• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NFL/NCAAF Thread: We don't huddle anymore in our society.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
The old thread is long gone, so here's a new one.

The 2016 NFL football season starts September 8th.

The 2016 NCAA football season starts August 26th.

Best of luck to all of the teams and fans. It's almost kickoff time.

Feel free to discuss! :D

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
San Diego has had their first round draft pick not play again. I wonder if Spanos wants to tank for Las Vegas.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Hopefully the Lions can stay consistent this season. I know, I know....That's a lot to ask for. Lol.

Remix2

Well we're not out of pre season yet and so far I'm not confident on the giant doing good this year at all.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
The Ravens seem to be improving from that dreadful 5-11 season last year, we've gotten healthier and added some weapons, but I'm still a bit nervous about this season. We're not doing well against first team offenses and the DL is losing battles against opposing OLs. I hope I'm wrong, but we don't look like a playoff team right now.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Rudock the next Tom Brady.

Hope Michigan wins the Big Ten title. Playoff might be too difficult (though definitely possible with the talent and coaching), but a B10 title and a win over either rival would be more than satisfying for me.

Rudock has been having a good preseason!

I think Michigan can be a 11 win team. They have the talent. One of their biggest question marks is the quarterback position. I really think O'Korn will win the job. The dude has the tools to be successful. I really think Michigan will beat Michigan State this season. Michigan will be out for revenge for what happend last season. Ohio State on the other hand.....Ugh....That game is in Columbus. Michigan hasn't beat Ohio State in Columbus since 2000....

bobjr

Staff member
Well we're not out of pre season yet and so far I'm not confident on the giant doing good this year at all.

Well they did keep their abusive kicker so that's never a good since Karma wise.

Navin

MALDREAD
Rudock has been having a good preseason!

Yeah, I hope the Lions keep him on the main roster, although it might be tough since teams might keep 2 and have another on a practice squad.

I think Michigan can be a 11 win team. They have the talent. One of their biggest question marks is the quarterback position. I really think O'Korn will win the job. The dude has the tools to be successful. I really think Michigan will beat Michigan State this season. Michigan will be out for revenge for what happend last season. Ohio State on the other hand.....Ugh....That game is in Columbus. Michigan hasn't beat Ohio State in Columbus since 2000....

Iowa, MSU, and OSU are all away, which is just awful. But I'm confident we can go out there and win, but it's not going to be easy. I don't mind losing to either State or OSU as long as we can win the conference title in the end, because that's what matters. That means we can also be in the New Year's Six as part of the Rose Bowl.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Yeah, I hope the Lions keep him on the main roster, although it might be tough since teams might keep 2 and have another on a practice squad.

Iowa, MSU, and OSU are all away, which is just awful. But I'm confident we can go out there and win, but it's not going to be easy. I don't mind losing to either State or OSU as long as we can win the conference title in the end, because that's what matters. That means we can also be in the New Year's Six as part of the Rose Bowl.

The Lions should keep him. He could be a reliable backup quarterback.

Michigan HAS to beat Michigan State. Especially after the fluke that happend last year....

If we lose to Ohio State I won't be surprised. Well, because as of late we always lose to them, and the game is in Columbus....Or who knows. This might be the year Michigan wins in Columbus. We shall see.

Yeah, Michigan has a great chance to win the Big 10. Even the playoff is a possibility. I just hope Michigan doesn't fall to the hype.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
NFL is back in LA. So I'm rooting for the Rams. They have the talent to go the playoffs since 2004. Also ending that 7-9 bullcrap

Also going for the Seahawks due my man Pete Carroll coaching.

And go Trojans, hope we survive against Bama.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Hey Joey Bosa. If you aren't happy with the contract the Chargers offered you, I'll gladly take that contract off your hands....Lol.

bobjr

Staff member
Bosa hasn't done anything wrong and was just looking for standard language in his contract. The Chargers are trying to nickel and dime him in case of injury or poor play like the shittiest organization in the world.

Navin

MALDREAD
The Lions should keep him. He could be a reliable backup quarterback.

Michigan HAS to beat Michigan State. Especially after the fluke that happend last year....

If we lose to Ohio State I won't be surprised. Well, because as of late we always lose to them, and the game is in Columbus....Or who knows. This might be the year Michigan wins in Columbus. We shall see.

Yeah, Michigan has a great chance to win the Big 10. Even the playoff is a possibility. I just hope Michigan doesn't fall to the hype.

I checked out the statistics over the past twenty years.

From 1996-2008, UM went 113-36 (~9.5 W, 3 L) with an average AP rank of 10.4 (ignoring the one unranked 7-5 season), and 8/12 times were in top 15.

From 2008-2016, UM went 56-44 (7 W, 5.5 L) with only 3/8 ranked seasons (AP #12 in 2011, AP #24 in 2012, AP #12 in 2015). We basically only had 2 good seasons in the past eight years, in the first years of Hoke and Harbaugh. I just hope this time with Harbaugh, we can sustain the success. I'm 99% confident that'll happen considering his successes in both college and at the NFL, but I think this season will be even more telling than last year's.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Where I last left off, I had said that based upon who advances, I would consider Super Bowl 51 the real golden anniversary of the first Super Bowl in 1967, reasoning that other major things from 1967 will also celebrate their golden anniversaries in 2017 (like Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, the Summer of Love, and one of my favorite TV shows, Mannix), having already stated my displeasure for Super Bowl 50.

The NFL is back in LA, albeit I think it's 17 years overdue. The Chargers are probably gonna join the Rams next year, given that the Raiders are likely looking at Las Vegas, no longer "forbidden fruit" when it comes to placing a major league sports team there (the NHL awarded its 31st franchise to Vegas).

My major hopes this season are to see the Packers go 19-0 (and more than make up for the disappointing end to 2011) and the Bears 0-16. We've never seen a perfect and a perfectly bad team in the same season, only one or the other (the 17-0 1972 Dolphins, the 0-14 1976 Bucs, and a team which I won't mention for some of you guys' sake).

In the college game, I want to see a playoff with a Big Ten team (not necessarily OSU), Kansas State, Pitt, and either Missouri or Notre Dame - an all-Northern playoff (Missouri would keep the SEC represented). Actually any combo of four of the five would work. The North is bound to usurp the South as the dominant region in college football. Ohio State started it 2 years ago. It was delayed by a year last year. But it is inevitable.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I checked out the statistics over the past twenty years.

From 1996-2008, UM went 113-36 (~9.5 W, 3 L) with an average AP rank of 10.4 (ignoring the one unranked 7-5 season), and 8/12 times were in top 15.

From 2008-2016, UM went 56-44 (7 W, 5.5 L) with only 3/8 ranked seasons (AP #12 in 2011, AP #24 in 2012, AP #12 in 2015). We basically only had 2 good seasons in the past eight years, in the first years of Hoke and Harbaugh. I just hope this time with Harbaugh, we can sustain the success. I'm 99% confident that'll happen considering his successes in both college and at the NFL, but I think this season will be even more telling than last year's.

With coach Harbaugh we'll definitely see consistency. Last season wasn't a fluke at all. This guy knows how to win. As you mentioned his past success speaks volumes. Coach Hoke was a good recruiter, and a likable guy, but he just couldn't get his teams to be consistent.

Navin

MALDREAD
With coach Harbaugh we'll definitely see consistency. Last season wasn't a fluke at all. This guy knows how to win. As you mentioned his past success speaks volumes. Coach Hoke was a good recruiter, and a likable guy, but he just couldn't get his teams to be consistent.

I'm rather annoyed that not once in my years as a student, we never won the B10. At least we had the Sugar Bowl-winning season in 2011, and two undefeated home seasons under Hoke (those were a lot of fun/tense games).

Feel like Michigan, as a legendary blue blood program, should be making the College Playoff once every five years. I don't think that's unreasonable.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I'm rather annoyed that not once in my years as a student, we never won the B10. At least we had the Sugar Bowl-winning season in 2011, and two undefeated home seasons under Hoke (those were a lot of fun/tense games).

Feel like Michigan, as a legendary blue blood program, should be making the College Playoff once every five years. I don't think that's unreasonable.

The last time Michigan won a outright Big 10 Championship...well....You have to go all the way back to 2003. I was in 6th grade that year lol. I'm glad they won the Sugar Bowl that season. That's Michigan's 2nd BCS bowl win. They defeated Alabama in the 2000 Orange Bowl (very exciting game) I'm sure Michigan will be going to many more BCS bowls under Harbaugh. Hopefully someday Michigan can win a National Championship again. The drought needs to end!!

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Jesus I didn't expect USC to lose THAT much.

Still wondering how they got this matchup. Glad it's over.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Shocked that the Ravens cut Justin Forsett. I mean yeah, he's an aging veteran and the Ravens have several good RBs this season, but with Kenneth Dixon's recent injury I would've thought they'd hold onto Forsett a little while longer. Probably not a smart move to head into the regular season with only 2 healthy RBs.

EDIT: Supposedly there's a rumor that the Ravens could resign Forsett to a vet minimum, which makes a little more sense. Still though, this roster is crowded and the Ravens already have 3 good RBs, so that may not be a good move.

EDIT 2: Well it happened. Forsett is back.

Last edited: