• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NFL/NCAAF Thread: We don't huddle anymore in our society.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Ehhh, not happy the Rams won. They built their roster by essentially handing out draft picks like candy for star players, and the league is probably going to copy that strategy and that's a bad precedent to set. I don't want to see even more star players change hands because some GM sucks at drafting, that will cause a lot of unnecessary chaos in the league.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Just wait until LA finds out first

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Yup, the refs let them play the whole game up until the very end. I'm glad the Rams won, but that was a lame way to win.

Jeepo12

what were the odds on cinci doing the double NCAA and NFL!? sportsbetting3.com had amazing price to get to the final show in both. big for the city and shows that ohio football is not just a northern thing.

Last edited:

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
In today’s news the Denver Broncos agreed to trade QB Drew Lock, TE Noah Fant, DT Shelby Harris, two 1st rounds picks and two 2nd round picks to the Seattle Seahawks in exchange for QB Russell Wilson. Genius move by Denver.

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
I dunno if I'd call it "genius", because it seems like an extremely obvious move to make if you can pull it off. I have no idea what Seattle is thinking, but I can't believe they let Wilson go for so little; I suspect Carroll/Schneider are in the late stages of what I'll dub BOBS (Bill O'Brien Syndrome) and will proceed to squander most of that draft capital on low-value positions (probably with a few inscrutable veteran pickups mixed in, like trading for Christian McCaffrey) in a misguided attempt to win with their run game and defense. A panicked Jody Allen will pull the plug on them as soon as the season ends, and then hire the biggest bullshitter coach in the cycle (it would 100% be Josh McDaniels, if he hadn't just done it to Mark Davis).

Anyway, as a Broncos fan, I'm pretty jazzed about it. I do have mild concerns, as Wilson just had probably his worst season and he looked distinctly not-good at times when I watched them (which could be why the Seahawks shipped him, if they are still thinking straight and believe he's on the downward slope), but for now, I'll chalk that up to his injury and the rest of the team also being bad. More importantly, I don't have to endure another ****ing season of Horsecock Lock, and for that alone, this trade is worth it. (Also the presumptive top 5 QB play will be nice I guess.)

Det. Viper

I’m honestly interested to see what the Vikings do with their roster. They have a couple pending free agents that could fit the new coaches such as Anthony Barr and P2 but are also over the cap and need to figure out what to do with expensive veterans such as Kirk Cousins, Eric Kendricks, Adam Thielen and Dalvin Cook as well as Danielle Hunter. I can imagine that someone like Michael Pierce being traded or cut and with the QB market going crazy over the last couple days I imagine Cousins being either traded or extended. And then hoping the core offensive pieces stay on the team. The owners stated that they expect the team to compete in the NFC North and for a deep playoff berth this season so I don’t expect the new staff to completely blow up the roster.

SoHowAreYou

I
Hopefully, my Raiders can re-sign Derek Carr.

They'd have to be insane not to. Carr is pretty good, and unless you can land someone in the top 5 it isn't worth it to replace him.

Also I would like to congratulate the Broncos on doing their part to make the AFC west even more competitive next year.

Det. Viper

Hopefully, my Raiders can re-sign Derek Carr.
They probably will now that they have traded for Devante Adams.

In other news Za’Darius Smith is visiting the Minnesota Vikings right now. The thought of him and Danielle Hunter being the two edge rushers should terrify opposing QBs.

Edit: I’ll avoid the double post here. A couple hours ago the Vikings did announce that Smith signed with them. Danielle Hunter, Za’Darius Smith, Harrison Phillips, Dalvin Tomlinson, Armon Watts, Jordan Hicks and Eric Kendricks are the front 7 right now and that should shore up the DL & LB group and should make opposing QBs uneasy on every snap.

Last edited:

Det. Viper

NFL season is back! Last night the Buffalo Bills absolutely dominated the defending Super Bowl champions the Los Angeles Rams. Looking forward to what this season will bring.

Edit: As a Vikings fan I hope the lack of offense by the Rams is due to them losing their OC and Pass Game Coordinator to the Vikings and good things are on the horizon.

Last edited:

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Lions lost the first game but went down swinging. They put up a good fight. They have good pieces on the team, but I'm still not sold on Jared Goff being the longterm guy at QB.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Lions lost the first game but went down swinging. They put up a good fight. They have good pieces on the team, but I'm still not sold on Jared Goff being the longterm guy at QB.
I'm hoping the Lions finish higher than the Packers this season. The Packers looked terrible so far. I'm hoping they only win like 4 games this year lol.

Det. Viper

I'm hoping the Lions finish higher than the Packers this season. The Packers looked terrible so far. I'm hoping they only win like 4 games this year lol.
I think the Lions have most of the pieces they need to have a solid team that will catapult them into playoff contention—maybe first win since 1999–in the next few years. I think I predicted them 7-10 and finishing 3rd in the division (Packers, Vikings, Lions, Bears). But I think next year or two years from now the Lions will finally be a serious NFC threat.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
The Lions won last week but lost to the Vikings this week and they lost in typical fashion. They had the lead, and the Vikings scored a game winning touchdown....Goff throws an interception. Game over.

Det. Viper

The Lions won last week but lost to the Vikings this week and they lost in typical fashion. They had the lead, and the Vikings scored a game winning touchdown....Goff throws an interception. Game over.
I know. I loved it. Sad when the back up free safety who shouldn’t even be playing—was hoping Cine was going to play—is the one that seals the game.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I know. I loved it. Sad when the back up free safety who shouldn’t even be playing—was hoping Cine was going to play—is the one that seals the game.
Exactly! One thing I will say is that it's great to see that this Lions team has a lot of grit and heart. It's just a matter of finishing games at this point. I know last season they lost a lot of close games sadly.

Det. Viper

Exactly! One thing I will say is that it's great to see that this Lions team has a lot of grit and heart. It's just a matter of finishing games at this point. I know last season they lost a lot of close games sadly.
I was talking with my coworkers and the people I play fantasy with and we all agree that the Lions are definitely a lot better than they have been. We all said they will be a legit threat in the NFC North next year.

Det. Viper

The NFL is weird. Through 4 weeks the Detroit Lions are the highest scoring team in the league. And they have a 1-3 record to show for it.

Edit: Despite being shut out today and getting no points. Through Week 5 only the Buffalo Bills have scored more points than the Lions.

Last edited:

Swordsman4

It’s been ages but gotta say it…who’s got it better than us? Never thought I’d see the day. Defending Big Ten champs and a shot at another.