• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NFL/NCAAF Thread: We don't huddle anymore in our society.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
It would be all too fitting if Green Bay, the team with the most titles ever, won the Super Bowl to cap the NFL's centennial season.

Poke Trainer J

I think we all underestimated just how good the 49ers are this season. Considering how fast they're able to run the ball and score with most of their players being as fast as Tyreek Hill might actually pose a considerable threat to the Chiefs' defense. Defense wins games but so does speed. Guess it just goes to show that it takes more than being an all-star quarterback, a wide receiver, and a tight end to get the job done on a regular basis. The media gives us the illusion that those key elements matter when it comes to American football when in reality it's never a certainty.

The teams that should've won lost while the teams that should've lost won this season. I think this is really due to a younger generation of new NFL players who have more energy than those that are reaching their 40's which is retirement age. Guys like Ben Roethlisberger, Tom Brady, and Aaron Rodgers aren't what they used to be which is why we're seeing new blood like Patrick Mahomes, Baker Mayfield, and Jimmy Garoppolo. Peyton Manning already saw the writing on the wall when he gracefully retired from Denver's last Super Bowl win. At least this is a lot better than a 2020 Cowboys vs. Patriots Super Bowl matchup.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Chiefs vs 49ers. I have to work during this game lol. I feel like picking the 49ers, but the Chiefs are long overdue for a Super Bowl win. I wouldn't mind seeing them win.

Poke Trainer J

Chiefs just won their first Super Bowl in 50 years.

bobjr

Staff member
Tyreek Hill being on the team sucks but otherwise I really didn't have a favorite team, and the game was really good.

Poke Trainer J

Makes me wonder what the Packers match up would've been like.

Aaron Rodgers probably would've been more trouble for the Chiefs than Jimmy Garoppolo.

bobjr

Staff member
Makes me wonder what the Packers match up would've been like.

Aaron Rodgers probably would've been more trouble for the Chiefs than Jimmy Garoppolo.

No way the Packer defense does anything to stop KC though. Amazing 49ers defense and a strong running game kept them in it, and Garoppolo being bad when pressured is what slowed them down at the end.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
KC won the Super Bowl to mark the NFL's 50th anniversary and the NFL's 100th. Who wants to wager they'll win the Super Bowl to cap the 150th anniversary in 50 years?

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
In College Football news Mark Dantonio has retired from Michigan State. Honestly, I'm not surprised. It almost seems like a forced retirement. I actually live about 20 minutes away from the MSU campus and this has been a hot topic of discussion among people. I know I'm a Michigan fan, but I've always found Mark to be a great coach. However, when it comes to ethics he definitely doesn't succeed. There's so much going on at Michigan State, and none of it's good.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Did anybody else watch the first weekend of XFL? I caught highlights of the two Saturday games and the Sunday night game and watched the Sunday afternoon game on Fox. It was surprisingly good football.

The kickoffs are weird to watch at first but after a couple of those they aren’t so bad. There’s a lot of turnovers which is expected from players who really haven’t had the time to actually play the game.

But overall it seems like they know what they’re doing. This spring league is actually going to get to its championship game unlike the AAF so there’s that at least. Looking forward to what next week will bring.

Poke Trainer J

Honestly I feel as though the XFL was brought back by Vince McMahon because WWE was losing TV ratings due to how bad it got since the Attitude era of the early 2000's. Nobody wants Pay-Per-View matches that aren't worth the price that they're asking for. Maybe If they focused less on the Susan Lucci soap opera antics and more on the actual matches then more people would care. The Intercontinental title will always be the belt of shame.

Besides there's other ways to watch American Football with High School / College Sports and NFL. Why do we need a third option? (Fourth If you count British Soccer). Nothing against the XFL it's just that I don't see the need for it when there's already similar options available. WWE nowadays I feel lacks the charm and energy it once had back in the Attitude era and the 80's / 90's.

Litleonid

Every day I sit here and go, wow, The Washington Football Team is the most boring and generic team name EVER. Who gets excited to say "I'm a Football Team fan!" Nobody. I understand why they changed the name. It was offensive to Native Americans so the name change is understandable. But they NEED a REAL name. I read something about The Washington Football Team being in the running for a permanent name and I go WHY!? Its extremely boring and generic! Its between that, redwolves, and redtails. Just do everyone a favor and pick redwolves or redtails. The Washington Redtails or the Washington Redwolves sounds so much better.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
It’s been nice to see the NFL play this season and see some sort of normalcy for this year but what the NFL did with the Broncos is a joke. The Steelers/Ravens game gets to be delayed one week but the Broncos are forced to play their game on schedule with zero quarterbacks on their active roster. I give mad props to Kendall Hinton for going out there with just under 24 hours notice and no practice snaps and just honestly doing his best. He deserves nothing but respect for his performance and willingness to try to play a position that he hasn’t played in years. That being said, if the Ravens/Steelers gets delayed an entire week because of COVID concerns than the Broncos deserve the same respect when they lose an entire skill position.