• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NFL/NCAAF Thread

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I wouldn't get mad about the Lions winning 11 or 10 games. It's not like the Lions are used to winning every season. I want the Lions to have a winning record, and I want to see them make the playoffs. Sure, any fan wants to see their favorite team win the Super Bowl, but let's be realistic....The Lions aren't a Super Bowl team.

Last edited:

Navin

MALDREAD
Gobble gobble, Lions feasted on the Bears 34-17. Finally, that offense woke up. Megatron got 10k receiving yards in just 115 games. What a beast. Great game by Stafford too. Also ESPN reports that Stafford apparently has 12 career double-digit comeback wins, which is the second-most in the NFL since he entered the league in 2009. Hopefully the offense can stick for the rest of the season.

HoboJak

Unbroken
Gobble gobble, Lions feasted on the Bears 34-17. Finally, that offense woke up. Megatron got 10k receiving yards in just 115 games. What a beast. Great game by Stafford too. Also ESPN reports that Stafford apparently has 12 career double-digit comeback wins, which is the second-most in the NFL since he entered the league in 2009. Hopefully the offense can stick for the rest of the season.

Felt like he got ten thousand receiving yards in one game... if only the Bears had a defense :x

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
Brace yourselves, NFL. The Seahawks are coming.

Even if we don't end up catching Arizona, if we make the playoffs after what HAS to be the most nightmarish schedule in NFL history, that in itself is an accomplishment. We've either played, or have yet to play, Green Bay (8-3), Denver (8-3), San Diego (7-4), Dallas (8-4), Kansas City (7-4), Arizona twice (9-2), San Francisco twice (7-5), and Philadelphia (9-3).

Last edited:

charizardfan

Yesterday was so great. Eagles dominated the Cowboys at home, on Thanksgiving, in just about every facet of the game! 33-10, and sole possession of the NFC East. Sanchez made good plays, threw for one touchdown and ran for another touchdown and a first down, and didn't do anything stupid. McCoy rushed for 159 yards. The offensive line protected Sanchez well and opened up lanes for McCoy to just run all over the Cowboys. The defense pressured Romo all game, shredded Dallas' vaunted O-line, held DeMarco Murray to only 73 yards, and outside of one big play contained Dez Bryant. The only thing to mar an otherwise perfect game was the one fumble and an inconsistent Redzone performance (the score should have been even higher than it was). That, and Riley Cooper. Otherwise, this just felt really good.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Sanchez is always gonna have that Butt Fumble scar in the eyes of Pats fans.

So Ray Rice won his appeal. In other news, the NFL (or at least the judge handling the case) has proven once and for all that it literally gives no shits about domestic violence.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
A great win for Urban's boys. Cincinnati did well too, and so it looks like all mid-major conferences will send all their 7+ win teams to bowls this year - Middle TN-UTEP is basically an elimination game.

Navin

MALDREAD
Welp guess that is the end of Hoke as head coach of Michigan. What a disappointment after what I thought were two good years in the beginning. But 11-2 to 8-5 to 7-6 to 5-7 and bowl ineligibility, and going 1-3 against MSU and OSU doesn't cut it, especially seeing how well those two schools have been performing. Hoke has had a lot of close losses and The Game has been great the past four years and maybe he was just extremely unlucky, but I can't see how the AD doesn't ask him to step down. Maybe Michigan will retain him as a DL line coach?

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Two of the ACC-SEC games so far have been real thrillers too. The game in Georgia went to OT and GT won after an interception, and the game in Kentucky is down to the wire too.

EDIT: Louisville wins after an interception as well. Kentucky collapse is complete.

Last edited:

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
If Hoke gets another year, I don't understand why. The team went 5-7 this season....The team isn't making any positive progress. I love it how Rich Rod went 7-6 in his 3rd year, and he was automatically canned, but Hoke gets free passes because he's a Michigan man. What a crock of crap. Hoke is a great guy, but he should NOT be the head coach at Michigan. Period. He's better suited as a D-Line coach.

Navin

MALDREAD
If Hoke gets another year, I don't understand why. The team went 5-7 this season....The team isn't making any positive progress. I love it how Rich Rod went 7-6 in his 3rd year, and he was automatically canned, but Hoke gets free passes because he's a Michigan man. What a crock of crap. Hoke is a great guy, but he should NOT be the head coach at Michigan. Period. He's better suited as a D-Line coach.

Rich Rod was given an unfair chance at Michigan, but I do feel he too wasn't an ideal fit at Michigan either. Although I just wonder had Michigan got a good DC from his fourth year onward, how his teams would have fared then.

If not either of the Harbaugh brothers, I'd like to see Michigan pursue David Shaw from Stanford or Gus Malzahn from Auburn. I'd be happy with any of those four. I hope Michigan doesn't go for Les Miles honestly; he's already 61 and I feel we need someone younger. It would be pretty ironic if Michigan stole Pat Narduzzi from MSU.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Well, after yesterday's games, judging from the standings and tie-ins, it looks like all eligible mid-major teams with 7+ wins will be going bowling this year, something we haven't seen since 2009. I think it is important to the integrity of the bowl selection process that all 7+ win teams that are eligible, whether or not they are power conference, get into bowls every year. The mid-major teams really need that exposure and money.

Navin

MALDREAD
I just can't believe my school isn't going bowling this year. I was expecting a 9-3 season for Michigan and hoping for one rivalry win this season. Also, I really like watching Andrew Luck play. Maybe he won't be the next Peyton Manning for Indy, but still, the guy makes his throws.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Johnny Manziel got his first significant action for Cleveland today. Though they lost, he still did better than Hoyer and so should start next week.

Mye

Someone has to win..
Manziel had a rushing tutty, and looked pretty calm when he had the ball (almost like rg3 before he became Blaine Gabbert). Speaking of which, Jacksonville beat the Giants and the rams beat oakland 52-0. Not gonna comment on the former as I was expecting that, but as for the latter, I think the rams may be the most underrated "average" team in the nfl right now.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Well, the Patriots are clearly shitting the bed against Green Bay, so we need the Chiefs to beat Denver.

All it takes is one loss for the pundits to start calling Brady a bum again and completely forget everything he's done these past two months.