• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NFL & NCAA Football Thread

PsychicPsycho

well i support the Jaguars cuz i live in Jacksonville.
and i dont have a favorite college team, if u ask me college football is bad until drafts
I like the Jaguars most of the time, unless they're playing the Colts.

I didn't like college football until a while back, but I started watching it for some reason. Now it seems like college gives better matchups then NFL, there's so many rivalries and stuff. I don't know that I like college more yet, but it's pretty close if not.

Some great college games this weekend, especially in the Big 12. The OU/Texas game will be awesome, I hope. Then MU plays OSU. The Tigers need to be careful, or they could lose that one. There's also Kansas/Colorado and Nebraska/Texas Tech.

Ok, the Texas/OU game was, in fact, awesome. It definately lived up to my expectations with all the scoring. But OU ended up losing not only the game but one of their most important defensive backs, so that will probably give them future problems. BTW, am I the only one the think Sam Bradford looks kind of goofy?

Some of the calls in the game were awful though. Like the 'roughing the kicker' penalty. I've always thought that was a cheap penalty. Especially in this case, the guys was barely touched, then fell, then went to get back up, and decided to sell it some more. They need to just stop calling that penality, unless the kicker actually gets nailed or something.

And I guess the Tigers weren't careful enough today. They missed a lot of chances to make plays. But I'm surprised they were able to stop OSU as many times as they did. I haven't really been a big believer in their defense.

But it was a bad week to be a tiger in generally, though. On Thursday, Clemson Tigers lost. On Friday, Memphis Tigers lost. Today, LSU, Auburn, Missouri Tigers all lost. And I can't believe LSU went down like that.

cbiesra

Pedophillia? Naww.>>
That Oklahoma-Texas game was amazing!
I love lots of scoring...in college.
am I the only one the think Sam Bradford looks kind of goofy?
yes.
can't believe LSU went down like that.
me either, how can LSU lose so bad to Florida, a team that they're just like

Well this Monday Night Football is gonna suck,
The Giants are rated 1st in offense and 3rd in defense
The browns are last in offense and 15th in D

Haxon22

iJerk
Ya That OU-Texas Game was amazing

woot21

super noob
Like the 'roughing the kicker' penalty. I've always thought that was a cheap penalty. Especially in this case, the guys was barely touched, then fell, then went to get back up, and decided to sell it some more. They need to just stop calling that penality, unless the kicker actually gets nailed or something.
You want to talk about cheap roughing the kicker penatlies, let's go back about 6 years. Titans vs Steelers, OT potential game winning kick coming up for Joe Nedney. He misses, game continues and Steelers have the ball, but wait Nedney fell down, and Dewayne Washington was somewhat close to him and breathed on him, so of course it is a penalty. Nedney rekicks and makes it, Titans win. Nedney later admits that he was barely touched, if at all, and acted it up. In soccer, he would have been penalized, in football he got rewarded.

woot21 out dawgs

Patches-Kun

Dawn Patrol
Can't believe the Cowboys lost to the freakin' Cards. If they made that field goal before the end of the half, we probably would have won the game. And I can't believe the line just collapsed like that and allowed the Cards PR team just stun Mat McBriar like that. The 'Boys better clean their act up against the Rams (and pray to God they don't lose), but it looks like St. Louis may actually be a challenge due to Romo and (Felix) Jones being out.

Last edited:

PsychicPsycho

Ahhh, the Colts finally destroy someone. Took them long enough.

I can't believe the Redskins lost to the Rams. They can go on the road and beat the Eagles & Cowboys but can't handle the Rams at home. I guess that's why they call it the Never Figure League.
You want to talk about cheap roughing the kicker penatlies...
That's exactly what I'm talking about. Those penalties are just a bunch of crap, and they need to get rid of them.
Well this Monday Night Football is gonna suck,
The Giants are rated 1st in offense and 3rd in defense
The browns are last in offense and 15th in D
That's what I thought, too, before I saw the game. I can't believe the Giants went down like that. I guess those returning players really did have a big impact.
Can't believe the Cowboys lost to the freakin' Cards.
Well, I'm somewhat surprised, but not completely shocked, given their poor performance against the Redskins & Bengals. I thought that offsides penalty they called on that injured player near the end of the game was stupid. He was obviously injured; what could he have done?

And is anyone else sick of those last second timeouts before a field goal?

cbiesra

Pedophillia? Naww.>>
Guess my predictions were wrong about MNF, I guess I'll have to pick the other team every week now
But anyway that was a great game, and it looks like Anderson is going to play the rest of the season.

The titans are the only undefeated team left, hopefully they'll lose so we don't have to hear the 16 and 0 crap

Shadow Quilava

The Giants lost... I didn't expect it to be so soon and by so much. Well, you can't win them all I guess. The only thing I can hope for is that the Titans lose the next game, hopefully.

woot21

super noob
The titans are the only undefeated team left, hopefully they'll lose so we don't have to hear the 16 and 0 crap
Don't you mean 18-1 crap? Sorry Pats fans I had to.

Anyways I guess I can call them the Bungles again. No wins yet. Looking like Miami last year.

woot21 out dawgs

cbiesra

Pedophillia? Naww.>>
Don't you mean 18-1 crap? Sorry Pats fans I had to.
lol. Don't be sorry, I haven't seen one Pats fan post yet

I could swear there's a big college game this week, but I can't remeber who's playing

Also a semi-big gmae Ohio State- Michigan State! Let's go OSU! Maybe we can move a few poll spots

PokemonHero

I can see the future
Well, last week it was Texas-Oklahoma. Texas entered the game #5 and Oklahoma #1. Texas won and now they have taken over the number #1 spot in the rankings. This week, Texas plays #11 Missouri.

And in completely unrelated news, Navy plays #23 Pittsburgh this week.

cbiesra

Pedophillia? Naww.>>
That's the game I was thinking of. The Mizzou-Texas game.
so we got woot v.s PokemonHero...I mean Pittsburg v.s. Navy....

PsychicPsycho

Well, they play Chiefs next week, so they'll probably stay undefeated.
On the other hand, insane upsets are ever present in football, so you never know.
That's the game I was thinking of. The Mizzou-Texas game.
I'm thinking there was another game..... *goes & checks* well, Georgia (10) and Vanderbilt (22) play, but that could be a blowout. Oklahoma and Kansas play in Oklahoma, that could be a good one. There's the LSU & South Caralina game; I've heard an analyst say that could be an upset. But yeah, it looks like MU-Texas is the biggest game this week. Hopefully, MU will win, or at least put up a decent fight.

PokemonHero

I can see the future
Well, it makes sense MU-Texas is the big game. College Gameday is there after all. It should be a good game. Hopefully, Chase Daniel can bounce back from last week.

Now for a little shout-out: GO NAVY, BEAT PITT!

As a die-hard Carolina Panthers fan, I must say that last Sunday was one of the most embarrassing performances I've ever seen. (But we all know how short the memory of a sports fan is, so don't take my words with a grain of salt.) My guess is that beating Atlanta 24-9 and Kansas City 34-0 went to their heads, either making them overconfident or putting too much pressure on their shoulders. All I know is that if we can't beat New Orleans this week, my hopes for a division title will be greatly diminished.

As for college football, I'm afraid I've never been much into it. (But as a fan of football, I'll naturally watch whatever game ESPN shows on Saturday.) I got into the Panthers because my mom would watch the games every Sunday, but she went to college at Tennessee and was never able to brainwash me into supporting them due to the lack of coverage in North Carolina. I've since not been able to pledge my devotion to any other team, probably because in sports I tend to lean towards the home team, but NC has too many teams to choose from. Although, the University of Charlotte may be getting a team soon, and a same-city home team would have a good shot at garnering my support.

woot21

super noob
Now for a little shout-out: GO NAVY, BEAT PITT!
I'll say something to that. Good luck Navy, you'll need it. This Pitt team is better, much better than the team that beat WVU last year, and is getting better each game. So Navy is going to need to play a perfect game, after all they are still Navy.

woot21 out dawgs

PsychicPsycho

BYU plays TCU tonight. We'll see if the Thursday night upset trend continues...

What do you guys think about Romo trying to play this Sunday? It doesn't make much sense to me. It'd be better for him to wait & get healed instead of trying out to go out there force things and possibly get injured even more.

woot21

super noob
The bowl buster got busted. Dang. TCU destroyed BYU, revenge is a dish best served cold I guess.

Also, anyone read about the player who had his finger looped off to continue playing?

woot21 out dawgs

PsychicPsycho

The bowl buster got busted. Dang. TCU destroyed BYU, revenge is a dish best served cold I guess.

Also, anyone read about the player who had his finger looped off to continue playing?

Indeed. I swear Thursday night's cursed.

And I did hear about that guy. I'm not sure if it's honorable or stupid. I can understand him wanting to play, but I don't know if I'd cut my finger off to do it.

On ESPN they were comparing he & Romo's injuries. They said something like 'Romo's going to rest to heal his finger. The other guy (they said his name) is just going to cut his off'; that make me laugh a little.

Wait... revenge? Did TCU get killled by BYU last year?

woot21

super noob
Two years ago to end a 13 game win streak, that ruined TCU's BCS hopes. So yes it was revenge, served cold.

woot21 out dawgs