• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NFL/NCAAF Thread: We don't huddle anymore in our society.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
It’s been ages but gotta say it…who’s got it better than us? Never thought I’d see the day. Defending Big Ten champs and a shot at another.
Yes! Big game tomorrow. Penn State at Michigan. Hoping the Wolverines get a huge win. Defending Big 10 Champs. Go Blue!

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Michigan dominated the line of scrimmage and put on a rushing clinic. Penn State came in with the 5th best rushing defense in FBS.

As a Michigan fan I loved this game.

I tell you what though. Lincoln Riley will do great things with USC. He will get them back to their older days.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Michigan State what are y'all doing this year?!

It hasn't been pretty for them that's for sure. I live in Lansing, I work with Spartan fans daily, and none of them are happy. However, I'm not writing them off. As a Michigan fan I've seen too many crazy things happen over the years against MSU. I'm going to stay humble going in.

Bownzinho

The NFL is weird. Through 4 weeks the Detroit Lions are the highest scoring team in the league. And they have a 1-3 record to show for it.

Edit: Despite being shut out today and getting no points. Through Week 5 only the Buffalo Bills have scored more points than the Lions.
The NFL is even weirder now, the two New York teams have a combined record of 11-3.

As a Dolphins fan I’m getting pretty sick of Tua. We got away with 4 interceptions against a poor Steelers team, 3 of them were awful throws. I was buzzing after we beat the Bills but now I’m coming down to earth. I always said I wanted Herbert out of the draft.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
It hasn't been pretty for them that's for sure. I live in Lansing, I work with Spartan fans daily, and none of them are happy. However, I'm not writing them off. As a Michigan fan I've seen too many crazy things happen over the years against MSU. I'm going to stay humble going in.
Who do you think will win the game tonight?

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Nevermind. State got their asses kicked xD.

:(:(:(

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Nevermind. State got their asses kicked xD.

:(:(:(
I tell you what though. Msu looked good at the start and I was getting bad vibes lol.

Then Michigan's offensive line imposed their will. After that it went all downhill for MSU. They may want to find a different defensive coordinator. Hazleton is hot dog water. Mel Tucker has some good recruiting classes coming in. The next few years will be interesting.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
At least I can be happy with this game. I know the Lions won't give me anything to cheer about later lol. It's Sunday, so I'm ready to see them take this L.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
At least I can be happy with this game. I know the Lions won't give me anything to cheer about later lol. It's Sunday, so I'm ready to see them take this L.
I need Goff to throw it to St. Brown a lot. I need a receiver to step up in my fantasy league since I had to put Ja’Marr Chase on IR. So we both can root for that.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I need Goff to throw it to St. Brown a lot. I need a receiver to step up in my fantasy league since I had to put Ja’Marr Chase on IR. So we both can root for that.
That is one of the positives I can pull out about the Lions this season. St. Brown is amazing when healthy. The Lions offense is actually not bad.

Unfortunately the defense can't even work themselves out of a wet paper bag. Hopefully come draft time they address the defensive issues. I feel like if the Lions had a decent defense they would have a winning record right now.

EDIT: Lions up 14-0 but I won't get my hopes up haha.

EDIT: Looks like the Lions blew the game. Same old song and dance.

Last edited:

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
It's hilarious that they lost to a team with only 1 win and have the same record as the Bears. Lol. The NFC north is especially awful this year.
The Vikings are the only team this season in the NFC North with a pulse. That division is abysmal lol. Usually the NFC East is trash, but the Eagles are 8-0, Cowgirls are 6-2, Giants are 6-2 I'm surprised.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
It blows my mind that some fans think that Aaron Rodgers is the greatest quarterback of all time. He's definitely not the best of all time. It's always a great day when the Green Bay Packrats lose. Watching him get intercepted 3 times was a thing of beauty. I'm sure he will blame his teammates for those terrible throws. I don't feel bad for him. Especially for all of the times that him and the Packers have gotten bailed out by the refs over the years. Especially in games against the Lions.

As for the Lions if they focus on drafting defense... I think this team is just a good defense away from being a winning team. Today the defense definitely won them the game.

I can make all the jokes that I want about the Lions losing games, but those players play hard for Dan Campbell. He's a wholesome likeable guy. As a fan I'm more than willing to give him time. I know that he won't be able to work magic over night. The Lions are in a rebuild. I dislike telling Lion fans to be patient, but somethings got to give. This franchise has been the butt of all jokes for many years.

I really want these guys to succeed.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
As for the Lions if they focus on drafting defense... I think this team is just a good defense away from being a winning team. Today the defense definitely won them the game.

I really want these guys to succeed.
I find it crazy that they won despite trading one of their best offensive weapons within the division. (Hockenson really lit it up for the Vikings today.) But I feel like the Lions need more than just a couple pieces on defense to turn the corner. They traded away their best TE and will likely begin to miss him within the next couple games. Moving on from Goff will likely be what helps the team become what the state of Michigan wants them to be.

I will just be over here watching my favorite team absolutely dominate the NFC North this year.