• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NFL/NCAAF Thread

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Bama got lucky again, but next week their luck will run out against Colorado State.

M-W-C! M-W-C! M-W-C!

What I found funny about that fumble is Gary talking about ball safety after the play immediately before the fumble. Then Yeldon fumbles.

And Saban is never happy. The team could win by 100 and he'd still find something to be upset/angry about.

I know he's never happy, i was on the sideline for every game when he was still at LSU. Not one smile ever. I think it must hurt him if he smiles.

Also, @Zenotwapal It's like all the good defensive teams of years past suddenly flipped their offenses with their defenses.

Lugia's Chosen

Ohio State's biggest hurdle to making the championship game nearly lost to Akron today. What a joke of a schedule OSU has

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Oh, going to kick Michigan while it's down now?

At least Michigan's still perfect, and considering they blew out a cupcake and beat ND soundly already, this game looks more like an aberration than a pattern. I'm not worried about it.

Not disagreeing with you about Ohio State's stupidly easy schedule, though.

Oh, going to kick Michigan while it's down now?

At least Michigan's still perfect, and considering they blew out a cupcake and beat ND soundly already, this game looks more like an aberration than a pattern. I'm not worried about it.

Not disagreeing with you about Ohio State's stupidly easy schedule, though.

Aberration or not, it was still a really, really ugly game. I'm still sticking with Big Blue winning the Big 10 though. Their only competition in that conference is Ohio State or Wisconsin and that's about it. If Purdue beats ND that sound victory (which getting 30 hung on you and only winning by 11 isn't what i would call sound) won't look so sound. It's all about who you beat. For example, i wasn't too high on LSU (my team) this year and picked them to finish 9-3 / 10-2 on the season. A lot of my fanbase really thought TCU was a quality win. I'm not so convinced, and i think when TTU beat TCU the way they did i didn't think our win was a quality one. Luckily, LSU has multiple teams this year that can be considered quality wins (Bama, A&M, UGA) if they win. Michigan...well, they don't have that luxury.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas

ebevan91

Hang in there Ole Miss! Beat Texas!

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Aberration or not, it was still a really, really ugly game. I'm still sticking with Big Blue winning the Big 10 though. Their only competition in that conference is Ohio State or Wisconsin and that's about it. If Purdue beats ND that sound victory (which getting 30 hung on you and only winning by 11 isn't what i would call sound) won't look so sound. It's all about who you beat. For example, i wasn't too high on LSU (my team) this year and picked them to finish 9-3 / 10-2 on the season. A lot of my fanbase really thought TCU was a quality win. I'm not so convinced, and i think when TTU beat TCU the way they did i didn't think our win was a quality one. Luckily, LSU has multiple teams this year that can be considered quality wins (Bama, A&M, UGA) if they win. Michigan...well, they don't have that luxury.
And they're not even playing Wisconsin this year.

Fair enough, though. I wasn't too high on Michigan myself (expecting about 9-3, 10-2, like you). Heck, even if you're right and Michigan does win the Big 10, I'm not expecting them to win against Oregon or whoever they face.

And that's fine. This is a young team, after all. They'll get better with time.

16-2 on Top 25 picks this week. Picked Wisconsin to win that one and laughed it up at the end. Wisconsin always finds creative ways to lose. Current W/L : 53-8

Always love seeing Big 10 teams fart the game away, but I do think the refs messed that up
Big 10 is just how i thought it would be, overrated. Although i agree as well, i think it was evident that the refs messed up, you could tell by how they were the first to flee from the field lol.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Michigan played terrible yesterday I will not deny that as a fan. They almost lost, and Akron played the best football they have played in years. When your quarterback throws a pick 6, and throws more interceptions that doesn't help your team. Devin Gardner had a terrible game yesterday, but he will rebound next week. The whole Michigan team played like crap. Akron came to play, and I give credit to them.

Michigan beat Notre Dame in a very emotional game last week. Michigan played a good game last week. I think this week they were having a hangover. All teams in the past, and in the present have experienced "let down" games. I know a team like Akron shouldn't even have a chance against Michigan, but you still gotta play the game. All teams have had let down games before. Michigan just didn't look like they prepared for that game. They didn't look ready, it looked like the players spent more time celebrating this past week. Honestly, if Michigan played Akron in place of Central Michigan in week 1 for the 1st game, Michigan would of beat Akron easily.

I fully expect Michigan to be fully awake for when they go on the road to play Uconn next Saturday.

I know everyone will think i'm making excuses but how am I? Michigan had a let down game, this has happened before to Michigan and other teams.

As far as the Big 10 goes, yes our conference is weak. The Sec conference is the best conference in College Football and always will be until other teams in other conferences step up. Alabama will repeat again this year probably.

Last edited:

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I can't believe Alabama didn't lose any ground in the top 25, they should have because they only won by 7. Told you Alabama wasn't that great, they just get lucky. If things go my way from here on out they just might make it to the Capital One Bowl.

Also, if you haven't noticed, if you replace the B in Saban with T you get Satan. So, Alabama currently represents evil (good will prevail on the 21st).

And to be honest with you, Alabama is the only SEC team I actually have something against right now.

Last edited:

Lugia's Chosen

I can't believe Alabama didn't lose any ground in the top 25, they should have because they only won by 7. Told you Alabama wasn't that great, they just get lucky. If things go my way from here on out they just might make it to the Capital One Bowl.

Also, if you haven't noticed, if you replace the B in Saban with T you get Satan. So, Alabama currently represents evil (good will prevail on the 21st).

And to be honest with you, Alabama is the only SEC team I actually have something against right now.
Wow. Winning by 7 against #6 who had the defending Heisman winner (who they picked off twice, one for a pick 6) means they should drop? and you also think they are going to be lucky to get to the capital one bowl? You just lost all credibility when it comes to anything SEC related. You just can't see past the bama hate.

There ain't nothing lucky about Alabama. They are the pinnacle of college football success right now whether you like it or not. Seriously, look at your posts. They just aren't very smart. PS: I have no love for Bama, I can just see past illogical hate.

Last edited:

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Wow. Winning by 7 against #6 who had the defending Heisman winner (who they picked off twice, one for a pick 6) means they should drop? and you also think they are going to be lucky to get to the capital one bowl? You just lost all credibility when it comes to anything SEC related.

There ain't nothing lucky about Alabama. They are the pinnacle of college football success right now whether you like it or not. Seriously, look at your posts. They just aren't very smart. PS: I have no love for Bama, I can just see past illogical hate.

Stuff like that is why I defriended you. You need to be careful what you say, you just might lose a few more friends.