• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only thing is that I'd like to see Serena with a Scatterbug.
And I really hope they'll give Bonnie a pokémon, unlike Max. I think Flabébé would suit her.
Agreed. Scatterbug (and eventually Vivillon) would suit Serena perfectly, and it would also be a sort-of-throwback to May and her Beautifly. I also see Serena with Furfrou, changing its appearance every now and then to her liking.

I was hoping Dedenne being Bonnie's Pokémon, but it looks like its Clemont's. I'd like her to have a cute, marketable Pokémon that doesn't evolve (so I wouldn't have to expect it to evolve at any time and/or get frustrated with it not doing so haha), and I think Dedenne would have been perfect. Flabébé works too, if it's a standalone (for some reason I get that vibe of it).

Manene!

If Bonnie does get a Pokemon, it should be something that does evolve, but isn't likely to. The Piplup or Oshawott of this generation. That way, when it doesn't evolve, it's not a huge deal. Like Chespin. It's cute and marketable. A character like Bonnie is perfect for that. Bonnie likely wouldn't battle much anyway, so her Pokemon sole purpose would be to be cute and get into various things. Then one of Ash's rivals can get it's evolved forms to promote them.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
If Bonnie does get a Pokemon, it should be something that does evolve, but isn't likely to. The Piplup or Oshawott of this generation. That way, when it doesn't evolve, it's not a huge deal. Like Chespin. It's cute and marketable. A character like Bonnie is perfect for that. Bonnie likely wouldn't battle much anyway, so her Pokemon sole purpose would be to be cute and get into various things. Then one of Ash's rivals can get it's evolved forms to promote them.

You just made the argument for why she should get a pokemon that doesn't evolve. Give her like spritzee and Flabebe or something.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Here is hoping that the distribute all the starters this gen again. Even though poor mudkip got ignored in advanced generations, I would still prefer this. Ash rarely doubles up on his starter types (Black and white showing he can, but poorly)

Ash with Pikachu, Fletchling, Froakie
Serenna (for some reason I see her wanting to focus on fashion) with Fennekin, Meowstic, Furfrou
Clemont with Dedenne, Chespin
Bonnie tagging along, with her baby Helioptile, or maybe a Skiddo (I could see her riding it around as the others walk)

Shraeder

It's Lit
I want another gym leader companion that actually just focuses on Pokémon their own type again, with maybe one exception.

Ash
1. Pikachu
2. Fletchling > Talonflame > Final (if it has one)
3. Froakie > Froagdier > Final
4. Chespin > Quilladin
5. ???
6. ???

Serena
1. Fennekin > Braixen
2. Bunnelby > Final (if it only gets one)
3. Pancham
4. ???
5. ???
6. ???

Clemont
1. Dedenne
2. Clauncher > Final (If it becomes Water/Electric)
3. Mareep > Flaaffy > Ampharos *Mega*
4. ???
5. ???
6. ???

Bonnie
Nothing.

I think something along these lines will occur.

dman_dustin

Just not #26. I love that guy. D:

*Cleans face off with a napkin and burps*

Oops sorry.
===

I do wonder what the point of Ash having thirty Tauros is. I mean was it the writers way of saying:

1. Ash can have multiple of one Pokemon
2. Ha ha, gamers, Ash caught Tauros easily, muhahaha suckers.
3. Angus Burgers, anyone?

But seriously it's curious that they didn't weed off most of Ash's Tauros, just leaving him with the strongest one. I know the writers act like when Ash battles with one he only has one, but I think the other 29 just need to disappear, I mean I don't have a problem with them, but it would just be easier to weed them out just leaving Ash with one.

Because what happens when Tauros gets a hypothetical evolution and the writers want to show this, will they leave Ash with 1 evolved Tauros and 1 evolved Tauros, or will they evolve all of the Tauros leaving Ash with 30 evolved Tauros?

Luthor

*Cleans face off with a napkin and burps*

Oops sorry.
===

I do wonder what the point of Ash having thirty Tauros is. I mean was it the writers way of saying:

1. Ash can have multiple of one Pokemon
2. Ha ha, gamers, Ash caught Tauros easily, muhahaha suckers.
3. Angus Burgers, anyone?

But seriously it's curious that they didn't weed off most of Ash's Tauros, just leaving him with the strongest one. I know the writers act like when Ash battles with one he only has one, but I think the other 29 just need to disappear, I mean I don't have a problem with them, but it would just be easier to weed them out just leaving Ash with one.

Because what happens when Tauros gets a hypothetical evolution and the writers want to show this, will they leave Ash with 1 evolved Tauros and 1 evolved Tauros, or will they evolve all of the Tauros leaving Ash with 30 evolved Tauros?

i had a theory on why they gave him 30 tauros. Perhaps they gave him 30 in order to giving him trading stock and then decided against it . I would like them to trade away 10 and give Ash some great reserves but i'm aware it wouldn't happen. Like you say if it ever got an evo they'd probably just evolve 1 and leave the rest alone.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
i had a theory on why they gave him 30 tauros. Perhaps they gave him 30 in order to giving him trading stock and then decided against it . I would like them to trade away 10 and give Ash some great reserves but i'm aware it wouldn't happen. Like you say if it ever got an evo they'd probably just evolve 1 and leave the rest alone.

Truth is, Ash is secretly a cowboy.

dman_dustin

It's weird because in the episode, Ash was close to catching a Rhyhorn, and yet a Tauros popped (pooped, ha) up and took its place. I would've liked to see Ash with just one Tauros and a one Rhyhorn, who knows Ash could've had a strong Rhydon or Rhyperior right now.

Luthor

It's weird because in the episode, Ash was close to catching a Rhyhorn, and yet a Tauros popped (pooped, ha) up and took its place. I would've liked to see Ash with just one Tauros and a one Rhyhorn, who knows Ash could've had a strong Rhydon or Rhyperior right now.

that's true plus they could have also used them to get trade based evolution pokemon like Machamp or Alakazam

Luthor

Serious question:

Jessie's Wobbuffet is supposed to return to the anime, which the XY anime poster practically confirms.

People want Jessie to get....*deep sigh*......Inkay.

Jessie is allowed to have 2 Pokemon while James has none?

well theres no reason jessie and james have to get rid of yamask, woobat, amoonguss and frillish they've still got room to extend their team. They'd just do what they did in bw and only use certains ones for certain occations.

Serious question:

Jessie's Wobbuffet is supposed to return to the anime, which the XY anime poster practically confirms.

That did happen for awhile in B/W. But, she had one and he had none. But, I've seen people say that they want James to get Inkay while Jessie gets Spritzee. So, it's both really.

dman_dustin

well theres no reason jessie and james have to get rid of yamask, woobat, amoonguss and frillish they've still got room to extend their team. They'd just do what they did in bw and only use certains ones for certain occations.

I suppose I could see them having a combination of 6 Pokemon.

But unless Jessie has a goal, I wouldn't like her having 4 Pokemon to James's 2 Pokemon.

I've always hated Jessie for being more Pokemon oriented than James.

I only accepted it because she did contests.

That did happen for awhile in B/W. But, she had one and he had none. But, I've seen people say that they want James to get Inkay while Jessie gets Spritzee. So, it's both really.

Yeah but Team Rocket barely showed up to Ash, and before you knew it, James got Yamask during the third gym. But that was still only like 25th episode (23rd episode, if we go by the updated change of when the Team Plasma Team Rocket episodes were indefinitely postponed, I'd prefer to say banned).

Ilikepiex7

one reason I want Chespin to be Serena's starter is because if Hoenn gets a remake she'll likely get the starter that has a type disadvantage to her starter (May got Bulbasaur and dawn got Cyndaquil) which in this case would be mudkip. People often complain mudkip was mistreated in the anime because it was Brock's pokemon and this could would give it a second chance for the anime to redeem itself.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Serious question:

Probably cuz Jessie is seen as the leader of the trio and does more then James?? Honestly they should just bring all of their pokemon back even if they aren't used, that way they are actually a threat to the twerps.

An00bis

Wicked Witch

James goes the longest without captures or Team changes. He went 22 episodes in Unova with no Pokemon.

Going into Kalos I'd expect him to have at least one of his old ones just like Jessie does. If they each have a Pokemon from the older regions I don't care who catches Inkay.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
James goes the longest without captures or Team changes. He went 22 episodes in Unova with no Pokemon.

Going into Kalos I'd expect him to have at least one of his old ones just like Jessie does. If they each have a Pokemon from the older regions I don't care who catches Inkay.

Mega Carnivine!!!!!!! Honestly, Inkay and Carnivine would make an epic duo..

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
???? said:
This is a tweet from Japanese seiyuu Jouji Nakata, who notices lights of Pikachu and Pochama (which seems to be the building where TV Tokyo's studio) in a tweet earlier today.https://twitter.com/joujinakata123/s...99651224551424So I think they haven't forgotten about Pochama to a degree.
Why TVTokyo are doing that now. It was from last Sunday, not last year.

In another matter, we have hogh quality toys with has been known fr now.

Also, Da 20 is focused on Bulbasaur. Bulbasaur is really popular but is npt featured in pokemon Origin special.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.