• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NFL/NCAAF Thread: We don't huddle anymore in our society.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
It was nice to see the Lions win. Normally the Lions fold like a lawn chair in close games like that. A win is a win and I'll take it.

Wow, RGIII is already injured. I feel bad for the guy. He can never seem to stay healthy.

No Brady, no problem. The Patriots beat the Cardinals with Garoppolo at the helm.

celestial phantom

Didn't even notice that a new thread got started here, though not like the old one seems to live through off season.

NFL wise:
My Colts opened up in a loss, honestly with the lack of depth on our defense, and still trying to find an O-Line formation that works, I wouldn't mind seeing us not do well just to get a good drafting spot next year, work out on getting some potential good talent to rebuild that defense. A lot of teams week 1 really gave up lots of points this week. Kind of sucks for most/all FF Defenses, but for all the other positions I won week 1 in all 3 of my leagues so lol, at least I got something good out of week 1. Week 2 we're at Denver, and I'm not expecting us to win this one either.

College Football:
Nebraska plays Oregon right now, and it's time to get a strong win after getting our cupcake beatings out of the way like we should. This season should be doing our best for our Sammy boy. It honestly hurts losing a friend that you went to high school as well as graduated with, and have known for a decent amount of time now, especially when you were looking forward to his senior season. I'm hoping the guys do the best they can to get a good record and into a good bowl game this year all for Sam, I hope we don't regress randomly like we're used to, it'd leave a bad taste in my mouth to see that. So, let's hope we can see a win and go 3-0 to start our season.

celestial phantom

Nebraska just beat Oregon 35-32! Good, hard fought game honestly. There were multiple times I saw where they would give some large run room because the D-Line fell apart or got held out, and it just scared me that full on drive stops could have been given new life multiple times. Just pretty scary, but we won, and that's what matters.

Navin

MALDREAD
Nebraska just beat Oregon 35-32! Good, hard fought game honestly. There were multiple times I saw where they would give some large run room because the D-Line fell apart or got held out, and it just scared me that full on drive stops could have been given new life multiple times. Just pretty scary, but we won, and that's what matters.

Brady Hoke losing another B1G game? What's new.

Seriously though, does Oregon always go for 2 point conversions after every TD? I thought it was only after the first TD, and then normal single point PATs. Like they literally lost by 3 by missing 4 two-point conversions, lol....

That Michigan game was ugly. Credit to the team and coaches for getting back into the game after being down 7-21. Good teams always find a way to win. Jabrill Peppers is such a beast. If the Colorado QB hadn't gotten injured, I think it would have been a one-possession or 10 point win. Maybe Colorado is actually a good team, but the boys got to play better. But it's a test of adversity that was overcome.

Anyway, I think Louisville should be ranked #1 in the country. That was a massacre over FSU.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Ugly win for Michigan, but I'll take it. It just took them a while to wake up. Colorado came to play. They seem much improved.

Wow, Iowa lost to North Dakota State
Wisconsin sqeaked by lowly Georgia State
Western Michigan beat up Illinois

Florida State got vanquished by Louisville.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Brady Hoke losing another B1G game? What's new.

Seriously though, does Oregon always go for 2 point conversions after every TD? I thought it was only after the first TD, and then normal single point PATs. Like they literally lost by 3 by missing 4 two-point conversions, lol....

That Michigan game was ugly. Credit to the team and coaches for getting back into the game after being down 7-21. Good teams always find a way to win. Jabrill Peppers is such a beast. If the Colorado QB hadn't gotten injured, I think it would have been a one-possession or 10 point win. Maybe Colorado is actually a good team, but the boys got to play better. But it's a test of adversity that was overcome.

Anyway, I think Louisville should be ranked #1 in the country. That was a massacre over FSU.

Louisville gaining the #1 ranking would be a huge accomplishment for a program that only 15 years ago was considered a mid-major playing in C-USA (where they actually won a "mid-major national title" in 2001 by being the highest-ranked non-AQ team in the final polls)

Genos

The Indigo Disk
USC lost to Stanford. Not a lot but with poor play. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

At least ND and Oregon lost. Also haha Texas. Controversial play at the end but oh well.

Louisville proved they belong in the Power 5.

Last edited:

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Louisville proved they belong in the Power 5.

The ACC is planning a new cable network. I think it's a perfect opportunity for them to add Cincinnati and Connecticut.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Wow, the Ravens are absolutely tanking against the Browns. What in God's name is happening?

EDIT: We're in a better position now, only down by 1. But still, that first quarter gave me a heart attack, we gave up 20 points to Cleveland in a matter of minutes. Don't think we're a playoff team this year.

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Man, that was a RAZOR close win. The fact that we're just barely winning against weak teams like Buffalo and Cleveland is not a good sign for our season.

sanae

stop trying to be god ☆
i think miami has given up on winning and just wants to take out qbs

and honestly i think i'm okay with it at this point

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
The NFL literally trying to get the entire Lions LBs and Stafford killed, and we have an emotionless doofus at coach watching it unfold...

I wanted to rip my hair out watching all of that unfold. I think Caldwell will be gone after the season. The Lions go through coaches like toilet paper, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Rams won! Both team's defense were the main priority from this game.

It was hard to root for both. This is over for now.

Last edited:

Remix2

Giant win again but didn't look to good, defense was on point but offense couldn't make big play without dropping or fumbling that football. Hopefully that next game offense can get there act together.

Oh and does anyone think that the colts have the worst defense this season?

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
When I was listening to sports radio the other day they were ripping on Jeff Fisher and the Rams.

I think they're eating tons of crow right now since the Rams beat the Seahawks.

Almost Browns, almost! As a Lions fan, I know how it feels to see your favorite team lose a lot. lf there was a garbage bowl both teams would be playing each other almost every season. The Lions are good at ripping my heart out.