• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NFL/NCAAF Thread

PsychicPsycho

I'm predicting that the chiefs will suck this year, since they showed improvement last year they have to have a bad year this season. Back to the norm in KC. We'll probably get swept in the division and finish ike 4-12.
I'm predicting the Lions because it's May and I can do that!
I'm not looking for the lions to do that good this year, but I am expecting some good improvement. Maybe the year after next they might have legit shot.

bushie

eagles i can't wait to see howard mudds impact on the o-line and castillo on the defense. damn lockout

bushie

they met still no agreement. players are now holdin their own team workouts. no football no basketball come on pokemon grey!

PsychicPsycho

eagles i can't wait to see howard mudds impact on the o-line and castillo on the defense. damn lockout
Howard mudd? I thought he was the offensive coordinator from indianapolis that retired.

Plus, go colts.

Vernikova

Champion
I'm not looking for the lions to do that good this year, but I am expecting some good improvement. Maybe the year after next they might have legit shot.

I don't know a single player on the Lions. I'm just predicting their win because it doesn't matter at the moment.

bushie

he came out of retirement to coach the eagles. since we're making predictions VICK FOR MVP

PsychicPsycho

I don't know a single player on the Lions. I'm just predicting their win because it doesn't matter at the moment.
Well, I know they have suh, and got another good college defenseman in the draft, I'm thinking it was fairly from auburn. I don't remember exaclty, but I'm thinking the draft experts said they though the lions' draft this year was one of the best.

Not that I like the lions. I jus like to see francises that have been near the bottom recently start improving.
he came out of retirement to coach the eagles. since we're making predictions VICK FOR MVP
Wait, he came out of retirement? I thought he just retired last year. That sound more like switching jobs to me.

And I wouldn't be surprised to see vick win the mvp. I'm actually surprised he didn't get any votes last year, although I don't know that he should have won it.

Vernikova

Champion
Well, I know they have suh, and got another good college defenseman in the draft, I'm thinking it was fairly from auburn. I don't remember exaclty, but I'm thinking the draft experts said they though the lions' draft this year was one of the best.

Oh wow I forgot about Suh. He still hasn't been drilled into my head enough I guess.

I didn't know that Vick received no votes for MVP. Then again didn't this year's winner get all votes?

bushie

the giants drafted a pretty good corner and got one up on the eagles because we also wanted him.maybe because of strahan but that g-men defense hasn't been the same since he retired we all saw what my eagles did to them that epic comeback. that being said the eagles defense is even worse still don't think we can be a super bowl team with our defense.

HydroSwampert

Well, I see some people have made some predictions, so here are mine!
MVP: Aaron Rodgers
Super Bowl Winners: Packers
Ya, I admit that I like the Packers alot! That might cloud my vision a little!

bushie

with the lockout there's going to be a lot of sloppy football in my opinion. espicially rookies QB's that are unfortunately opening day starters. i doubt that there's going to be any if i where a coach i'd rather go with a vet or clausen(newton) and maybe insert my rookies mid season if my record is not so good.

PsychicPsycho

Wow tressel steps down. I'm a little surprised that it came now; I figured it would've been before or not at all. That should shake things up in college football, at least in the big 10/12. Maybe now the wolverines can finally pick up a win against them. Although they've got a new coach this year too, so they'll probably still suck.

What do you guys think of this scandel with the ohio state players?
Oh wow I forgot about Suh. He still hasn't been drilled into my head enough I guess.

I didn't know that Vick received no votes for MVP. Then again didn't this year's winner get all votes?
Maybe I kept suh in mind more because he played against the tigers (MU) in college.

And yes, this year's winner (brady) did win unnanimously, for the time in history I believe, making that all the more surprising given vick's better then expected performance.

Edit: Oh, my post number 666. Big evil, ;491; ;487; ;229;

bushie

tressel stepping down is funny on my opinion. not a ohio state fan.those must have been some tattos and on michigan i doubt it. they're most likely going to suck this year i'm more excited about joe pa and penn state

Vernikova

Champion
I laugh at the anonymous Ohio State returning starter who was blaming all of this trouble on "A few idiots" (Paraphrasing here) by trying to deflect blame from Tressel. Oh Ohio State you sad group fans.

rumors are going around that urban meyer's going to coach ohio state.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
rumors are going around that urban meyer's going to coach ohio state.

all bull. compare ohio st to the job he left at florida. he had it made. why would you go to osu when theyre going to be on probation (or struggling because of it) for the next 5 years? if he wanted a change of scenery then he might have seriously considered coaching at notre dame last year and a half (sure they were 6-6 but at least they wernt on probation). and to top it off the season begins in less than 100 days, you would not be able to install your offensive/defensive system in that time. you would be lucky enough to get everyones names right before kickoff

PsychicPsycho

Did you guys see that video of pryor leaving that party? Driving off without a license (reportedly) and running a red light on camera. Apparently his prior vehicle trouble didn't get through to him. As more stuff about him comes to light, I wouldn't be surprised if they say he's inelligible ot play. I heard he's considering entering the supplemental draft; just covering his bases if they kick him out of college.
all bull. compare ohio st to the job he left at florida. he had it made. why would you go to osu when theyre going to be on probation (or struggling because of it) for the next 5 years?
Ohio state was apparently one of his dream jobs, so I've heard (along with notre dame and some other place I forgot). I wouldn't be surprised if he went there at some point. I can picture this new guy coming in and screwing things up, then they want a new guy for the 2012 season. Even with the probation, if he were to come in there and keep them going, he'd be praised. It may be a risk, but one I can see him taking.

I agree that it won't be this season though; if that happened I'd completely stunned.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
I'm for the Dallas Cowboys.

I'm kind of happy that they got a OT to replace Colombo, but I really though we needed a Defensive Back....

The Lockout is getting on my nerves too. I want free agency to start back up so my 'Boys can pick up a few decent DBs. Possibly even a DE.