• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NFL & NCAA Football Thread

woot21

super noob
Once again, I say don't assume anything. Flacco has looked very impressive. Look at those passes he threw to Mason and Clayton in the Titans game and tell me if you've seen a rookie do that. He's a much better quarterback than you are giving him credit for. I actually felt that if Cam Cameron had let Flacco go ahead and throw, they probably could've scored more. Plus, the offensive line has been inpenetrable during the playoffs.

And the thing is that the San Diego defense isn't the Ravens defense. Even though they did give up some yards last game, you have to bet they will step up their game for the Steelers.
Big Ben, 15-1 rookie season, with Bettis in his twilight of his career, and Ward, and an inconsistent Plax. Also, the Steelers defense wasn't as good as this years Ravens. Plus Flacco has a better line than Ben did. Also, has Flacco shown he can win in a tight game, if he has to drive down the field?

As for the Ravens stepping up next week, that goes both ways. Are you telling me the Steelers aren't going to step it up against the Ravens as much if not more than the Ravens? Also, we have Ward, who drives your entire team crazy, and can change the game just by smiling and throwing a block, then drawing a flag because the guy who got leveled loses his cool.

woot21 out dawgs

PokemonHero

I can see the future
Big Ben, 15-1 rookie season, with Bettis in his twilight of his career, and Ward, and an inconsistent Plax. Also, the Steelers defense wasn't as good as this years Ravens. Plus Flacco has a better line than Ben did. Also, has Flacco shown he can win in a tight game, if he has to drive down the field?

As for the Ravens stepping up next week, that goes both ways. Are you telling me the Steelers aren't going to step it up against the Ravens as much if not more than the Ravens? Also, we have Ward, who drives your entire team crazy, and can change the game just by smiling and throwing a block, then drawing a flag because the guy who got leveled loses his cool.

woot21 out dawgs

Similarities:
-Flacco has McClean, a big brusing back like Bettis.
-Flacco has Mason, who is comparable to Ward, and Clayton, who is comparable to Plaxico.

And you don't call last week's game a tight game. I'm quite certain that Flacco drove the Ravens down into field goal range to get the game-winning score in the waning moments of the game. And I'll admit that Ben had a great rookie year himself. But you have to think that Flacco was given a much tougher situation. I mean, he literally became the starter because he was the only guy able to play at the end of the preseason.

There's no doubt the Steelers are going to be pumped up. I'm expecting this to be a hell of a fight. Nobody is going to leave this game unscathed. And, personally, I give Ward credit for standing up against the defense. A lot of guys in the NFL don't have the balls to do that, since they never hold back on their hits. Ask Ahmard Hall. :D

I'm definitely looking forward to Sunday...wait, I haven't seen cbiesra here since the Steelers won. Wonder where he's wandered off to.

woot21

super noob
-Flacco has McClean, a big brusing back like Bettis.
Not past his prime.
-Flacco has Mason, who is comparable to Ward, and Clayton, who is comparable to Plaxico.
Clayton catches things thrown to him Plax didn't. Mason is faster than Ward though can't catch as well. So 0 for 3, on the similarities. He has a better team than Ben did.

woot21 out dawgs

PokemonHero

I can see the future
So 0 for 3, on the similarities. He has a better team than Ben did.

woot21 out dawgs

Answer me this though. If Ben did have a worse team, how did they finish 15-1?

Plus, there's another factor that made Flacco's job tough: schedule. Thanks to Hurrican Ike, the Ravens haven't had a week off since Week 2. That's a pretty rough schedule to have with any team, especially one with a rookie coach and quarterback.

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
Big Ben, 15-1 rookie season, with Bettis in his twilight of his career, and Ward, and an inconsistent Plax.

If I last check they didnt make the Super Bowl that year. And it doesn't matter what Ben did his rookie year because that isn't this year.
The Ravens and Steelers are equal IMO.

woot21

super noob
Answer me this though. If Ben did have a worse team, how did they finish 15-1?

Plus, there's another factor that made Flacco's job tough: schedule. Thanks to Hurrican Ike, the Ravens haven't had a week off since Week 2. That's a pretty rough schedule to have with any team, especially one with a rookie coach and quarterback.
I meant better offense. Besides both have/had great defenses.

Flacco and their head coach have said they preferred that to the normal schedule. Also Big Ben started the third game of the season, and his first start in a Tropical Storm.

woot21 out dawgs

raichu2626

Volt Tackle
Flacco is good, he is no where near great he would have NEVER beaten the Titans if they didn't shoot themselves in the foot. All and all the Ravens did nothing to make them deserver the win, and I know I sound like a Titans Fan that can't take that we lost, thats true that's exactly what I am. Come on though, Mason makes a great catch in the endzone(Ex-titan, shouldn't be Ex) and that is all they did Lendale and Algernon are too fat to hold the ball and Robby never misses kicks. Oh yeah and Claytons catch at the 2, I have never seen more luck, not to mention the refs ignoring the play clock completely later on in the game....

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
Flacco is good, he is no where near great he would have NEVER beaten the Titans if they didn't shoot themselves in the foot. All and all the Ravens did nothing to make them deserver the win, and I know I sound like a Titans Fan that can't take that we lost, thats true that's exactly what I am. Come on though, Mason makes a great catch in the endzone(Ex-titan, shouldn't be Ex) and that is all they did Lendale and Algernon are too fat to hold the ball and Robby never misses kicks. Oh yeah and Claytons catch at the 2, I have never seen more luck, not to mention the refs ignoring the play clock completely later on in the game....

Not only did the Titans shoot themselves in the foot, the Raven's defense played well. You can say the Ravens did nothing to deserve to win the game but they had the one thing they needed, the final score. If you look at it, even though the Titans played well and made mistakes, they didn't deserve to win either because they outplayed the Ravens but they couldn't get the final score to win the game. So basically neither team deserved to win.

woot21

super noob
not to mention the refs ignoring the play clock completely later on in the game....
This, the delay of game call, well non-call, gave the Ravens the win most likely. They need a new to call it. Maybe a pager or something that goes off with the play clock hits 0. That way the refs can just watch for the snap, and not look at the play clock, see it hit zero and then look to see if the ball has been snapped.

woot21 out dawgs

BaldWombat

Mortal Wombat!
The biggest difference in this Ravens v. Steelers game is going to be a healthy Willie Parker. He didn't play in the first game and didn't have his legs in the second. He didn't start to play healthy till the last game of the year against the Browns. If he plays the way he is capable of playing, the line will be able to protect Ben and Ben will be able to throw down the field. We all know that the defense will show up.

Steelers_Fan

hiding in your mind
Pittsburgh vs. Arizona in the super bowl
pitt has done it twice b4 and will bat the ravens again, and arizona will pull off another big upset against the eagles. But after all that is done, Pitt 38 Ariz 14

PsychicPsycho

I'm looking for the AFC game tomorrow to be an absolute war. Those two teams played each other very physically and very close in the regular season. It seems almost appropriate that they'll have a third game. I'm rooting for..... somebody. I don't know. I'm pretty neutral in this matchup. I'm just glad it's not the Chargers in there.

Does anyone remember the playoffs having more rematches then there have been this year? I was thinking about it, and both games tomorrow are rematches, and 6 of the 8 already played were rematches (only the NFC wild card games weren't). And the superbowl will be a rematch if the Eagles are involved. Weird.

Lord Scalgon

What title?
Looks like the Cardinals will be on their way to the Super Bowl, but however, it's halftime now (24-6).

I personally don't think the Eagles will make a dramatic comeback, but I know for sure I'll be right. If they fall, it's a huge miracle for the Cardinals. Better yet, I'm really surprised they made it this far...though most people doubt the fact that they'd advance to the Super Bowl.

RandomCharizard

Yeahhhh cardinals and steelers. I can't wait for this steelers game, from what I've seen during the last two times them and the ravens played, i know its gonna be a hard *** game

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
Even though I picked the Eagles to win. I don't think they can win right now because they are getting their butts beat bad by the Cardinals.

Edit: Nevermind that. The Eagles are winning now.

Last edited:

Haxon22

iJerk
Arizona is Going to the Super Bowl!!!!

Wow didn't see this coming at all. Well I really want the Ravens to beat the Steelers badly, but considering that both teams have excellent defense, this game won't have that much points scored.

cbiesra

Pedophillia? Naww.>>
Well, after a fight from the Eagles they still lost.

Well, I already know who I want to win the Super Bowl... definatly the Cards.
Choosing between the Eagles and Steelers from a Browns fan's perspective is like choosing between getting stabbed in the eye with a very sharp stick and setting you hand on fire.

PokemonHero

I can see the future
Wow, the Cardinals...wow. I don't think I can say anything that someone else hasn't said yet.

Well, it's halftime of the AFC Championship game. 13-7 Pittsburgh. Still anyone's game. Both teams have suffered some injuries. We'll have to see what happens next.

cbiesra

Pedophillia? Naww.>>
Wow, the Cardinals...wow. I don't think I can say anything that someone else hasn't said yet.

Well, it's halftime of the AFC Championship game. 13-7 Pittsburgh. Still anyone's game. Both teams have suffered some injuries. We'll have to see what happens next.

.... It's just crazy how tough these teams play, they must be playing 10 times harder since they're division rivals too.