• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NFL/NCAAF Thread: We don't huddle anymore in our society.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Baker Mayfield has a throwing shoulder injury and is refusing to sit, and since then the Browns have went from looking great to looking terrible, since OBJ wasn't really a playmaker that affected much overall.

There's a few quarterbacks like that right now, where they are injured and playing well below 100%, but teams aren't willing to sit them to recover, the LA Rams and Seattle for example.

SoHowAreYou

Baker Mayfield has a throwing shoulder injury and is refusing to sit, and since then the Browns have went from looking great to looking terrible, since OBJ wasn't really a playmaker that affected much overall.

There's a few quarterbacks like that right now, where they are injured and playing well below 100%, but teams aren't willing to sit them to recover, the LA Rams and Seattle for example.

What are they supposed to do? The Rams traded draft picks away, and this will be the best team they can field for the foreseeable future.

I don't really know what's going on with the Seahawks, if this is Russel Wilsons last year, then people are probably hoping for a miracle so they can have an unexpected Superbowl Run.

As for Baker professional athletes are too competitive to want to sit on their own, and the Browns are at .500 they could make the playoffs if they win their next 5, which Baker theoretically gives them the best chance of.

bobjr

Staff member
McVay could make Goff look good, so I’d expect a serviceable backup can be worked around when you have all the other pieces. They’re still doing okay, but come playoff time health matters a lot for a team.

The Seahawks are basically done for the year as is, and Carrol has openly checked out. They signed AP as a “win now” move when he was outdone by practice squad players in Tennessee

With the Browns they already have a good backup in Case Keenum, and their recent slump has largely been Baker not being able to perform at 100%, in a division where the worst team is .500 and every loss matters more than most divisions.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Michigan Football beat Ohio State last week and just won the Big 10 Championship convincingly tonight. I've been all over Harbaugh the last two seasons, but wow did he prove me wrong, and I'm very happy that I was proved wrong. He is the right guy I just had to be more patient. Patience is a virtue! I've been a diehard Michigan fan for 20 years. I sat through the dreaded Rich Rodriguez years and Brady Hoke years. Michigan hasn't won the Big 10 Title since 2004. I'm going to sleep like a baby tonight knowing that they won. Go Blue!

This team is going to the playoffs and I couldn't be more than happy!

SoHowAreYou

The Bengals decided to disappoint today. This one hurts way more than the Jets loss, I kind of expected that one, I didn't really have expectations today but I thought it would be close at least. Oh well the Bearcats are going to get crushed in the CFP but the future looks bright for them, next year is going to be awful but the next generation of players should be better than this one.

EDIT: Also the Lions finally got a win

Last edited:

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Don’t know if I want Kyle Sloter or Kellen Mond to start tomorrow for the Vikings…. with Cousins out the season is basically over for them.

Edit: I guess Mannion got activated off the list so we might go with him. I hate it when there’s no back up plan.

Last edited:

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Michigan beat Ohio State and won the Big 10 while starting the season unranked. I'm proud of this team. I had my doubts about them and Harbaugh and was proved wrong. It was nice to see them get to the playoffs. Sadly, I guess they aren't ready for the Bama's and Georgia's yet. Just watch the speed on Georgia's team. Especially on defense. Michigan will get there given time. If they beat Ohio State and win the Big 10 frequently that's awesome. Sure, National Titles are nice, but Michigan has never been known as a National Title team unless you want to live in the 1940s. Before the 1997 Championship Michigan hadn't won a Natty since 1948. Someday Michigan will win it again, but as a fan, I'm not going to put unrealistic expectations on these student athletes right now, and say that they will win the Natty every year. They aren't ready yet. This is just a simple case of Georgia being the better team. Can't blame the refs. Good season boys. Go Blue!

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Hopefully we get a Bengals/Rams Super Bowl. I would love to see Matt Stafford win a ring with the Rams. He was never the problem in Detroit. If the Bengals won that would be epic as well. Especially for their fans. They've been waiting a long time.

Hopefully we don't get another Chiefs/49ers Super Bowl. If that happens I won't watch.

SoHowAreYou

All the games this weekend were great, and the underdog won 3 of the 4 which makes it better. As a Bengals fan, I don't think we will beat the chiefs again next week, and I'm mostly ok with that. This year has already been a major success, we have the quarterback, the skill positions, and most of the defense for a Superbowl run, we just need a better offensive line, and we have a lot of cap space next year. The fact that the team made it past the Titans when Burrow got sacked 9 times makes me believe they can do it.

SoHowAreYou

I do not really follow football; I follow ice hockey, and a lot of the people from there follow American Football and people seem pretty pissed overall.

I have a feeling you are from either the northern US or Canada if you follow hockey, and are hearing about football, in which case the team from Wisconsin and Buffalo New York lost in a pretty heartbreaking fashion. Green Bay lost on a last-second field goal and all of their stars are going to leave next year since they are over the salary cap, and Buffalo got the worse end of the overtime rules and didn't get a shot to win, after making a huge comeback.

I have a feeling you are from either the northern US or Canada if you follow hockey, and are hearing about football, in which case the team from Wisconsin and Buffalo New York lost in a pretty heartbreaking fashion. Green Bay lost on a last-second field goal and all of their stars are going to leave next year since they are over the salary cap, and Buffalo got the worse end of the overtime rules and didn't get a shot to win, after making a huge comeback.
Yeah, I am from NY. I just like hockey more than football. I do not mind football but I just follow it less.

Thank you for the information

bobjr

Staff member
That was a good Super Bowl, but I hate games decided on bad flags at the end of a game, and this year had a lot of those moments.