• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NFL/NCAAF Thread: We don't huddle anymore in our society.

celestial phantom

A variety of outcomes can come from these last two weeks, and it's going to be interesting to see how the last four or so spots of each side of the conference playoffs end up. So many playoff spots can get reshuffled based on certain teams winning and losing today and next week. Green Bay, Tampa Bay, Washington, NYG, and Detroit's playoff futures hinge on what happens come at the end of today or next week for the NFC. I think with a loss to the Raiders (which is gonna happen unless we hail mary about 14 points in the next 3 minutes) the Colts are out of the hunt to the Texans regardless of if Houston loses it's next 2 games. The Titans without Mariota can not possibly win the AFC South at this point, at least I don't believe there is a shot for them with Matt Cassel as QB. The Broncos livelyhood in the playoffs now come down to actually managing a win against KC and a now possibly Carr less Raiders next week, and the fact Miami has to play NE as it's finale. If they can just overcome KC tomorrow, Denver still has hope. The Ravens and Steelers literally control their destiny based on tomorrow's game. Baltimore wins, and they have a shot to win the AFC North as long as they can beat the Bengals or if the Steelers also were to lose to the Browns. Miami basically has to hope for a Denver loss to get a playoff spot as they are the only team that can take their spot away from them at this point.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Well Mariotta and Carr both broke their legs to end their seasons, so it's like they want the Patriots to win again.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
The Lions are still the only team to go 0-16. Way to go Chargers. You just had to let the Browns win lol.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
The Browns won!!!!!!!! Now that weatherman can shave!!!!! http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...-fan-meteorologist-0-16-winless-parade-120316

But that win might actually be costly for them. If the 49ers lose both games (which is likely) and the Browns lose against the Steelers (which is also likely), then the 49ers will get the Number 1 pick in the draft, then the Browns. The Browns can never win even when they do win.
Nope, those dumb Rams choked again. 49ers really wanted that win huh? They're most likely getting the #2 pick now.

Poor Chargers, this season has been the worst for them. I can't see them winning their last home game in San Diego against the Chiefs. Because KC has their playoff hopes on the line. They will have no sympathy for SD fans and players next week. Spanos is already at the door.

If they leave for LA please fire McCoy. They need a new coach to re-brand themselves here. no Fisher plz

Last edited:

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
With carr's injury, the afc is pretty much a lock for the patriots now.

The nfc is wide open. The cowboys are favorites, but the giants have their number, the packers and falcons are red hot, and you can never count out the seahawks.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
After years of coaching stability in the AFC North outside of Cleveland, it's very much possible we could see three head coaching changes in the division for next season - Baltimore, Cincinnati and Cleveland.

sanae

stop trying to be god ☆
miami has the dolphins! the greatest football team! we take the ball from goal to goal, like no ones ever seen!

both christmas day games were fun to watch- steelers/ravens was very close and chiefs/broncos was fun to watch (especially poe's touchdown pass).

not related to that, but gase should 100% get coach of the year. took us from 1-4 to 10-5 (currently) and in the playoffs.

ebevan91

miami has the dolphins! the greatest football team! we take the ball from goal to goal, like no ones ever seen!

both christmas day games were fun to watch- steelers/ravens was very close and chiefs/broncos was fun to watch (especially poe's touchdown pass).

not related to that, but gase should 100% get coach of the year. took us from 1-4 to 10-5 (currently) and in the playoffs.

I loved Poe's touchdown pass because he played for my favorite college team (I almost went there too).

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
Looks like they've moved the Packers/Lions game to SNF for Week 17.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
After years of coaching stability in the AFC North outside of Cleveland, it's very much possible we could see three head coaching changes in the division for next season - Baltimore, Cincinnati and Cleveland.

The Ravens aren't firing Harbaugh... yet. The coordinators are more likely to be fired than Harbaugh right now, especially OC Marty Mornhingweg. Our offense has a lot of weapons but we just can't seem to put it together, and one of the problems there is that the playcalling just isn't creative enough. But they definitely do need to break up the trio of Harbaugh/Mornhingweg/Pees, because the coaching as a whole isn't really helping this team. I'm not sure any of them are going to be here much longer.

This season really just shows the Ravens are still rebuilding, there's several positions that still need extra manpower, CB, pass rush, and OL especially. Ozzie should make some major investments in those positions this offseason if we're ever going to be a playoff team again.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I really hope that the Lions can get over the hump. I'm sick and tired of watching the Packers beat the Lions when it matters most. The Lions need to worry about the Cowboys first, though.

The Cowboys may sit some starters, but they will still play to win. Hopefully this will be a great game.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
The lions could still get a bye week if they beat the cowboys and packers and if the falcons lose next week.

ebevan91

The lions could still get a bye week if they beat the cowboys and packers and if the falcons lose next week.

That's a long shot.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
The Seahawks' home schedule has been determined for next year as their positional home game is against an NFC South team, and since they and the Falcons won their divisions, Seattle will be hosting the Falcons.

I'd like to see the Seahawks host a game in Vancouver every year (in December usually after the CFL season ends), and Atlanta would be the best opponent for a game in Vancouver next year right now.

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
Being a Cowboys fan, it really doesn't matter if they lose tonight. All I pray for lol, is that nobody gets injured. I don't want them to end up like the Raiders (Derek Carr) and lose somebody real important before the playoffs start, that'd be absolutely horrible (hope I didn't just jinx them).

Remix2

Giant finally get to the playoff again, hard to believe that it been 6 years since the last time we were in.

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
Giant finally get to the playoff again, hard to believe that it been 6 years since the last time we were in.
Yep, not since 2011 when they won the SB in which they defeated the Pats, yet again.

The 2007 season was probably the best run I've ever seen personally though. The teams the Giants beat in the playoffs, Tampa Bay was meh tbh, but then against my Boys when they went 13-3 with Romo, T.O., Marion Barber, etc...was good, then vs the Packers at Lambeau with Favre n Co where they won in OT, and of course vs the perfect Patriots for the SB win. I still remember Brady laughing during an interview a day or so prior when they asked him if they were going to score more than 17 pts (they were running up the score on everyone that season). Most people remember only Eli scrambling and the David Tyree circus catch, but I remember the real reason they won is because of the Giants D-Line (Osi, Tuck, Strahan, Robbins, Coefield) getting after Brady and causing chaos lol, was so good.