• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NFL/NCAAF Thread: We don't huddle anymore in our society.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
The Lions and Michigan both won, so this was a good week for sports. For me anyways lol.
As long as the Lions stay either third or fourth in the NFC North I’ll be happy. The way the season is going it looks like the Packers will win the division and the team I root for will likely take one of the two Wild Card seeds.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
I’m glad NCAA players can now get paid and use their likeness, but I don’t like their statement and it obviously needs input from the players themselves. Plus screw them for acting like they’ve been pushing it for years now.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
I just witnessed the worst defeat USC has gotten this season.

All aboard the "Fire Helton" train!

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
So during Monday Night Football a black cat showed up on the field. Talk about bad luck.

Welp, the Lions lost again. Losing to the Raiders is not a good look...

Det. Viper

So during Monday Night Football a black cat showed up on the field. Talk about bad luck.

Welp, the Lions lost again. Losing to the Raiders is not a good look...
The Chargers (that beat the red hot Green Bay Packers) also lost to the Raiders in a great game on Thursday. Also appreciate the Chargers keeping Green Bay within one game of the Vikings.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
The Ravens are definitely surpassing my expectations for this year. I thought they might be a pretty good team and at least compete with Cleveland if not beat them out. But they're not just competing, they're dominating. The rest of the AFC North is pretty mediocre and we've come away with wins against some of the toughest teams in the league (I thought we'd be lucky to beat one of Seattle and New England, and we beat them both). Really feels like the sky's the limit with this team, things like 1st seed in the AFC and/or a Super Bowl win are actually in the realm of possibility for us this year.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
The way 49ers and Seahawks are playing. I'm staring to think my Rams aren't reaching the playoffs this year. The "superbowl hangover" has been into effect since week 3. Our only hope is to win the remaining games and other two starts losing. But that'll never happen.

The only I thing I want is to re-sign Ramsey. Trading for him was the only positive outcome this season.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
The Chargers (that beat the red hot Green Bay Packers) also lost to the Raiders in a great game on Thursday. Also appreciate the Chargers keeping Green Bay within one game of the Vikings.

You bring up some great valid points. Unfortunately they lost to the Bears yesterday. All in all though the Lions have improved this season. All of their losses were winnable games. They faired better than I expected yesterday especially with Stafford being injured. Not to mention Kerryon Johnson has been on injured reserve. When he's in the game the Lions actually have a legit running game.

Det. Viper

You bring up some great valid points. Unfortunately they lost to the Bears yesterday. All in all though the Lions have improved this season. All of their losses were winnable games. They faired better than I expected yesterday especially with Stafford being injured. Not to mention Kerryon Johnson has been on injured reserve. When he's in the game the Lions actually have a legit running game.
At the beginning of the season I thought that the Lions had a legit shot at taking the division or grabbing a wild card slot. But unless things change between now and Week 17 it seems that the NFC top 6 are almost a lock.

One thing I do like about football is that anybody can win any game. This past Sunday the Saints (7-1) and that won their last 6 lost to the Falcons (1-7). The Falcons looked like they were ready for the playoffs while the Saints looked like they were packing up for the season. Clearly the Saints are actually the ones playoff bound while the Falcons will watch from their living rooms. But divisional matchups could always go either way with no regard to how good either team is. That’s why the fans and the NFL loves these divisional matchups. (See NFL Week 17 for more proof of divisional game love)

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
The Jets have a chance to redeem themselves in the eyes of Browns fans this Sunday.

12 years ago, the Browns lost a game against the Bengals that they needed to win to clinch a playoff spot. Browns fans then hoped the Jets would beat the Titans, which also didn't happen and the Titans gained the tie-breaker over the Browns. The following week, despite a win over the 49ers, were eliminated from contention when the Titans won later that night. The Browns became the 3rd 10-win team to miss the playoffs in the last 5 years, and are only starting to recover from this disappointment - they have had 11 straight losing seasons, including one where they failed to win a single game all year.

The Jets had their first shot at Browns fans redemption in the last week of 2015. Entering that week, they were in line for the 6th playoff seed in the AFC. But Pittsburgh was close behind them, and held the tie-breaker. If the Jets won, it would be the Steelers' turn to be a 10-win team on the outside looking in, as it was likely they would beat the Browns for their 10th win. But the Jets could not beat Buffalo, a team that at the time had not made the playoffs since 1999. And the Steelers won too. The Jets have similarly not recovered from this.

The Jets, having failed at Browns fans redemption once, can finally redeem themselves for 2007 if they beat Pittsburgh. Then, regardless of the result of the Titans game, they will be above Pittsburgh for the 6th playoff spot. The redemption would be complete if the Titans clinched that playoff berth.

Det. Viper

Definitely a crazy Wild Card weekend. The Bills almost took down the Texans but Houston came back and won the game in an overtime period that was seemingly never ending. We saw the Titans completely dominate the Patriots and we will see the first AFC Championship game without Tom Brady/Patriots since 2011 (2010 season). We saw the Vikings upset the Saints in another overtime game. And the Eagles lost which everyone saw coming (but it was because Wentz went down with injury and their hopes ended there).

It just goes to show that any NFL team can beat any other team on any given night. Looking forward to the divisional round.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Well i bet the Packers will choke against the Seahawks again; they didn't even look good against the Lions last week and i cant see the Vikings getting past the 49ers either.
Itll probably be Seahawks vs 49ers and Ravens vs Chiefs in the Championship round.

Det. Viper

Well i bet the Packers will choke against the Seahawks again; they didn't even look good against the Lions last week and i cant see the Vikings getting past the 49ers either.
Itll probably be Seahawks vs 49ers and Ravens vs Chiefs in the Championship round.
I actually see the Packers beating the Seahawks this weekend. I’m a Vikings fan so I would definitely would rather see the cheese heads lose but I think they’ll match well against Russel Wilson and co. I foresee dueling running backs: Aaron Jones vs. Marshawn Lynch. One of those two may be the key to victory and not Wilson or Rodgers.

Det. Viper

Looks like the 49ers will advance to the NFC championship, which means RIP Packers if they somehow make it past the Seahawks
And the Titans somehow managed to beat the Ravens. Since I’m a Vikings fan and they’re out of the playoffs I just want to root for the other underdogs from Nashville.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
This game is so reminiscent to the 2014-15 NFC Championship game; I'll laugh if it ends the same exact way with the Packers choking again.