• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NFL/NCAAF Thread

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
It's really annoying because Michigan has talent on their team to win 8-9 games maybe even 10 if they lived up to their potential. I'm not even looking forward to the MSU game. MSU will obliterate Michigan, and it's really painful for me to say that. After watching Minnesota blow Michigan out, and watching Utah do the same, I don't think Michigan has what it takes to beat MSU. Then again, maybe Michigan will end up showing up? Kind of like how they did last year against Ohio State.

However, let's not worry about MSU right yet, Rutgers is up next. A loss to Rutgers will damage this team even further, but a win would really help out this team. I just really hope Michigan doesn't get blown out in this game, let's hope they just band together and play Michigan football. Hopefully they can pick up a nice road win. Let's hope for the best.

Going to be a rough year for LSU. Pretty pitiful performances this year. Makes me feel sorry for people like my parents who paid an increased price for tickets this year to see this stuff...

ebevan91

YESSSSS WE BEAT ALABAMA!

Top 10 here we come! Also that OTHER Mississippi team won today too.

Navin

MALDREAD
What a disappointing loss for Michigan. Very crushed. There's not much silver lining in losing, but it was good to see that there was some heart in the team after the last several games. That smash-mouth old school run offense that Michigan is known for came to life in the fourth quarter. Perhaps that's something the offense can work with the rest of the season. Gardner also played all right except for that ugly interception.

Also, that was one of the most depiscable officiating jobs I have ever seen. They refs reviewed everything up to that point but an actual contention throw in a pressure point in the 4Q needs Michigan to challenge? BS. Not to mention it was an obvious catch, and if that happened on the field and the ball came out and Rutgers recover, they would have called it a fumble. It shouldn't have come down to that blocked field goal.

It was a tough away game and Rutgers played well. I wouldn't have minded the loss but this team is desperate for wins.

ebevan91

So many top 10 teams lost this week. Other than Florida State, the top 10 is going to look completely different come tomorrow.

Young_Simba

Quick somebody Fantasy advice
Start or sit: Desean Jackson (Probable) vs Seattle
The receivers on my bench are James Jones who has a bye so I guess that only leaves Danny Amendola vs Cinci

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
What a bs call, Michigan was robbed at the end. I'm still upset Michigan lost, but i'm not as mad as I was after the game ended last night. The offense actually showed signs of life, but the pass defense is still horrendous.

VS

they/she
I'm so confused about who to bandwagon on during this CFB season since Tulane, LSU, and UL have started to lose.
Hail State?

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
The Lions came back and won! Yes! Wow, the Seahawks lost to the Rams, and the Cowboys have the best current win/loss record in the NFL right now.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Not to mention Colt McCoy of all people leading the Redskins to a win and Peyton breaking the all-time touchdown record. Heck of a day for football yesterday, wow.

Also, I'm not convinced the Cowboys are elite. Every team they've won against except for the Seahawks has a lousy run defense, and they haven't won against a team with a record better than .500 yet. Statistically speaking, they're not doing any better than last year either. Personally, I'll be convinced if they can beat a winning team, especially if said winning team has a good run defense. Like Arizona in two weeks.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Seattle isn't that great of a team now anyway. They have a good defense and a great stadium to play in, but that's really it.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Shout out to Peyton for breaking the record!

I'm happy the Lions won yesterday, and they pulled off a great comeback! This team could have been 7-0 right now, but in week 2 they laid a egg against Carolina. Then in week 5 the Lions lost to the Bills.

I'm happy with a 5-2 record it's better than losing every game. Right now the Packers and Lions are tied in the NFC North standings. Detroit plays Atlanta next, and Green Bay plays the Saints.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Seattle isn't that great of a team now anyway. They have a good defense and a great stadium to play in, but that's really it.
Never said they were, just that their run defense is good. :p

I'm happy the Lions won yesterday, and they pulled off a great comeback! This team could have been 7-0 right now, but in week 2 they laid a egg against Carolina. Then in week 5 the Lions lost to the Bills.

I'm happy with a 5-2 record it's better than losing every game. Right now the Packers and Lions are tied in the NFC North standings. Detroit plays Atlanta next, and Green Bay plays the Saints.
Ehh, it was fun to see that happen, but it's the way it is. Every team in the league wins at least one game they should lose and loses at least one game they should win. The Lions have done both so far (Saints, Bills).

I still think the Packers will win the NFC North in the end - Aaron Rodgers is so good that he makes up for any flaw the team may have by himself - but considering how weak the NFC seems to be this year, a wildcard spot is possible, if not probable. Unless they collapse down the stretch again.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I still think the Packers will win the NFC North in the end - Aaron Rodgers is so good that he makes up for any flaw the team may have by himself - but considering how weak the NFC seems to be this year, a wildcard spot is possible, if not probable. Unless they collapse down the stretch again.

The Lions/Packers game at the end of the season could decide who wins the NFC North. I'm happy the Lions won, but I refuse to get my hopes up. We could easily see the Lions collapse. I really hope this current Lions team is not the "same old Lions."

Hopefully the Lions can keep winning games, and yes the NFC North is pretty weak. The Packers and Lions are the top two teams in the NFC North. The Bears have been on and off so far this season, and the Vikings are a struggling team.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Saw an article about a hypothetical Tom Brady trade, and I feel the need to rant a bit.

Even if Brady is slowing down a bit, he's not the real problem - Belichick is. I don't doubt for a second he can still coach with the best of them, but he has all of Jimmy Garoppolo's rookie contract to invest in the future, something his strange cocktail of cheapness and arrogance blinds him to. Meanwhile, he's not investing in Brady, clearly evidenced by his refusal to retain players like Woodhead, Welker, and Mankins, who have done nothing but contribute to the offense for as long as they've been there. I mean, I understand you only have so much money to play with on your salary cap, and you need to cut corners somewhere, but not on critical parts of your offense. Brady needs weapons! Brady needs protection! Manning has both! Brady has neither! If Belichick cares at all about getting Brady another Super Bowl, he either needs to give him the help he needs - the kind of help Manning and Luck have - or he needs to send him somewhere that already has that help. But I will say this: If he goes the latter route and Garoppolo turns out to be a bust on par with Geno Smith, then the New England Patriots will be dead to me until Belichick is removed from the front office.

I know they're not getting rid of Brady anytime soon, but I still wanted to get my feelings on Belichick out there.

Last edited:

Kumiho

Blasian
No idea what's going on with my Panthers right now. Defense is playing atrociously and offense can't seem to completely click. Won't be surprised if we don't make the playoffs this year. We really need to try and get better young players with upside. Getting table scraps from free agency isn't cutting it anymore.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
No idea what's going on with my Panthers right now. Defense is playing atrociously and offense can't seem to completely click. Won't be surprised if we don't make the playoffs this year. We really need to try and get better young players with upside. Getting table scraps from free agency isn't cutting it anymore.
It doesn't matter. The NFC South is so pitiful the Panthers could probably win the division with a .500 record, or possibly a bit worse. Like the one time the Seahawks won the West with a 7-9 record.

Kumiho

Blasian
It doesn't matter. The NFC South is so pitiful the Panthers could probably win the division with a .500 record, or possibly a bit worse. Like the one time the Seahawks won the West with a 7-9 record.

Yea, but it'd be foolish to ever sleep on the Saints or Falcons. By the way our defense is playing, I don't know if we can beat the Saints and Falcons.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Geez, and I thought the AFC East was bad. Though to be fair, Buffalo and Miami are making strides in the right direction, even if they're not quite there yet.

EDIT: Hey guys, the Thursday night game could actually be competitive for once. Denver versus San Diego. West hype!

Last edited: