• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NFL/NCAAF Thread

I actually have faith Florida can win the SEC and represent them in the Sugar Bowl. The right things just need to happen.
Yeah..the right things need to happen. Like a meteor needs to hit the LSU, UGA and Bama locker rooms. They're basically the same team they were last year, with an excellent defense and a tepid offense. (That got lucky to win the # of games they did last year.

Lugia's Chosen

Yeah..the right things need to happen. Like a meteor needs to hit the LSU, UGA and Bama locker rooms. They're basically the same team they were last year, with an excellent defense and a tepid offense. (That got lucky to win the # of games they did last year.

Sleep on them at your own risk. Their defense is the best in the SEC and they are a different offense with Murphy at the helm. Not a great offense, but an efficient one. ;)

am I saying they go to atlanta this year? no. But writing them off is silly.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
I was going to watch the ND game. 2 interceptions in the first 2 minutes later, and I knew that game was over. I decided to play Wind Waker HD instead.

I'll be honest, I just started really paying attention to college football last season. So I watched ND's undefeated season and embarrassing loss to Alabama. I'm not sure this is on Kelly. This team just isn't as good as last year's team. The defense last year was insane (and lucky).

This is implying that Notre Dame was actually any good last year
which they were not at all

Notre Dame is the most overrated team in college football. How do you get to the National Championship with a 3OT win over a non ranked sub-par Pittsburgh squad on your record?
Notre Dame has been very good in the past, don't get me wrong. But every time they win a game they get hyped up.
my 2 cents

Funniest news of the morning: USC fires Lane Kiffin. @Lugia's Chosen Florida is at best the runner up in the East. I pick UGA to win the East and go to the SEC Championship. SC is too banged up to compete anymore and Clowney dropped off the map completely. UGA v. Florida decides who goes to SEC East just like last year.

Lugia's Chosen

Funniest news of the morning: USC fires Lane Kiffin. @Lugia's Chosen Florida is at best the runner up in the East. I pick UGA to win the East and go to the SEC Championship. SC is too banged up to compete anymore and Clowney dropped off the map completely. UGA v. Florida decides who goes to SEC East just like last year.

SURPRISE! LOL. Saw that coming a mile away.

and again, count UF out at your own risk. :) UGA has the advantage on offense, but UF's D is worlds better then theirs. remember how the game went last season. UGA needed 6 turnovers to beat Florida....yet the game still came down to the wire and all it would have taken was Jordan Reed lowering his shoulder and running forward instead of jumping and the game goes to OT. I think UF's D may be better this year. It certainly is better in the secondary.

Vernon Hagreaves may be the best corner in college football....and he is a freshman!

Last edited:

ebevan91

This year will probably be the same as last year. Alabama will play Georgia and the winner of that game goes on to play in the national championship game vs. whoever.

13-2 on Top 25 picks this week. Didn't expect Oklahoma State to chokelahoma against West Virginia, did expect a close game with LSU-UGA. Went with my heart when i should've gone with my head for my final pick (picked UGA to win at beginning of season), but it doesn't really matter that much. We dropped to #10 in the polls, so we're not as bad off as i had thought. A win against Alabama and Florida will put us right back in the Top 5. A win over A&M and most likely UGA in Championship puts us right back into contention. Do i think it will happen? No. Bama at Bama doesn't looks like a deathtrap.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
USC isn't gonna win again this season. They have been has-beens for quite a while now.

USC isn't gonna win again this season. They have been has-beens for quite a while now.
They'll probably win again this season. Utah is a terrible team when it comes down to evaluating the new Pac 12. Keep in mind they also have Colorado, one of the most barren programs in the game on their list as well.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Well the Steelers are off to their worst start since 1968 (2 years before the AFL-NFL merger). Couldn't be any better for me. Browns won too.

ebevan91

Well the Steelers are off to their worst start since 1968 (2 years before the AFL-NFL merger). Couldn't be any better for me. Browns won too.

Any Steelers, Giants, Redskins, Eagles, or 49ers loss is good for me lol.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Bears are just as overrated as I thought they were. Lions win 40-32 and take the top spot in the NFC North, for now.

This game should have been a blowout, but what can you do? The Bears are a good team, and I still think the Lions lose to them when they play in Chicago.

I say they also lose to the Pack next week, but they can feel free to prove me wrong.

Certainly makes up for the AAA Tigers getting no-hit today, but that's another subject for another day.

Last edited:

ebevan91

Did the Bears score in garbage time or what? It was 40-16 the last time I saw the score and it ended up being 40-32.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Yeah, they scored some garbage time touchdowns and got two 2-point conversions.

Texans seem to be the hardest team to figure out this year. They're in overtime with the Seahawks, they barely beat the Chargers, get stomped by the Ravens, and barely beat the Titans....

ebevan91

Texans seem to be the hardest team to figure out this year. They're in overtime with the Seahawks, they barely beat the Chargers, get stomped by the Ravens, and barely beat the Titans....

They're basically a coin flip lol.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
The Giants lost too, so believe me. Super Bowl Host Syndrome is a real thing.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
The Giants lost too, so believe me. Super Bowl Host Syndrome is a real thing.
Didn't Miami have a year or two where they won the Super Bowl when they hosted it?

Curses are nothing more than superstition.