• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NFL/NCAAF Thread: We don't huddle anymore in our society.

Poke Trainer J

He's not a fluke when he couldn't even play in overtime, which has the dumbest rules.
The Chiefs shouldn't be blaming the Overtime rules for their 2nd postseason loss against the Patriots when they couldn't do anything that they were prepared to do. They may have been a penalty away from making their first Super Bowl appearance in 49 years but that doesn't excuse their offense and defense.

Last edited:

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Well this Superbowl is going to feel dull since the Patriots are in it...again

It's actually a noted thing that people aren't as excited for the Super Bowl as they have been the past decade, so there's been questioning if the Pats being in it hurts it more than helps it now.

Poke Trainer J

It's actually a noted thing that people aren't as excited for the Super Bowl as they have been the past decade, so there's been questioning if the Pats being in it hurts it more than helps it now.
To be fair the Super Bowl hasn't been exciting since the Denver Broncos won the Vince Lombardi shortly before Peyton Manning officially retired. Why? Because Manning is more relatable than Brady who wins so much that he never gets sick of it like Trump.

bobjr

Staff member
Tom Brady is also a monster who open mouth kisses his kid on the mouth, so he should be shot into the sun.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Tom Brady is also a monster who open mouth kisses his kid on the mouth, so he should be shot into the sun.
Oh god really? .__. Also not too happy with the Patriots in the Super Bowl yet again but I’m happy the Rams are in! That OT field goal was insane haha

Poke Trainer J

Didn't mean to strike a nerve comparing Tom Brady to Donald Trump.

bobjr

Staff member
No I mean the video where Tom Brady had a video where he gets his oldest kid to come in and kiss him on the mouth in a really awkward way.

Also he is a Trump supporter, but that's secondary to me.

Poke Trainer J

No I mean the video where Tom Brady had a video where he gets his oldest kid to come in and kiss him on the mouth in a really awkward way.

Also he is a Trump supporter, but that's secondary to me.
Fair point.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
As a Michigan fan I like Tom Brady of course, but I was really hoping the Chiefs would win, so we could see a Rams/Chiefs rematch.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
The Rams played horrendous offensively. I figured they would score a lot of points, but boy was I wrong. That was such a low scoring game.

Now football is over until August/September. This sucks :/

I know for my Lions the highlight of their season was beating the Patriots. Which I still find hard to believe lol.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Welp, that was that.

Hats off to our Defense for showing up, wish the other side did the same.

Nevertheless I'm proud of this team. They'll continue to learn and be dominant. :cool:

Poke Trainer J

As a Michigan fan I like Tom Brady of course, but I was really hoping the Chiefs would win, so we could see a Rams/Chiefs rematch.
A Saints/Chiefs match would've been better If both Championship games hadn't gone to Overtime with both teams losing the coin toss. I don't see the Chiefs moving on until they find a way to beat Tom Brady and the Patriots next season unless Patrick Mahomes decides to pull a Joe Montana and ditches the team in the next NFL Draft. Hopefully history doesn't end up repeating itself for the Chiefs this time around.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I think the NFL needs to adopt college OT rules. They are far more fair than what the NFL has right now. In college, each team gets one possession even if the first team scores a touchdown. If that happens, it is up to the second team to tie and send it to a second OT. Rinse and repeat until a winner is decided. It also eliminates ties.

In other news here is my national TV wishlist for next season:

Week 1
Kansas City at New England - Kickoff
New Orleans at LA Rams - Week 1 SNF
Green Bay at Chicago, Denver VS. LA Chargers - Week 1 MNF DH

Thanksgiving Weekend:
Kansas City at Detroit - early Thursday
Buffalo at Dallas - late Thursday
LA Rams at Cleveland - Thursday night
New Orleans at Seattle - SNF
NY Giants at NY Jets - MNF

(a number of long Thanksgiving droughts would be ended with this schedule)

Others:

Baltimore VS. Pittsburgh

Houston VS. Indianapolis

Kansas City VS. LA Chargers

Dallas VS. Philadelphia

Chicago VS. Minnesota

LA Rams VS. Seattle

Dallas at New England

New England at Philadelphia

Baltimore at LA Rams

LA Rams at Pittsburgh (SB 14 40th anniversary)

Seattle at Pittsburgh

Houston at New Orleans

Indianapolis at New Orleans

New Orleans at Tennessee

Kansas City at Chicago

LA Chargers at Chicago

Minnesota at Kansas City (SB 4 50th anniversary)

New England at Houston

Pittsburgh at LA Chargers

Houston at Baltimore

Dallas at New Orleans

New Orleans at Chicago

LA Rams at Dallas

Seattle at Philadelphia

New England at Baltimore

Pittsburgh at New England

Houston at Kansas City

Houston at LA Chargers

Indianapolis at Kansas City

Indianapolis at LA Chargers

LA Chargers at Tennessee

Chicago at Philadelphia

Dallas at Chicago

Minnesota at Dallas

Philadelphia at Minnesota

What games do you want on national TV next season?

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
Well, that was a shite Super Bowl. Not so much a defensive slugfest as it was a hobbled old man and a kid who definitely pooped in his jock going at it futilely. Well, at least it gives Brady and Belichick an excuse to make out with their children.

bobjr

Staff member
I mean this game was the NFL trying their best to make people actually care about it. 2 unpopular teams in it from bad referee calls, both teams performing terribly on offense so they tried to make it seem like it was a good defensive game, a halftime show that was second worst after Black Eyed Peas. Even the commercials were bad, outside of the Bud Knight's tragic death, where we finally have a cinematic universe willing to take some risks.

Hawluchador

For any fantasy football players around here, I'm in a new Pokémon-themed dynasty league that's looking for members. I believe it's $35 per season. If this sounds interesting to you, send me a private message and I'll give you more details.

bobjr

Staff member

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
The NFL Draft starts Aril 25th. Hopefully the Lions draft smart. Their primary concerns need to be offensive line and defense. We shall see how this goes. With their prior drafting history, I wouldn't be surprised if they waste their first round pick on somebody pointless.....