• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NFL/NCAAF Thread

Lugia's Chosen

I see two problems with Manziel

1: His horrible Me-First-Screw-Authority attitude
2: His small size

I'm leery about him making a good transition to the NFL

The big winner out of this trade has to be Trent Richardson. You get traded by a historically bad franchise with so many problems on both sides of the ball, to a team that is historically pretty good and has less of that. He should be pretty happy. Since 1999 the Browns have gone through 19 Quarterbacks. 19. The average shelf life for a QB is less than a year in their organization. Let that sink in. Bill Polian was pretty spot on when he said that the Browns are the worst managed team in the NFL since their previous owner died. From the top to the bottom they are the worst managed team hands down. Jacksonville if it doesn't make improvements over the next few years though could easily compete for worst managed.

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
The more I think about this, the worse of a trade I think it is. The Browns can make it one of those trades that works out okay, but they have to get a steal in the draft to do it. Other than that... they really, essentially just said "We'll trade you the third overall pick for your 23rd overall pick two years from now". It's just nonsensical.

I get wanting to go young, but... Richardson was young! He was 22 years old, and he had 950 yards and 12 touchdowns on a CRAPPY team with no passing attack whatsoever. He wasn't beating the world, but all things considered, he had a pretty good season. He's a versatile back, too.

The Colts gave away a "meh" draft pick to get a young, possible star running back to pair with their young star quarterback. Unless Richardson suffers a career-ending injury and the Browns draft the next Dan Marino, there's no way the Browns won this trade. It's not even close.

I was surprised at how well Andy Reid was received in Philly when he first came in to today's game. Never would've thought the Eagles fans would be mildly respectful.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Don't let Eagles fans deceive you. Inside they really wanted to boo him. They didn't because of high security preventing the boos from turning into major incidents.

ebevan91

I was surprised at how well Andy Reid was received in Philly when he first came in to today's game. Never would've thought the Eagles fans would be mildly respectful.

I will always think they're the s**tiest fanbase in sports after they booed Michael Irvin while he was motionless on the ground.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
I like all the analysts saying what a great move this is by the Browns.

Sorry but they had a load of picks two years ago after a 'great' move to trade their 1st round pick (Julio Jones) pick to Atlanta.

They followed that by moving up for Richardson (giving picks to the Vikings for one spot as if they were not going to pick Kalil or trade elsewhere...dumb browns....) and getting Weldon both who will be out the door by next season.

They also say he doesnt have the burst of Lynch or Peterson, well maybe not Peterson but Lynch is not that quick and no back runs for big yards or stays health when you have nothing else. He is a solid running back for a 20-32 pick which the colts draft choice will end up being.

Really feel for the browns.

IMO you'll getting Manziel this upcoming draft and I truly hope he is transitions to the pros to become a great.

The Browns would be ****ing themselves if they got Manziel. Manziel will not succeed in the NFL because he's a fairly lucky player and he makes far too many risks that NFL players will prey upon. (see the recent Alabama game for example. that 3rd and long conversion was pure luck. In the NFL he would have been sacked on the first missed tackle)
The Browns don't need another QB. They need a line and some WRs (and now a RB) to throw to. Improve on that first. their defense seems to hold up sometimes so if they just had a offense that can actually MOVE the ball and score more than just field goals they could actually make the playoffs once in awhile.

His size generally isn't an issue. But I won't see him making it. Ever. the kid truly is a dick.

ebevan91

LeSean McCoy injury?

This could very well be the year that the Chiefs make it to the playoffs. They won't be anything more than a wildcard team, but they have a pretty shot with their schedule i think.

Everyone was so excited after the Eagles beat the Redskins. Two games later, people seem to have different opinions on them.
I expected the Redskins to beat the Eagles because of their defense. If a team makes you turnover the ball 5 times you're probably not going to win the ball game. What the Redskins and Chargers were able to do is the same thing that Auburn and LSU did to beat Oregon, force turnovers, limit the amount of plays the offense creates, profit.

ebevan91

NFC East sucks this year lol.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Well the Chiefs have taken me by surprise. 3 games into the season and they have already surpassed last year's win total. This came after Crennell didn't last nearly as long in KC as he did in Cleveland.

I'm expecting that they fall back to earth soon. It's only September you know.

Well the Chiefs have taken me by surprise. 3 games into the season and they have already surpassed last year's win total. This came after Crennell didn't last nearly as long in KC as he did in Cleveland.

I'm expecting that they fall back to earth soon. It's only September you know.

They'll probably lose to the Giants, Denver x2, maybe houston, maybe San Diego once. Their schedule is pretty easy and they should be able to win at least 9 games this season.

Lord Scalgon

What title?
False start, everybody but the center, offense.

Speaking of the Chiefs, at least Alex Smith has some sort of potential for domination...maybe. Just gotta see how his future performance goes. Glad to hear Andy Reid receiving a standing ovation.

And as a Dolphins fan, sure, they may be 2-0, but I sure hope they don't run into some sort of costly slump.

(also as a side, taking bets on Suh receiving another hefty penalty for some classless move in the future)

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Well ND and OSU got wins today. ND hopefully will stay right where they are in the polls because this was an ugly win.

Well ND and OSU got wins today. ND hopefully will stay right where they are in the polls because this was an ugly win.
There probably won't be any movement at all. If Arizona State loses, regardless of how close the game ends up being they will exit the Top 25, If Stanford loses they'll probably be around #15.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Of course, Arizona State and Stanford are 2 of the defending regional champions in the Pac. Last year, ASU swept its regional rivals - Arizona, Colorado and Utah. Stanford did the same against Cal, UCLA, and USC. Oregon is the other defending regional champ, not having lost to another NW school since 2007.

Of course I really love Oregon's uniforms. NFL teams should be allowed to do what Oregon does for uniforms. It would make the game more interesting.

Puma Italia

Pass interference penalties. Pass interference penalties everywhere in that ND game. Nice to see them pick up the win though, I always love good defense. (or maybe it was more poor offense)

LSU is killing Auburn right now.