• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

LizardonX

Banned
Actually I would argue gen 3 was a paradigm shift as a whole. All gen 5 really bought to the table was a new region and pokemon and items, which are standard for all generations

I agree with you except on the choices of Flying types Ash could have gotten in Unova.

I think that Archeops would have been better for Ash than either Sigilyph or Braviary. Thats because Sigilyph's design in odd (not in a bad way though), and the animators would have had problems making it show facial expressions.

Braviary would have been a dull choice like you said because it is too similar to Staraptor in terms of fighting style, though it does has moves like Rock Slide, Rock Tomb and Shadow Claw which makes it different from Staraptor, but i doubt the writers/animators would have given it those moves if they had made Ash catch Braviary.

Archeops would have been a good choice, because it would have given Ash his first fossil pokemon, his 2nd overall Rock type. Also its movepool is quite good and have many choices (can use 8 types of moves [without considering tutor moves] which are usable without any problem in the anime) and is quite powerful and at the same time can become quite weak as well if its ability is used in the anime.

An Archeops with the following move choices would have been good for Ash (anime-wise),

- Quick Attack
- Wing Attack/Aerial Ace
- Ancientpower/Head Smash
- Dragonbreath/Dragon Pulse/Focus Blast

Archeops would have been a nice choice too. But I suppose most people didn't get the point when I said Ash should have got Skarmory, Altaria, Hochkrow and Sigilyph. They are all flying types but they also carry types that Ash usually doesn't catch. If they had went that way then Ash would have got Pokemon of each type till now.

Btw, Sigilyph could work just like Roggenrola\Boldore.

who would be happy if ash unfrezent got u turn or tailwind

if brock appears again when ash goes back to kanto

do you think he have a blissy an swampert by then

I personally am rooting for Steel Wing or Heat Wave. U-Turn would also be a neat move for it.

I hope not... Chansey and Marshtomp fit Brock well, and they're two of my favorite Pokemon of his.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
What Pokémon does Brock have access to now anyway?

Steelix, Geodude, Crobat, Forretress, Ludicolo, Marshtomp, Sudowoodo, Croagunk and Chansey?

I doubt Geodude will ever evolve, so that leaves Marshtomp, Croagunk and Chansey. Honestly I think that when he eventually appears, his only change will be Blissey. I always felt he should've evolved Happiny a little earlier and then quickly evolved Chansey afterwards, to show off his breeding skills and the happiness of his Pokémon. So if he returns with Blissey and a few of the older members, then that'd be good.

Croagunk, Blissey, Steelix and Marshtomp seems like a likely group for him to return with.. doubt it'll be a full team, even though I would like him to also tag on Crobat and enter a tournament.

Rovian

Kodoku no Koori
Didn't Brock give Onix/Steelix, Geodude, and Crobat to his brother?

At least one of the spots in Brock's party has been taken by a rock-type. He had Onix and Geodude in Kanto and Johto, Bonsly in Hoenn, and Sudowoodo in Sinnoh. If he returns, he would probably have Sudowoodo with him.

crawdauntpro

darksidetrainer
I can see Brock leaving any Rock and Ground types at the Gym for Forrest to use for battles. Therefore I can see him with Chansey/Blissey, Croagunk/Toxicroak, Crobat, Ludicolo and Forretress.

Last edited:
Didn't Brock give Onix/Steelix, Geodude, and Crobat to his brother?.

He leaves pokemon at the gym, where there used by his brother, but there still Brocks pokemon

FlyAsADunsparce

For Onix, Geodude, and Crobat, didn't Brock say something like "they're yours now..." to his brother? Maybe that was only in the dub.

They're still in the family though. Anyone can use it really, but I guess they still belong to Brock. Just like how his mother used Ludicolo and how the Cerulean sisters can all use Seel and the other water types. I mean for Brock to leave his pokémon at the gym and forbid his brother to use them would be even weirder.

Anyway if Brock is ever showing up again I could see him with Croagunk, Blissey (if Chansey evolves), Forretress and Steelix/Sudowoodo.

Last edited:

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
OMG any competitive battler could symphathize with me but whenever I see a blissey I want to punch it in the face.
It's younger Sister Chancey is a lot more evil nowadays then itself

I can see Brock leaving any Rock and Ground types at the Gym for Forrest to use for battles. Therefore I can see him with Chansey/Blissey, Croagunk/Toxicroak, Crobat, Ludicolo, Marshtomp/Swampert and Forretress.
You say he'll leave any Rock and Ground types, yet you think he'll bring Marshtomp with him, despite it being a Ground type

crawdauntpro

darksidetrainer
It's younger Sister Chancey is a lot more evil nowadays then itself

You say he'll leave any Rock and Ground types, yet you think he'll bring Marshtomp with him, despite it being a Ground type

Woops, my bad, EDITED...

crawdauntpro

darksidetrainer
No problem XD It was a pretty good laugh. I don't blame you though, Marshtomp always came off as just a Water type

My thoughts exactly, just had a memory blank, can't believe I didn't do my homework on that one though... LOL

Vanille Fantasy

Yet you give no examples to back up your point.

-One of the major selling points of the gen was that it was a fresh start for pokemon
-New region completely seperate from the last four
-156 new pokemon with zero connections to any from the last four gens
-A deeper, more philosophical story that was actually morally gray
-3 rivals
-Older characters
-Revamped the League
-Revamped the TM/HM system
-Revamped EXP system

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
For Onix, Geodude, and Crobat, didn't Brock say something like "they're yours now..." to his brother? Maybe that was only in the dub.

I will be watching the RAW episode later this evening to clarify exactly what was said, but for now I'm pretty sure he didn't say they now belonged to Forrest.

If anything, its a shared ownership. The only thing completely under Forrest's control is the Gym itself.

lucario750

pokemon master
brock might get swampert if there r an s remakes

an is there reason why croagunk hasnt evolv

you think misty well show up if so you think she have any new or evolved water types

I hope she gets milotic an vaporeon

Predtiction time for ash an company team for N saga

Ash
pikachu done to 6th gen
unfrezent done
servine snivy might evolved later on in N arch
dewot if oshawat evolveds I thought It evolved Into samorut
emboar why not ash usually get the full evolved starters not counting quilava
scrafy going happen egg pokes allways evolveds
levany done
palpatoid/semitoad may evolved not sure thow
boldore/gilath if palpitoad evolveds then boldore might not evolved plus I though the rivals well evolved both of them
Krokodile done

gabite might evolved dont se why not
croconaw pulls cyndaquil an evolveds
meganium please make it happen I want ash with meganium ever since grovyle evolveds
torkal may get evolved 6 gen an evolved

If there ruby an saphfire remakes then
spoink the 1 he be friended
beldum/metang evolveds gets confusion an metal claw upon evolution

Iris
fraxture haxorus I really wanna se this before iris leaves but we probalely see fraxture instead of a haxorus
exadrill done
emogla please learn a flying move any flying move well do
dragonite please learn hurricane
treeckco if there ruby saphfire remake egg from ash sceptile an meganium
denio/swablu/gible the only dragon i see Iris getting
aron she had 1 In her Ingame team

Cilan
pansage down
crustle down
stunkfish down
breloom with technician why not
gallade if he gets lucky to get 2 more capture

Now if there ruby an saphfire remakes I like
to see may an max return

May
blazeiken knows blast burn
beautyfly done
delcatty why not
munchlax/snorelax not sure If he evolved or not
blastoise why woundnt it not evolved
venasur done
swablu/altaria the 1 she befriend
swanna really want her with 1 it be perfect unova pokemon for her

Max
treeckco/grovyle/sceptile he said he wanted 1
ralts/kirla/gallade/gardevior the 1 he befriended it may evolved not sure If the ralts a boy or girl
zigzagone 1 he befriend
mightyama 1 he befriended
shromish 1 he befriended
mudkip why not
elekid suits him
tailow why not
charmander egg parents ash zard an charla

Last edited:

Zariful

After losing the ability to go on serebii for a while. I'm back. Now it's ranting time. CURSE U WRITERS WHY U GIVE KROOKODILE AERIAL ACE!. HIS MOVE-SET WAS PERFECT . Though on a brighter note it may mean unfezant will showcase another move.

rootsofjustice

After losing the ability to go on serebii for a while. I'm back. Now it's ranting time. CURSE U WRITERS WHY U GIVE KROOKODILE AERIAL ACE!. HIS MOVE-SET WAS PERFECT . Though on a brighter note it may mean unfezant will showcase another move.

How much do you want to bet the writers wrote out Crunch for Krookodile so that Scraggy could evolve and learn it?

Status
Not open for further replies.