waaaaay more popular than Tepig's(who wasn't even on the list), and therefore more marketable
Link: [url]http://pokemonblackandwhite.net/?p=4808[/url][/QUOTE]

There's an issue with this, and Tails_Sliat puts it rather nicely:

[quote="Tails_Sliat, post: 14435174"]MAY 22, 2011

That is all.[/QUOTE]

While that is indeed a popularity poll, that poll was taken very early on in BW's lifespan. Since then, I guarantee that popularity has shifted. Have you all not noticed just how often Dewott is featured in random merchandise? I see him on coins and in artwork and as an action figure, etc. etc. etc. I can't say the same for Servine, but I would be confident betting that Dewott has become more popular since that poll was taken. Just like how seeing Pokemon in the anime shifts our opinions on the forum, viewers all over the world, of all ages, change their opinions based on the anime and manga and Pokemon media.

Those popularity polls aren't too relevant at this point in saying that X Pokemon won't find its way on the main cast. I seriously doubt that Dewott is just as unpopular in Japan now than he was when the poll was taken. The same holds true for tons of Pokemon.

Shraeder

It's Lit
But you never said that till now
I guess what I'm getting at is this list can't possibly be correct anymore...otherwise if it's still the same, then people really have shallow opinions of this Generation
Yeah, I think they need to take a new poll on it
Off Topic: 2 More Posts!!!!

Last edited:

KKS-Lapras

Is anybody else's view of this saga going down? I mean, with the lack of screentime for the reserves, destroying almost all of Ash's intellegence from DPPT, and now not evolving Boldore even though he/she would be perfect for Ash's team? I have a feeling they should have started out with a new trainer this time.

Now the only remaining evolution I can hope for is Krookodile.....

Some of us have loved this series/generation. It hasn't been a let down for me at all. There's a few captures I wish Ash in particular would make, but alas, every generation is like that. Many people are disappointed with the rotation aspect of things, I am just glad the writers decided to give as more than 5 captures this generation thus far. They've been rotated enough for me, and with knowing he does train them and they train themselves at the lab off-screen, I'm cool with it.

The only true disappointment for me has been with Team Plasma being essentially written off. I understood the situation with the earthquake, though I've always felt if some natural real life event is enough reason for an animated show to skip certain episodes or events entirely, just edit out the portions that might be offensive/startling in relation to the event and air them at a not so distant future date, but that seems to be non-existent now.

Beyond that, this series has been interesting to watch. There is always going to be a group of people that won't be happy, yet continue to watch anyways.

Zariful

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
so what ur saying ia that chart is useless now?

Yes its useless just like both your posts.

Shraeder if none is posting anything its because people don't have anything to say, you don't need to post because none else is, that just creates spam, like Zariful useless one liners.

jindahouse

Water Pokemon Master
If jessie and james finally do have it written that they catch some other pokemon in black and white which do you think would be good and why??

I think jessie could have a whimisicott because its one of those pokemon that we would say is ugly but jessie would compliment it on its cuteness!

James i think that its either a trubbish that spits sludge on him when it comes out of its pokeball or a rufflet that pecks him each time!!

Shraeder

It's Lit
Shraeder if none is posting anything its because people don't have anything to say, you don't need to post because none else is, that just creates spam, like Zariful useless one liners.
I wasn't, I was going to post anyway, but I was just being dumb when I said that

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
If jessie and james finally do have it written that they catch some other pokemon in black and white which do you think would be good and why??

I think jessie could have a whimisicott because its one of those pokemon that we would say is ugly but jessie would compliment it on its cuteness!

James i think that its either a trubbish that spits sludge on him when it comes out of its pokeball or a rufflet that pecks him each time!!

Dunno I don't think they will have those kind of interactions with their pokemon in this region.

I would like to see their pokemon evolve atleast, they appear only in specials so if they don't get new pokemon its not a big deal since I don't get bored of seeing the same two(since they don't appear every episode) but I would like thme to eventually evolve, as for what they could get I didn't see anything hinted for them so I can't speculate on it.

Shraeder didn't mean it in a rude way, just explaining it to you since you seem to be new to the forum.

Zariful

Yes its useless just like both your posts.

Shraeder if none is posting anything its because people don't have anything to say, you don't need to post because no one else is, that just creates spam, like Zariful useless one liners.

Harsh bro , I'm not intentionally trying to create spam. Just curious yeesh

anyways I see Dewott , Servine and Pignite at worst Snivy remains basic but Oshawott evolves

Last edited:

kemal07

I can actually see Jessie with a Whimsicott... it could have a mischievous personality.

With James I can only imagine a Ferroseed later evolving into a Ferrothorn for some reason...

Jessie and James were given 3 Pokeballs each.... I do wonder if they will end up using the remaining 3.

IcySealeo

I can actually see Jessie with a Whimsicott... it could have a mischievous personality.

With James I can only imagine a Ferroseed later evolving into a Ferrothorn for some reason...

Jessie and James were given 3 Pokeballs each.... I do wonder if they will end up using the remaining 3.

I can see James with Ferroseed too, but I don't think it will happen. Also, I don't think that his Yamask will evolve.

I just wish Jessie's Woobat will evolve already. It just looks so weak and not intimidating. I don't say that Swoobat is intimidating, but it is bigger and stronger.

Zariful

They rarely appear . Maybe offscreen captures?

Status
Not open for further replies.