• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NFL/NCAAF Thread: We don't huddle anymore in our society.

Navin

MALDREAD
What's your expectations for Michigan when they play in Iowa, because I'm a bit worried about that one.

I've noticed the offense perking up (Speight looks pretty darn good and we have plenty of playmakers), but our defense (more specifically our d-line isn't quite as dominant as it was earlier this year). Teams figured out a way to neutralize the d-line. We've also been getting gashed by the east to west read option plays and off-tackle runs lately.

UM 30 - 13 Iowa.

It always feel with our team this year that when they feel like tryharding, they become so dominant, and then they take a break lol. As for the defense, I think they worked on the perimeter tackling, but regardless what matters is even if they give up 400 yards, if the opposing team can't get into the endzone then it doesn't matter, and the team will always be clutch with that.

I think Michigan wins. Speight gets better each week. He is very elusive in the pocket and extends plays. I know Iowa has King at CB, but he can't possibly shut down all our weapons. Just throw to the other side of the field to whoever he isn't covering.

I've got a question for NFL fans, is Matt Stafford a top five QB right now with how he's playing? I don't know what Jim Bob Cooter has done, but he has Stafford playing well.

18 touchdowns, 5 INTS, and a completion percentage of 67.7 (better double check that) is impressive, especially with the Lions' crappy O-line.

Stafford is easily a top five QB right now, and has been a top ten QB for years (and in 2011 or so was top 3).

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
Stafford is easily a top five QB right now, and has been a top ten QB for years (and in 2011 or so was top 3).
I think back in 2011, Brady/Rodgers/Brees would disagree with you. They were clearly better if you look at the more "telling" stats and not the ones that automatically jump out like total yds or TDs. I could even throw Romo ahead of him if you're just talking regular season, but the Cowboys didn't make the playoffs and the Lions did, so that gives him the edge overall for that season in my book.

I agree with him being a top10 QB, top5 right now...maybe. The way he's playing right now, this might be his best season yet.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I see Michigan winning tonight, but a night game at Iowa is never easy. However, this Michigan team is too good. This team is locked and loaded. I'll be interested to see how they handle the loud hostile environment tonight.

Swordsman4

UM 30 - 13 Iowa.

It always feel with our team this year that when they feel like tryharding, they become so dominant, and then they take a break lol. As for the defense, I think they worked on the perimeter tackling, but regardless what matters is even if they give up 400 yards, if the opposing team can't get into the endzone then it doesn't matter, and the team will always be clutch with that.

The score looks right, I had the Wolverines winning 24-14; although they gotta keep the foot on the pedal.

I agree. Can you imagine of his o-line was better? It's amazing the year he's having, Lions don't even have Calvin.

I see Michigan winning tonight, but a night game at Iowa is never easy. However, this Michigan team is too good. This team is locked and loaded. I'll be interested to see how they handle the loud hostile environment tonight.

Let's see if Peppers can add to his Heisman reel tonight. This will be a good road test, tonight is a sample of what awaits us in Columbus.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I hope Peppers can! That guy is a once in a lifetime type player! He's definitely Heisman worthy in my opinion.

Clemson just lost wooooooooow!

Swordsman4

I hope Peppers can! That guy is a once in a lifetime type player! He's definitely Heisman worthy in my opinion.

Clemson just lost wooooooooow!

Everybody in the top five looks to sweating things. Washington is trailing USC, Louisville was trailing Wake Forest, and Clemson lost. Crazy day in college football. I'm actually starting to get worried about the Wolverines. 10-8 is WAY too close for my tastes with all the potential upsets today.

We need Peppers to give the offense a jump start. It has struggled a bit the last two possessions.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Michigan is letting Iowa hang around. I had a feeling this might happen. Plus it's a night road game. I kept saying all week this would be a tough enviroment to play in. Michigan needs to wake up. They're sleep walking right now and Iowa is playing extremely hard.

I agree. Peppers needs to jumpstart this offense.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Omg...USC won!? What an incredible game they played. GG Washington.

I'm starting to like Clay Helton now. These recent wins prove he got better since the early season began and those "scandals"

Sam Darnold man, he's legit.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
OMG CHANNING STRIBBLING with the interception come on Michigan hold on and get this win baby!

I'm about to go into cardiac arrest....

Last edited:

ebevan91

lol Clemson, lol Michigan, lol Washington

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
**** *** *****!!! I feel like my heart has just been ripped out of my chest. This hurts bad. Our perfect season just went down the toilet. I am sick and tired of being on the other end of these heartbreaker games. Losing by a game winning field goal sucks a big bag of you know what. That's the same way my high school team lost their semifinal game when I played high school football. It sucks. It just flat out sucks.

Swordsman4

**** *** *****!!! I feel like my heart has just been ripped out of my chest. This hurts bad. Our perfect season just went down the toilet. I am sick and tired of being on the other end of these heartbreaker games. Losing by a game winning field goal sucks a big bag of you know what. That's the same way my high school team lost their semifinal game when I played high school football. It sucks. It just flat out sucks.

Last year it was the botched snap, this year it was a walkoff field goal. I also had the "blessing" of staying up and getting to see Aaron Rodgers launch that Hail Mary on Detroit last year. Ugh...

Michigan's defense looked stellar, considering the offense went three and out constantly. The offense looks bad and play calling is wonky. Harbaugh and Fisch pass WAY too much. We are supposed to be a power run team. Speight also missed several wide open WRs by overthrowing them. Chris Evans does not get enough carries, Higdon isn't that good but Harbaugh trusts him more. At least they didn't use the Morris package that screws up the pace of the offense...

We have a lot of work to do in the next year or two to improve on that side of the ball.

Iowa played a heaven of a game and wanted the win more than we did.

We aren't out of the woods yet, Indiana and that school down south are waiting for us. And after the offense's horrific performance this week, I doubt we beat OSU. Hopefully we still get a decent bowl game. (Please for the love of God, just not the Outback or Citrus. Can we get something a little more prestigious?)

I can't believe that the second, third, and fourth ranked teams fell all in the same week. College football has a lot of upsets lately. Any given Saturday boys...

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Rank 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 8th went down Saturday. This is why I love College Football, anything can happen.

I'm proud at the Trojans. This team look different when they were previously 1-3. They turned it around.

Bring it Bruins!

Navin

MALDREAD
It was one of those games where everything went right for Iowa. They had a bunch of penalties called their way (really a targeting? Really brushing side of helmet = facemask? Really their kicker running into our player? Really King avoiding easy calls?). Somehow the receivers couldn't catch the balls they have been doing all season (that interception ugh) and Speight couldn't hit the deep balls as cleanly. Harbaugh and coaches didn't run the ball as much until the 4th and the timeouts weren't well-handled. Playing at Iowa seems to just make the team play so lifelessly. That's college football though. I'll gladly take this loss if it fires up the team and gets them to win over OSU on the road (and obviously Indiana next week). Destiny to reach the playoff is still in Michigan's hands.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
This loss sucks so bad. This Michigan team isn't even bad. If they fail to beat Ohio State I'm going to be even more upset. I am so sick and tired of seeing them lose in Columbus. I am so sick and tired of seeing them lose to Ohio State in general. Michigan has to win these next two games or they have zero shot at the Big 10 title and playoff. I had a bad feeling about this Iowa game. I had it maked on the schedule. Now you all know why.

Playing at Iowa is never easy.

Navin

MALDREAD
This loss sucks so bad. This Michigan team isn't even bad. If they fail to beat Ohio State I'm going to be even more upset. I am so sick and tired of seeing them lose in Columbus. I am so sick and tired of seeing them lose to Ohio State in general. Michigan has to win these next two games or they have zero shot at the Big 10 title and playoff. I had a bad feeling about this Iowa game. I had it maked on the schedule. Now you all know why.

Playing at Iowa is never easy.

I'd rather have the gut check now then before playing at Columbus. This was just Murphy's Law last night. No matter what, even if Michigan went 0 losses or 1 loss into Columbus, the loser of that game was going to be eliminated from the College Football Playoff. Win out and it doesn't change anything.

We aren't out of the woods yet, Indiana and that school down south are waiting for us. And after the offense's horrific performance this week, I doubt we beat OSU. Hopefully we still get a decent bowl game. (Please for the love of God, just not the Outback or Citrus. Can we get something a little more prestigious?)

We're going to defeat Indiana and OSU anyway, but at worst a 10-2 regular season record would get a big name program like Michigan into one of the New Year's Six.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Now it has gotten to the point where the Packers are under .500. McCarthy has got to go. Ever since we lost to Peyton last year we are 9-12 including playoffs. This franchise is becoming a sinking ship. Nick Saban would do wonders for this team. He'd have us Super Bowl champions faster than you can say supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

DarkSword39

Heehouhouhouhou!
Now it has gotten to the point where the Packers are under .500. McCarthy has got to go. Ever since we lost to Peyton last year we are 9-12 including playoffs. This franchise is becoming a sinking ship. Nick Saban would do wonders for this team. He'd have us Super Bowl champions faster than you can say supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.
I don't know, in all honesty. Something is definitely wrong with the Packers. The defense has a lot of injuries, so I'll cut them some slack. The offense has no running game. Aaron Rodgers has accounted for every single offensive touchdown, so that is an issue. I did notice something though with the Packers. Aaron Rodgers' quarterback coach and offensive coordinator for most of his career had been Tom Clements, and now he is the assistant coach. Edgar Bennett is now the offensive coordinator. Maybe Bennett's not calling the right plays. Kinda looks like it right now.

But anywho, my Chiefs won today! We were down 17-0, then we scored 20 unanswered points. Good job Marcus Peters.