1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

NFL/NCAAF Thread: We don't huddle anymore in our society.

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Hunter Zolomon, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Remix2

Remix2 Well-Known Member

The giant finally won a game and it only took us until week 3 to get it.

I’m almost like not having the legendary parking cone known as Eric flowers in a game might actually make you team better.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  2. Litleonid

Litleonid Well-Known Member

The Patriots have lost 2 in a row! Is this FINALLY the year when they won't be at the top of the NFL?

3. Genos

Genos New Horizons

USC won against Washington St:
    I went to the game, and boy what a game that was. Both sides giving out their best to beat the Cougars. With at the end they got their FG blocked from us which would've tied the game. I'm still mixed on Helton knowing that the Defense allowed that many points.

Next game is at Arizona. Round 2 against Tate and the Wildcats.

Rams won against Chargers:
    That attendance was packed (from what I saw on TV). What a great LA showdown, though I'm upset we lost some players from injury. Most notably Marcus Peters got a calf strain which will leave him out for 2-4 weeks.

Next is the Vikings, a team I'm afraid of but then they literally lost against the Bills. Still a powerful opponent. TNF!

4. Hunter Zolomon

Hunter Zolomon Into the Shadows Staff Member Moderator

The Rams look incredible! I'm still in shock that the Lions beat the Patriots lol.

Michigan plays Northwestern today at 4:30pm. The game will be on the road at Northwestern. Last week Michigan annihilated Nebraska, and they beat SMU pretty good the previous week. I was at the Michigan game against SMU. It was a pretty nice day outside for some football.

5. Genos

Genos New Horizons

USC won against Arizona:
    I didn't see the game, but I saw the comments from the post-game thread saying it was bad. Doesn't matter to me, a win is a win.

Trojans now enter a bye week.

Rams won against Vikings:
    That game was LIT! Props to Minnesota for a intense match. Jared Goff had 5 TDs and ran 465 yards, a career high! This team is still undefeated and unstoppable!

Next game we head to Seattle, watch out Seahawks!

6. Hunter Zolomon

Michigan came back and defeated Northwestern 20-17. I was happy to see Michigan get the win.

The Lions almost beat the Cowboys. I'm proud of the Lions for not giving up, though. They just had no answer for Zeke Elliot...

7. Genos

Genos New Horizons

Trojans had their bye week. This Saturday they play against Colorado who are 5-0. I fear we may give them their first win against us (overall record is 0-12 Trojans).

But whatever BRING IT!

Rams won against Seattle:
    This game wass hard to watch. I thought it was going to be repeat of last year's game. Goff's stats fell from last week with 2 INTs. But the last play was great strategic move to win the game.

Kupp and Cooks left the game with concussions. THAT freakin sucks, I hate seeing players getting those. I wish them a fast recovery. They are very important to the O-line.

Next week is at Denver.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  8. GrizzlyB

GrizzlyB Confused and Dazed

On the plus side, the Broncos are a great team to have a slew of injuries against. Let them rest up, because you won't need them on the field to get the W.

At this point, I'm just looking at the draft. STILL disappointed that they passed on Rosen, because I don't see much in the way of QBs this year. Grier is probably my favorite, but he's prone to making really dumb throws, plus he's over-aged and with the usual spread-offense caveat (even though the NFL is going more and more that way these days). People say Herbert and Stidham are the top 2, but neither of them looks like they can come off their 1st read at all. Herbert's also too long, with an elongated windup and almost no accuracy on long throws. I like Stidham's arm, but he has little ability to actually stay in the pocket and perform like an NFL QB. Finley looks good in most aspects, but I think his throw velocity is below NFL level, so that's a non-starter. Lock is the big, dumb spread guy who looks vaguely like QBs of yesteryear and has decent production, which will probably land him in the 2nd round where he will struggle to secure a backup job, like Hackenburg.

Basically, I'm hoping to hell that they just pass on QB this year and manage to land Fromm in 2020. Would have helped a lot if Case Keenum didn't look like a career backup. WHO COULD'VE SEEN THAT COMING?

9. Genos

Genos New Horizons

USC won against Colorado:
    13 and 0! But we lost another player from a injury. Porter Gustin is done for the year. He's going to enter the NFL draft next year so I wish him the best.

This team still has the injury bug. Transfer this to Notre Dame please.

Trojans now travel to Utah this Saturday.

Rams won against Denver:
    Tough game. Kupp left the 2nd quarter from a knee injury. It looked nasty in replay. I hope it isn't too serious.

Still undefeated! Rams will play at Santa Clara against the 49ers.

SUNDAY NIGHT FOO- Oh wait never mind it's no longer prime time :(

10. Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Pikachu Fan Number Nine Don't Mess wit Texas

Rivalry week in college football

11. Swordsman4

Swordsman4 Well-Known Member

What the freaking heck happened to Michigan?

I still cannot figure out what happened and I’ve had hours to process it. Will we ever beat Ohio State or are we doomed for eternity?

12. Hunter Zolomon

I want to forget about that Michigan game it was a mess. I just don't see Harbaugh's 1980s style offense working in today's game. The offense was too predictable, vanilla, and conservative on Saturday. Harbaugh needs to spread the ball out more. The defense laid an egg on Saturday. They got exposed. Don Brown is amazing, but crossing routes litterally damage his defense. Michigan just couldn't stop the crossing routes. It was just not Michigan's day yesterday. They will beat Ohio State eventually, but I thought they would get the job done this week. Michigan had everything going for them. Regardless, it was still a great season. I actually predicted Michigan to win 10-11 games before the season began. Time for a bowl game. Let's rebound. Go Blue!

As for the Detroit Lions they are a dumpster fire like usual. Nothing new. Hopefully one day I can see the Lions win a Super Bowl. Hopefully I'll be alive for it.

13. Swordsman4

Swordsman4 Well-Known Member

Yeah, what happened to the read option/RPO plays? Did Harbaugh forget he had those in the playbook? Did he not know OSU was weak on the perimeter?

Fortunately, we did learn Joe Milton has a cannon for an arm!

Most of the o line will be back and Mayfield/Hudson at tackles are supposed to be amazing.

Charbonnet looks amazing. We need an elite running back – a Saquon, Fournette, or Zeke type that can take over a game.

It opens up the pass game more and gives the RPO more threat. O Line looks like a mess.

Fortunately Urban’s gone. It took Dabo five/six years to put everything together.

14. sanae

sanae stop trying to be god ☆

we take the ball from goal to goal like no one's ever seen

bless the dolphins that was some miracle

15. GrizzlyB

GrizzlyB Confused and Dazed

Josh Gordon steps away from the Patriots two weeks before the playoffs, with them in the #3 seed. Could we finally be seeing the end of the line for the Patriots? I don't want to jinx it, but hope springs eternal...

Also, the Broncos still suck. Part of me hopes they lose to the Raiders to lock them out from getting Bosa, plus a higher draft pick, although that would scrap their streak of non-consecutive losing seasons -- which I guess isn't a big deal, because Vance Joseph already tore down most of those records. And **** Mahomes -- that dude is going to regress so hard next year. I just hope he follows the proud Chief tradition of getting bounced in their first playoff game in the meantime.

16. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Caulifla v.s. _______

Looks like another NFC North team chokes in the postseason yet again, how predictable haha

17. Hunter Zolomon

That Bears kicker is probably the most disliked person in Chicago right now. The fans that are sending him death threats really need to cool it. That stuff isn't cool. He scored most of Chicago's points. Maybe the offense should have actually done something? Not only that the kick was technically blocked. Geez American Football fans can be crazy.

Pokegirl Fan~ likes this.
  18. Poke Trainer J

Poke Trainer J Well-Known Member

Turns out Patrick Mahomes was a fluke all along as the Patriots advance to Super Bowl LIII to face off against the Rams.

Still can't believe the game came down to a single coin toss at Overtime though.

19. Genos

Genos New Horizons

Rams are going the SuperBowl! Wow I can't believe it.

And against the Patriots. I am going to be nervous all day for that game.

Dragalge likes this.
  20. bobjr

bobjr It's Fusion, I don't have to expalin it. Staff Member Moderator

He's not a fluke when he couldn't even play in overtime, which has the dumbest rules.