• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NFL/NCAAF Thread: We don't huddle anymore in our society.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
The Ravens may very well have won the draft. Especially if Lamar Jackson really does pan out. They turned 8 picks into 12, they got the pass catchers they needed, they filled just about all of their needs, and they got a ton of value all over the draft. This is the most exciting this team has been since Super Bowl XLVII.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Tomorrow will be August 1st. Football season is so close to returning!

I'm hoping that the Lions can finally get their act together. They have the talent, but they always fail to finish strong. I'm also hoping that Michigan football can improve offensively this season because the defense was good last season, and should be good this season as well. Hopefully the offensive line can do well this season because Shea Patterson could be the real deal at quarterback.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
USC played a great game against UNLV. Defense was rusty in the 1st half but the 2nd half was amazing for both sides.

Can't rest anytime soon as we face up against Stanford. Let's get em.

As for week 1 of the 2018 NFL season. GO RAMS!...oh yeah Chargers too.

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed

Giving a 10-year deal to Gruden is probably my single favorite Raider move ever. He'll probably drop those 1sts on another couple Kolton Millers.

Anyway, that was pretty much a shitshow on Thursday night. Both a former MVP and the reigning Super Bowl MVP were awful, not to mention 26-236 for penalties. I really, seriously hate the new helmet and roughing-the-passer rules. The NFL is totally overreacting to Ryan Shazier, Davante Adams, and Aaron Rodgers getting injured last year.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I don't know how the NFL thought Rams-Raiders was primetime material, but Chargers-Rams was not. What was the league thinking?

Genos

The Indigo Disk
In summary of USC's loss against Stanford:

Our Defense showed up, not the Offense.

Next week is at Texas-Austin.

Last edited:

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I've seen tons of bad Lions football over the years, but wow.....Monday night was a bad night for Lions fans.

I can already tell this will be a rough season for Lions fans, and we're only one game in...

Nodqfan

Admitally I did not watch the Raiders game on Monday since it was late in the central time zone when the game started, so instead, I watched highlights from the official NFL Youtube channel and my thoughts are as follows.

1st half: of the game the team looked great and kept the game close.
2nd half: What is wrong with you Derek, are you seeing ghosts? These throws are awful, they're the reason the team lost.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I was completely shocked by how thoroughly the Ravens dominated the Bills on Sunday. Like, I thought they would probably win on Sunday, but to win 47-3 and keep the Bills from even getting a single first down for the first half of the game? That definitely defied my expectations, it's rare to see a blowout that bad. I know the Bills are probably bad, and Nathan Peterman is definitely bad, but I have a good feeling about the Ravens this season. I don't see any kind of glaring flaw on the roster and there's a ton of depth everywhere. This squad definitely looks like it's capable of snapping their 3 year playoff drought, the Ravens have gotten frustratingly close the last few years but the additions at WR, TE, and QB look like they could put the Ravens over the top.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Rams got me worried in the 1st half. But then both sides found their way to beat the Raiders in the 2nd half! Lovin what Peters did when he score that touchdown. I'm surprised he hasn't been fined yet.

Next up is the Cardinals. We can do this!

EDIT: Nvm Peters got fined for it today.

Last edited:

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Instead of going for a Hail Mary the Browns play it safe and try to tie it with a field goal which backfired

I expect Gonzalez to be cut and Jackson to be fired

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
I was completely shocked by how thoroughly the Ravens dominated the Bills on Sunday. Like, I thought they would probably win on Sunday, but to win 47-3 and keep the Bills from even getting a single first down for the first half of the game? That definitely defied my expectations, it's rare to see a blowout that bad. I know the Bills are probably bad, and Nathan Peterman is definitely bad, but I have a good feeling about the Ravens this season. I don't see any kind of glaring flaw on the roster and there's a ton of depth everywhere. This squad definitely looks like it's capable of snapping their 3 year playoff drought, the Ravens have gotten frustratingly close the last few years but the additions at WR, TE, and QB look like they could put the Ravens over the top.

It's pretty rare for a team that's not good to score a 44-point blowout, but at the same time, it's hard to overstate how bad the Bills are, especially at QB. And for as good as the Ravens looked against the Bills, they looked that bad in the early going against the Bengals. Although, you take away some of those early plays that pretty much put the game out of reach, they probably win on a short week in Cincinnati, so IDK. The Steelers also started out today looking like hot garbage (Mahomes getting a lot of praise, but those plays were working exactly how Andy Reid drew them up, and it was just a matter of throwing to the very-open receiver), so the AFCN looks like it's anybody's to win.

Rams got me worried in the 1st half. But then both sides found their way to beat the Raiders in the 2nd half! Lovin what Peters did when he score that touchdown. I'm surprised he hasn't been fined yet.

Next up is the Cardinals. We can do this!

EDIT: Nvm Peters got fined for it today.

99% of fines/suspensions come down on Friday afternoons.

My Broncos are 2-0, but they easily could have lost either game. Today, our DBs were lining up 8-10 yards off the LOS, even though they're generally stronger in man coverage. So of course, Derek Carr, who loves short passes about as much as he loves mascara, completed 29/32 (90.63% -- aka, the only 90%+ completion on 30+ attempts in NFL history). Shockingly, Case Keenum looks more like a journeyman than a franchise QB. It'll probably come unraveled in short order. Just sucks that this upcoming QB class, from my preliminary research, is pretty terrible. I'm still worried that they'll rue passing on Rosen (Chubb hasn't impressed much so far, but injury concerns have already cropped up for Rosen).

Genos

The Indigo Disk
^ Huh didn't know that, thanks.

USC lost against Texas:
Absolutely disgusting. This team needs to wake up. We're not running the ball and the O line needs guidance. I'm starting to question Clay Helton, if he keeps this up he's going to get fired mid-way into the season.

Next up is Washington St at home who are 3-0. Ugh...

Rams win against Arizona:
Stellar game! The Defense let no opponents past though them. Gurley and Cooks were great making touchdowns. I know it's the Cardinals but I love that it was a shutout win (again).

Next up is the Chargers of San Diego Los Angeles at the Coliseum.

Battle of LA!

Last edited:

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
As a Lions fan for many many years, I'm not surprised that they are 0-2. It only gets harder from here. The game against New England will get ugly. As a Lions fan I'm dreading that game. Mr. Brady is probably going to pick the Lions defense apart.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Browns get their first win since Xmas eve of 2016. Even more fitting is that they do it against the same team they beat in the first Monday Night Football game which occurred 48 years ago tomorrow, both wins occurring at home.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
The entire NFC North looks awful; it wouldn't surprise me if all 4 teams in that division end up with a sub 500 record by the end of the season.

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
The entire NFC North looks awful; it wouldn't surprise me if all 4 teams in that division end up with a sub 500 record by the end of the season.
I'm still hoping to see a division champion with 6 wins -- even better if there's a tie in there from Green Bay/Minnesota. I loved the NFCN's games today -- first, overdog Vikings get smushed at home by the indisputably-worst team through the first two weeks, and then the hapless-looking Lions mollywhop the Patriots. I won't get excited about New England being finished yet (especially since Belichick has a strangely-bad record against his assistants: 12-9 now, I believe), but I've got my fingers crossed.

And like I thought, the Broncos are coming unraveled already. As much as people want it to be true, Case Keenum isn't an upgrade at QB. Our problems stem from a braindead coaching staff and a front office that refuses to look at reality, not bad QBs (although a bad one compounds it when he's drawing $18 million). Bah.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
The Lions beat the Patriots! As a die hard Lions fan that has endured so much pain over the years I can't believe my eyes right now. The Lions even had a 100 yard rusher. My mind is just blown right now. I'm so happy!

Remix2

The giant finally won a game and it only took us until week 3 to get it.

I’m almost like not having the legendary parking cone known as Eric flowers in a game might actually make you team better.

Last edited: