• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NFL/NCAAF Thread: We don't huddle anymore in our society.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
Shame 'Bama won the Sugar Bowl, but now the CFP folks and ESPN can hype up the championship as a big ol' SEC rivalry showdown in the south. Ah well, at least Michigan lost in their bowl game to cap off their lackluster season.

And congrats to the Bills for finally getting to make the playoffs after all this time.

ebevan91

I'm actually OK with the game being Georgia vs. Alabama because they didn't play this season. I wanted Oklahoma in there, though.

Also, the year is 2018 and the Bills-Jaguars is an NFL playoff matchup.

ThePokemonmaster11

Hopefully this time Michigan wins. I know Michigan State fans are salty because Michigan got a better bowl than them. Next year should be a much better year for Michigan. Michigan was too young this season. They will return so much talent for next season. The offense will basically return everyone, and so will the defense. The offense will lose Mason Cole and Patrick Kugler. The defense will lose Maurice Hurst and Mike McCray. Hopefully Chase Winovich comes back as well. Tarik Black was coming on big and then he got injured earlier in the season. DPJ is proving to be a great talent, and Chris Evans and Karan Higdon had pretty good seasons carrying the load at runningback. Harbaugh has his quarterbacks. Now they just have to get meaningful playtime. Speight is transferring and O'Korn is gone after the bowl game. Brandon Peter's was doing pretty good and then he got hurt during the Wisconsin game.

Next season should be much better.

Also, Michigan might be getting quarterback Shae Patterson from Ole Miss. Michigan also has highly touted true freshman Joe Milton coming in as well at quarterback. He's a dual threat quarterback.

Next season will be interesting.

Well, we lost–who’s got it better than us? The defense played their tails off, but the offense and offensive playcalling looked like crap. Drevno needs to go, in my opinion.

That loss doesn’t help our recruiting and things don’t get any easier from here. We face Notre Dame, Ohio State, and Michigan State on the road. We also face Wisconsin and Penn State. Throw in Northwestern and you’ve got a tough schedule.

Peters was not impressive, nor was the offensive line. I’m hoping Kevin Doyle, Joe Milton, and Dylan McCaffery are as good as advertised or Patterson gets to start immediately. Peters looks like Speight 2.0 so far.

Wow, the Rose Bowl was a wild one. A top 10 college football game of all time, easily.

Yeah, definitely one of the most fun games I've ever watched. I had already decided when that game went into OT that it was probably my favorite Georgia game of all time. The fact that my Dawgs won was just icing on the cake.

Although, I have to say, part of me wishes that Clemson had won the Sugar Bowl. Georgia-Clemson used to be an annual rivalry before the 90s, and they've only played a handful of times since then. It would have been cool to see them go head-to-head for a national title.

Navin

MALDREAD
Well, we lost–who’s got it better than us?

Yeah, part of how much I care about the football team died a bit this year. I have no doubt Harbaugh will succeed and have a glory season(s), but all these close losses in big games just take their toll. Hopefully the streak of bad luck and choking just ends.

Oakland has given Jon Gruden a 10 year, $100 million deal to coach the Raiders: https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/949347222214381568
As somebody who is a fan of Kansas City, I am totally a-okay with this.

Definitely don't think this is worth at all, but maybe the Gruden hype will actually deliver.

ThePokemonmaster11

Yeah, part of how much I care about the football team died a bit this year. I have no doubt Harbaugh will succeed and have a glory season(s), but all these close losses in big games just take their toll. Hopefully the streak of bad luck and choking just ends.

Definitely don't think this is worth at all, but maybe the Gruden hype will actually deliver.

The playcalling again South Carolina was just awful. I’ve seen high school teams call better plays. I watched that game and could pretty much tell you what Michigan was going to run each time they lined up. They threw deep on first down, ran up the middle on second down, and threw deep or ran up the middle on third down. If I knew that was coming, imagine how easy it was for South Carolina’s defensive coordinator.

You should see the headlines at the Detroit Free Press.

Gruden only won a Super Bowl because he inherited Tony Dungy’s building project. Dungy held the Greatest Show on Turf to seven points in the playoffs but couldn’t score. They had a bad offense because they lacked a decent QB. Tim Brown and Jerry Rice have more recently claimed that the game strategy was changed one day prior to facing Tampa in the Super Bowl as well, hinting at bad game management by the coaching staff or them throwing the game.

We’ll see if the hire pays off for the Raiders.

Navin

MALDREAD
The playcalling again South Carolina was just awful. I’ve seen high school teams call better plays. I watched that game and could pretty much tell you what Michigan was going to run each time they lined up. They threw deep on first down, ran up the middle on second down, and threw deep or ran up the middle on third down. If I knew that was coming, imagine how easy it was for South Carolina’s defensive coordinator.

Honestly playcalling didn't matter. Even with that scheme, we were up by 16, and then....as we've become all-too familiar with in the last six years, we choked. I know the team is young, but the OL needs to be coached well so our QBs aren't scared and under pressure. Of course, QB play has to improve as well. Better O-line and quarterback and at least 2 or 3 of those 5 losses become wins.

Genos

TTYD
Well that's the end of Rams season. Gotta give the Falcons credit for a tough match. This was our first playoff game in years and the team is still young. We still have a great chemistry together. Now hurry up and give Donald a big contract. Watkins too.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I was expecting at least a 9-3 or 8-4 season for Michigan. I didn't think they would lose 5 games. I knew the team was going to be extremely young. Next season everyone is basically coming back. Even Chase Winovich is returning, and Rashan Gary. Michigan's schedule will be tough, but if these young players grow up like they're supposed to Michigan should have a pretty good season. Especially if Shae Patterson can play. I just hope the dude lives up to the hype. Hopefully he can fit in this offense. He reminds me of Johnny Football. I just hope he doesn't end up having the same off the field problems like Johnny Football....

The South Carolina loss was brutal. The defense looked great, but the offense stunk things up like they have all season. This team has a lot of growing up to do. Next year will be Harbaugh's 4th season. It's time to see big time results. I just witnessed Alabama win a Natty with a freshman backup quarterback. I can't keep using the "Michigan is too young excuse" every season. We really need to see good results next season.

I know Alabama is Alabama, but still. Michigan is recruiting high caliber talent like Alabama does....It's time to see results....Eventually....

Last edited:

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
This year was a setback for Northern college football as a whole, by not having any Northern teams in the playoff at all. We now have reached 3 consecutive seasons without a Northern team scoring in the playoff after OSU won the title in 2014. The Northern Power 5 teams have really got to step up next year. Not just the Big Ten, but the Northern teams in the ACC and Big 12, and Missouri and Notre Dame. The Irish, Kansas State and Iowa State all had decent seasons last year. Can they make serious playoff runs next year?

Seems like Northern teams can succeed at every level of college football but the top (Midwestern teams won the FCS, D3 and NAIA football titles).

Last edited:

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
That Vikings vs Saints game was insane!

Vikings vs Eagles in the NFC Championship game.
Jaguars vs Patriots in the AFC Championship game.

This will be fun.

Swordsman4

How Same Old Lions would it be for them to have declared Matt Patricia is their guy only for him to turn down the job?

Manchee

extra toasty
Eagles vs Patriots for Super Bowl LII

Rematch of Super Bowl XXXIX

The Eagles are my home team, and even though I don’t watch sports all that much, a small part of me is excited that the team where I’m from is finally in the spotlight again. It feels good to see that happening, and people here are going to lose their minds if they win it in a couple weeks.

sanae

stop trying to be god ☆
thoughts on xfl? i'm hesitantly looking forward to it, but don't really see it taking off. do think that it will be more successful than it's first run.

if anything it'll just be some more football during the offseason of 2020 and that'll be the end of it.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Now, I think the Browns' bad season should lead to the NFL passing a new rule which would ban future arrangements similar to the one that brought the Browns back. Which would mean that once another team moves, it could take a long time for the city losing the team to get another one. The Browns have struggled for years since coming back, culminating in the 0-16 performance this past season.

Genos

TTYD
Donald wins DPOY, Gurley wins OPOY, and McVay wins HCOY.

As a Rams fan, I'm thrilled for their achievement.