• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NFL/NCAAF Thread: We don't huddle anymore in our society.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Arizona State loses and we have reached 48 bowl-ineligible teams. For the second year in a row, every bowl eligible team will go to a bowl.

ThePokemonmaster11

Michigan just lost in Columbus again...when will this nightmare end? I'm tired of losing to Ohio State and losing crucial games. The Wolverines are the new Detroit Lions–they find new ways to let you down. How could the Wolverines just stand there and let Samuel run around? He was a good five yards behind the line.

Don Brown's D needs to watch tape on zone read offenses. In case they haven't noticed, it's an option play and it involves east to west running. Also they need to work on pursuing the ball carrier.

On a secondary note, Speight played and played like absolute crap in the second half again. He coughed up the ball too much and looked like me trying to throw a pass. He threw behind his receivers and missed critical throws. Please for the love of God can we find a decent QB?!

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
The team I fear the most is Alabama at this point. They're perfectly built. They have the coach I want to lead the Packers.

In the Pac-12 last year's Washington State win over Oregon in 2OT signaled the end of an era in the Pacific Northwest - Oregon's 7-year reign over the region was at an end. It wasn't until this year that the power shift in the region became really apparent. Yesterday Washington and Washington State played for all the marbles - not only were bragging rights within the state of Washington on the line, but the North Division title was also on the line, and the winner would also sweep their regional rivals this season (both schools had already swept the Oregon schools). Washington won handily, and will have a chance to add a conference title to its resume next Friday.

In the Mountain rivalry pod (Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, Utah) there has also been a power shift - just 2 years ago Arizona and Arizona State were meeting for rivalry pod supremacy for the third year in a row (that is, third year in a row the Territorial Cup winner sweeps their rivalry pod) - Arizona State had won in 2012 and 2013, and once Stanford finished off UCLA in 2014, Arizona and Arizona State also would play for the Pac-12 South title - Arizona won that year and took home all the marbles from the Territorial Cup game. Now it is Colorado and Utah who are the stronger teams in their rivalry pod, but they're not necessarily playing for all the marbles tonight. While the winner of tonight's game will sweep their rivalry pod, only Colorado can clinch a berth in the Pac-12 title game with a win tonight - if Utah wins that goes to USC.

And in California, Stanford has already swept their in-state rivals again and remain the top college football team in the state, but for how much longer? USC is looking to take back control of at least the state of California soon, but don't take UCLA for granted. They are down this year but might come back next year and make a run for the Pac-12 title as a dark horse candidate.

Navin

MALDREAD
That officiating was downright awful, and the refs should be fired. Penalties for throwing a sheet, phantom PI, how the hell was that a first down in the end?!?? Whatever, we squandered that game away, but that was one of the worst officiating displays, and Harbaugh should be rightfully pissed. OSU probably is going to the playoff, even though they played worse for most of the game. Maybe the committee will give it to the B10 champion instead.

ThePokemonmaster11

That officiating was downright awful, and the refs should be fired. Penalties for throwing a sheet, phantom PI, how the hell was that a first down in the end?!?? Whatever, we squandered that game away, but that was one of the worst officiating displays, and Harbaugh should be rightfully pissed. OSU probably is going to the playoff, even though they played worse for most of the game. Maybe the committee will give it to the B10 champion instead.

Did you see Darboh get mugged as he ran down the field and Perry get his arm held down? It's one thing if you are calling things consistently or letting both sides play, but the refs screwed us over big time. Still, I'm not gonna blame the refs. You should expect home cooking in this series. I was not impressed by Harbaugh's play calling and I was even more appalled by Speight's boneheaded mistakes.

He fumbled the snap, threw multiple ints, stumbled as he handed off the ball, and was erratic. He kept throwing behind receivers and couldn't deliver on target during the second half.

Ugh...don't get me started on the spot for JT. That was garbage. The OSU lineman's rear end was in the way and was behind the first down marker. Still, poor pursuit on Samuel on the previous play hurt us big time.

I'm fed up with Michigan losing to those arrogant jerks down in Columbus.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I seem to know a lot about college football...should I become a college football commentator?

Navy will become the first team to play a conference championship game one week and another regular season game the following week (Army). The Army-Navy Game is fixed on the second Saturday on December and cannot be moved.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Nothing like losing a chance at a Big 10 Championship and a spot in the College Football playoff thanks to **** officiating. The only people that think that was a first down are bias Ohio State fanboys. Trust me if the situation was reversed Ohio State fans would be complaining. Michigan played their hearts out. We could have played better, but the officiating played a huge role in Ohio States win. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. I'm not salty, I'm not mad, because Michigan played hard. Michigan had to play a good Ohio State football team today, and they had to play against the refs too. That's no easy task. I just wish refs would call the game right. I watch football to watch the players play. There were calls on Michigan that were right, but there were also a lot of horse **** calls. It is what it is. I'm used to seeing my teams lose heartbreakers. The football gods hate me.

ThePokemonmaster11

Nothing like losing a chance at a Big 10 Championship and a spot in the College Football playoff thanks to **** officiating. The only people that think that was a first down are bias Ohio State fanboys. Trust me if the situation was reversed Ohio State fans would be complaining. Michigan played their hearts out. We could have played better, but the officiating played a huge role in Ohio States win. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. I'm not salty, I'm not mad, because Michigan played hard. Michigan had to play a good Ohio State football team today, and they had to play against the refs too. That's no easy task. I just wish refs would call the game right. I watch football to watch the players play. There were calls on Michigan that were right, but there were also a lot of horse **** calls. It is what it is. I'm used to seeing my teams lose heartbreakers. The football gods hate me.

The Lions won so the football gods had to compensate.

Really though, what's with the crappy officials this week? The Lions got robbed of two turnovers against the Vikings and then the refs in Columbus screw us over. I swear people hate Michigan teams.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Brian Kelly should be fired from ND and never coach in the Power 5 again. Rumor has it Tommy Tuberville will be out at Cincinnati. I'm open to a return of Kelly to Cincinnati. That is where he was really good. If Cincinnati joins the ACC afterward Kelly could try to redeem himself for his failure at ND. That would be the one exception to Kelly never coaching in the Power 5 I would be fine with.

Jim Tressel should be ND's coach. Not only do they need him, he needs them. Football is in his blood. He would have made a great NFL coach especially for the Browns who have not made the playoffs in years (given his ties to the area). Now that his show-cause penalty is going to be over, he needs this shot at redemption. He shouldn't have to settle for being a university president in the long term, only as a stop-gap measure until the penalty expired.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Ohio State shouldn't make the playoffs anyway. If you have a team make the playoffs without winning their division you're going to run into bad situations later.

ebevan91

Ohio State shouldn't make the playoffs anyway. If you have a team make the playoffs without winning their division you're going to run into bad situations later.

Reminds me of the Alabama-LSU championship game. Same scenario really, and LSU crapped the bed in that game too. Or they could just give the Big10 a big middle finger and make it 1) Alabama, 2) Washington/Clemson, 3) Washington/Clemson, and 4) Western Michigan.

But that would never happen. Ohio State does have media bias going for it though.

Navin

MALDREAD
In all honesty, both OSU and Michigan are likely among the best four teams in the land, alongside obviously Alabama and probably Clemson. It's a shame both of our losses came down to a last-second FG and double OT finish, and on the road. Maybe if Clemson and Washington lose in their title games, the committee might take a 2-loss Michigan over a 2-loss B10 champ in Wisconsin/PSU (both teams lost to Michigan) and B12 champ. It was truly an epic, great game, and it's bitter to be on the losing side again. That officiating display will never be something I'll forget.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Welp, USC isn't going to Santa Clara next week now. thanks a lot Utah Even though we clobbered dem Irish, seriously #99 Tillery was being unclassy for what he did. Hope he gets kicked off of the ND team.

I'm proud of the Trojans, 8 straight games winning. Adoree is an amazing player to watch. Helton changed my opinion on him, he got this team together after a rocky start. I hope this a sign of great things to come in the next few years.

5 perfect day this season! NO LOSS NOVEMBER AGAIN!

Last edited:

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I hate to be that guy, but two interceptions and a fumble didn't help out Michigan's chances. However, the officiating was one sided all game. Ohio State was only called for two penalties all game. Heck, they didn't even measure the damn spot on that JT Barrett run. He was short. I've rewatched the play at least 15 times now. I even have friends that are Ohio State fans and even they said that wasn't a first down. Had JT actually made the first down I would be man enough to admit that, but he didn't get it. Michigan ultimately beat themselves, but the officiating was so one sided. It was truly sickening to see.

With that being said I'm over it now. Life goes on. There's still a bowl game to be played. It's not like Michigan bent over for Ohio State. Michigan played their hearts out.

I'm just going to leave this here. I found it interesting. Hmm.
[IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/j8TtkTF.jpg[/IMG300]

Last edited:

Navin

MALDREAD
Welp, USC isn't going to Santa Clara next week now. thanks a lot Utah Even though we clobbered dem Irish, seriously #99 Tillery was being unclassy for he did. Hope he gets kicked off of the ND team. I'm proud of Trojans, 8 straight games winning. Adoree is an amazing player to watch. Helton changed my opinion on him, he got this team together after a rocky start. I hope this a sign of great things to come in the next few years. 5 perfect day this season! NO LOSS NOVEMBER AGAIN!

USC is probably one of the best teams in the country honestly. In fact, I'd personally rank the top 8 as: 1. Alabama 2. OSU 3. Michigan 4. Clemson 5. Washington 6. USC 7. Wisconsin 8. Colorado.

Hopefully, the committee ranks us at #5 after Alabama, OSU, Clemson, and Washington. We beat Wisconsin, c'mon, and destroyed Penn State.

ThePokemonmaster11

USC is probably one of the best teams in the country honestly. In fact, I'd personally rank the top 8 as: 1. Alabama 2. OSU 3. Michigan 4. Clemson 5. Washington 6. USC 7. Wisconsin 8. Colorado.

Hopefully, the committee ranks us at #5 after Alabama, OSU, Clemson, and Washington. We beat Wisconsin, c'mon, and destroyed Penn State.

I think Michigan is the number 5 team in the country. After seeing their offense the last few weeks, I don't think they a worthy of a top four spot. However, their defense is fantastic, aside from our inability to stop east to west running. We need faster linebackers. Other than Peppers and McCray, we don't have athletes at that position, hence the poor defense against perimeter runs. USC is good, who took over the program after Sark?

Wisconsin is stout defensively and has a better overall running game than Michigan. Heck, they have better play callers. They don't send their most dynamic player out onto the field to esentially run QB Power/QB Draws out of the wildcat that everyone in the stadium knows are coming when his strength is getting to the outside with his speed.

What bowl game do you think the Wolverines? Hope to God we don't play USC, historically we lose against USC and the way Speight's been playing lately that trend would likely continue.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
USC is good, who took over the program after Sark?
Clay Helton, a coach who many Trojan fans consider he wasn't the one. I was of one them too. After that debacle game against Bama and Utah, I wanted him off the team. But after beating Oregon and surprisingly Washington (which I thought we were gonna lose this one back in my prediction post last month), he improved the defense and offense. He changed our QB Browne to redshirt rookie Darnold and made him fantastic. He changed our views on him, from which we were recovering from Drunky Sark.

We could somehow get into the Rose Bowl if Washington beats Colorado next week (at least that's what I heard). I honestly don't want to face you guys, I love Harbaugh and Michigan. I'd rather face Penn State or Wisconsin (especially Wisconsin for last year's bowl game grrr).

Hope we get a good bowl game. This week's gonna be thrilling!

Last edited:

Navin

MALDREAD
I think Michigan is the number 5 team in the country. After seeing their offense the last few weeks, I don't think they a worthy of a top four spot.

The offense is fine. Iowa is a rising team, and it was an away night game. Speight got injured, and wasn't around for Indiana. He still wasn't 100% at an away game at OSU, and OSU also has a good defense. Clemson lost at home to Pitt, and Washington lost at home too, albeit to a good USC team. The AP Poll obviously agrees with you, and places them at #5, but I suspect that's because they can't really keep Michigan at #3 with Clemson and Washington winning and with one less loss. Coaches Poll has them at #6, with Wisconsin somehow being ahead.

However, their defense is fantastic, aside from our inability to stop east to west running. We need faster linebackers. Other than Peppers and McCray, we don't have athletes at that position, hence the poor defense against perimeter runs. USC is good, who took over the program after Sark? Wisconsin is stout defensively and has a better overall running game than Michigan. Heck, they have better play callers. They don't send their most dynamic player out onto the field to esentially run QB Power/QB Draws out of the wildcat that everyone in the stadium knows are coming when his strength is getting to the outside with his speed. What bowl game do you think the Wolverines? Hope to God we don't play USC, historically we lose against USC and the way Speight's been playing lately that trend would likely continue.

It all depends on where the playoff committee keeps Michigan. Alabama could lose to Florida and still get in (unless they get destroyed, which isn't happening). Ohio State is likely a lock at this point, barring an impressive blowout in the B10 title game that makes the committee take Wisconsin/Penn State instead. If Clemson and Washington win their title games, they're in.

Now if the committee ranks Michigan at #6 after Wisconsin, then we're going to the New Year's Six to most likely the Orange Bowl. If the committee, like the AP Poll, ranks Michigan at #5, then there's still an outside chance we could reach the playoff, especially if Colorado (a team Michigan beat) defeats Washington for the Pac-12 title. If Virginia Tech defeats Clemson, not the most likely outcome, but if it happens, then that leaves room as well. It depends on how much they value conference championships, since both teams in the B10 title game lost to Michigan, and Penn State needed a stunning FG-block-for-TD to beat OSU.

Just based off the "eye test," the fact that #2 v #3 was that close (and by that, the refs jobbed UM) should mean that both stay where they are, so maybe in the off-chance the committee justifies that Michigan still has three top ten wins and shouldn't drop, but realistically that isn't happening. Although who wouldn't want to see a rematch on a neutral field...

Acecrj

Master Trainer
Yeah even though I was cheering for Ohio that definitely wasn't a first down. Also the buccaneers sure are becoming an upset team.