• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NFL & NCAA Football Thread

bigpop618

Dragon Trainer
Are you trying to say the Browns would be undefeated if not for injuries? BROFLMAO. I'm sorry but that is ridiculous. Derek Anderson can't lead a team, he's proving that this year, and Jamal Lewis, he isn't what he used to be. I'm sorry but outside of Boldin-Fitzgeralrd, Moss-Stalworth and Harrison-Wayne their isn't a better one-two receiver tandem than Ward-Holmes. Hines Ward is a complete receiver, he runs his routes exceptionally well, rarely drops the ball, is extremely tough (has knocked guys out with blocks), blocks down field (something a lot of receivers can't do), and is a leader for the team. His only flaw is he isn't the fastest of guys, but find me one receiver in the NFL who does all of those things as well as him. Holmes is a big play receiver, and he can also run the quick routes. Who do the Browns have besides Braylon Edwards at receiver, and the TE who can't help but hurt himself on his motorcycle (Kelen Winslow III)?

A better defense than the Steelers, or do you mean a better defense than last year? If the first, LOLWUT? If the second, it isn't that hard to be better than a defense that couldn't stop anyone last year.

Also, I might admit that they have been the equal to the Steelers over the history of the franchise, except for one thing. The team that has been an equal to the Steelers is now in Baltimore! The current iteration of the Browns has been the Steelers ***** since rejoining the league. They haven't been the better team, ever.

woot21 out dawgs

Stallworth is with the Browns. Other than that I agree with you 100%

cbiesra

Pedophillia? Naww.>>
I never once said they'd be undefeated nor did I say full out say they'll win the division for sure.

and you know that reciever comment is definatly outrageous...Hines Ward is just a winey baby who talks his way out of everything and I wouldn't even know who Holmes is if he didn't play in the browns division...

yes I mean last year about the defense, I would have to be a complete idiot to beleive the Browns had a better defense than the Steelers

woot21

super noob
Hines Ward is just a winey baby who talks his way out of everything
Bah ha ha ha ha ha ha. Ward a whiney baby? The only receiver in the league that forces defensive players to have their head on a swivel on run plays for fear of him taking them out? The guy who two years ago made a ridiculous catch after a ball had been popped up and got blasted by a Ravens defender, the kind of hit that looks like it should knock a guy out, only to get up smiling? Yep, sounds a lot like a whiny baby.
I wouldn't even know who Holmes is if he didn't play in the browns division
Same can be said for me about Edwards. Also, people only know who Stalworth is due to the fact that he use to play for the Pats.
I never once said they'd be undefeated nor did I say full out say they'll win the division for sure.
I thought the Steelers would do great and have a head to head matchup with the browns, but the Browns defense is way better(not to mention an already good recieving core), and if it weren't for injuries they'd have a better record
This quote of yours sure makes it sound like you thought they would be, since it is conjunction with the Steelers comment. I mean the undefeated part, since the Steelers are 4-1.

What? The Browns had a shot this year? First time I've heard this outrageous statement.
Didn't SI pick the Browns to win the AFC North this year?

woot21 out dawgs

cbiesra

Pedophillia? Naww.>>
Yes I'll admit Ward is a good reciever but he's a crybaby, he'll never admit he did something even though he did it on purpose as in he's a cheapskate

I knew Stallworth before the Pats and so did most other people...
Edwards is considered a top 5 receiver in the league
behind(in no order) T.O, Marvin Harrison, Randy Moss, Chad Ocho Cinco(unfortunatly)..he may be sixth, I know I'm missing somebody not named Ward

LOLE!!!

Last edited:

woot21

super noob
Yes I'll admit Ward is a good reciever but he's a crybaby, he'll never admit he did something even though he did it on purpose as in he's a cheapskate
So he's gone from being a crybaby to being a cheapskate? Care to explain that?
Edwards is considered a top 5 receiver in the league
behind(in no order) T.O, Marvin Harrison, Randy Moss, Chad Ocho Cinco(unfortunatly)..he may be sixth, I know I'm missing somebody not named Ward
LOLWUT? to the bolded. Edwards better than either Boldin or Fitzgerald? Don't make me laugh. Not only did you forget those two you also forgot Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson, Plaxico Burress, Steve Smith, Hines Ward, Santana "the other" Moss, T. J. Houshmandzadeh, etc. Please give me the reasons why Edwards is so good. Please, I want to hear them.

woot21 out dawgs

cbiesra

Pedophillia? Naww.>>
Boldin or Fitzgerald? Don't make me laugh. Not only did you forget those two you also forgot Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson, Plaxico Burress, Steve Smith, Hines Ward, Santana "the other" Moss, T. J. Houshmandzadeh

the only ones that you can make cases for are the ones I didn't bold
so Fitzgerald, Wayne and Houzmanzadeh

Edwards is almost as explosive as T.O and can catch the deep bomb
He's a great rout runner and amazing speed and agility
he has hight and hops
He lines up better than almost anyone that's covering him...
is that enough for ya?

please give me the reasons why Ward is so good, and how is Big Ben top 3 QBs, I mean top 5, yah, but not top 3
also going back to your Kellen Winslow motorcycle comment didn't Big Ben crash too? How can that comment be made when your star player got hurt the same way as the Brown's star player

Last edited:

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Edwards is almost as explosive as T.O and can catch the deep bomb
He's a great rout runner and amazing speed and agility
he has hight and hops
He lines up better than almost anyone that's covering him...
is that enough for ya?

Too bad he has yet to show any of that this season.

woot21

super noob
also going back to your Kellen Winslow motorcycle comment didn't Big Ben crash too? How can that comment be made when your star player got hurt the same way as the Brown's star player
Winslow did while rehabbing from an injury. Speaking of his first injury, wasn't that also from a motorcycle? He also did it showing off, Big Ben got hit by a car running a red light pretty much.
the only ones that you can make cases for are the ones I didn't bold
so Fitzgerald, Wayne and Houzmanzadeh
Most people consider Boldin better than Fitzgerald, just so you know.
please give me the reasons why Ward is so good
I did already, but I'll give you a couple more reasons. He is a guy whose stats are better than that of both Lynn Swann and John Stallworth. Two HOF, and some of the best receivers of all time. Also he has done all of this on very run heavy teams, except one year with a crappy QB. Want a list of QBs that he has played with? It's amazing he has the stats he does looking at this list.

Steeler QBs since 1998:
Kordell Stewart
Mike Tomzack
Kent Graham
Tommy Maddox
Ben Roethlisberger

These are just the QBs who started reguraly while Ward has been with the Steelers. Only one QB on that list is/was any good.
how is Big Ben top 3 QBs, I mean top 5, yah, but not top 3
Let's see what can Big Ben do? He can lead a team, he can throw the deep ball, he can throw the short routes, he can throw with touch, he can be counted on to do more than just not lose a game (can be counted on to win a game), can do something Manning and Brady can't in escaping the pocket and making a play outside the pocket, can escape pressure, he can scramble if he needs to and will usually only do so if the play is completely broken and no one is open, etc. Also look at his stats the past two years. Then look at how often he was sacked in those two years. If the line had be able to keep him up more often and protect him just think how much better his numbers would have been.

woot21 out dawgs

goliath_unit

What? The Browns had a shot this year? First time I've heard this outrageous statement.
Actually, I've heard this stated quite a few times. People believed that the offensive line was improving due to Joe Thomas (I believe that's his name), Derek Anderson was becoming good (though he had become a one year wonder), and if he didn't play well, Quinn would step in. The Recieving game would most likely improve with Donte Stallworth when they already had Braylon Edwards and an improving TE in Kellen Winslow, and people still trusted Jamal Lewis. Plus, they were 10-6 last year and were kind of screwed over by not making the playoffs last year. People were just worried about the defence, but believed that the offence was going to help this year.

Top 5 Teams in the NFL:
1. New York Giants
2. Tennessee Titans
3. Washington Redskins
4. Dallas Cowboys
5. Pittsburgh Steelers/Denver Broncos

Bottom Five:
28. Kansas City Chiefs
29. Houston Texans (I kinda feel sorried for Roseinfelts, or something like that)
30. Cincinnati Bengals
31. Detroit Lions
32. St. Louis Rams

cbiesra

Pedophillia? Naww.>>
I definatly see what you mean about Winslow and Ben.....and you're winning the arguments
I just don't think Ben is in the top three, atleast not yet
I really don't thinkit's possible to change my opinion on Hines Ward though. I really don't like the guy as a player, he's plays a very dirty game.

Edit:
Plus the Cardnals recievers are never healthy enough to really compare to be honest, I've always heard Fitzgerald was better, but I could be wrong

woot21

super noob
I've always heard Fitzgerald was better, but I could be wrong
Well the two and which of the two is better is debeatable. It seems every couple of weeks the one that is better changes.
I really don't like the guy as a player, he's plays a very dirty game.
He plays a dirty game? When people talk to the players about the people who play dirty Ward is never mentioned, except by a few DBs in the AFC North (Ed Reed), it is mainly Rodney Harrison. Or is a receiver blocking down field dirty?

woot21 out dawgs

cbiesra

Pedophillia? Naww.>>
I just see alot of clipping and holding, the only time I see him play is against the Browns really(and some other important games)
but when I do see him I could call some kind of penaty on him every time

woot21

super noob
I just see alot of clipping and holding, the only time I see him play is against the Browns really(and some other important games)
but when I do see him I could call some kind of penaty on him every time
I know that feeling. Every time I watch any game on TV I swear I see about 40 penalties that go uncalled, whether the Steelers are playing or not. Even more so against teams that are playing the Steelers, or if it is the Browns, Ravens, or Bengals playing. Everyone thinks they see it when their team is playing or a team they don't like is playing. It is very common.

woot21 out dawgs

PsychicPsycho

Some great college games this weekend, especially in the Big 12. The OU/Texas game will be awesome, I hope. Then MU plays OSU. The Tigers need to be careful, or they could lose that one. There's also Kansas/Colorado and Nebraska/Texas Tech.

Then there's Florida/LSU. That'll be good, hopefully. I remember last year's game; LSU went for it on 4th down 4 or 5 times in 1 drive for the win. I would say that Georgia/Tennessee would be good, but Tennessee has been getting killed lately.

Oh, and if you didn't notice, Wake Forest beat Clemson yesterday, so I guess a ranked team can win on Thursday.

Wow! I seriously can't remeber who Travis Henry is! I can name lke a billion football players, but I can't remeber who Travis Henry is..weird.
Well, don't feel too bad. There's the distinct possibility that he ran all over the Chiefs at some point, so I may remember him for that.

Tennesee Titans... undefeated! Or at least I think they are... Second favorite team.
Packers>Titans>Saints
I'm still not used to not rooting for the Packers, since Favre is no longer there.

LOLE!!!
Hahaha

Bottom Five:
28. Kansas City Chiefs
29. Houston Texans (I kinda feel sorried for Roseinfelts, or something like that)
30. Cincinnati Bengals
31. Detroit Lions
32. St. Louis Rams
Both Missouri teams suck horribly this year. The Chiefs are just screwed, I think, until they get a good QB, or at least one that will stop the carousel. Well, either that, or they need to remove the coach or GM, but I understand the coach (Herm Edwards) is friends with the owner or something, so he's probably not going anywhere.

cbiesra

Pedophillia? Naww.>>
Originally posted by woot21
I know that feeling. Every time I watch any game on TV I swear I see about 40 penalties that go uncalled, whether the Steelers are playing or not. Even more so against teams that are playing the Steelers, or if it is the Browns, Ravens, or Bengals playing. Everyone thinks they see it when their team is playing or a team they don't like is playing. It is very common.

And that is why neither of us will ever be a referee. Ever.

Originally posted by PsychicPsycho
Well, don't feel too bad. There's the distinct possibility that he ran all over the Chiefs at some point, so I may remember him for that
yeah. No offense but that is very possible.
But it's also very possible it happened against the browns too

Sk@rmory288

Put User Title Here
Ah, football is always nice to watch.

A shame that the Seahawks are doing soo poorly these days. Hopefully they will win on Sunday. And if they fail, im sure the Steelers won't.

squirrel boy

A.K.A. myrandomness
well i support the Jaguars cuz i live in Jacksonville.
and i dont have a favorite college team, if u ask me college football is bad until drafts

cbiesra

Pedophillia? Naww.>>
Originally posted by Sk@rmory288
A shame that the Seahawks are doing soo poorly these days. Hopefully they will win on Sunday. And if they fail, im sure the Steelers won't
*smells the fresh air* AHHHHHHHH! Optimism! What a horribl-wondurful thing..heh

Last edited:

woot21

super noob
A shame that the Seahawks are doing soo poorly these days. Hopefully they will win on Sunday. And if they fail, im sure the Steelers won't.
The Steelers most assuredly will not fail later today (in Pittsburgh). I am predicting that the Steelers will not lose this week.
and i dont have a favorite college team, if u ask me college football is bad until drafts
I'm sorry but I find this very funny. There is more parody in the NCAA than there is in the NFL, college football has some of the best rivalies in sports (Pitt-Penn State oh wait, how about Pitt-WVU, MU-OSU, ND-USC, Army-Navy, etc.), etc. The only problem with the NCAA BSD is the BCS.

woot21 out dawgs

Haxon22

iJerk
Although were 0-4 right now imma St. Louis Rams fan until I die!

SeaHawk suck V_V