• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NFL/NCAAF Thread: We don't huddle anymore in our society.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
The Lions won today. 8-8 on the season and still pushing for a playoff spot. The Bears looked like a scrimmage team today.

The Michigan Wolverines had a heckuva season. Beating Ohio State two years in a row and winning the Big 10 title two years in a row is a successfull season. There's a good recruiting class & transfer portal class coming in. Michigan will be fine. They will lock and reload every season here on out. I'm proud of the season they had. 〽️

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Sending prayers to him, his family and friends tonight.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
The NFL should be ashamed of what it tried to pull this evening. After what happened the NFL was originally going to give the teams 5 minutes to warm up and have play resume. I really commend the Buffalo Bills and Cincinnati Bengals & their players, coaches and staff for not caving to the NFL and deciding that the game was the least important that going on. Screenshots of the players on the sideline told a story of people concerned with a friend. I’m glad the two teams stood up for what is right. Hopefully Damar Hamlin will recover completely. And I also hope Tee Higgins can handle himself emotionally tonight. Both of those things mean more than the result of tonight’s game.

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
Heartbroken for Michigan - that game left me emo rest of the night haha. They probably should have beaten TCU, and maybe 7/10 they win this game, but that's why you still play it. That overturned TD and missed penalties suck, but it is what it is. At least OSU lost too (in equally heart-wrenching fashion).

I'm in Bengals territory, and I had this Bengals vs Bills game playing, so I saw that unfold on TV. I don't think you need a doctor to tell you that any patient requiring CPR/AED/intubation is not good news. Luckily UC is a major level 1 hospital in this area, so Hamlin will get all the necessary medical care required.

Just awful though. Football is such a dangerous sport. Yeah, it's unlikely for something like this to happen, but it's such an injury-prone sport that can leave players with long-term effects. Definitely not going to willingly let my future kids play football.

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
I wonder if it's commotio cordis. Unlikely to be HOCM given he's been playing in a high-intensity sport for some time now.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Last edited:

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I'm real salty about the Lions not getting in the playoffs. The Rams could have beat the Seahawks. I don't want to be that guy that blames refs, but there was quite a few questionable calls in that game favoring the Seahawks.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Lions lost 5 games by a combined total of 17 points. Oof. They're absolutely better than several of the playoff teams.

It’s true that they are. The problem was that the Lions discovered who they are as a team too late in the season and had little room for error if they were to make the playoffs. However, they are no longer going to be the laughing stock of the North.

I'm real salty about the Lions not getting in the playoffs. The Rams could have beat the Seahawks. I don't want to be that guy that blames refs, but there was quite a few questionable calls in that game favoring the Seahawks.
There’s questionable calls in every game. Missed penalties, calling penalties when none occur, non-catches called catches, etc. All of this is why there have been teams asking for a sky judge every season.

ebevan91

LOL, bye-bye Qaaron Rodgers.

Lions lost 5 games by a combined total of 17 points. Oof. They're absolutely better than several of the playoff teams.

I'm so glad my team (Cowboys) doesn't have to play Rodgers again. Of course we have to play playoffs Tom Brady which is even worse...