• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NFL/NCAAF Thread: We don't huddle anymore in our society.

ebevan91

**** team got blown out twice in a row and they gotta play again on Thanksgiving.

But hey on the bright side, my college team won their division and will play for a conference championship in 2 weeks. They'll get a New Years Six bowl if they win because they'd overtake the current best "group of 5" team since that's likely who they'll play for the championship.

Last edited:

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
I'm pretty sure that was the fastest hire/fire in college football history.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
So much for winning the NFC North this season. Same old Lions.

Maybe they will get a wild card playoff birth. I can't wait to watch them lose in the 1st round.

Michigan lost to Ohio State once again. Nothing new. Same old same old. Thanks John O'Korn for throwing one of the worst interceptions that I've ever seen. That interception helped Michigan lose. The loss isn't just on O'Korn, but that interception really screwed Michigan.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Rams got a important win today! Hats off to the Saints for a intense battle. This team won't finish below .500 for the first time since 2006. With 5 games left, reaching the playoffs is the now the main goal.

USC got a bye yesterday but knows which team they'll play against at Santa Clara (it's Stanford, because Wazzu is trash just like Cal). We beat Stanford earlier this season and we'll do it again. So far no South division champ has won the Pac 12 championship game. That will change this Friday.

DarkSword39

Heehouhouhouhou!
The Chiefs suck. Oh well, at least we'll get a good draft pi-

Nope, we traded it to the Bills to get Mahomes. Hopefully Smith gets it together a little and then we can trade him for something. Hopefully. Maybe.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
Welp, 'Bama made the playoffs again despite not even making the SEC title game. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised since Ohio State snuck in last year without winning the Big 10. I still don't like them; they're the Patriots of college football. So, go Clemson! >_>

DarkSword39

Heehouhouhouhou!
Well, Alex Smith got his act together, but holy cow our defense SUCKS! Steven Nelson decided it was a good idea to give ASJ a big hug (defensive holding) in the endzone and then do it AGAIN the NEXT play! C'mon dude. I don't blame Marcus Peters for getting pissed and throwing the flag into the stands. I would've probably done something similar to that too. And also last time I checked, Phillip Gaines is the 112th rated CB in the league out of 112. Our defense just straight up sucks dood.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Rams sweep the Cardinals this season! Rams's first winning season since 2003. I nominate Sean McVay for Coach of the Year for this amazing season.

Next opponent is Eagles at home, who suffered a defeat at Seattle today. But I'm hyped for the Goff/Wentz duel.

USC won the Pac 12 champaionship against Stanford! First conference championship since 2008. This was a heck of season to watch. Injures and close games, but we did it.

USC will play at the Cotton Bowl surprisingly. I was thinking the Fiesta Bowl instead. Against tOhio State who are being favored in this matchup. I wouldn't mind being the underdog, we got this!

ThePokemonmaster11

Jim Harbaugh and the Wolverines play in the Outback Bowl in his third year against South Carolina. Hmm where have I seen this before?

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Rams lost against the Eagles. I feel sorry for Wentz (I heard torn ACL), hope he recovers well. Man injuries keeps getting bad every year. It's like a Patriots championship is inevitable again this season.

Next week we head to Seattle for which they lost against Jacksonville (thanks Jaguars). I hope we rebound from our previous loss against them.

Last edited:

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Jim Harbaugh and the Wolverines play in the Outback Bowl in his third year against South Carolina. Hmm where have I seen this before?

Hopefully this time Michigan wins. I know Michigan State fans are salty because Michigan got a better bowl than them. Next year should be a much better year for Michigan. Michigan was too young this season. They will return so much talent for next season. The offense will basically return everyone, and so will the defense. The offense will lose Mason Cole and Patrick Kugler. The defense will lose Maurice Hurst and Mike McCray. Hopefully Chase Winovich comes back as well. Tarik Black was coming on big and then he got injured earlier in the season. DPJ is proving to be a great talent, and Chris Evans and Karan Higdon had pretty good seasons carrying the load at runningback. Harbaugh has his quarterbacks. Now they just have to get meaningful playtime. Speight is transferring and O'Korn is gone after the bowl game. Brandon Peter's was doing pretty good and then he got hurt during the Wisconsin game.

Next season should be much better.

Also, Michigan might be getting quarterback Shae Patterson from Ole Miss. Michigan also has highly touted true freshman Joe Milton coming in as well at quarterback. He's a dual threat quarterback.

Next season will be interesting.

Last edited:

sanae

stop trying to be god ☆
dolphins might actually wind up a wild card team? doubt it but i also didn't really see us beating the pats even at home soo....

gotta win these bills games tho

TheBluePorygon

i miss the old kanye
Dang this thread is dead. Crazy night for the NFL last night. My Pats scraped by in Pittsburgh because of that awful catch rule, but I cannot complain because that is such a huge win for playoff seeding.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Dominance win for the Rams! I was excepting a close one but wow that was a blowout. I didn't get to see this game because I was at Las Vegas in the weekend. :( At least the NE-PIT game was entertaining.

Next week is at Tennessee, with only one more win to secure the division title.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
With the Packers out of the playoffs this year I think it's finally time to move on from McCarthy. I really hope we can bring in Nick Saban.

EDIT: The Browns are almost 0-16. I have a proposal to get them some easy wins next year:

The NFL should realign its divisions every year (while keeping teams in their current conferences) based on how each team does. The top 4 teams in each conference would form Division 1, and so on. Here is how each conference would look next year as of now:

AFC
Division 1: Baltimore, Jacksonville, New England, Pittsburgh
Division 2: Buffalo, Kansas City, LA Chargers, Tennessee
Division 3: Cincinnati, Denver, Miami, Oakland
Division 4: Cleveland, Houston, Indianapolis, NY Jets

NFC:
Division 1: LA Rams, Minnesota, New Orleans, Philadelphia
Division 2: Atlanta, Carolina, Dallas, Seattle
Division 3: Arizona, Detroit, Green Bay, Washington
Division 4: Chicago, NY Giants, San Francisco, Tampa Bay

Schedule format
Home-and-home against each team in division (6 games)
4 games against the division in the conference above you (if even-numbered division) or below you (if odd-numbered division) (4 games)
4 games against identically-numbered division in other conference (4 games)
2 games against teams in other divisions in conference with positions relative to yours (2 games)

The divisions would change every year based on how each team does - in essence it's like association football's promotion and relegation

Also ESPN needs to start flexing the 3 most compelling college football games each week to Sundays (through November, after which it starts counterprogramming the NFL with marquee NBA match ups until the end of the regular season of the NFL - all of this gives people in markets with bad NFL teams alternatives to watching said teams, especially if ESPN counterprogrammed a Browns game with an OSU or Cavs game).

The NFL can also get rid of the no opposing games part of the blackout rules (it's already eliminated the core part) so that people living near bad NFL teams don't need Sunday Ticket to watch good NFL games in the afternoon.

Last edited:

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Rams CLINCH the NFC WEST! First division title since 2003 (first in LA since 1985). What a huge turnaround this team has done from a year. Todd Gurley played like a MVP. Playoffs baby!

Next week's season finale is the 49ers at home. Goff vs Jimmy G. Cali Rivalry.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I wouldn't blame any Browns fans who decide to stop being fans after this.

EDIT: With the Falcons winning and the Seahawks losing, this will be the second year in a row that no 10-win teams will miss the playoffs. That had not happened since the 1992-2002 seasons.

Last edited:

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Welp the Cotton Bowl was bad to watch. USC couldn't score, not even a FG in the 2nd half! My only excuse for them was they had loads of injuries. I'm looking forward to the Daniels era and the rivalry against Chip's Bruins next season.

Rams lost to the Niners. Well this one was a non-important game as Goff, Gurley, and Donald weren't playing (ended up backfiring as Saints lost to make us get #3 seed). But man it got me in shakes for Jimmy G dominance in the NFC West next season.

Rams hosting the Falcons this Saturday for the Wildcard game. At Prime time!

Also thank you Chargers for sweeping the Raiders!

ebevan91

Wow, the Rose Bowl was a wild one. A top 10 college football game of all time, easily.