• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NFL/NCAAF Thread

Kumiho

Blasian
I guess this means it's not gonna be Johnny Football time any time soon, lmfao. Not bad, not bad at all. Keep his butt on the bench and do your thing, Brian.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
You wanna know what would be hilarious? The Browns reaching the Super Bowl and Johnny Football never playing a damn snap. Not gonna happen between Denver, New England, and Arizona, but still!

Navin

MALDREAD
Man, it's so frustrating watching this offense. Especially after my first two years at Michigan had Denard and that spread offense explosion.

EDIT:

Yay, we won. Go Blue! 5-5 (3-3 B10), a perfect .500 season kek. The defense carried our pitiful offense (sans Smith). I really thought after all those miracle wins against NW the past couple of years that NW was going to get revenge with that final play 2-pt conversion, but that failed.

I still think Hoke is likely gone this season, but maybe if he can finish 8-5 with an away win against Ohio State (which looks impossible right now) and win the bowl game, I think he deserves to stay one more year under a new AD.

Last edited:

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Man, it's so frustrating watching this offense. Especially after my first two years at Michigan had Denard and that spread offense explosion.

EDIT:

Yay, we won. Go Blue! 5-5 (3-3 B10), a perfect .500 season kek. The defense carried our pitiful offense (sans Smith). I really thought after all those miracle wins against NW the past couple of years that NW was going to get revenge with that final play 2-pt conversion, but that failed.

I still think Hoke is likely gone this season, but maybe if he can finish 8-5 with an away win against Ohio State (which looks impossible right now) and win the bowl game, I think he deserves to stay one more year under a new AD.

That pretty much sums up how I feel. I think Hoke will get another season if Michigan finishes 8-5, but it's highly unlikely Michigan finishes 8-5. I don't know though, never say never when Michigan and Ohio State play each other! Ohio State was supposed to blow out Michigan last season but that didn't happen. That Michigan team last season wasn't any better than this current Michigan team.

Navin

MALDREAD
That pretty much sums up how I feel. I think Hoke will get another season if Michigan finishes 8-5, but it's highly unlikely Michigan finishes 8-5. I don't know though, never say never when Michigan and Ohio State play each other! Ohio State was supposed to blow out Michigan last season but that didn't happen.

Ohio State went into Michigan State and won and put up 49 points. That's how you make statement wins. I don't see how this Michigan team goes into Columbus and pulls out a W, but I guess stranger things have happened in the Game.

That Michigan team last season wasn't any better than this current Michigan team.

Eh, last year's team was more inconsistent than plain bad. Several losses were really close. Penn State was a literal choke (that triple OT heartbreak) at the end. Nebraska was one near defensive play from a likely win. Iowa was a pitiful second half after a 21-7 lead but even then there was a chance to win at the end. The Game came down a final missed 2-pt conversion for the win. At the same time, several wins were very close, viz. Toledo and Northwestern. Basically last year's team could have easily gone either 10-2 or 5-7 depending on a few plays here and there. This year's team is just not good (or .500) though.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Uh, guys? The Jets are beating Pittsburgh by two touchdowns.

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
Uh, guys? The Jets are beating Pittsburgh by two touchdowns.

Yeah, the Steelers really aren't that good. Certainly not as good as their record. I mean, any time the Jets have a big lead, it's a surprise, but it's not extra special because it's a against Pittsburgh. The AFC North is stupid overrated this season. Their scheduling (they play the NFC East and the AFC South) is the biggest reason for their inflated records.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
The Lions win! Yes! It was a sloppy win, but a wins a win. The Lions were clutch in the end. Well, the next two games will be very tough. The Lions have to travel to Arizona and New England. If they could somehow win both of those games I would be ecstatic!

Navin

MALDREAD
The Lions win! Yes! It was a sloppy win, but a wins a win. The Lions were clutch in the end. Well, the next two games will be very tough. The Lions have to travel to Arizona and New England. If they could somehow win both of those games I would be ecstatic!

Haha they were playing the game at the UGLi and a whole crowd gathered to see Stafford drive the Lions to the win. Lions are 7-2 w00t and they should have been 8-1 if not for the kicking circus against Buffalo. Still holding my breath against a possible choke but the team really needs to stop with these heart attack 4Q comebacks and win comfortably. Not to mention get the kicking game up to par.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Haha they were playing the game at the UGLi and a whole crowd gathered to see Stafford drive the Lions to the win. Lions are 7-2 w00t and they should have been 8-1 if not for the kicking circus against Buffalo. Still holding my breath against a possible choke but the team really needs to stop with these heart attack 4Q comebacks and win comfortably. Not to mention get the kicking game up to par.

Nice! I was finally able to watch a full Lions game! I had today off from work. Yup, they would be 8-1 if it wasn't for the kicking circus against Buffalo. Let's hope they don't choke like they did last year, and these 4Q comebacks are nerve-racking!

Kumiho

Blasian
Panthers playing in Monday Night Football against the Eagles. Seriously, we need to RUN THE FOOTBALL. That's what we need to get back to in order for us to get back to winning ways. Control the game and manage it, it feels so loose, the way we're playing right now.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Either way, someone in the AFC North has to go to the playoffs. We'll see if they're for real then.

EDIT: Carson Palmer got hurt. Isn't that just the way it always goes, though? You sign your quarterback to an extension, and he gets hurt not even a game later. Ah, football.

Last edited:

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Well, I have a 4 point lead on my friend in my fantasy league right now. Unfortunately for me all of my players are done playing this week, and my friend has Jeremy Maclin playing monday night. I already know Maclin will score more than 4 points so I pretty much lost. Unless the Panther defense shuts Maclin down completely. This is by far the worst year of fantasy football I've ever had....My team has been very inconsistent this season, and Calvin Johnson being out has hurt me. I just got Calvin back today, and he tore it up. It really sucked not having his production in previous weeks.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
So with the win against Oakland, the Broncos match the Patriots' record, which pretty much doesn't change anything except give us home field so long as we match them. The Colts at home are the real test, though - if the Patriots win there, it means we at least have a chance at Mile High should it come to that. Plus I don't think Andrew Luck has a win against Brady yet... watch this be the game that changes that.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Tough loss for the Lions....Too bad they couldn't have gotten some offense going. The Cardinals D is just too good. I knew this would be a tough game, and next week they have to play the Patriots which will be another tough game.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Not really. Stafford played horribly and lost them the game. That's been happening a bit too much for my liking, to the point where I'm almost on the "find a new QB" bandwagon. Then again, if the Ravens can win a SB with Flacco at QB, I'll believe anything can happen.

Oh well. I had the Arizona game marked as a loss anyway; the Lions just don't win in Arizona. And as far as I'm concerned, they're already 7-5 because they're probably going to lose to the Patriots next week and the Packers in Week 17. They should win the rest.

Lions aside, how about them Rams? I was shocked when I saw they beat the Broncos that badly.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
It's not like the Cardinals blew out Detroit it was a winnable game HAD Stafford and the offense actually played good, but I predicted the Cardinals would come out victorious in the end. The Lions will probably lose to the Patriots next week, but we shall see what happens. Anything can happen in sports! I mean, did anyone really think the Rams would blow out the Broncos? Lol.

Last edited:

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
The Rams were playing at home. The Lions are not, and the Patriots are practically unbeatable at home.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
You still have to play the game. The Patriots just happen to play very good football at home! The Patriots could slip up you never know.

The team that executes the best wins. Today the Cardinals executed better than the Lions. The home fans weren't on the field winning the game for Arizona. Fans just make it loud in a stadium. Being at home doesn't guarantee you anything in football. You still have to play the game, and execute better than the other team. The Broncos played terrible football, and the Rams were executing.

Hats off to the Rams.