• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grey Wind

Oh look, Juputoru's back. :>

1st post! so I'll start with a question:

SHOULD AXEW EVOLVE?

I think it should, but toward the end of her run on the cast, I'd let it come back a haxorus in Gen 6
He should evolve, but like Oshawott, I don't think that means that he will. I honestly think that it'll stay as an Axew until like, the last episode, just like May's Combusken. It wouldn't be ideal, but yeah, that's the most likely scenario that I can see happening.

I'd much rather that Axew got jealous of Dragonite or something an evolved in the near future, and then again into Haxorus near the end of the saga, but I don't see it as likely. Axew has fallen into the mascot pit, so I doubt he'll be evolving any time soon.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
1st post! so I'll start with a question:

SHOULD AXEW EVOLVE?

I think it should, but toward the end of her run on the cast, I'd let it come back a haxorus in Gen 6

He is not that popular compared to the other cute little guys but he is Iris hair acessory and needs to be kidnapped every 20/30 episodes, so probably won't evolve.

He should atleast once since thats his dream, maybe he does it at the end of the region, otherwise I don't see it happening, even though like I said apparently(judging by the amount of merch it gets) he isn't that popular.

Could we possibly ban Oshawott discussion? It seems like 99% of the arguments here stem from Ash's Oshawott, so maybe if we made it against the rules to discuss him, we could cut down on flame wars and such? All I know is that the Oshawott evolution debates are redundant since nobody but the writers/producers know if/when he'll evolve.

Haha :D.

Oh look, Juputoru's back. :>

He should evolve, but like Oshawott, I don't think that means that he will. I honestly think that it'll stay as an Axew until like, the last episode, just like May's Combusken. It wouldn't be ideal, but yeah, that's the most likely scenario that I can see happening.

I'd much rather that Axew got jealous of Dragonite or something an evolved in the near future, and then again into Haxorus near the end of the saga, but I don't see it as likely. Axew has fallen into the mascot pit, so I doubt he'll be evolving any time soon.

Dat Danganronpa avatar :D

Yup I can only see it happening that way.

That would actually be a cool development, Iris starts overusing Dragonite and ignores Axew, Axew starts to get pissed about it.

He could even become agressive to Iris and other pokemon, that would be a great way to develop the little guy, Iris and maybe throwing Scraggy and Dragonite into there but yeah not going to happen.

Last edited:
If Axew is to evolve, I'd guess it'd be a real late evolution. And if it's to become a Haxorus during this series, it'd probably be a rush evolution similar to what we've seen with Mamoswine, Charizard, etc. We still have at least a year and something months till gen 5 should be over. That seems to be enough time to still allow a late evolution like that. And tbh, as the episodes are winding down, it shouldn't matter that Axew wouldn't be marketable or won't be able to fit in Iris' hair, etc. because it shouldn't really matter late in the game when the attention would probably be focused on ending the series and getting ready to start the new series. I do hope to see Scraggy evolve by the end as well to sort of show that both Axew and Scraggy have grown up and evolved into powerhouse pokemon that their respective trainers can rely on and maybe we'd see a final battle between them like we did with Sceptile vs. Blaziken. That'd be a nice ending match for BW2 imo.

Grey Wind

That would actually be a cool development, Iris starts overusing Dragonite and ignores Axew, Axew starts to get pissed about it.

He could even become agressive to Iris and other pokemon, that would be a great way to develop the little guy, Iris and maybe throwing Scraggy and Dragonite into there but yeah not going to happen.
My only qualm is that it would be a bit of a rehash of the May/Torchic story, but then again so much on this show is rehashed and the scenario works pretty well. I dunno if I'd like the little guy to become aggressive, because it would be totally out of character, and Dragonite seems to have temper problems already.

I'd love if he evolved to save Iris and Dragonite (and maybe Scraggy) after the latter was defeated by some marauding wild Pokemon. It'd really show his growth in my opinion (although it'd probably involve ANOTHER kidnapping story, but what are you gonna do.)

If Axew is to evolve, I'd guess it'd be a real late evolution. And if it's to become a Haxorus during this series, it'd probably be a rush evolution similar to what we've seen with Mamoswine, Charizard, etc. We still have at least a year and something months till gen 5 should be over. That seems to be enough time to still allow a late evolution like that. And tbh, as the episodes are winding down, it shouldn't matter that Axew wouldn't be marketable or won't be able to fit in Iris' hair, etc. because it shouldn't really matter late in the game when the attention would probably be focused on ending the series and getting ready to start the new series. I do hope to see Scraggy evolve by the end as well to sort of show that both Axew and Scraggy have grown up and evolved into powerhouse pokemon that their respective trainers can rely on and maybe we'd see a final battle between them like we did with Sceptile vs. Blaziken. That'd be a nice ending match for BW2 imo.
I always wanted something like that to happen, but I don't really like the idea of Ash getting an awesome Pokemon like Scrafty only for it to be used in one battle. 8|

I hope we get a final battle between Ash and Iris at the end of BW, though, regardless if there are evolutions or not.

I always wanted something like that to happen, but I don't really like the idea of Ash getting an awesome Pokemon like Scrafty only for it to be used in one battle. 8|

I hope we get a final battle between Ash and Iris at the end of BW, though, regardless if there are evolutions or not.

When I said I wanted Scraggy to evolve by the end, I didn't really mean that it'd evolve really late and have one battle. I could see it being one of Ash's last evolutions, have a couple of battles in whatever Ash is doing at that point in the anime, and it's final battle would be an Ash vs. Iris good-bye battle. Speaking of Scrafty, I would love to see Head Smash as a move to replace Headbutt. It'd be such an epic move to have. And replace Leer with a dark move and a potential Scrafty for Ash would be the ideal Scrafty for at least me to see.

Zariful

it pretty much is. its snivys signature attack, like pikachu and thunderbolt. its not going anywhere

u mean the signature that fails a portion of the time . To me it's seems like the first move to lose
hmmm I feel like doing move sets now

Pikachu- we already know what this will be
Unfezant - Air Cutter , Aerial Ace , Heat Wave(gust replacement) , Quick Attack(if it really has to stay)/Sky Attack/Facade
Samurott- Hydro Pump , Razor Shell , Ice Beam and Megahorn
Pignite/Emboar- Flamethrower , Fire Pledge , Wild Charge/Thunder Punch , Brick Break/Scald (depending if it evolves )
Snivy/Servine - Leaf Storm , Aqua Tail , Vine Whip/Leaf Blade , Hidden Power
Scraggy/Scrafty - Headbutt , HJK , Focus Blast , Payback
Leavanny - Energy Ball , Solarbeam , string Shot , x scissor
Seismistoad - Hydro Pump , Mud Shot , Supersonic , Drain Punch
Boldore - rock smash , flash cannon , rock blast , sandstorm ( ash has been relying on status a lot this region)
Krookodile- Stone edge , crunch , dig , outrage/Foul Play
Possible Meloetta - Relic Song , Close Combat , Psychic and Hyper Voice(suiting )

Last edited:

Snorby

Snorby
it pretty much is. its snivys signature attack, like pikachu and thunderbolt. its not going anywhere

Pikachu uses Thunderbolt ever episode it battles in since learning the move in early Kanto. Snivy hasn't used it with success since it's first battle with Servine IIRC.

Your argument is invalid.

After hearing about the TR Radio and that one of the guests was Wobbuffet, I really wish we get to see it come back as the 4th TR member. Especially now that we're seeing old gen pokemon again. Tbh, TR's role in BW kinda makes me miss seeing them. Maybe not as much as they did but I would've love to see them a bit more here where we can see more of their pokemon in action. Although I guess since we're having a TR arc sometime after the World Tournament, we might see them with more pokemon battles. Initially, I did want to see them with their old pokemon but I wanna see more from their current pokemon in this next arc first. Then whatever might happen later with them (assuming this new arc isn't their end), then we could possibly see their old pokemon again. I would love to see Seviper too as well as Carnivine. Mime Jr. I could live without tbh but if it evolves, I wouldn't mind seeing it again.

Zariful

Pikachu uses Thunderbolt ever episode it battles in since learning the move in early Kanto. Snivy hasn't used it with success since it's first battle with Servine IIRC.

it used it with Success against Palpitoad and Emboar(later broken) but still I agree with u just saying something is a signature without valid proof is no argument . Sorry Ace but the snorlax wins this round

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Axew has no reason to evolve now that Iris has Dragonite. He'll be serving the purpose as Iris's fully evolved Dragon and Axew will remain her cute baby dragon.

The dream excuse is getting old. It hasn't been mentioned since that one episode in early BW, so I'm betting the writers changed their minds about Axew evolving.

Oshawott and Axew are the mascots for Ash and Iris respectively, and I don't see an evolution coming out of either of them.

There's been no statement in the animé that Axew's dream has changed. It's only you who thinks that the excuse is getting old or somehow not relevant anymore.

And Axew has no reason to evolve because Iris now has Dragonite? It has no reason to want to fulfill its dream anymore now that Iris has another dragon? Say what? That's lame logic right there...

Ahh a new thread has been made :3
Time for some speculating then!
Axew: The merchandise seems to have no effect, it was for August and August is the Junior Cup... Also Bianca didn't even appear so what's with the Emboar in the merchandise O_O
- SNIP -

Not so much! :D

The Junior Cup has suffered a two week break. Meaning that the second September title may still be relevant to the merchandise.

Likely original plan of broadcasting:
- August 2nd: Junior Cup 1 [The Junior Cup Gets Underway! Dragonite vs. Beartic!!]
- August 9th: Junior Cup 2 [Power Battle! Iris vs. Dawn!!]
- August 16th: Junior Cup 3 [Ash, Iris and Trip! Final Battle!!]
- August 23rd: Junior Cup 4 [Most likely the finals continued and the Alder battle]
- August 30th: Probably not a Junior Cup Episode

Actual plan now with breaks:
- August 2nd: Junior Cup 1
- August 9th: Break
- August 16th: Break
- August 23rd: Junior Cup 2
- August 30th: Junior Cup 3
- September 6th: Junior Cup 4
- September 13th: Not a Junior Cup Episode that should've originally aired in August, but didn't due to breaks.

See, the August merchandise could still be legit until September 13th rolls along. That being said, merchandise being off a few episode isn't uncommon.

No, all Iwane said was that he personally didn't expect it to evolve, but then said right after that that he didn't expect Trip's Gurdurr to evolve either, so Boldore evolving is still up in the air.

Oh, I didn't know that! Okay, so now we can speculate on Gigalith again. That's good because I still think that Boldore needs an extra push in order to be ready for the league! :D

Attract isn't a certainty to stay, and could possibly be replaced with Grass Pledge.

Judging from the fact that Fire Pledge involves Pignite slamming the ground with its fist, I could see Leaf Blade being replaced for Grass Pledge, considering how its also a smacking move with its tail: Snivy hits the floor with its tail and columns of grass/weeds start to appear from the ground..

Snivy:
- Attract
- Grass Pledge
- Vine Whip
- Leaf Storm/Twister

True, but it was her signature counter against bigger and stronger Pokemon, if she evolves she wouldn't really need it anymore.
Also with the exception of Emboar its basically always an instant-win or fail move, so as a Servine/Serperior she'd have no reason to keep it

Actually see all 3 starters evolving at least once and learning their pledge moves, maybe even showing off the combined effects in Double/Triple Battles

Bigger pokemon? Didn't know Pikachu, Oshawott, Tepig were that much bigger then it.. Nor Clay's Palpitoad.. She just fights a lot of big pokemon because the writers want to establish her as the mini-powerhouse, or Buizel/Corphish if you may. Thereby reinforcing my claim that it is unlikely to evolve.

Prince Gay? xD
I'm sure it's a typo, but it made me laugh (I'm sorry xD)
The August merchandise gave me hope for Scrafty, Emboar and Fraxure, but it trolled me :(
I think I might ignore merchandise now unless it's directed at Best Wishes directly....

With the two very prominent breaks in August, should we really give up already? I'd say wait for the second September title and we're done. The second title in September could still be what they originally meant to air in August. And that being said, a little bit of postponed merchandise isn't that uncommon.

He is not that popular compared to the other cute little guys but he is Iris hair acessory and needs to be kidnapped every 20/30 episodes, so probably won't evolve.

He should atleast once since thats his dream, maybe he does it at the end of the region, otherwise I don't see it happening, even though like I said apparently(judging by the amount of merch it gets) he isn't that popular.

Yup I can only see it happening that way.

That would actually be a cool development, Iris starts overusing Dragonite and ignores Axew, Axew starts to get Combusken about it.

I like that scenario, especially with Dragonite and Scraggy being involved.. It Cynthia's still around, that could work wonders as well.

But how much does Snivy battle anyway? Her only official wins are against Georgia's Pawniard and Clay's Palpitoad, and Heatmor and Emboar by extension.. She couldn't use it succesfully against Pawniard and Emolga because Ash knew those to be female.. She used it succesfully on Heatmor, and thereby caused Emboar to inflict damage on a teammate in order to break the spell. She's used it in her second battle with Servine as well, but failed. She uses it in almost all of her battles in which it logically could be used (or tested first). Therefore the argument is valid whether it is succesful or not.

Last edited:

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Axew has no reason to evolve now that Iris has Dragonite. He'll be serving the purpose as Iris's fully evolved Dragon and Axew will remain her cute baby dragon.

What is your obsession with Kibago? He should evolve...that's part of her dream is to evolve him. ~.~

The dream excuse is getting old. It hasn't been mentioned since that one episode in early BW, so I'm betting the writers changed their minds about Axew evolving.

Yeah the only reason is because right now the animators are too lazy to edit it out of her hair. That still doesn't mean they've changed their minds. -_-

Oshawott and Axew are the mascots for Ash and Iris respectively, and I don't see an evolution coming out of either of them.

Wott? I think you mean Pikachu, good friend. -_-

Snorby

Snorby
Edit to the people saying that Attract isn't Snivy's signature move:
1. The title was: 'Snivy - Captured by Attract'
- How many pokemon that had a move named in their capture episode title not have it be their signature move? The other being Boldore and Flash Cannon.
2. What other move would be her signature otherwise?
- Leaf Storm? Torterra and Sceptile..
- Vine Whip? Bulbasaur and Bayleef..
- Leaf Blade? Sceptile..
3. Used against the vast majority of her opponents:
- Pikachu, Oshawott, Tepig, and Pidove eventhough it was female.
- Servine and Frillish, and Servine again.
- Minccino.
- Pawniard, eventhough it was female.
- Clay's Palpitoad and Excadrill.
- Suwama's Emboar

Not used on:
- Wild Scolipede
- Gothitelle as it was obviously female
- Wild Simisear
- Bianca's Pignite
- Koharu's Gothita as it was obviously female.

So, that's not used on two because they were obviously female, and not used on two others because they were wild and the situation didn't call for Attract, but more for Vine Whip (rescueing). The only instance where we didn't see Snivy using Attract was vs. Pignite, which was largely offscreen.

Thereby the argument stands. It doesn't matter if it is used succesfully or not. It's still used eitherway and makes Snivy stand out from the other Grass-types.

There's been no statement in the animé that Axew's dream has changed. It's only you who thinks that the excuse is getting old or somehow not relevant anymore.

And Axew has no reason to evolve because Iris now has Dragonite? It has no reason to want to fulfill its dream anymore now that Iris has another dragon? Say what? That's lame logic right there...

Not so much! :D

The Junior Cup has suffered a two week break. Meaning that the second September title may still be relevant to the merchandise.

Likely original plan of broadcasting:
- August 2nd: Junior Cup 1 [The Junior Cup Gets Underway! Dragonite vs. Beartic!!]
- August 9th: Junior Cup 2 [Power Battle! Iris vs. Dawn!!]
- August 16th: Junior Cup 3 [Ash, Iris and Trip! Final Battle!!]
- August 23rd: Junior Cup 4 [Most likely the finals continued and the Alder battle]
- August 30th: Probably not a Junior Cup Episode

Actual plan now with breaks:
- August 2nd: Junior Cup 1
- August 9th: Break
- August 16th: Break
- August 23rd: Junior Cup 2
- August 30th: Junior Cup 3
- September 6th: Junior Cup 4
- September 13th: Not a Junior Cup Episode that should've originally aired in August, but didn't due to breaks.

See, the August merchandise could still be legit until September 13th rolls along. That being said, merchandise being off a few episode isn't uncommon.

Oh, I didn't know that! Okay, so now we can speculate on Gigalith again. That's good because I still think that Boldore needs an extra push in order to be ready for the league! :D

Judging from the fact that Fire Pledge involves Pignite slamming the ground with its fist, I could see Leaf Blade being replaced for Grass Pledge, considering how its also a smacking move with its tail: Snivy hits the floor with its tail and columns of grass/weeds start to appear from the ground..

Snivy:
- Attract
- Grass Pledge
- Vine Whip
- Leaf Storm/Twister

Bigger pokemon? Didn't know Pikachu, Oshawott, Tepig were that much bigger then it.. Nor Clay's Palpitoad.. She just fights a lot of big pokemon because the writers want to establish her as the mini-powerhouse, or Buizel/Corphish if you may. Thereby reinforcing my claim that it is unlikely to evolve.

With the two very prominent breaks in August, should we really give up already? I'd say wait for the second September title and we're done. The second title in September could still be what they originally meant to air in August. And that being said, a little bit of postponed merchandise isn't that uncommon.

I like that scenario, especially with Dragonite and Scraggy being involved.. It Cynthia's still around, that could work wonders as well.

But how much does Snivy battle anyway? Her only official wins are against Georgia's Pawniard and Clay's Palpitoad, and Heatmor and Emboar by extension.. She couldn't use it succesfully against Pawniard and Emolga because Ash knew those to be female.. She used it succesfully on Heatmor, and thereby caused Emboar to inflict damage on a teammate in order to break the spell. She's used it in her second battle with Servine as well, but failed. She uses it in almost all of her battles in which it logically could be used (or tested first). Therefore the argument is valid whether it is succesful or not.

Not really. Saying only official battles count is pretty BS, because about 75% of battles in the anime are unofficial. Attract has one snivy 2 serious battles. Thunderbolt has one Pikachu Hundreds. So there is no comparison.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Why are you talking about succesrate with Attract? That doesn't matter when considering what move is its signature. Heck, it's a move that would fail half of the time anyway... -.-

I didn't say only official battles count, so you calling BS, is pretty BS yourself. I've notably included Snivy's battles with wild pokemon as well: Scolipede, Minccino (not captured yet), and Simisear.

As I've said, there's probably no comparison, but arguing that Attract isn't Snivy's signature move is pretty stupid.

So when you haven't countered point three in its entirety, and even twisted my words to make it seem that you're right, you haven't even countered point one and two.

Lol, it doesn't matter if it worked succesfully or not. The fact that it is used as much makes it clear that it is the signature attack. Your iirc is far off the mark and not even relevant because you're making it sound as if she hasn't used the move since BW10, when the last succesful use of it was in BW79 or something. The only real thing you can argue is the comparison to Pikachu, but not the argument that Attract is Snivy's signature or not, because it's pretty much clear it is.

It used it with Success against Palpitoad and Emboar(later broken) but still I agree with u just saying something is a signature without valid proof is no argument . Sorry Ace but the snorlax wins this round

How is his MMS correct when his statement is pretty much flawwed? Sure, it isn't as used as consequently as Pikachu's Thunderbolt, but still, it has used it in every battle that we've seen in full. Meaning that it excludes Ash's battle vs. Pignite, as the majority was offscreen and two battles with wild pokemon, and three with pokemon that were confirmed female already.

The arguments:

1. The title was: 'Get Snivy with Attract'
- How many pokemon that had an attack mentioned in their capture episode title haven't had it be their signature move?
- The other being Roggenrola, who's standout move pretty much is Flash Cannon, but it also referenced the cannon Team Rocket was building..

- Leaf Storm? Torterra and Sceptile have it..
- Vine Whip? Bulbasaur and Bayleef have it..
- Leaf Blade? Sceptile has it, and spammed it throughout Hoenn/BF..

- Minccino.
- Suwama's Emboar

Not used on:
- Wild Scolipede
- Wild Simisear
- Bianca's Pignite
- Elesa's Emolga as it was confirmed female.

So, that's not used on two because they were obviously female, and not used on two others because they were wild and the situation didn't call for Attract, but more for Vine Whip (rescueing). The only instance where we didn't see Snivy using Attract was vs. Pignite, which was largely offscreen.

Thereby the argument stands. It doesn't matter if it is used succesfully or not. It's still used eitherway and makes Snivy stand out from the other Grass-types.

Last edited:

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
Since I cant really bother to find all the images links I'll just write down the teams :p
Ash by the end of 5 gen:
Pikachu - Unfezant - Oshawott/Samurott (not Dewott because Oshawott is super marketable and I don't think they would keep him in a not-so marketable stage) - Emboar (yep :p) - Snivy/Serperior (See Oshawott) - Scrafty - Leavanny - Palpitoad/Seismitoad (Depends of Oshawott I think) - Boldore - Krookodile

Iris:
Fraxure (maybe in the last battle like Combusken) - Excadrill - Emolga - Dragonite - Deino (She already has a last stage and I am assuming she will have a second stage so why not a first stage)

Cilan:
Pansage - Crustle - Stunfisk - Liepard (Captured as Purrloin to lose the fear and ends up evolving) - ????

Dialga's twin

I'm glad somebody else thought that, too! When the final-evolved forms of the starters were first revealed, I thought they were fake. I thought Samurott looked like Dialga, I thought Emboar looked kind of like Rhyperior, and I thought Serperior kind of looked like a Seviper or something.

Gentleman Skeleton

So refresh my memory, what is the merchandise for August?

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Why are you talking about succesrate with Attract? That doesn't matter when considering what move is its signature. Heck, it's a move that would fail half of the time anyway... -.-

I didn't say only official battles count, so you calling BS, is pretty BS yourself. I've notably included Snivy's battles with wild pokemon as well: Scolipede, Minccino (not captured yet), and Simisear.

As I've said, there's probably no comparison, but arguing that Attract isn't Snivy's signature move is pretty stupid.

So when you haven't countered point three in its entirety, and even twisted my words to make it seem that you're right, you haven't even countered point one and two.

Lol, it doesn't matter if it worked succesfully or not. The fact that it is used as much makes it clear that it is the signature attack. Your iirc is far off the mark and not even relevant because you're making it sound as if she hasn't used the move since BW10, when the last succesful use of it was in BW79 or something. The only real thing you can argue is the comparison to Pikachu, but not the argument that Attract is Snivy's signature or not, because it's pretty much clear it is.

How is his MMS correct when his statement is pretty much flawwed? Sure, it isn't as used as consequently as Pikachu's Thunderbolt, but still, it has used it in every battle that we've seen in full. Meaning that it excludes Ash's battle vs. Pignite, as the majority was offscreen and two battles with wild pokemon, and three with pokemon that were confirmed female already.

The arguments:

1. The title was: 'Get Snivy with Attract'
- How many pokemon that had an attack mentioned in their capture episode title haven't had it be their signature move?
- The other being Roggenrola, who's standout move pretty much is Flash Cannon, but it also referenced the cannon Team Rocket was building..

- Leaf Storm? Torterra and Sceptile have it..
- Vine Whip? Bulbasaur and Bayleef have it..
- Leaf Blade? Sceptile has it, and spammed it throughout Hoenn/BF..

- Minccino.
- Suwama's Emboar

Not used on:
- Wild Scolipede
- Wild Simisear
- Bianca's Pignite
- Elesa's Emolga as it was confirmed female.

Thanks for the argument. Honestly, I don't think that Snivy will get any more moves even if she fully evolves. It seems to me that they gave her the absolute perfect moves right from the start. Attract is the move that sets her apart from all of Ash's other Grass-types, it's even a unique move among all of Ash's Pokemon that gives her a special little niche in special situations. Leaf Storm is arguably the best ranged Grass move available to her, Leaf Blade is the best physical Grass move for her, and Vine Whip has incredible versatility and tons of both in-battle and out-of-battle uses. Climbing cliffs, pulling people out of rivers/grain bins/pitfalls/other such things, breaking up arguments between other Pokemon, etc. All in all, basically the perfect moveset.

jrizza88

Meteorite
Thanks for the argument. Honestly, I don't think that Snivy will get any more moves even if she fully evolves. It seems to me that they gave her the absolute perfect moves right from the start. Attract is the move that sets her apart from all of Ash's other Grass-types, it's even a unique move among all of Ash's Pokemon that gives her a special little niche in special situations. Leaf Storm is arguably the best ranged Grass move available to her, Leaf Blade is the best physical Grass move for her, and Vine Whip has incredible versatility and tons of both in-battle and out-of-battle uses. Climbing cliffs, pulling people out of rivers/grain bins/pitfalls/other such things, breaking up arguments between other Pokemon, etc. All in all, basically the perfect moveset.

Snivy can learn Power whip to replace vine whip. Maybe it can have some sort of extra animated sound/image to make it look more powerful than vine whip. Perhaps one of her grass type attacks will eventually be replaced by something stronger, or non grass type attack?

*EDIT* Just realized the Snivy line isn't supposed to be able to learn it? Maybe they can just give it as an illegal move, since Unfezant has one (unless it isn't anymore under BW2).

Last edited:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Snivy can learn Power whip to replace vine whip. Maybe it can have some sort of extra animated sound/image to make it look more powerful than vine whip. Perhaps one of her grass type attacks will eventually be replaced by something stronger, or non grass type attack?

*EDIT* Just realized the Snivy line isn't supposed to be able to learn it? Maybe they can just give it as an illegal move, since Unfezant has one (unless it isn't anymore under BW2).

No. If anything gets replaced, Leaf Blade can.
Unfezant doesn't have Wing Attack anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.