• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman_dustin

Considering this isn't going to happen before the league occurs, that this might not at all happen. But it would've been nice if this had been Ash league team. At the very least it can still be his final 5th gen team before sixth generation.

Pikachu: Confirmed
Electro Ball (hope they replace it for a cooler sixth gen move to make up for the fact they screwed volt tackle over)
Thunderbolt
Quick Attack
Iron tail (which I hope they replace with a fighting type move next gen).

Unfezant- Confirmed
Sky Attack
Aerial Ace
Air Cutter
Heat Wave (one of Ash's normal/flying types should have a fire type move). Be lucky I kept Aerial ace, or that one would've been replaced for heat wave.

Dewott- I still think that it would've been ultimately better for all three starters to be in their middle form than something like: Emboar, Snivy, and Oshawott.
Hydro Pump
Aqua Jet
Razor Shell
Night Slash (well, I couldn't think of anything)

Pignite- Confirmed (or at least Ash has one currently), I never want a situation like Emboar, Snivy, and Oshawott, it doesn't make any sense whatsoever. So no Emboar.
Flamethrower
Flame Charge
Fire Pledge
Arm Thrust (doesn't matter, fighting covers more than normal types plus since both normal and fighting are entirely resisted by ghosts and doesn't any damage, it makes more sense to have a fighting move over normal type moves for Pignite at least).

Servine- Read Dewott and Pignite.
Leaf Storm- Couldn't care to let this one go.
Leaf Blade- I don't know what people's obsession with Leavanny learning yet another grass type move came from, but Energy ball is enough.
Aqua Tail- I don't want to get rid of Vine Whip, but I'm not sure I want to get rid of attract, and I don't want Leaf Storm or even Leaf Blade to be replaced
Attract/Vine Whip- Like I said, I'm not sure that I want to replace attract, but I don't want to replace Vine Whip, vine whip makes more sense considering Servine doesn't need 3 grass types out of four moves only.

Scraggy- I'm fine with Scraggy remaining as it is.
Focus Blast
Hi Jump Kick
Leer
Head Smash- Perfect replacement for headbutt and covers its flying weakness. Only problem is it's kind of risky like Hi Jump Kick.

Leavanny- Confirmed
Energy Ball
String Shot
X-Scissor- Ash's only user of X-scissor has his Gliscor which wasn't a bug type.
Shadow Claw- It's something different and unique, otherwise I guess Silver Wind/Struggle Bug/Signal Beam can be be placed here.

Seismitoad- I have no problem with Dewott and Seismitoad, I don't believe it makes any sense to have either/or.
Hydro Pump
Mud Shot
Hyper Voice
Drain Punch

Boldore- I wanted Gigalith but I have to settle with this especially with all these other changes.
Rock Smash
Sandstorm
Flash Cannon
Rock Blast

Krookodile- Confirmed
Stone Edge
Dig
Crunch
Outrage or Foul Play- Outrage because it's Krookodile, and I'll accept foul play because outside of Outrage, if Ash battles Iris with Krokorok and it evolves, what better way to take down a brute force like Dragonite than foul play which relies on the opponent's attack strength over the user's? But I definitely prefer Outrage.

Lucario/Espeon- I would've like Ash to have both but no. Plus I prefer Lucario over Espeon even if Espeon is my second favorite non legendary psychic type after Gardevoir, and my favorite eeveelution.

Lucario's moveset- Force Palm, Aura Sphere, Bullet Punch, Dragon Pulse.
Espeon's moveset- Psychic, Zen Headbutt, Signal Beam, Shadow Ball (yeah sue me).

In the off chance Meloetta happens:

Relic Song
Close Combat
Psychic
Hyper Voice (if Seimitoad doesn't have it), Hyper beam (if Seismitoad does).

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So refresh my memory, what is the merchandise for August?

I'm curious about this, as well as the rumored October merchandise. I'm skeptical about the latter, which is why I've asked for receipts. I've yet to see any though. Strange.

jrizza88

Meteorite
I'm curious about this, as well as the rumored October merchandise. I'm skeptical about the latter, which is why I've asked for receipts. I've yet to see any though. Strange.

I want to see this merchandise as well. But, would it really even relate to an evolution for Oshawott? If so, then my prediction of Oshawott evolving to save Meloetta may come true. If this fails to happen, I will just sway toward the fact that Oshawott may not ever evolve until the end or something.

dman_dustin

I want to see this merchandise as well. But, would it really even relate to an evolution for Oshawott? If so, then my prediction of Oshawott evolving to save Meloetta may come true. If this fails to happen, I will just sway toward the fact that Oshawott may not ever evolve until the end or something.

Unless Ash catches Meloetta, I don't see Meloetta staying long enough to allow Oshawott to evolve (in that way), since we don't know when Krokorok will evolve, and it will evolve first.

Unless the cool idea of the opening changes when a spoiler has happened. Like after Krokorok evolves, the opening reflects a new spoiler.

Shraeder

It's Lit
Considering this isn't going to happen before the league occurs, that this might not at all happen. But it would've been nice if this had been Ash league team. At the very least it can still be his final 5th gen team before sixth generation.

Electro Ball (hope they replace it for a cooler sixth gen move to make up for the fact they screwed volt tackle over)
Thunderbolt
Quick Attack

Unfezant- Confirmed
Sky Attack
Aerial Ace
Air Cutter
Heat Wave (one of Ash's normal/flying types should have a fire type move). Be lucky I kept Aerial ace, or that one would've been replaced for heat wave.

Dewott- I still think that it would've been ultimately better for all three starters to be in their middle form than something like: Emboar, Snivy, and Oshawott.
Hydro Pump
Aqua Jet
Razor Shell
Night SlashIce Beam (well, I couldn't think of anything)

Pignite- Confirmed (or at least Ash has one currently), I never want a situation like Emboar, Snivy, and Oshawott, it doesn't make any sense whatsoever. So no Emboar.
Flamethrower
Flame Charge
Fire Pledge
Arm Thrust (doesn't matter, fighting covers more than normal types plus since both normal and fighting are entirely resisted by ghosts and doesn't any damage, it makes more sense to have a fighting move over normal type moves for Pignite at least).

Leaf Blade/Vine Whip- I don't know what people's obsession with Leavanny learning yet another grass type move came from, but Energy ball is enough.
Aqua Tail- I don't want to get rid of Vine Whip, but I'm not sure I want to get rid of attract, and I don't want Leaf Storm or even Leaf Blade to be replaced
Attract/Vine WhipLike I said, I'm not sure that I want to replace attract, but I don't want to replace Vine Whip, vine whip makes more sense considering Servine doesn't need 3 grass types out of four moves only.

Focus Blast
Hi Jump Kick
Leer
Head Smash- Perfect replacement for headbutt and covers its flying weakness. Only problem is it's kind of risky like Hi Jump Kick.

Leavanny- Confirmed
Energy Ball
String Shot
X-Scissor- Ash's only user of X-scissor has his Gliscor which wasn't a bug type.
Shadow Claw- It's something different and unique, otherwise I guess Silver Wind/Struggle Bug/Signal Beam can be be placed here.

Seismitoad- I have no problem with Dewott and Seismitoad, I don't believe it makes any sense to have either/or.
Hydro Pump
Mud Shot
Hyper Voice
Drain Punch

Boldore- I wanted Gigalith but I have to settle with this especially with all these other changes.
Rock Smash
Sandstorm
Flash Cannon
Rock Blast

Krookodile- Confirmed
Stone Edge
Dig
Crunch
Outrage or Foul Play- Outrage because it's Krookodile, and I'll accept foul play because outside of Outrage, if Ash battles Iris with Krokorok and it evolves, what better way to take down a brute force like Dragonite than foul play which relies on the opponent's attack strength over the user's? But I definitely prefer Outrage.

Lucario/Espeon- I would've like Ash to have both but no. Plus I prefer Lucario over Espeon even if Espeon is my second favorite non legendary psychic type after Gardevoir, and my favorite eeveelution.

Espeon's moveset- Psychic/Psybeam, Zen HeadbuttSwift, Signal BeamQuick Attack, Shadow Ball (yeah sue me).

Relic Song
Close Combat
Psychic

Changes in bold. I really want Ash to have this team.

As far as I can recall, there's supposed to be Oshawott and its evo line merchandise around October along with the Therian forms and Rayquaza I believe. But tbh, as you've said, they might not relate to an evolution. They might not even refer to an actual appearance at all and just seem to be there because. I mean there's a bunch of merchandise that shows that so they're not really concrete evidence when it comes to evos or even appearances. Who remembers that lunch box with Fraxure but no Axew yet Axew hasn't evolved.

The August set had Pikachu, Emboar, Tympole, Fraxure, Scrafty, and a couple of other pokemon. Can't really remember all of it but as mentioned, it could mean an appearance, it could not. It would be cool, as I initially thought, to see Ash with Emboar and Scrafty for Ash but since Krookodile is the only confirmed evo for now, the August toys probably don't mean anything much either. Or the August and October sets could mean we'll see some of those pokemon in the future, not exactly at the same month but somewhere down the road. Again, toys and merchandise aren't really definitive so just take those with a grain of salt. It gives a slight idea of what we could see in the future but far from 100% of what'll actually go down.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach

Your predictions are all fine and well-reasoned, and I would love to see Ash with Lucario and/or Espeon. The only thing I have to argue relates to the one above. Charizard, Bulbasaur, Squirtle. Yes, I realize that that was a long time ago and the writers have become arguably more sensible since then, but if it happened once, it could happen again. Not that I think it will; I think Ash will wind up with either a) Oshawott/Pignite/Servine, b) Oshawott/Pignite/Serperior, or c) Oshawott/Emboar/Serperior. So yeah, not really a personal problem with the Emboar, Snivy, Oshawott thing, just saying that it makes a bit more sense than you might think.

Snorby

Snorby
Your predictions are all fine and well-reasoned, and I would love to see Ash with Lucario and/or Espeon. The only thing I have to argue relates to the one above. Charizard, Bulbasaur, Squirtle. Yes, I realize that that was a long time ago and the writers have become arguably more sensible since then, but if it happened once, it could happen again. Not that I think it will; I think Ash will wind up with either a) Oshawott/Pignite/Servine, b) Oshawott/Pignite/Serperior, or c) Oshawott/Emboar/Serperior. So yeah, not really a personal problem with the Emboar, Snivy, Oshawott thing, just saying that it makes a bit more sense than you might think.

saying it happened already actually makes it LESS likely, since the starters patterns have never been the same before.

dman_dustin

I didn't mean "it didn't make sense" from the writer's and marketing point of view. But I meant from Ash's Pokemon point of view. Plus I argue that just because it has happened before doesn't mean it makes more sense. People have made the same mistakes before.

It just doesn't make sense to pick and choose one of the starters and give development to them and then completely ignore the other two because of marketability. It's the kind of favoritism that makes "marketing" reasons idiotic.

Because let's assume that kids are narrow minded and can't quite appreciate certain consequences. And let's also assume that Pokemon are real. Is it really the right message to send that Oshawott and Snivy can be strong as they want to be without evolving, and yet Tepig can't afford the luxury and has to evolve to make a difference?

That's the problem, and why it doesn't make any sense. I can accept one of the starters not evolving for that reason, because if you have two starters evolving, at least then it's easier to rationalize that one starter that doesn't evolve is a special case. But when you have only one starter evolving, again it's the ugly "favoritism."

And let's assume that kids don't care about video games too much and like their Pokemon to match the show especially the main characters. If Pignite evolves into Emboar, wouldn't there be something wrong with all these kids having Emboar, and Snivy, and Oshawott? Just kind of seems like an insult to Serperior and Samurott to me, because the show would be implying that these Pokemon aren't good enough for Ash the one who wants to be a Pokemon master.

Shraeder

It's Lit
I didn't mean "it didn't make sense" from the writer's and marketing point of view. But I meant from Ash's Pokemon point of view. Plus I argue that just because it has happened before doesn't mean it makes more sense. People have made the same mistakes before.

It just doesn't make sense to pick and choose one of the starters and give development to them and then completely ignore the other two because of marketability. It's the kind of favoritism that makes "marketing" reasons idiotic.

Because let's assume that kids are narrow minded and can't quite appreciate certain consequences. And let's also assume that Pokemon are real. Is it really the right message to send that Oshawott and Snivy can be strong as they want to be without evolving, and yet Tepig can't afford the luxury and has to evolve to make a difference?

That's the problem, and why it doesn't make any sense. I can accept one of the starters not evolving for that reason, because if you have two starters evolving, at least then it's easier to rationalize that one starter that doesn't evolve is a special case. But when you have only one starter evolving, again it's the ugly "favoritism."

And let's assume that kids don't care about video games too much and like their Pokemon to match the show especially the main characters. If Pignite evolves into Emboar, wouldn't there be something wrong with all these kids having Emboar, and Snivy, and Oshawott? Just kind of seems like an insult to Serperior and Samurott to me, because the show would be implying that these Pokemon aren't good enough for Ash the one who wants to be a Pokemon master.

That's a good point. It's like they are saying to kids to defeat Ghetsis with an Oshawott that knows Tackle and 4 Water moves.

DMerle

Guess who's back

I don't think that's the right way to look at it, it's more there trying to prove it doesn't have to evolve to be strong. And evolution doesn't put them a mark ahead of there past forms, also I'd say it's not an insult to Ash, I mean lets face it his consistently best Pokémon are fully evolved.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
The writers can all go and fall in a ditch if they use that dirt old pattern they used when they sucked even more at writing

It's gonna be Oshawott/Dewott, Pignite, Servine or bust

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
As far as I can recall, there's supposed to be Oshawott and its evo line merchandise around October along with the Therian forms and Rayquaza I believe.

Oh, that merchandise. I completely forgot about that. Anyway, I don't think they mean anything significant. The Oshawott toy is probably Ash's Oshawott, and if I remember correctly, Burgundy's set to appear again soon. So there's a good chance that the Dewott/Samurott toys are meant to represent her Dewott/Samurott. I already predicted that we're going to get an episode where all three members of Oshawott's evolutionary line show up, so there's also a chance that Samurott belongs to someone new (Marlon please).

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach

For the record, when I said that it had happened before, I didn't mean that that meant it made sense for it to happen again. I agree, it really doesn't make sense to me at all, I just meant that it can't be discounted as a possibility.

Honestly, it's quite a conundrum. The anime teaches that all Pokemon are strong, both unevolved and evolved. I guess it's just random chance which ones do and don't. It may seem like ugly favoritism . . . and chances are that it is. Frankly, I don't know.

Zariful

Thunderbolt
Quick Attack

Unfezant- Confirmed
Sky Attack
Aerial Ace
Air Cutter

Hydro Pump
Aqua Jet
Razor Shell
Night Slash (well, I couldn't think of anything)

Flamethrower
Flame Charge
Fire Pledge

Leaf Blade- I don't know what people's obsession with Leavanny learning yet another grass type move came from, but Energy ball is enough.
Attract/Vine Whip- Like I said, I'm not sure that I want to replace attract, but I don't want to replace Vine Whip, vine whip makes more sense considering Servine doesn't need 3 grass types out of four moves only.

Focus Blast
Hi Jump Kick
Leer

Leavanny- Confirmed
Energy Ball
String Shot

Hydro Pump
Mud Shot
Hyper Voice
Drain Punch

Rock Smash
Sandstorm
Flash Cannon
Rock Blast

Krookodile- Confirmed
Stone Edge
Dig
Crunch

Espeon's moveset- Psychic, Zen Headbutt, Signal Beam, Shadow Ball (yeah sue me).

Relic Song
Close Combat
Psychic

we share the same prediction for Unfezant , Krookodile , boldore Meloetta . Pikachu is obvious so he doesn't count. I don't think they'd have Seismistoad appear long enough to learn two new moves so i tihnk supersonic is here to stay unless the writers want to end up keepign it

Last edited:

Shraeder

It's Lit
we share the same prediction for Unfezant , Krookodile , boldore Meloetta . Pikachu is obvious so he doesn't count. I don't think they'd have Seismistoad appear long enough to learn two new moves so i tihnk supersonic is here to stay unless the writers want to end up keepign it

Or Seismitoad learns the two moves during evolution...

dman_dustin

I don't think they'd have Seismistoad appear long enough to learn two new moves

Well like I said, as much as I would love for that to be the league team, I can settle with it being his final 5th generation anime team.

But with many examples that happened, I think it's entirely possible had this any chance of being his league team.

Boldore learned Rock Blast and Rock smash upon evolution.

Noctowl's entire moveset completely upgraded when used in the Sinnoh League, with 3 brand new moves that it never had, of course that's all it used.

Ash's Cyndaquil/Quilava had Flame Wheel evolved to learn eruption and then use aerial ace against Nando's Armaldo (which is technically three brand new moves).

While I do admit that it would be difficult for the writers to take some of those routes with the Unova Pokemon, who really shouldn't be learning moves off screen, but they could pull a Boldore and learn 2 moves upon evolution. Plus most battle evolutions ended up with new moves.

But then again Ash could train his Unova Pokemon before the league in a montage type format which results in them learning new moves.

Meraruba

Imma Axew a question
To start off the new thread, I have new predictions/want list!

Ash-
Pikachu- Thunderbolt/Electro Ball/Iron Tail/Quick Attack
Unfezent- Heat Wave/Aerial Ace/Razor Wind/Sky Attack
Samurott- Shell Blade/Hydro Pump/X-Scissor/Ice Beam
Pignite- Arm Thrust/Flamethrower/Fire Pledge/Rollout
Servine- Vine Whip/Aqua Tail/Leaf Storm/Giga Drain or Poison Tail(if it can learn it)
Scraggy- High Jump Kick/Focus Blast/Payback/Head Smash
Leavanny- Electro Web/String Shot/Leaf Blade/X-Scissor
Palpitoad- Hydro Pump/Mud Bomb/Hyper Voice/Toxic
Boldore- Rock Smash/Power Gem/Rock Blast/Flash Cannon
Krookadile- Dig/Crunch/Stone Edge/Outrage
Riolu- Bullet Punch/Vacuum Wave/Aura Sphere/Iron Head? or Metal Claw
Eevee(Takes to next generation for new evolution>:D) Iron Tail/Shadow Ball/Quick Attack/Swift

Iris-
Axew- Outrage/Dragon Rage/Poison Jab/Giga Impact
Emolga- Air Slash/Electro Ball/Hidden Power/Double Team
Excadrill- Metal Claw/Dig/Drill Run/Bulldoze
Dragonite- Thunder Punch/Flamethrower/Dragon Rush/Air Slash
Either Spheal(Ice Ball/Ice Beam/Water Gun/Body Slam) or Lapras(Ice Beam/Hydro Pump/Signal Beam/Body Slam)
Treecko- Dragon Breath/Leaf Blade/Pound/Bullet Seed

Cilan-
Pansage- Seed Bomb/Crunch/Solar Beam/Dig
Crustle- Rock Wrecker/Smack Down/X-Scissor/Shell Smash
Stunfisk- Thunder/Mud Bomb/Scald/Bounce
Roserade- Sludge Bomb/Weather Ball/Magical Leaf/Sleep Powder
Either Rufflett(Crush Claw/Peck/Brave Bird/Roost) Swablu(Sing/Cotton Guard/Ice Beam/Aerial Ace) or Wingull(Water Gun/Aqua Ring/Sky Attack/Quick Attack)
Mudkip- Water Gun/Mud Shot/Aqua Tail/Super Power

And I'm not sure who but I would love for someone to get the Mienfoo from the games. It would have Swift/Force Palm/Drain Punch/Meditate.

Bianca- No movesets:p
Emboar
Minccino
Escavalier
Marill->Azumarill
Petilil->Lilligant
Munna->Musharna

Shraeder

It's Lit

Ash-
Servine- Vine Whip/Aqua Tail/Leaf Storm/Giga Drain or Poison Tail(if it can learn it)
Eevee(Takes to next generation for new evolution>:D) Iron Tail/Shadow Ball/Quick Attack/Swift

Iris-
Either Spheal(Ice Ball/Ice Beam/Water Gun/Body Slam) or Lapras(Ice Beam/Hydro Pump/Signal Beam/Body Slam)

Cilan-
Either Rufflett(Crush Claw/Peck/Brave Bird/Roost) Swablu(Sing/Cotton Guard/Ice Beam/Aerial Ace) or Wingull(Water Gun/Aqua Ring/Sky Attack/Quick Attack)

And I'm not sure who but I would love for someone to get the Mienfoo from the games. It would have Swift/Force Palm/Drain Punch/Meditate.

Emboar
Minccino
Escavalier
Marill->Azumarill
Petilil->Lilligant
Munna->Musharna

The move sets could use some work...and an attackdex XD

Your Bianca team is perfect though.

You know what would be funny? If/when Ash gets Dewott all the Pokemon fall in love him instead of him falling in love with them XD.

Last edited:

Zariful

Ash-

Iris-

Cilan-

Emboar
Minccino
Escavalier
Marill->Azumarill
Petilil->Lilligant
Munna->Musharna

This is ridonculous! no way excadrill is getting rid of focus blast. and u gave unfezant , palpitoad and leavanny three new moves. maybe two is fine but three no way buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.