• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
It's probably Ash's, it's hovering right near Ash in the poster and every Pokemon that isn't Charizard is near its trainer. Ash is also missing a sixth mascot which would usually be filled by the very cute and marketable Scraggy. Though I agree, Cilan's team could use some fresh blood.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Ugh. I HOPE it's not Ash's. At the very least if Dento was to capture it, it'd mean he'd have an episode coming up soon. ;-; Believe me, you get desperate when the most your favorite character does in like 30 episodes is get sprayed by a Ducklett. >.>

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Ugh. I HOPE it's not Ash's. At the very least if Dento was to capture it, it'd mean he'd have an episode coming up soon. ;-; Believe me, you get desperate when the most your favorite character does in like 30 episodes is get sprayed by a Ducklett. >.>

I must say, that Sableye would be up his alley.. The odd double typing, not really cute, but strangely marketable.. Falls right inline with Crustle and Stunfisk if you'd ask me.

Last edited:

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
All aboard the hype train, time for move speculation if this is indeed Ash's.

Male (Prankster....or Stall..Prankster please though)
-Will-O-Wisp
-Shadow Sneak
-Trick
-Nothing

Personality, Sableye is a mischievous Pokemon who Ash meets after it plays a prank on Oshawott/Scraggy/Charizard/Cilan/Iris. Naturally Ash wants to get Sableye to scold it for doing a mean thing, he uses Scraggy/Oshawott who is knocked unconscious by Sableye. After some plot-ty stuff they have a rematch where Ash captures it. It uses Shadow Sneak to trip Oshawott/Scraggy and laughs about it. It also uses Trick to take Oshawott's scalchop which leads to its defeat at Sableye's hands. Cilan comments Sableye has no natural weaknesses and Ash is surprised. Later on in a rematch Oshawott's scalchop is tricked away again but Oshawott uses his knowledge of non-scalchop battling from the Stephan debut to beat Sableye and learns Grass Knot.(Which is used to trip Sableye in battle and drop its purloined scalchop, Wins with a point-blank Razor Shell, Sableye Getto Daze!) Done. We know if it is getting caught it will be before the movie at least.

I'm starting to suspect Cilan isn't catching any new Pokemon because his goal isn't development heavy and he's mostly comedic. It's a shame because I really would like him with a Tropius or Gallade. I feel he needs a new Pokemon after making no captures since early Unova.

Last edited:

JD

I'm guessing Sabeleye is Ash's.. it makes sense especially if it gets a new evolution in X and Y

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
Not a fan of Sableye, but it seems like it would go to Ash, especially if it gets an evolution in Gen 6.

Hoping it goes to Cilan.

Edit: NINFIA'D!!!

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
The only downside to Ash catching it is he has a big gang of Pokemon already, but if it's as interesting and fun as Aipom I'd love it. Plus it's a fairly unseen Pokemon and his first Ghost.

I could see it with something like
- Scratch/Fury Swipes
- Shadow Claw/ Ball
- Faint Attack
- Something random like will-o-wisp/Power Gem/Elemental Punch.

That is if it does indeed belong to someone on the main cast

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
The only downside to Ash catching it is he has a big gang of Pokemon already, but if it's as interesting and fun as Aipom I'd love it. Plus it's a fairly unseen Pokemon and his first Ghost.

Maybe if it follows him to the next region, the first part wouldn't be a problem. And then it will leave him to go play some sport

I could see it with something like
- Scratch/Fury Swipes
- Shadow Claw/ Ball
- Faint Attack
- Something random like will-o-wisp/Power Gem/Elemental Punch.

That is if it does indeed belong to someone on the main cast

More than likely Shadow Ball, seeing as it's one of the most overused moves in the anime.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Maybe if it follows him to the next region, the first part wouldn't be a problem. And then it will leave him to go play some sport

Yuck! Aipom deserved better. The subtle development toward Contest was good, the Ping-Pong thing was just awful character derailment of one of my favorite female Pokemon. I don't expect Sableye to do much in Unova, let the Unova Pokemon have their last little time to shine. Sableye hopefully stays on his team in X & Y where I'm hoping he has around 8 or 7 Pokemon in rotation throughout the whole region which hopefully spans a little less than DP length.

Never thought I would be so hyped for a Sableye.......XD I've never really cared for Ghost though. Though I thought Aipom was just a stupid, perpetual grinned monkey before Ash got one.

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
Yuck! Aipom deserved better. The subtle development toward Contest was good, the Ping-Pong thing was just awful character derailment of one of my favorite female Pokemon. I don't expect Sableye to do much in Unova, let the Unova Pokemon have their last little time to shine. Sableye hopefully stays on his team in X & Y where I'm hoping he has around 8 or 7 Pokemon in rotation throughout the whole region which hopefully spans a little less than DP length.

Never thought I would be so hyped for a Sableye.......XD I've never really cared for Ghost though. Though I thought Aipom was just a stupid, perpetual grinned monkey before Ash got one.

Yes, it did. I personally didn't like the trade, but at least it wasn't totally bad writing. I can't say the same for Ping-Pong, though. There was no buildup, no foreshadowing, and happened for no rhyme or reason. Aipom lost its charm before that happened, but that was the final nail in the coffin.

Sableye might grow on me, especially if it has a cool evolution. Aipom, I've always liked :)

For me, I want only 6 Pokemon for him, so the writers can really flesh out all of their personalities and what not.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
For me, I want only 6 Pokemon for him, so the writers can really flesh out all of their personalities and what not.

Agreed. I thought the DP ones were pretty bland later on and didn't care for the stagnate of all of them. So I'd like around an AG-type team. If the series is longer than BW, a rotation of 6/7 Pokemon + Pikachu would be nice.

gliscor&yanmega

Sableye?...Weird. I would like it if it ends up being Ash and taken to the next generation. This would be Ash's first Ghost type too, if he gets it.

I'm interested to see where Sableye leads. Rather it not go to Iris since she already has 4 Pokemon and Sableye doesn't seem really necessary to me for her at this point, maybe if there was more time left for Best Wishes but we're reaching the end. Like wise, I would prefer it not to be Cilan's either for the same reason that we are approaching the end of Best Wishes, of course if one of them were to come with Ash to the next generation it wouldn't be a problem. Regardless, I want Ash with it.

It would be weird if it was just a random Pokemon thrown on the poster considering everything else either belongs to the main cast or is part of the movie with the main roles(Maybe Sableye is the real leader of Genesect or is the one who brought Mewtwo). Still, I'm cautious of this.

Ok if it does belong to someone on the main cast the question is when is it captured. Could any of the upcoming episodes be likely?

It could be in BWS2EN-09 maybe a pokemon captured by plasma that one of the gang helps out. Or maybe it lives in the white ruins and is captured during the Climax

JD

Ok if it does belong to someone on the main cast the question is when is it captured. Could any of the upcoming episodes be likely?

It could be in BWS2EN-09 maybe a pokemon captured by plasma that one of the gang helps out. Or maybe it lives in the white ruins and is captured during the Climax

I'm thinking sometime after the events of episode N.. probably around mid June?

diakyu

I'm betting it gets captured after the climax. Gotta have something to do after the climax.

Beeblebrox

If Sableye gets caught, which seems tremendously likely, I highly doubt it's going to anyone apart from Ash.

This has got the Aipom situation written all over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.