• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NFL/NCAAF Thread

Kumiho

Blasian
I've all but accepted the inevitable Patriots loss to Denver next week, which is fine. I just want the Patriots to be in it for 60 minutes.

Anything can happen. Tom Brady has been hot these last few weeks.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
I dunno. The only semi-decent team we've beaten since the blowout was Cincinnati, and we pretty much caused them to unravel. If Sunday night's any indication, it's between the Steelers and the Ravens for the AFC North. The good news is, the game's at Gillette, so we at least have home field. All I know is, we need at least one win against Denver and Green Bay - you don't bet against Aaron Rodgers, and you definitely don't bet against Peyton Manning.

Actually, if everything else goes right for us, we could lose to both Denver and Green Bay and still be sitting pretty at 12-4. Might not be enough for the bye, but at least it would give us the AFC East. Still, if you can't beat Denver, you might as well not be in the playoffs.

Navin

MALDREAD
I dunno. The only semi-decent team we've beaten since the blowout was Cincinnati, and we pretty much caused them to unravel. If Sunday night's any indication, it's between the Steelers and the Ravens for the AFC North. The good news is, the game's at Gillette, so we at least have home field. All I know is, we need at least one win against Denver and Green Bay - you don't bet against Aaron Rodgers, and you definitely don't bet against Peyton Manning.

Actually, if everything else goes right for us, we could lose to both Denver and Green Bay and still be sitting pretty at 12-4. Might not be enough for the bye, but at least it would give us the AFC East. Still, if you can't beat Denver, you might as well not be in the playoffs.

Remember that classic last year? 24-0 Denver over NE at halftime, and then NE scores 31 unanswered. Never count out Brady and NE.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Dude, I went to bed calling that one a loss. I mean, I literally woke up, found out the Patriots won, and was thoroughly confused for the rest of the week.

Kumiho

Blasian
Panthers against the Saints tomorrow night. I'm always worried year after year when we play Drew Brees, and this year is no different. Secondary has been terrible all season and I'm hoping they can hold up even a little. Offense is gonna NEED to score some points because I don't think we can stop Brees' arm.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Well... you have the benefit of this being a divisional game, so... you may just be competitive...

Hey, it almost worked for the Jets.

Kumiho

Blasian
The Saints won over the Panthers 28-10. None of the problems the Panthers had Sunday were fixed yesterday. Offense is moving the ball and can't score to save their lives. Defense is still shaky. Offensive line is garbage and the running game is non-existent. It's gonna be a long season in Carolina.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Michigan beat Indiana today! I listened to the game at work, and I think I was annoying my co-workers with my constant cheers lol. I love it how some Michigan fans are like "who cares it's Indiana" Michigan was supposed to win, but if Michigan lost the fans would be having a meltdown. Some Michigan fans act like spoiled brats. I for one am happy that Michigan won a wins a win. Wins build confidence in your team, and this team needs all the confidence they can get moving forward. Michigan still has a shot at a bowl game. Go Blue!

ebevan91

Well there goes our playoff hopes, right down the drain. GG Auburn, GG.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
That was a good game between Auburn and Ole Miss. I also saw that Mississippi State squeaked by, and Florida ran all over Georgia. Florida had like 418 total rushing yards.

Kumiho

Blasian
Why are Ohio State fans hollering about a playoff place? Are you serious? I'd put in a two loss SEC team before putting in Ohio State any day.

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
Real football is on; no more talk of college.

What happened to the Chargers? I'd have bet good money that they were for real, but the Phins just rolled up on them something nasty.

Dallas has lost two in a row. They might finish 8-8 for another year in a row after all.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
You know what pisses me off about the Patriots-Broncos game? If we lose, the pundits are gonna start up again with their ******** about how Brady's not an elite quarterback anymore. I mean, do these people not realize that Denver has been in win-now mode ever since Manning signed with them?! John Elway has literally moved Heaven and Earth to surround Manning with as much talent as possible on both sides of the ball to try and get him as many Super Bowls as he can before his career's over! Meanwhile, Belichick's been keeping an eye to the future in Jimmy Garoppolo, preaching about the depth of his roster to anyone who'll listen! So to say Brady's not elite after one of his best months in recent memory just because he lost to a Broncos team that was literally built to win Super Bowls behind a roster designed to stay as stable as possible with an eye on developing the next big thing?! No. **** you!

EDIT: Patriots won. If that doesn't shut the pundits up, nothing will.

EDIT2: The Broncos "didn't come to play." Of course. Make all the goddamn excuses in the world for Manning, but when the Patriots lose, Brady's not an elite quarterback. God, I hate pundits.

Last edited:

Kumiho

Blasian
Wait, people actually say Brady isn't elite? Hello? I don't see why you bother letting them get to you, they are clearly mentally ill.

Big Ben with his second straight 6 TD game. This Steelers offense is looking DANGEROUS.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
When did the AFC North get so damn good?!

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
****. I just realized the Patriots are gonna share first place in the AFC with Denver again after the bye. I mean, are we really supposed to believe Oakland can beat Peyton Manning when he's coming off a loss? And we have to play the Colts and Packers in their own stadiums! Balls!

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Never thought I'd see the Browns tied for first place, that's for sure.