• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
We're going to run out of roman numerals one of these days, but today is not that day. Also, not an actual arena. Please do not don your gladiator uniforms.

This thread is for team speculation for the main cast(including Ash, Iris, Cilan, their rivals, and Team Rocket), recurring characters, and important characters in general. You can speculate what Pokemon they're going to catch, release, or give away, and what their teams will be by the end of Unova. This is also the place to speculate about which Pokemon will evolve.

This is not a thread to speculate about the one or two Pokemon a generic character of the day will have, because a)that's usually fairly obvious anyway, and b)nobody will ever care about that character again once their episode has passed. Keep this kind of thing in the appropriate episode speculation thread.

Ground Rules:
-Your opinions are not facts. Acting like they are and then getting mad when people disagree with you will not be looked upon favorably. Remember this is all speculation, so although some things may seem very, very obvious to you or to certain other people, there will always be room to disagree(until specific captures and evolutions are confirmed, anyway).
-All SPPf rules apply. Forgetting that and starting flamewars over whose completely unfounded speculation is the best, making no-content posts, etc. is an excellent way to rack up some infraction points.
-Of course, you wouldn't be posting completely unfounded capture speculation anyway - you have to post reasons for your speculations. I'll admit that this rule gets forgotten a lot, but for the sake of keeping discussion at least semi-intelligent, always try to include reasons along with your speculations.
-If you see people dragging this thread into a long, tiresome, flame-engulfed argument between themselves, please either report the posts in question or contact me and/or Sushi and/or Encylopika directly.
-This really isn't the place to argue about how much longer Unova will go on for. Such discussions rarely go well in the first place, but at least keep them out of this thread.
-See that forum directory at the top of the page? "Serebii.Net Forums > Anime & Manga > Pokémon Anime Discussion > Anime Spoilers"? Yeah, that. This is the Spoilers forum, and you should consider everyone's current teams in Japan when posting speculation. If you only know the current dub teams, don't post here.
-tl;dr: Keep things civil. Think before you post. Now go forth and make many posts about teams.

Last edited:

Snorby

Snorby
1st post! so I'll start with a question:

SHOULD AXEW EVOLVE?

I think it should, but toward the end of her run on the cast, I'd let it come back a haxorus in Gen 6

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Could we possibly ban Oshawott discussion? It seems like 99% of the arguments here stem from Ash's Oshawott, so maybe if we made it against the rules to discuss him, we could cut down on flame wars and such? All I know is that the Oshawott evolution debates are redundant since nobody but the writers/producers know if/when he'll evolve.

Snorby

Snorby
Could we possibly ban Oshawott discussion? It seems like 99% of the arguments here stem from Ash's Oshawott, so maybe if we made it against the rules to discuss him, we could cut down on flame wars and such? All I know is that the Oshawott evolution debates are redundant since nobody but the writers/producers know if/when he'll evolve.

I personally think that that's a good idea, and that his line for ash shall only be mentioned in predictions, not in arguments. Save us a lot of trouble. and a few bans for people

I am Lu

SHOULD AXEW EVOLVE?

I think it should, but toward the end of her run on the cast, I'd let it come back a haxorus in Gen 6

I want Axew to evolve, but I doubt it won't until the last couple of episodes of BW. A Fraxure can't reside in Iris's hair unfortunately, haha.

I'm of the opinion that if people want to discuss a possible Oshawott evolution, then they should be able to as long as they're respectful. If not here, then where?

Snorby

Snorby
I want Axew to evolve, but I doubt it won't until the last couple of episodes of BW. A Fraxure can't reside in Iris's hair unfortunately, haha.

I'm of the opinion that if people want to discuss a possible Oshawott evolution, then they should be able to as long as they're respectful. If not here, then where?

VMs, so this new thread is filled with hate xD

Zya

ロバート
Oh. 1st page of the refreshed thread ^_^.

SHOULD AXEW EVOLVE?

YES! I really hope Axew evolves. It should! Iris is a dragon master + Axew always wanted to evolve into its final form which was revealed in one of the first few episodes. Also, I always had a dream where Axew & Scraggy are in a double battle but they are both struggling. Then they BOTH end up evolving and winning the battle. That would be epic. Hopefully the writers have something similar in mind...

Last edited:

soccerstar19

<--- Best Rival Ever
its part of ash's team it should be allowed to be spoken about if a flame war starts report them. I think Oshawott should evolve to at least dewott just because of the fact it seems like such an Ash pokemon it just seems to really fit him. It seems unlikely for him to get Dewott due to it learning hydro pump though. The only thing i want to evolve other then osha is paliptoad but that would just be bad writing if it evolves. It doesn't really have much character to it. It has only shown any personality in the episode caught then hasn't been seen doing anything but battling since. that isn't confirmed already anyway. I'm indiffernt for pignite evolving we already saw inferape so I'm ok with it not evolving

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Alright. Good to know that just posting sprites with no reasoning isn't allowed. I bet you people won't post reasons & just make your posts all cute & stuff.-__- But yes Axew should evolve & will most likely.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I'll spread them out I guess.

By the end of the "Dawn/Junior Cup/Meloetta "saga"
Ash

As seen in the opening.
No real changes except for Leavanny learning a move and Krokorok evolving in the Junior Cup. Meloetta has to leave to guard the Abundant Shrine or something.

Iris​

Iris still can't handle Dragonite's competitive spirit. Will take a long time.

Cilan

Catches a Rufflet after the Junior Cup. It's very clumsy so Cilan has trouble bonding with it as it gets annoyed with his Tasting Time.

After the plot and just right before the league

Oshawott evolves after Piplup leaves and learns Ice Beam upon evolving. He still pops up from his pokeball but instead of being wacky, he starts meditating and training.

Snivy evolves when they encounter her old trainer. It was a snobby girly girl that blamed Snivy for every loss. Evolves against the girl's Lilligant. Ash also trains Servine to learn Aqua Tail.

Ash catches a Solosis who is really attached to him, Solosis evolves quickly after being caught while still keeping its overly attached personality.

Ash's Dewott evolves during the league and faces off against Trip's Serperior.

Iris​

Axew evolves and helps along with Drayden to help Iris control Dragonite. Iris also helps teach Emolga a flying type move. Fraxure has to learn who to deal with just walking out instead of being in Iris' hair or being in a pokeball. keeps his playful personality. Acts more like a big brother to Scraggy.

Cilan

Nothing much changed. Cilan gets help getting over his Purrloin fear from Burgundy who reaches B-Rank (takes the exam) after learning from helping Cilan. She develops a minor crush on Cilan.

After the League- to the end
N wins the league and the events of BW take place. Ash befriends Zekrom and N Reshiram and they battle them. this part of Best Wishes 2 deals with Ash and co. going through out the region to defeat (BW) Team Plasma and Team Rocket. The TR vs TP has been retconned to take place here as they reach Desert Resort. After the League, they visit Black City, White Forest, Sangi Town, Aspertia City, etc. Ash's goal is also to train for the Senior Cup, where some of the older Gym Leaders show up. This tourney is Invite Only. He is invited by Alder and Cynthia. Ash rotates his older pokemon as well. I'll only post evolutions and captures.

Ash​
Evolutions

Captures

*Very late capture, to bring to Gen 6*

Palpitoad evolves verses a Team Plasma Sage.
Duosion evolves in White Forest.
Croconaw evolves in a Water Type Tournament hosted by Merlon and Don George in an anime only location.
Gible evolves vs Iris' Fraxure.

Iris​

Aron is her last capture. Very timid.
Others don't really change. Fraxure evolves in her last episode, she then goes on to become Drayden's apprentice.

Cilan​

Chili and Cress show up with Leaf, Water, and Fire stones so that they can evolve their monkeys at the same time.
Cilan's Rufflet evolves and gains a love interest in Ash's Unfezant.
Cilan gets a Mudkip from Professor Birch who visits Unova.
Cilan fails his S-Rank Connoisseur exam and decides to continue traveling with Ash and takes up Contests (Inspired by Dawn) after hearing they are known in the next region. He intends to develop Coordinator skills so he can hopefully increase his Connoisseur skills to reach S-Rank.

Last edited:

Darkrai619

Pokemon Veteran

Darkrai619

Pokemon Veteran

netobeto

the legenday master
i personally would like for ash to evolve all his pokemon before even capturing new ones....but that's my opinion

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
Oh. 1st page of the refreshed thread ^_^.

YES! I really hope Axew evolves. It should! Iris is a dragon master + Axew always wanted to evolve into its final form which was revealed in one of the first few episodes. Also, I always had a dream where Axew & Scraggy are in a double battle but they are both struggling vs Draven and another trainer. But they BOTH end up evolving and winning the battle. This would be epic. Hopefully the writers have something similar in mind...

Nop. It would be better to see Ash battling Iris and in an epic climax both of them evolve while confronting each other.

Darkrai619

Pokemon Veteran
I have a feeling Ash will do something that he has never done before and catch Meloetta. I know it's bold, but since the Team Rocket involves both Meloetta and The three sky spirits in Thundurus, Tornadus and Landorus. Since Meloetta is essential for having the three sky spirits change form, Ash will keep her under his care and utilize her against Team Rocket and prove that he can control a legendary pokemon and be Meloetta's supposed savior if you will.

By the end of the plot Meloetta will stay with Ash, Krookodile learns Outrage/Foul Play upon evolution, Snivy and Scraggy will evolve. Catches Riolu

Iris catches Dragonite but Dragonite will learn to obey Iris with Drayden providing some expertise. Axew will evolve in the last battle against Goergia.

Cilan catches a shiny Volbeat and Illumise. and contiues along with Ash to continue becoming an S-Class Connisueur (hoping I spelled it right :D )

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

SHOULD AXEW EVOLVE?

I think he should evolve. He's probably the weakest pokemon on the main cast

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
I think he should evolve. He's probably the weakest pokemon on the main cast

Don't hold your breath, we'd be lucky to see a Onondo/Fracture by the time Iris leaves the cast........

Edit: Ah, yes, let's not forget the required reason for the speculation, well, Kibago's development seems to be mirroring the development of his forefather, Haruka's Bursyamo.

Last edited:
Axew has no reason to evolve now that Iris has Dragonite. He'll be serving the purpose as Iris's fully evolved Dragon and Axew will remain her cute baby dragon.

The dream excuse is getting old. It hasn't been mentioned since that one episode in early BW, so I'm betting the writers changed their minds about Axew evolving.

Oshawott and Axew are the mascots for Ash and Iris respectively, and I don't see an evolution coming out of either of them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.