• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NFL/NCAAF Thread: We don't huddle anymore in our society.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I wonder if some Packer fans still want Mike McCarthy fired lol.

Honestly, I'm hoping for a Falcons/Chiefs Super Bowl. I'm a Tom Brady fan, but honestly I'm ready for some new blood in the Super Bowl. Plus, I hate the Packers. Go Atlanta lol.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Packers just got extremely lucky. They were starting to choke as usual thanks to the curse of the squirrel :p

They won't last against Atlanta especially with all of these injuries.

ebevan91

I'm just gonna sell my soul to the devil and pull for New England if Green Bay beats Atlanta.

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
Rodgers is just a man on a mission right now. They needed that TD at the end instead of a FG because I don't think the Boys would've won if it went into OT. The future is bright for the Boys though and they should control their division for a while now.

I still can't help but wonder if it would've been a different outcome if Romo was playing, but Dak wasn't the problem anyway (just 1 bad INT).

ebevan91

I'd say pass defense is their biggest problem right now.

ThePokemonmaster11

I thought we'd either get a Patriots-Cowboys/Packers Super Bowl. Still hope the Falcons win, I'm still salty about Detroit losing to the Packers. The key to an Atlanta win is finding that squirrel to put in Green Bay's locker room...

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Over the last 14 seasons, the AFC championship game has featured the following:

- 10 Patriots appearances
- 5 Steelers appearances
- 4 Colts appearances
- 3 Broncos appearances
- 3 Ravens appearances
- 2 Jets appearances
- 1 Chargers appearance

The Bengals, Bills, Browns, Chiefs, Dolphins, Jaguars, Raiders, Texans, and Titans have not made a single appearance.

By comparison over the same time period, the NFC:

- 4 Packers appearances
- 3 49ers appearances
- 3 Eagles appearances
- 3 Falcons appearances
- 3 Panthers appearances
- 3 Seahawks appearances
- 2 Bears appearances
- 2 Cardinals appearances
- 2 Giants appearances
- 2 Saints appearances
- 1 Vikings appearance

The Buccaneers, Lions, Rams, and Redskins are the only teams who have not made an NFC championship appearance during that span.

Navin

MALDREAD
Unless Pittsburgh knows how to score TDs instead of kicking FGs, I see the Patriots winning in the end, especially with the home field advantage.

Green Bay v Atlanta is hard to call. GB nearly choked again, but still pulled out the victory at Dallas. Atlanta has the offense to match GB, and Matt Ryan is a favorite to win MVP. Atlanta barely won at home against GB several months ago, so it'll probably be a close shootout.

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
Green Bay v Atlanta is hard to call. GB nearly choked again, but still pulled out the victory at Dallas. Atlanta has the offense to match GB, and Matt Ryan is a favorite to win MVP. Atlanta barely won at home against GB several months ago, so it'll probably be a close shootout.
I wouldn't necessarily say that "GB nearly choked again." I mean Dallas was the favorite, #1 seed, home, they beat the Packers in the regular season, etc...If anyone choked, it was Dallas when you think about it from this point of view.

I'm not a fan of Jason Garrett's late-game management either. Too many times it's been horrendous imo.

celestial phantom

Well it's about damn time, but the Colts are firing Ryan Grigson from the GM job. And it looks like Pagano might get one season or so to try and turn it around with a new GM, so yeah I'm pretty happy today. Of course there is always the question of who will take over (IN BEFORE BAALKE), but here's to hopefully someone who knows what they are doing in drafting offensive line talent and good secondary talent on the defense.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Colts players saying this was a long time coming is great.

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
Patriots up to their antics again? Sending in someone to the pull the ole fire alarm on the visiting team in the middle of the night. Well played, Bill Belicheat. :D

celestial phantom

http://aflcfootball.com/index.php/team/team_intro

China's Football league's teams. Sign me up for the Combat Orcas.

Forgot to comment on this, but dude HONG KONG WARHAWKS. That is a fantastic name, and the logo/mascot are both legit too, I'd play for them.

Also, hoping for the Falcons and Steelers to win today. Wouldn't mind a Steelers/Falcons super bowl, hoping the Falcons get theirs eventually with a championship. The Falcons are a team that has yet to win a SB so I'm hoping this year can be their year.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Let's not ignore the fact that the Packers are getting spanked right now. This Atlanta offense is good.

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
Let's not ignore the fact that the Packers are getting spanked right now. This Atlanta offense is good.
Looks like the Pack didn't even show up today. Dropped balls, turnovers, missed tackles, etc...The Boys could've made this game interesting at least.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Even though a road postseason loss is better than a home one I'm still gonna call for McCarthy's job. I felt only a Super Bowl title could save his job and he won't deliver one.

Here's hoping for Nick Saban.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Looks like the Packrats choked yet again in the playoffs lol. The curse of the squirrel is very much alive and hit them hard today.