• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NFL/NCAAF Thread: We don't huddle anymore in our society.

SoHowAreYou

Every day I sit here and go, wow, The Washington Football Team is the most boring and generic team name EVER. Who gets excited to say "I'm a Football Team fan!" Nobody. I understand why they changed the name. It was offensive to Native Americans so the name change is understandable. But they NEED a REAL name. I read something about The Washington Football Team being in the running for a permanent name and I go WHY!? Its extremely boring and generic! Its between that, redwolves, and redtails. Just do everyone a favor and pick redwolves or redtails. The Washington Redtails or the Washington Redwolves sounds so much better.

I've heard it's because their owner is pissed off about the league forcing him to change the name. Dan Snyder and the whole management of the organization seem to be... awful. If you want them to have a new name you should hope the league forces him to sell. On that note, I'm not really a Bangles fan, but I'm still pissed off about Burrow, maybe we should get a working O-line for next season. We can't fire our GM because he's the owner, and I doubt we'll fire our coach since we never do that. Honestly, at this point, I'm only following the season to see if the Jets go 0 and 16.

EDIT: Oh yeah and also I want to see who wins the NFC East and what their record ends up being, its almost certain to be under-500.

Last edited:

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Playing title games in Miami like the CFP will do this year has become too cliched.

How about playing in a city like Cleveland or Green Bay?

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
EDIT: Oh yeah and also I want to see who wins the NFC East and what their record ends up being, its almost certain to be under-500.
Washington with a 7-9 record hosts a playoff game while the 10-6 Miami Dolphins get to go home. Benefits of winning a division I guess.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Without seeding priority for division winners, the Wild Card matchups in the NFC would be:

Washington at New Orleans
Chicago at Seattle
LA Rams at Tampa Bay (which would keep alive Tom Brady's streak of starting the playoffs at home)

In a 16-team bracket:
Washington at Green Bay
Arizona at New Orleans
Chicago at Seattle
LA Rams at Tampa Bay

The only change in the AFC would be Baltimore and Tennessee swapping seeds, with Baltimore now the host against the Titans. The game added to the AFC in a 16-team bracket is Miami at Kansas City.

The fact that there have been three division champions with losing records in the last 11 years should result in seeding priority taken away from division winners. The North is now the only NFC division that has never produced a champion with a losing record, in part because one of the members is the Packers, where losing seasons have been rare since 1992. Even when they do finish under .500, another NFC North team usually steps up to finish with a winning record.

I feel a team like Washington this year going on to win the Super Bowl would be a more believable Cinderella story if they did NOT have a home playoff game along the way.

Det. Viper

The fact that there have been three division champions with losing records in the last 11 years should result in seeding priority taken away from division winners. The North is now the only NFC division that has never produced a champion with a losing record, in part because one of the members is the Packers, where losing seasons have been rare since 1992. Even when they do finish under .500, another NFC North team usually steps up to finish with a winning record.

Since the realignment (2002) the Packers have won the NFC North 11 times with 8-7-1 being their worst record at taking the division (2013), getting two wild card births as well (2009, 2010 and won the SB at Seed 6) and only coming in fourth place once (2005). In that same timeframe Minnesota has won 4 times (worst record 10-6) and taken 3 wild card wins (where they upset New Orleans twice). Chicago has won the division 4 times with one wild card appearance (2020). Then there’s Detroit that hasn’t won the division since before 2002 and has only two wildcard appearances. It’s safe to say that NFC North is one of the toughest divisions in the league and it’s been in the hands of mostly Green Bay and Minnesota for the better part of 20 years.

I feel a team like Washington this year going on to win the Super Bowl would be a more believable Cinderella story if they did NOT have a home playoff game along the way.
Home field advantage doesn’t really exist this season with the lack of fans. I think the only way it would matter would be in the case of Green Bay since they are used to playing outdoors in the snow while other teams are not.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Today the Wild Card games have started

Saturdays games:

Bills vs Colts (this game is currently on as I type this and the Bills are winning)

Rams vs Seahawks

Buccaneers vs Washington

Sundays games:

Bears vs Saints

Ravens vs Titans

Browns vs Steelers

SoHowAreYou

Washington with a 7-9 record hosts a playoff game while the 10-6 Miami Dolphins get to go home. Benefits of winning a division I guess.

The worse part of this is that I started rooting for the underdogs on this one, even though that meant that something good would happen to Dan Snyder. Also that Steelers game was a thing of beauty. You could show the first snap of that to someone who knows nothing about Gridiron Football and they would almost certainly understand how bad that play was. Congrats Browns fans, I'm rooting for the Bills to win the AFC because their fanbase is insane, but I wouldn't mind seeing the Browns in the Superbowl.

Det. Viper

Browns in the Super Bowl less than 5 years removed from their winless season? Sign me up for that. I have Chiefs/Bills going to the top of the AFC with the Chiefs winning and then Saints/Packers taking the NFC and the Packers then winning the NFC and then the whole league (I’m a Vikings fan so it pains me to say that).

SoHowAreYou

Browns in the Super Bowl less than 5 years removed from their winless season? Sign me up for that. I have Chiefs/Bills going to the top of the AFC with the Chiefs winning and then Saints/Packers taking the NFC and the Packers then winning the NFC and then the whole league (I’m a Vikings fan so it pains me to say that).

Fun fact when I asked my mother whose a Packers fan what she thought of the Rams coming to play Green Bay she said "Oh yeah there's a polar vortex" and then she laughed. But yeah realistically the Superbowl is going to be between the Chiefs and Packers, can't say I can predict who will win, but it would take a miracle for Green Bay to not make it. Honestly, I find all the head coach firings to be more interesting right now, like the Eagles firing the guy who got them the Superbowl 3 years ago I think? I find that insane.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
The Saints might make it to the Super Bowl but Drew Brees’ ribs won’t.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
It looks like the annual 2nd half choke for the Packers is starting to make itself known.
Looks like they ended up holding on after all.

Last edited:

SoHowAreYou

It looks like the annual 2nd half choke for the Packers is starting to make itself known.
Looks like they ended up holding on after all.

There's always next week. Speaking of second half choking, I'm angry I stopped watching the Bills game a half-time since I missed the 101-yard pick-six.

SoHowAreYou

And the Packers lose the NFC Championship game...again...on their home field...with their fans in attendance.

At least they didn't choke, that would imply Brady ever let the Packers have hope. And now we have the least interesting Superbowl possible Brady vs Mahomes. At least if Brady wins we'll know he made a deal with Satan for eternal youth confirming that Hell is real and that we are living in it. Hopefully next year neither the Chiefs nor Buccaneers will make it, but let's be real, it's going to happen.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are the new Super Bowl Champs. Their defense was on fire. On offense they were firing on all cylinders.

SoHowAreYou

That was a truly ugly game, it felt like I was watching Tampa Bay murder KC on the field. The refs didn't help with some "questionable" calls in my opinion, but I ultimately don't think it affected the outcome. On the one hand, I don't like Tom Brady and he now has 7 rings. On the other hand, he has more rings than the Steelers which does make me happy, since I'm sure everyone in Pittsburgh will complain about it. Also, I don't like Bellicheck and he now looks like an idiot. Now most years we'd have to find a new sport or activity to occupy our time, but I think the Texans will supply entertainment this off-season, seriously don't waste Watson's career, please. Anyways time for me to go back to hoping Mike Brown sells the Bengals so I can root for them.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
At least they didn't choke, that would imply Brady ever let the Packers have hope. And now we have the least interesting Superbowl possible Brady vs Mahomes. At least if Brady wins we'll know he made a deal with Satan for eternal youth confirming that Hell is real and that we are living in it. Hopefully next year neither the Chiefs nor Buccaneers will make it, but let's be real, it's going to happen.

Same, I'm sick of both of them. Next year I want to see a team that isn't the Patriots or Chiefs represent the AFC in the Super Bowl for once. IDK what it is, but there is so much less parity in the AFC than the NFC, the NFC always seems to field a wide variety of teams and QBs and you can see a team go from a basement dweller to a Super Bowl team the next year whereas in the AFC, the same teams and same QBs tend to dominate for several years.